• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
So either he's blatant scum, or a crappy townie. I just haven't managed to decide which yet.
Do you mean to say...dumb...or...scum?! :(

In general, most people who say this against Cello are scum themselves.

vote hidajiremi

Yes, that really contributed to me voting you.

@MOD, what is a vigilite?

Mod Edit: I cannot reveal the mechanics of the game until completion. This includes any and all role information.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
also, @Mod: does the flavour have anything to do with the game (or you just being Xiivis? :bee:)

Mod Edit: Any and all flavour has no connection to the mechanics of the game itself.

OP said:
This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles randomly assigned both player-wise and flavour-wise.
Note that flavour-wise all roles are assigned randomly. All flavour in this game both in character roles and Day/Night Start/End scenes can be safely ignored.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Speculation: A vigilite could be a watcher/tracker. To keep vigil means to keep watch or to stay on guard, things like that... also I've always been under the impression Marik was a baddie, but I guess not. Anyways...

What's up with the Hida votes? Both of you explain please.

@Mister Eric, what's your opinion on SRB's flip and the wagon in general. Also, last day phase you mentioned you would put your "card" (vote) on me if you could split it. Care to explain why you would have felt fine with voting me at that time.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Does everyone want me to reveal who I protected? I'm kind of hesitant and I want more people to actually show interest in it before I disclose the information.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
What harm could come from it? I really don't see how it wouldn't benefit us.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Jailed McFox because I thought he was one of the more potential NK targets. He hasn't really said too much but he's contributed when necessary and his play hasn't really been detrimental to town.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why didn't you want to give us that information?

Indepth case on Jeremy, with quotes!, coming to a Mayfia near you.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
@Mister Eric, what's your opinion on SRB's flip and the wagon in general. Also, last day phase you mentioned you would put your "card" (vote) on me if you could split it. Care to explain why you would have felt fine with voting me at that time.
I think that even though he flipped town that we should not be totally down about that because with his displayed play style he exhibited D1, that it would have just held us back with people randomly getting bad vibes from him, and scum just feeding off it. My opinion about the wagon in general, welp, I just feel that if he had dodged a lynch, as just said, he would just keep attracting random surges of attention because of his quirky choice of play. Especially quirky to the like of Mayling. Overall, I think it was a case of bad town play, he didnt even help during twilight when asked to. Which should win: Anger & Scum? or Understanding and Townies?

As for me saying "if I could split my beep, I'd beep it on both of those beepers", I followed this, with hope that you all would get I was joking, that I can't help but feel sympathetic, because Roxy seemed lonely riding your tail alone. So to put it simple, just a joke.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for June 11, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 6/10 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 1:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Clownbot: (0)
Delvro: (0)
hidajiremi: Cello_Marl, Mayling, McFox (
)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: (0)
Roxy: (0)
Sold2: (0)
vanderzant.: (0)
Not Voting: Clownbot, Delvro, hidajiremi, Mister Eric, Roxy, Sold2, vanderzant (
)

Delvro

Smash Ace
Jailed McFox because I thought he was one of the more potential NK targets. He hasn't really said too much but he's contributed when necessary and his play hasn't really been detrimental to town.
I may be asking an obvious question... but can you target yourself with your ability?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
What stops you from jailing him again?
Well there aren't any rules against it in my PM, I'm just not sure about performing my action on the same person twice in a row.

In any case, the more I talk about this stuff the harder it's going to make my decision toNight, so it'd be cool if we could move on.

I may be asking an obvious question... but can you target yourself with your ability?
No, and I've already answered this question. :|

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Oh, uhhhhhh, I don't know. Why do you keep claiming to be suspicious of me if you're not voting? You did the same yesterDay.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
And I feel it's rather convenient that I wasn't killed despite claiming a PR and you're the only one that's pointed it out so far

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I also find it weird he protected McFox when Tandora was pretty obv town to me (especially with how she chastised SRB.) Didn't multiple people talk about her towniness throughout the day? However, he chose to jail McFox under the guise that it was because he didn't talk much? Also, remember it was McFox who came and semi-defended Clownbot when it as close to lynch (the whole, why did he lie thing.) So maybe Clownbot is trying to buddy a townie that protected him D1? Or it's possible that they're scum partners, tho I was leaning that McFox was town.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Clownbot

I know it's WIFOM blablabla, but the fact that he's still alive doesn't strike right with me. It makes sense for scum to pick off people who can't defend themselves, especially if they have a power role.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
People thought Tandora was obviously town? Slipped past me. Besides, I figured scum wouldn't go after someone who was considered "obvtown" at the risk that they'd be protected by Doc/Jailer.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
People thought Tandora was obviously town? Slipped past me. Besides, I figured scum wouldn't go after someone who was considered "obvtown" at the risk that they'd be protected by Doc/Jailer.
So... is it that you didn't think she was obvtown, or is it that you thought scum would go after someone who would be jailed? :/ Cause you're saying both, but really can't it only be one?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I Jailed who I thought scum would go after and I thought scum might go after McFox for reasons I already explained.

Tandora was not obvtown to me.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Delvro, Vand, let me ask you guys something: If I was scum why would I have said yesterDay that I couldn't Jail myself when I knew I was (probably) going to be alive the next Day?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Delvro, Vand, let me ask you guys something: If I was scum why would I have said yesterDay that I couldn't Jail myself when I knew I was (probably) going to be alive the next Day?
Usually a doctor can't protect himself, so I'd guess that the same would usually holds true for Jailers. You also say that you can jail the same person on consecutive nights. So if you had said you are able to jail yourself, consecutively, that would be pretty **** broken, and an obvious lie.

It also doesn't make sense to me, for a town roleblocker type role to be able to target himself.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Jailers should never be able to protect themselves because they would then be roleblocking themselves. I was just asking you to be certain.

Honestly, I think the mafia left you alive because they thought they could lynch you instead. (with my help, I'm sure they assumed). Or maybe they were afraid of people watching/tracking/whatevering you, since you are the only person to claim and still be alive.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Can't believe I'm defending someone. Jailing McFox was an entirely acceptable target. Hitting the most experienced, or the best player overall with Jailer when you don't have obvious nKills is the best idea imo. It protects a really strong townie if they're town, and it roleblocks a good scum player if they're scum.

Really, the only thing noteworthy I see about Clownboat this day phase isn't his protect target, but rather his attack on Delvro. Posts 457-462. Delvro asks an impossible question, Clownbot responds by voting him off of the fact Delvro isn't voting him and then some WIFOM against Delvro. Too me it looks like Clown is being a little bit jumpy, maybe paranoid and it doesn't look like he has much reason to be. Just a bit odd.

Delvro, what's your opinion on Clownbot? You're confusing me.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
...So the implications you were making earlier weren't against me?

I'm so confused right now :cry:

From now on just come out and say whatever you have to say instead of being vague and making a bunch of implications.

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
...And the early push against me begins. I'm really not surprised to see Cello voting for me, since he's been acting scummy and erratic this whole time, but I'm a little surprised to see May jump on it so quickly. McFox I could go either way with. Delvro hasn't been impressing me with his towniness (is that a word?) so far, but I want to see how the debate between him and Clownbot hashes out before voting.

@ May: Why vote for me? Besides jumping on Cello's bandwagon, I mean? I'd like to hear your case against me, if nothing else.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe they were afraid of people watching/tracking/whatevering you, since you are the only person to claim and still be alive.
Hmm didn't consider this. I guess it's possible in a closed set up.

Unvote

Still not sure about hida. I want to see what Cello/Mayling/Mcfox say about him before I hop on the wagon.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Tanda wasn't really obvtown to me either. I had her flagged along with Eric and hida as suspicious for her bandwagoning onto (and then off of) Clown.

Top Bottom