• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
...So you're assuming that there's a Cop and assuming that there aren't four PRs in the game.

Also, you said you're a PR. Did you perform an action last Night? Did it go through? I'm surprised you didn't mention any of this.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
EBWOP: Never mind on the first part of my post. I wasn't looking at your post clearly enough and now that I read it more carefully there probably is a Cop in the game. I hadn't thought about Hida's flip at the time.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
...So you're assuming that there's a Cop and assuming that there aren't four PRs in the game.

Also, you said you're a PR. Did you perform an action last Night? Did it go through? I'm surprised you didn't mention any of this.
Is an assumption there is a cop a bad one?

I did perform an action last night, but as far as it went through I don't know what would go through first. Your power or mine.

Can you tell us if YOUR power went through or not? You can't. I'm the same way. Nothing seems to indicate that it has or has not went through.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You didn't really say whether or not it went through. You just discussed not knowing which one of our powers goes through first.

Did you get any results or did you come up empty?

Purple

Hi guys!
Man guys, that was a fun birthday. I got some tasty cheesecake and a teddy bear from my gf (teddy bears are legit, don't be jealous. :mad:).

After a re-read, two things popped out to me in particular. First was Sold2's question to me. I will be answering that after this paragraph. Second, was Second, is Mayling's ask for cop to come out.

Your question S2, was why I quick-hammered on Hidajeremi. Ironically, my answer goes in suit with me meeting Mayling's request. I am the Cop. My two suspicions I wanted to investigate at the end of day 1 were Hida, and you, Sold2; Hida was more important in my eyes so he was investigated first. I got him as a guilty, so after coming into this thread and seeing Hida be at L-1, I felt no need to listen to Hida's lies. Since the day was so short, I went along with investigating you, in return you came up as an innocent claim.

Now, about quick-hammering in particular. Quick hammering makes town feel suspicious of me, regardless of whether or not Hida was town or scum, which in return makes mafia have no desire to kill me, feeling I will be lynched the next day. Of course I can only do this for so long before I become a lynch target, hence why it's okay in my eyes to spill the beans now. Incase you are wondering why I tend to play cop in a scummy, seemingly random mindset, I try to keep myself from being a night target, however still be able to get and show reliable information. Instead of playing extremely pro-town, I play 'anti-town' and get pressured towards lynches. Obviously this wouldn't work so well in higher populated games, but at the same time I've never been in many huge caps, nor have I ever been cop in them (I have however been doctor, and I've followed this meta all the way to the end of the game).

Now, I have to get ready for my language arts class, so I can't finish discussing what iw as going to discuss (which was Mister Eric), that'll come in a few hours.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Awesome, if everyone who claimed a PR is telling the truth and Sold isn't a Mafia godfather (or something akin to it that would allow him to come up innocent in a Cop investigation) that would leave Delvro, Mister Eric, McFox, and vanderzant. We can still throw in Sold since it is possible that he's scum and has some sort of Cop protection, but either way we have a good chance of hitting scum going with one of these people. I'd be fine going with Delvro or Eric toDay.

(This is all under the fair assumption that there are 3 scum.)

Delvro

Smash Ace
Awesome, if everyone who claimed a PR is telling the truth
This is a ridiculous claim.

Mafia managed to sway us to SRB, huh? That's funny because I wasn't on the wagon and you find me scummiest. Who on the wagon is scum, then?

My Jailing choices really shouldn't make me look more or less scummy. I could just be bad at Jailkeeping. People asked me to reveal my ****ing strategy about who I was targeting and I did, which when I look back on it was an idiotic move.

Also, I still don't see an answer to my question.
Well duh. Mafia would be stupid to put all of 3 of their members on an innocent vote. You were simply the one (or one of two) instructed not to vote for SRB. I wasn't talking about you in particular with reference to SRB, I was talking about the entire mafia.

Your Jailing choices are EXTREMELY revealing with regard to how scummy you look. Your claimed role roleblocks and protects people. Who you choose to do this to is very revealing and it's naive to suppose otherwise. Speaking of which:

I targeted Mayling.
I don't believe you.

Really, I'm not particularly inclined to deal with scum wifom arguments. At this moment, Clownbot has nearly ZERO chance of being a townie unless some very strange nighttime roles were used.

If you have a very good reason that Clownbot should be left alive and unroleblocked for two days straight with such an extremely powerful role, then PLEASE stand up and say something. Otherwise, Clownbot is the scummiest of scum and really, really needs to die.

Come on guys. Let's not sit at the sidelines this time.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh. That makes the quickhammer make a lot of sense.

If you think about it, since Roxy is Cop (if he is telling the truth) scum would have had a chance to quick hammer Mister Eric. (Two votes on him, three scum.) However, they didn't. That means either 1) scum is on Mister Eric's wagon or 2) Mister Eric is scum. This further points us down to Mister Eric, McFox, or Sold2 being scum. but since Roxy got an innocent on Sold2 (barring Godfather) this leaves us with Mister Eric or McFox as scum. However, I feel pretty confident that McFox is town. Plus Mister Eric's lousy defense, lackluster responses and contributions, I think he is probably the scum and that's why scum didn't get a chance to hammer.

I tried to wait long enough to bring up this point, to see if anyone would randomly hop onto Eric's wagon. I also had to wait for Roxy to return from his birthday, since it was possible scum was waiting for his vote.

I have various reactions to Clownbot's response to me, as he is entirely shrugging off our attacks. However, I was originally thinking that 3 scum = 3 PR which helped my argument against Clownbot. But I suppose i could see where it would make see for there to be 4 PR.

Anyway. I do think we have a safer option going with Mister Eric.

Oh. Uhm. Pretty sure Delvro is also town (or playing me like a fiddle.) So he won't get my vote, Clownbot.

Also in repsonse to your question, Clownbot, I do not receive "information" from my role. It's not like an investigation role (watcher, tracker, cop, etc) but more like yours as in it's an active role in which I can DO things, but I don't really LEARN anything from it, if that makes sense.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, Delvro who are Clownbot's partners then? Don't tunnel vision. Who's our SAFEST BET right now?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I wasn't asking a rhetorical question when I asked who on SRB's wagon was scum. Who was on it that you find scummiest?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I love how Clownbot just assumed Mayling is clear because of whatever her claim was. Quote from Dr. Sprite: "Dear Town, Armor claims come from Scum. Love, Sprite." I've liked Mayling's play so far, outside of her case on Hida(at least she HAD a case on Hida), but armor claim smells bad every time I see it. Also, just saying I haaate being "confirmed" townie and it happens way too often.

I guess for the time being, I'm more convinced of Clownscum than Scumro, but I still prefer Mister Scum over both of them. Question/Request for Mister Eric:
Care to make one? You haven't made any kind of case on anyone so far.
From what I understand, you're working on this sometime, and I'd just like to remind you it still applies. Or perhaps I should ask you your opinion on Clownbot/Delvro, since that seems to be the big thing now.

also ninjas but I don't wanna retype this post.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Well, Delvro who are Clownbot's partners then? Don't tunnel vision. Who's our SAFEST BET right now?
All right, my second suspect is McFox, and then vand.

McFox hasn't really done much the entire game, and then suddenly posts a big attack on Mister Eric. But only after s2 and others are like "Mister Eric's vote on Hida is scummy", so he knew his big attack is safe. However, many of McFox's arguments are really nitpicky and not really indicative of scum at all, just unique quirks of playstyle specific to Mister Eric (in all of his games I've experienced with Eric, 1 as town and 1 as scum)

To be honest, I got the feeling reading McFox's entire argument that McFox was thinking in his head "If I can make this one last lynch, I win!!"

Vand just because he's been uber lurker, I'd much rather lynch clownbot or McFox. I'm okay with either really, but I focused on Clownbot because it's much, much more likely that he is scum than McFox.

So Vand voted for SRB (very quickly) on Day 1, and McFox voted for Hida day 2. Not that I blame McFox for voting Hida, but he didn't really give much reason behind his vote (I think he tried to push Hida's lynch on day 1 and then voted him day 2 saying that his previous suspicions still stand)

Delvro

Smash Ace
but I still prefer Mister Scum over both of them.
Please don't vote Mister Eric. The case on him is a bunch of air led by a scummy scumbag. In fact, I don't care who you vote for as long as it's not Mister Eric or Mayling/

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Delvro said:
But only after s2 and others are like "Mister Eric's vote on Hida is scummy", so he knew his big attack is safe.
Actually, I'd argue that I only posted my big attack once Eric remained my last suspect from jumping on Clown's bandwagon suspiciously which I pointed out back in Post 239 on D1, where I did in fact vote for Eric, and where, I feel it's worth noting, my vote stayed until the end of the Day. Saying that this attack on Eric is anything new is just a lie.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I've also pushed against Eric numerous times since that post, long before he even put hida at L-1 under suspicious circumstances. And once again, saying that I've waited until others attacked Eric before going after him myself is, again, a lie.

Delvro

Smash Ace
McFox wasn't on the SRB wagon either, so Vand must have single-handedly done some pretty **** good swaying.
Why are you arguing so vehemently one of my most minor points that I made? Why are you ignoring everything else that is quite frankly infinitely more important, like your bogus Jailkeeper claim that the mafia apparently don't seem to care about one bit?

Is it, perhaps, because it's the only thing that you CAN attack, rather than the slew of inconsistencies and oddities that revolve around your supposed role, your strange suppositions such your total assumed truth of all other players' role-claims, and the defensive, one-track manner in which you place your suspicions and votes (like how I'm apparently ONLY suspicious when I target you specifically and nothing I ever say to anyone else is suspicious)?

Actually, I'd argue that I only posted my big attack once Eric remained my last suspect from jumping on Clown's bandwagon suspiciously
Oh, and that's another thing. Jumping on Clownbot's wagon suspiciously? What's so suspicious about jumping on Clownbot's wagon? I see nothing suspicious about jumping on Clownbot's wagon, considering that, one, no scum has yet been caught pushing for his lynch (instead, we found two townies), and two, Mister Eric was probably right, as I hope to goodness that everyone will see soon.

Your speculations as to Mister Eric's vote in this case is just pure speculation, and nothing more.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So it's not legitimate because YOU find it to be a minor point. It's not even legitimate enough for you to legitimately defend yourself against it, you just lay out a bunch of **** about me that you've said before.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Delv said:
Oh, and that's another thing. Jumping on Clownbot's wagon suspiciously? What's so suspicious about jumping on Clownbot's wagon?
There's nothing inherently suspicious about being against Clown (this should be obvious since I haven't brought anything against you). I didn't like the way that the three of them (Tand, hida, Eric) jumped onto Clown's wagon, and I further didn't like the way that Eric got onto hida's wagon as well. That's enough for me to vote him.

Delv said:
However, many of McFox's arguments are really nitpicky and not really indicative of scum at all, just unique quirks of playstyle specific to Mister Eric (in all of his games I've experienced with Eric, 1 as town and 1 as scum)
Well I've never played with him, so I don't have any meta to go off of. But what you seem to be saying is that if Eric plays or acts suspiciously, we should handwave it because he's done it before, right? Hopefully there's no way that a scum-Eric could use this kind of assumption against us...

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Jeez this topic sure does go off while I'm sleeping >.<

Unvote

Delvro, I find it sooooo weak that you'd call me out on voting for SRB "lightly," when you've done nothing BUT vote lightly. The. Entire. Game.

I want to hear from Eric again, but from my point of view, Eric is the best chance for a scum lynch. Not a fan of Delvro either.

I'm iffy about Mayling's claim and why she doesn't want to reveal it. Same with Clown's claim, but that's just a big WIFOM. But to be honest, I'd rather lynch someone for playing scummy rather than some night role WIFOM.

Mayling, can you elaborate on your role in someway? Or at least tell us why doing so would be bad for town?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't say revealing my role would be bad. I never said I wouldn't reveal it. I in fact asked "Should I reveal it" and I didn't have a problem revealing my role b/c I know scum won't be able to kill me (which is why most PRs stay hidden.) I'm more than willing to reveal my role.It's just that no one ASKED me to reveal my role, Clownbot just was content to ask me questions rather than to reveal my role.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't really see the point of you revealing. If you're telling the truth and you can't be killed, might as well leave scum in the dark as to why.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm ignoring all posts for now before I take the time to read through them and make appropriate remarks. Keep in mind, I won't be in this mode often because I don't prefer it this game.

You see, I've been playing smash for a few years now, brawl mostly. For Brawl, I've been traveling for about 1.5 yrs now. The main point of this bit is because of the character I main and the way I go about him. I main R.O.B., a character who started out as a high tier and has went down ever since (currently he is at the bottom of C tier). A big reason for him falling in his ranks is that mostly everyone that picks him up just checks smashboards, watches some videos, and follows his guide. The problem with this is, it's a very one dimensional approach. They play a set way with him, expecting that he must camp his opponents to win and eventually learn to believe that not many other options exist. That's why most R.O.B.s give up or simply go MK. They tend to be read too easily by their opponent because most R.O.B.s play the same way.

Stubborn and hard-headed, I refuse to quit my robotic buddy and try to find the success that I believe dwells within him. What I've began doing is instead of copying robs, I find things that I like, and throw it into my style. But most importantly, I create my style; I define my ways. I have a pretty quirky style and it has led me to currently 4th place on the R.O.B. Power Rankings. I believe this is because they don't see me coming when we begin our match. They expect, they assume, and I disappoint.

This is where mafia comes in. When I see you all play mafia, I see a very one dimensional style of play -- it bores me. I don't like to be bored, but then again...I like the style of mafia, so I'm giving it another shot after saying I wouldn't. Plus, it's a Mayling themed game (<3) and Xiivi rocks so there was no way I could refuse in the end. All I'm trying to say is, please don't be too haste in going after people who seem like scum on the surface. I may very well be scum. Only I and Xiivi know this. I will tell you I'm not (and I'm not, I promise), but it's mafia, and I understand the lack of trust...since that word should be omitted from this game. I'm bringing a new playstyle (for me) to the field and seeing where it takes me. I'm sorry that I can't play a set way and keep up a constant poker face. That doesn't seem fun and it's not how I roll.

I'm not good with suspicions, but my wish for this game is that Mayling is town and that she wins her own game.

tl;dr...read it.

Sorry if this proved no point. I just felt like typing it =]

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wait, Mayling asked if we wanted her to reveal her role? She also can't be killed by scum?

I need to pay more attention. -_- I'd also be interested in seeing a claim in that case
inb4"omgclownisscumlynchhim"

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
As in, it would take a lot longer to form a response to those needed responded too, than to just explain myself and feelings a bit better. But, I bet you didn't rly stop there, and if you did...your wish.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Clownbot, wanna go read my #560 cus this is twice now that I've said that you've 'missed'. :/

Anyway. Town redirector here. n1: redirected onto Jeremy. n2: redirected onto Mister Eric. If mafia targeted me for night kill, I wanted to try to redirect it onto those I felt were scum. I targeted Mister Eric N2 for the way he placed his vote on the Jeremy case (it was a toss up between directing onto him or Roxy, but eventually I just went with my gut and went for Mister Eric.)

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Mayling, I'm not familiar with a redirector. Can you redirect actions aimed at other players onto others? (e.g. actions aimed at Player A onto Player B). Or is it just actions aimed at you onto other players?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Actually, Mayling, why did you reveal your role? The details part, not the "I'm a power role too" part.

like your bogus Jailkeeper claim that the mafia apparently don't seem to care about one bit?
What did you mean here by the mafia not caring.

@Mister Eric. Announcer: 3, 2, 1, Start! -you punch me in the face when I do a SH din's fire-
S2: Omg what? You were supposed to toplazer.
Still waiting for something from you, won't let you just coast through this game.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because I figured people were going to ask, since people (including myself) asked Clownbot his night details. It would have been HIGHLY hypocritical to deny town this information, so I went ahead and said it.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Well, Clownbot claimed Jailer, something who's night actions may as well be told (no reason not to). Your role on the other hand had reasons not to have been claimed (could be used to kill scum, etc.) though I guess it's "surprise!" factor was lost as soon as you claimed "bulletproof-ish" or whatever.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
True. I had assumed people were going to ask my night actions so that's why I went ahead and gave them.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, sorry to drop this on the game at a time like this, but I've just found out that I'm going to be V/LA starting tomorrow until Sunday EST. I've alerted Xiivi.

Anyway, I'm fine with parking my vote on Eric, and leaving the rest up to town. I'll still be around for another 8ish hours.

Vote: Mister Eric

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for June 16, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/8 to lynch!

Day 3 Vote Count 2:
Clownbot: Delvro (
)
Delvro: Clownbot (
)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: Sold2, McFox, vanderzant (
)
Roxy: (0)
Sold2: (0)