• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
That was the best art in existence, it was like crossing south park with....south park. CLOUD BURNS. nuff said.

paras is a bit too broken. 100% accuracy? an attack the never misses? Go to the other side of the stage, fire run away, fire, run away, repeat x 100 and then poke them for the win.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is about the reaction I was expecting (no Paras love, Master Chief should burn, where's Toad, etc.), but what I was NOT expecting was this:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. You would switch out the Skull Kid, the main antagonist from a major Zelda game for a guy who's only talent is standing on switches???

Wow. Yes, I understand that Kafei is the only other playable character in a Zelda game, but being playable and being good in a fighting game are very far from being the same thing. When you play as Kafei, you stand on switches. And that's it. He does nothing else.

The logic that could have compelled you to post that completely boggles my mind. :p

I'll probably add a couple of more characters to the list, but it's pretty close right now to what I would pick as my final list. :)
Then again, look at one new character they chose. Zero Suit Samus was literally a pathetically weak version of Samus. All SHE could do is run away and stun pirates (IF the beam was charged up) and they gave her a lazer whip. I'm not saying Kafei is likely, but I'm pointing out that there is precedent for this sort of thing.

Also, I realized the pokemon I would have instead of Paras. Cubone. Hells yeah.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
great list the last pic was funny...my sister cried at sephiroth burning.

Rash

Smash Ace
Excellent work on the pics, McFox. The artwork is as impressive as it is funny, and that's admirable. Not only that, but your choice of characters to make said pictures of is top-notch. Way to go!

Skull Kid FTW.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I think it should be in Fliptroopa's thread you'll create a pandemic of bad ideas and flood the boards with personal lists it has already started also your list is okay, but I don't agree with some of the characters' placement not neccasarily the characters. I don't agree with some of the characters aswell, but it is the best I've seen. Personally I think you should find actual pictures it is quite obvious that whoever made those is not an artist.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I think it should be in Fliptroopa's thread you'll create a pandemic of bad ideas and flood the boards with personal lists it has already started also your list is okay, but I don't agree with some of the characters' placement not neccasarily the characters. I don't agree with some of the characters aswell, but it is the best I've seen. Personally I think you should find actual pictures it is quite obvious that whoever made those is not an artist.
I made them, doofus. I'd put more stake in your obviously well-thought out and remarkably insightful opinions if I ever cared about anything you had to say, ever.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Toad was the one who set the fire
"Regular" Toad.

:chainsaw:

EDIT

styrks said:
Cause Toad is awesome, he should have a shot in brawl...
How is he awesome, hmm? Toad is the worst thing that happened to the Mario games, and I'm prepared to debate that. *Prepares for imminent flaming and neg-reps*

EDIT 2

I guess some people like Toad.:laugh:

EDIT 3

:bigthumbu

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Whoa whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. You would switch out the Skull Kid, the main antagonist from a major Zelda game for a guy who's only talent is standing on switches???

Wow. Yes, I understand that Kafei is the only other playable character in a Zelda game, but being playable and being good in a fighting game are very far from being the same thing. When you play as Kafei, you stand on switches. And that's it. He does nothing else.

The logic that could have compelled you to post that completely boggles my mind. :p

I'll probably add a couple of more characters to the list, but it's pretty close right now to what I would pick as my final list. :)
Well, if you bothered to look, Kafei also has a rolling attack, and a karate chop where Link's sword attack would have been. He can fight, he just doesn't need to. Also, his mask, the Keaton mask, has some magical properties such as summoning Keatons, which would make for a very interesting character in Smash. Besides that, there are a couple more reasons why Kafei is the best possible choice for a Zelda character (yes, I said it.), involving the fact that his is an original character model, and his outfit being unlockable to wear in Animal Crossing. Besides, when you boil right down to it, Skull Kid is too generic. In Oot, there were Skull Kids scattered all over the lost woods. So one of them managed to sneak away and find a mask. Woop-de-doo. Kafei could whip Skull Kids butt any day.

BTW, did my Lucas info help you out at all?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Sorry McFox, but I'm going to have to argue the Kafei attack. First, I understand and actually would agree with you, had some characters in Melee NOT been in Melee. Zelda took Link's moves from their respective game and Shiek is as useless as Kafei, meaning that she never did anything either, in fact she did less.

And SupaSmashBrotha, I've played all the English FE games at least twice over, so don't think I've never played the game, which no one really understands. I say it a lot, but because I have a different opinion, it OBVIOUSLY means I never played it. PoR was boring next to the GBA games, I really can't fathom why you say it was so good. It didn't do anything for me. And that's all I'm saying.

PS: Ike's a chump

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Where is Sephiroth in that last picture? I think you mean CLOUD dying in a fire.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Well, if you bothered to look, Kafei also has a rolling attack, and a karate chop where Link's sword attack would have been. He can fight, he just doesn't need to. Also, his mask, the Keaton mask, has some magical properties such as summoning Keatons, which would make for a very interesting character in Smash. Besides that, there are a couple more reasons why Kafei is the best possible choice for a Zelda character (yes, I said it.), involving the fact that his is an original character model, and his outfit being unlockable to wear in Animal Crossing. Besides, when you boil right down to it, Skull Kid is too generic. In Oot, there were Skull Kids scattered all over the lost woods. So one of them managed to sneak away and find a mask. Woop-de-doo. Kafei could whip Skull Kids butt any day.
Yoshi and all Pokemon make the "generic" argument moot. And no, Kafei could not kick Skull Kid's but. Kafei can roll, chop, and stand on buttons. Skull Kid can make the freaking moon crash into the earth. And your "whoop-de-doo" argument could easily be turned around on you, as I will demonstrate. Kafei is just some ****** who happened to wear a mask. Whoop-de-doo. And I'm sorry, but Kafei is a very, very minor character who appears in a sidestory of one game. Skull Kid appears in a side story in one game, becomes the main villain of another, and is apparently going to be present in another game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
By the way, I was able to find the information about the Skull Kid appearing in Twilight Princess:

Skull Kid - A regular in the N64 Zelda games, he became a major character in Majora's Mask, but it is still unknown what kind of role he will play in this game. It is, however, known that Skull Kid will be Link's enemy in Twilight Princess, as he is seen blowing a musical instrument that summons the Skull Kid Creatures. He is also seen here holding a lantern, leaving no space for him to carry any weapons of his own. Perhaps this tells us that you will not be fighting Skull Kid directly, but will instead be only fighting the monsters he summons.

Skull Kid Creatures - These creepy creatures are summoned by the Skull Kid's musical instrument. Their weird smile is very off-putting, but do not be fooled - they are definitely your enemies! The Skull Kid Creatures hover in mid-air with their limbs hanging at strange angles, and the best way to defeat them is to parry around them and jump up to slash at their backs. They have the same kind of style to them as the Skull Kid, and this could suggest that we will only see them when the Skull Kid is near to summon them.

Those are both pictures from a trailer.

So now Skull Kid summons stuff too. Kafei can summon yellow foxes that ask riddles? Skull Kid summons monsters who (ironically enough) have numerous tentacles with which to attack you.

Sorry, but Kafei sucks. At least Sheik was a ninja. Kafei was a little kid who stood on switches, and could also (gasp!) roll and slap things.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
By the way, I was able to find the information about the Skull Kid appearing in Twilight Princess:

Skull Kid - A regular in the N64 Zelda games, he became a major character in Majora's Mask, but it is still unknown what kind of role he will play in this game. It is, however, known that Skull Kid will be Link's enemy in Twilight Princess, as he is seen blowing a musical instrument that summons the Skull Kid Creatures. He is also seen here holding a lantern, leaving no space for him to carry any weapons of his own. Perhaps this tells us that you will not be fighting Skull Kid directly, but will instead be only fighting the monsters he summons.

Skull Kid Creatures - These creepy creatures are summoned by the Skull Kid's musical instrument. Their weird smile is very off-putting, but do not be fooled - they are definitely your enemies! The Skull Kid Creatures hover in mid-air with their limbs hanging at strange angles, and the best way to defeat them is to parry around them and jump up to slash at their backs. They have the same kind of style to them as the Skull Kid, and this could suggest that we will only see them when the Skull Kid is near to summon them.

Those are both pictures from a trailer.

So now Skull Kid summons stuff too. Kafei can summon yellow foxes that ask riddles? Skull Kid summons monsters who (ironically enough) have numerous tentacles with which to attack you.

Sorry, but Kafei sucks. At least Sheik was a ninja. Kafei was a little kid who stood on switches, and could also (gasp!) roll and slap things.
Oooooh. Mucho thankos, McFox. Tres interestingo. I want to say that could perhaps be a Brawl move, but I don't think it'd work. And I agree with Stryks, he looks a little weird.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Improbable but Not Impossible Characters

Fawful
Fawful is an interesting character, in that he used to get suggested all the time. I've been at these boards for a long time, and for a very long time, everyone thought he would be great. And then, right around the time when Brawl was actually announced, support for Fawful wained. Why? Fawful is completely hilarious, and he would have a great moveset, thanks to his all-purpose cranial protection dome. Fawful will bring the mustard of your doom!
YES! Fawful rules!

And I find that last pic very funny, even though I am a Waluigi supporter.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
You could, I dunno, read the name McFox wrote under him or the one in the url of the image.
The name just doesn't match up with the picture. I've never seen this guy before; Megaman looks totally different.

Skywalker

Space Jump
yeah, whats wrong with you? everyone knows megaman looks like this:

get your facts straight plz :p
I heard in an interview that the Megaman 1 box art was drawn overnight! :rotfl: I just thought I'd add that.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Certainly looks like that was the case... :chuckle:
:chuckle: I'm honestly not joking.:chuckle: Literally, someone from Capcom asked their friend to draw a cover and have it ready by tomorrow. I even heard somewhere that Megaman was rushed.

Megaman looks like an obscure superhero that has gone "over the hill".:p

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
:chuckle: I'm honestly not joking.:chuckle: Literally, someone from Capcom asked their friend to draw a cover and have it ready by tomorrow. I even heard somewhere that Megaman was rushed.

Megaman looks like an obscure superhero that has gone "over the hill".:p
Oh no, I believe you... :chuckle: I wonder if that friend had his kid draw it up that night or something... :rotfl:

Skywalker

Space Jump
Oh no, I believe you... :chuckle: I wonder if that friend had his kid draw it up that night or something... :rotfl:
I digress, the artistic quality was too good for a "kid" to do it. I looks somewhat profession--*cracks up over lame box art*.

This is the picture I was using as a reference for Megaman. I'd say it's fairly accurate.
XD
That's strange, I can see it fine.

Rehosted it:

Hm . . . McFox, should I believe you or not? You've proved yourself to be reliable, but this time . . . I'm not so sure.:ohwell:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer

That's exactly what I'm seeing.

And also, I exported the FPoD as a higher-quality (and larger overall) .png file. :D

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I dunno what you people are seeing. I can also see just fine.... my best bet is that you guys are using some sort of defunct browser?
off topic: MUST......SEE.....McFox's.....photobucket account!

Top Bottom