• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Delvro, don't forget that Sold could be some sort of Godfather. Either way, Roxy's claim makes sense with the hammering of Hida, so we have a fairly good chance of hitting scum toDay.
God I hope not. A miller AND a godfather, and the cop hits both? That would suck. Still, you may be right.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
unvote
1 sec I gotta eat breakfast and read what I missed but I saw L-1 at one point.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Also clownbot I am sorry for attacking you so hard. I relied too much on my role and I should know better. =P

Delvro

Smash Ace
so we have 4 unclears. Vand, s2, McFox, and Mister Eric.

All the unclears except Mister Eric are voting for Mister Eric.

hmmm.....

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Really, if you want to do "What Ifs", nobody is here is clear by any means (mafia cop, mafia redirector, w/e). To be more reasonable, the only thing confirmed about clownbot at this point is that he has a nonlethal targeting role that he targeted Mayling with and was bumped to Mister Eric with. We can assume he's at least halfway telling the truth, and that he's either Jailer/Roleblocker. His alignment still isnt confirmed.

Honestly, same goes for Mayling. What makes Redirector a strictly town role? Oh, and I could be a Godfather, or I could be an Indy of some sort. Roxy is pretty clear to me though, mafia cop would only be in here so the mod could laugh at us. Unsure what to think about tracker but I guess it's k.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't look at just what people are CLAIMING. Look at what they're DOING. Would anyone of us did what we did unless if we were town? With perhaps the exception of Clownbot, but he was at least telling the truth in who he targeted, correct?

I appreciate you bringing this to mind and technically we're not cleared/confirmed. But look at our actions and tell me what they indicate. I think toDay we can make a lot of progress if we consider this.

Honestly I think we have a GREAT chance at hitting scum with going with Eric OR even Vand. Especially considering looking at how Vand placed his vote on him. Vand seemed comfortable with it despite the fact that scum could have quickhammered. He seemed to have a "seeya in the morning friends" attitude. How would he know this though? Maybe he placed his vote on Eric so if Eric flips scum it would looked like he contributed to a correct lynch? So I could see a Eric/Vand team for this reason.

I'm sad McFox is most likely scum. He had me fooled. t.t no kisses for you.

Anyway I was comfortable with this before and I thought I had my vote on Eric but I didn't. So vote Mister Eric

Delvro

Smash Ace
I'll eat my own foot if Mayling flips scum.

Clownbot... ehh... is a possibility that he's simply a roleblocker, but the majority of my belief of Clownbot being scum was that I thought he lied about targeting Mayling. Knowing that was (likely) wrong, I guess it's possible.... maybe... but I really don't feel like pursuing that possibility.

I'm still pretty confident about McFox being scum.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh yeah when Vand voted Mister Eric, I was thinking "that looks like Mister Eric just voted Mister Eric." :x. I kept the seat warm for Mayling on that wagon, I suppose :x.Also Mayling, so now we're playing Mayfia... and not "Claimfia." Right? (I'm so funny.)

Delvro, I'll eat your other foot for you. (I'm predicting she's nonsense Indy, like Nexus Serial Killer).

Delvro

Smash Ace
All right, I'm going to break things down for myself.

Mayling is innocent. Clownbot is innocent. Roxy is innocent.

knowing that s2 got an innocent investigation, then there is a high, but not guaranteed, chance that he is innocent. Ignoring the possibility of messer-upper roles (which may be a bad assumption), the chance that s2 is innocent is 5/6 from any townie's point of view (9 players alive night one, subtract two mafia (these guys turn up guilty to investigation), subtract yourself because each townie knows that he is innocent). Those are horrible odds so lynching s2 is clearly a bad idea with the information we currently have (luckily we'll have night 3 to get more information if we get a mafia today)

So that leaves McFox, Vand, Mister Eric. I'm convinced that at least 2 out of these 3 are scum. If one of them actually IS town, I would say it's either Mister Eric or McFox based on the way they act toward each other.

Therefore, I vote Vand.

VOTE VAND

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm still confident that Eric is scum. I prefer not to rely on night actions and claims in order to determine the lynch. Eric has acted scummy, ergo he is scum. That's the way I think anyway.

vand is someone I've barely looked at the entire game. I'll have to reread him.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
You just wanted to ignore the night actions entirely? What are your options for scum, other than Mister Eric then? He has to have two partners. Vand is more than likely one of them. Why the focus?

I could see Delvro's argument about Mister Eric/McFox so going with Vand seems like a good choice.

unvote vote Vand

Plus we'll have more night actions/flips for tomorrow.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Because I haven't read vand at all. I'm not saying to ignore night actions completely, but they tend to confuse the issue of who has actually been scummy. True, if we use process of elimination then we're left with only a couple of people who could be scum, but that assumes that everyone is telling the truth about everything so far. And since this is mafia, that seems unlikely. I'd rather vote people based on their actions, instead of their claims.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Eric has acted scummy, ergo he is scum. That's the way I think anyway.
I felt like Hida was scummy, as well as SRB. I was wrong both times. I thought Clownbot was scummy, and I was probably wrong there, too.

So, I don't trust my gut feelings as to who is scum and instead trying to make this as analytical as possible given the game that we're in lol =P

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
vand is someone I've barely looked at the entire game. I'll have to reread him.
This reminds me of how I played as scum in Newbie 3.
I was thinking that Roxy was scum just from the vibes from his posts, but you all seem to disagree and for good reason. I felt the same with S2, but, I think I've had bad vibes from S2 every game, so I'm not going to think too hard on that.

I definitely believe that either Vand or McFox is scum. Moreso McFox bc of how he chooses to set claims and night actions aside. Which basing it off of playstyle is fine, but like I said earlier, I'm choosing a quirky playstyle each game for my own reasons, I'm trying not to alter it. So if you must strictly go off of that, then I suggest you be careful.

today has been a fun and confusing read lol. Sorry I'm not around to post much during the weekdays (and sometimes during the weekend if i go tournamenting), but im trying. I'm very tired after work and then going to the gym.

btw, would my RC help anyone?

Purple

Hi guys!
By lynching potential, I mean near the edge of dying (no longer at L-1). He's still a good lynch until proven otherwise

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eric why didn't you offer to claim when you were L-1 or after the attack by McFox, or even during your AtE post?

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
i still bit of a newb, so thats why I asked. i dont recall mayling at near lynch.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
well like i said earlier, i am gone most of the time during the week day. i wasnt around mafia when i was at L-1, plus it just hit me to ask. if it doesnt matter then leave it be. it's not an important thing anyways (what i have), but i thought it might could help.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Well Eric, your "quirky" playstyle is one thing, and we'll look over what we believe to be Eric Specific Traits, or whatever you wanna call them, but you've still done nothing to help us, really

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Well Eric, your "quirky" playstyle is one thing, and we'll look over what we believe to be Eric Specific Traits, or whatever you wanna call them, but you've still done nothing to help us, really
I know.

and I'm VT, but I prefer chocolate

Delvro

Smash Ace
I think it would be a good idea to give your character name too in case anyone is familiar with the Yu gi oh universe.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for June 16, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/8 to lynch!

Day 3 Vote Count 4:
Clownbot: (0)
Delvro: (0)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: McFox, vanderzant (
)
Roxy: (0)
Sold2: (0)
vanderzant.: Delvro, Mayling (
)
Not Voting: Clownbot, Mister Eric, Roxy, Sold2 (
)

Delvro

Smash Ace
I want to vote Mister Eric but I am really worried. Mister Eric was at L-1 with everybody except me, clownbot, and Mayling voting for him. That means that both scum hopped on Mister Eric's case when they could have jumped on mine or Clownbot's case which I was pushing very hard. In fact I can recall at least one person saying "yeah I'm suspicious of clownbot but I think I'll vote Mister Eric instead".

I think Vand or even McFox would be a safer bet. McFox's dodging of questions directed at him about Vand makes me think that they are likely on a team. Speaking of which, do you have any opinions about Vand yet? Did you finish your re-read?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was thinking Eric might be town, but you raise an interesting point Delvro. By your own accord, Mister Eric was at L-1 except me, Clownbot, and you voting for him. Our night actions tie us together in such a way that not lynching one of us toDay is a pretty safe bet.

However, what does this indicate about scum being on Eric's wagon? You say "BOTH SCUM hopped on Mister Eric's case..." and remember Vand went V/la before your presented your case on Clown (so he couldn't go to him.) Anyway, you say BOTH scum, right? So where's the THIRD ONE? It's probably that Mister Eric is the third one ALREADY being voted. See where I'm coming from? Scum couldn't quickhammer Eric b/c he's the third scum. I mentioned this earlier when there were two people on Eric's wagon ( McFox and S2.) and there was no attempt to quickhammer. Which would indicate one of the three are scum.

They're probably scared to move without looking like they're trying to save their partner. I'm assuming they saw Eric as a lost case and decided to push a lynch on him instead of trying to push for a mislynch.

Anyone of McFox, Vand, Eric I'm more than willing to lynch toDay, but most people are going towards Eric, so we might as well lynch him. I don't see him not being scum at this point.

unvote vote Mister Eric

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Also, I am Bakura Ryo.
I own a Millenum Ring or somethin lol.

btw im at work, so if u want to hear me beg and plead, you gotta wait till tonight. if not, gg scum

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Mod be effing with us. For those not familiar, Bakura is a character who is usually nice, but the Millenium Ring that he possesses houses an evil spirit that wants to kill everyone etc. or something nother. Simple version: he's the main villain, but only when the evil spirit is possessing him. I really doubt this would be a scum safeclaim, and something tells me scum have safeclaims. But it's a really scummy smelling role, and it shouldn't excuse his scummy play. bah I don't like this.

I suppose if we're looking at a "All the main villains combined!" scum team, we're looking for Bakura, Pegasus, and probably some minor villain like Bakura's bald minion dude.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 3 Ends & Twilight 3 Begins!

Deadline has been set for June 11, 2010 04:59PM EST.

Day 3 Vote Count 5:
Clownbot: (0)
Delvro: (0)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: McFox, vanderzant, Clownbot, Mayling, Roxy (
)
Roxy: (0)
Sold2: (0)
vanderzant.: Delvro (
)
Not Voting: Mister Eric, Sold2 (
)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
To answer your question, no I didn't do my reread yet. I worked last night from 10pm-7am, and slept all today. Then I work tonight 9pm-8am. Assuming we're right and Eric is scum, I'll get to it before toMorrow starts.

Top Bottom