• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
Geez, looks like SRB is in for a bad day. Self-voting really just annoys me to no end. It's a petty, useless way of throwing in the towel when you're on the edge of being hammered, instead of actually playing the game. And if you're just doing it for kicks, all it does is waste time and energy doing something that doesn't contribute to the game at all. Self-voting cheapens the game for everyone else. Just my noob opinion there, though.

I still think that Roxy is a more likely candidate to be scum, but Cello makes so many weird half-accusations in his posts that it really looks like muddying the waters to me. Clownbot seemed scummy to me before his role-claim, and he still does, but no one's challenged the claim at all. If we're making lists, then mine is:

Prolly Scum (in order of most likely to least):
Roxy
Cello
Clownbot

Prolly Not Scum:
everyone else
but especially me :)

Tandora

Smash Rookie
First off, what the ef is? I don't get the reference. Also, that baby's face will haunt my dreams. =/

umm what? you wanted me to OMGus you??

this is so ridiculous. I don't get it at all. I think I'm done

VOTE: SRB

good luck town
*sigh* I can only assume SRB is gonna flip town now since he hammered himself.

Matt, I love you man, but this is just childish. I have seen too many forum games where a weak player gets mad for being called scum and self hammers. It's completely counterproductive to the game since we're supposed to suspect anyone and everyone. Accusations are gonna happen and there are gonna be mislynches.

I hope you realize that you took away valuable information from town by hammering since we won't have a real hammer vote to look at. Usually the hammer vote is the strongest clue for future Days. Also, there is always the possibility (no matter how small) that the lynch wouldn't have made the majority in time.

Obviously there are scum somewhere in the mix pushing to lynch an innocent townie. We just have to figure out who it is.

I hope you mean you're done for this game and not mafia in general, bro. I like having you around and you're fun to play with. But if you're frustrated and not having fun yourself, then I understand if you mean that you're done with mafia in general.

I made this post partly out of frustration and partly to say to the other townies, don't self hammer and don't self vote. You are actively going against the interest of your faction and it doesn't help your faction for you to do this. It only helps scum. Scum can afford to play against their faction because it gains their partners cred long enough to win the game. For town, all it does it make us lose.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope you realize that you took away valuable information from town by hammering since we won't have a real hammer vote to look at. Usually the hammer vote is the strongest clue for future Days. Also, there is always the possibility (no matter how small) that the lynch wouldn't have made the majority in time.
I was going to say something like this. Self-hammering and flipping town means that that's one less scum that has to be on your bandwagon, along with losing the information that Tandora mentions in her post.

I'm not sure how much immediate information we would have gained from a hammer vote toDay, since people were goading "hammer, hammer, hammer" but after a collective amount of vote spreads, we could have seen who was on what list and see if we can make connections. however, this self-vote just means one less person that has to commit.

SRB, if you're town you should reskim and reread d1 and tell us your top three suspects so we at least have that go off of. I'm not sure how serious your "It's Cello! It's Mayling!" post is now, which you semi took it back.

I know we've generally been silly this Day, and I'm probably the last person who should chastise, but we should be a little bit better toMorrow. I don't want another Twilight.

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
I made this post partly out of frustration and partly to say to the other townies, don't self hammer and don't self vote. You are actively going against the interest of your faction and it doesn't help your faction for you to do this. It only helps scum. Scum can afford to play against their faction because it gains their partners cred long enough to win the game. For town, all it does it make us lose.
I already said something like this, but I want to throw in again on it just to make sure that people hear it. Self-voting makes the game suck for everyone.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Was that actually the hammer? I don't remember seeing that many votes.

And SRB obviously doesn't know the #1 rule of SWF mafia: no matter who it looks like is going to get lynched, someone new is chosen entirely at random within the last 48 hours that no one was expecting and ends up getting lynched. Honestly, if SRB is/ends up getting lynched toDay, I'd be surprised, since people have been pushing for him all day.

Anyway, hida and Eric are higher are my suspect list, but I'm fine with SRB's lynch. Haven't liked his plays so far (especially the self-vote, oye). Not sure about Clownbot; Delv says it's the scummiest claim possible, but no one else seems to think so (or, like me, are just unfamiliar with a jailer).

I don't remember seeing much discussion on it at the time, beyond my asking what a jailer was and Mayling replying. So I'm asking now, what do people think of Clownbot's claim. Note - I'm not trying to shift the lynch over to him now, just wondering what people think about it. It seems weird to me that Delv is so adamently against it and no one else has really weighed in on it at all.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm happy with this outcome. Still think Hida needs to be lynched. Much less inclined to believe in Clownbot's towniness, but that would have been reinforced if someone had adhered to the principle that 1 for 1 is good. You know who you are.

Also, Clownbot, target me toNight. I command it. You too. You know who You are.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think everyone should target me. With everything. That way, if there is a watcher, they know everyone that is a power role. And liars. And scum. And people that don't go along with things that I say. The last three are all the same.

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think everyone should target me. With everything. That way, if there is a watcher, they know everyone that is a power role. And liars. And scum. And people that don't go along with things that I say. The last three are all the same.
And this is exactly what I was talking about earlier. This kind of frenetic double-speak doesn't help anyone who's trying to learn anything. It only confuses the issue and runs in circles around some kind of point (maybe, kind of, sort of, we can hope). Cello is pushing for me pretty hard, and at the same time making these sort of posts that force a false "me or scum" mentality. It's sort of like inverse bandwagoning: "Jump on my bandwagon, or prove that you're bad!" instead of "Everyone on the bandwagon is good! Including me, since I'm here!" =/

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
Crap, I rambled for a bit and then didn't include my conclusion. To wit: Cello isn't acting like I would expect a good townie to act (i.e., helpful). So either he's blatant scum, or a crappy townie. I just haven't managed to decide which yet.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Ends & Twilight 1 Begins

Deadline has been set for May 31, 2010 10:00AM EST.

Day 1 Vote Count 7:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Clownbot: (0)
Delvro: (0)
hidajiremi: Clownbot (
)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: Sold2, McFox (
)
Roxy: Tandora, hidajiremi (
)
soaring-raptor-blast: Mister Eric, vanderzant, Mayling, Cello_Marl, Roxy, Delvro, soaring-raptor-blast (
)
Sold2: (0)
Tandora: (0)
vanderzant: (0)
Not Voting: (0)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Cello, for the moment, I probably won't target you unless you can present some suitable reasoning for me.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
hold up vote: SRB I was at my gramma's house :x.

What'd I miss... oh god you lynched SRB. Isn't is obvious that Mokaba is the Beloved Princess...? Not good, guys.

in all seriousness I'm happy with the lynch.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh, and for McFox. Clownboat's claim, Jailer. It doesn't really say anything about his alignment imo. If we're talking about Bandit Keith, it definitely matches up with his character. Alignment is very questionable. Should just continue as normal, really.

It's a fun role though, one of my favorites to get on AIMafia. Can't use the S2Doctor Rule when playing it though =/.

@Cello, I had an idea. I'm going to be attacking you tomorrow. You said you would chainsaw defense everyone on your townie list, which includes both me and yourself. If I attack you, you'll have to defend yourself by attacking me, and then you'll have to defend me by attacking yourself! I believe I found the flaw in your plan. I would also love to see you defend yourself from your own offense, many laughs to be had.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Normally twilight is just whatever time there is between a hammer vote and the mod updating the topic with the death scene. It hasn't been my experience that there's actually a set amount of time specifically devoted to twilight.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I think some people are taking to having a set amount of time for twilight so it's presence or absence can't be a source of mod meta.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
AIMafia is just like forum mafia, really. You get players in a chat room on AIM, someone makes a set-up and hosts. Deadline for each day phase is usually just like 1 hour or something like that.

It's really really fun, mainly because mods like to test game set-ups and stuff like that, and it's a bit less serious overall. If you want, we might start doing them again and we can invite you. I'd certainly be up for playing/modding(nobody lets me mod anymore ;_;) some games, and I'm sure we could get some of our regulars in.

Also, twilight phase is here for all the reasons above. So that twilight based roles are neither confirmed nor denied, and so the mod has time to work on a death scene. It's the worst phase ever!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I will mod the most epic AIMafia game seen this side of the Mississippi River since that one really good Masons game we had.

Mayling: "and I think it's a s2 thing to make one innocent and one guilty."
Sai: "lol that does sound tru... god if Snake played mafia, he would be s2"

heheh.. I miss AIMafia. Any requests for themes? (Omg theme'd AIMafia) Or can I just play around with some set-ups?

On topicish: twilight phase angers me.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Night 1 Begins & Twilight 1 Ends!

[collapse=Day 1 End]The young and brave Mokuba Kaiba steps forward and readies himself to fight in the shadow realm for his freedom! Dark figures surround him and he pulls out his deck, ready to duel relying on the heart of the cards!

Mokuba takes a deep breath and draws his cards. He looks at his hand and instantly a plan unfolds.

"I summon Silent Magician LV 4 in attack mode and place one spell or trap card face-down!"

Mokuba smirks as he waits for his enemies to make their move. When the enemy draws their card for their turn, Mokuba announces "Silent Magician LV 4 gains one spell counter each time you draw a card; and with the new spell counter his attack is increased to 1500!"

However the unseen enemy summons Archfiend Soldier with an attack power of 1900 in attack mode and declares an attack!

"Oh no! Mokuba's Silent Magician needs to last one more turn in order to beat that monster!"

"Ha, not so fast! I activate my trap card, Threatening Roar!" Mokuba says proudly. "This card stops the attack of my enemies for this turn!"

"Wow great play Mokuba!"

The opponent sets a spell/trap card face-down and ends the turn. Mokuba draws a card, and looks smugly at his opponent.

"I summon Breaker The Magical Warrior in attack mode! He begins with one spell counter which increases his attack to 1900 from 1600! However I remove his spell counter to active his special effect of destroying your trap card!"

"What's Mokuba doing, Breaker The Magical Warrior will lose the attack power he needs to go even with Archfiend Soldier!"

The opponent reveals the face down trap card as Sakuretsu Armour, sending it to the graveyard.

"That card would have destroyed one of Mokuba's monsters if he tried to attack! Great play Mokuba!"

"I now set two spell/trap cards face down and end my turn!"

"Mokuba's put a lot of cards on the field! He only has two cards in his hand now, he better be careful!"

Mokuba's opponent draws another card and the added spell counter increases his Silent Magician LV 4's attack to 2000! Mokuba then activates another one of his trap cards!

"I use Conscription! Pick up a card from your deck and if it is a monster it is summoned to my side of the field!"

The opponent shows the card as Sangan, and it is summoned to Mokuba's side of the field in attack mode.

"Oh no! That monster only has an attack of 1000; in addition when it is sent to the graveyard it allows the player the pull a monster from their deck!"

"But that's good for Mokuba because it's his monster now!"

"No; it doesn't matter who's controlling the monster at the time its destroyed, but whose graveyard it goes to!"

The opponent then summons another monster to the field: Gemini Elf in attack mode with a power of 1900! The opponent then plays a magic card, Mystical Space Typhoon!

"My trap card!" Mokuba yells as his face-down Negate Attack is destroyed.

The opponent then attacks Mokuba's Breaker The Magical Warrior and borrowed Sangan with his two monsters! Both are destroyed and Mokuba's life-points drop from 2000 to 800 and his opponent pulls Spirit Reaper from his deck to his hand due to the effect of Sangan and ends his turn!

Mobuka drops to the ground, gasping in pain. In the shadow realm the game becomes more than that as any effect to your life-points directly affects your own physical self. Mokuba attempts to stand back up, a hint of blood coming from his mouth.

"I'm not going down without a fight! I believe in the heart of the cards!" Mokuba exclaims as he draws a card from his deck, placing it on the field without even looking at it.

"Ah hah! Smashing Ground!" The spell card destroys his opponent's Gemini Elf!

"Silent Magician Level 4, destroy his Archfiend Soldier!" Mokuba commands and his opponent's life points drop to 1900.

Mokuba then plays a monster in face-down defense mode and activates Swords of Revealing Light, preventing his opponent from attacking for three turns!

"Yay Mokuba! At this rate his Silent Magician Level 4 will become unstoppable! But he has no cards in his hand now and has to rely solely on what he draws!"

He opponent draws another card, adding it to his own hand and increasing the attack of Mokuba's magician to 2500. The opponent places one monster and one spell/trap card face-down and ends his turn.

Mokuba then makes his own draw, and summons Mad Sword Beast to the field without even looking!

"Hah! My monster has an attack of 1400 and when it attacks a monster with a lower defense the difference is subtracted directly from your life points! I know you must have placed that Spirit Reaper you took from your deck to attempt to stall as it is not destroyed by attacks! But that's not all, I also flip summon my face-down monster; another Mad Sword Beast! Spirit Reaper only has a defense of 200 and the attacks from my Mad Sword Beasts will easily reduce your life points to 0!"

"Wow, Mokuba has this in the bag! And he didn't even need to use his Silent Magician LV 4 to do so!"

"I wouldn't be so sure, the opponent doesn't look phased. I have a bad feeling about this."

"Now I'll have my first Mad Sword Beast attack your face-down monster!"

The opponent flips the card, revealing it to be Dice Jar!

"What?!"

"Oh no!"

"Mokuba!"

Dice Jar is destroyed, and its defense of 300 causes his opponent to lose 1100 life points, putting him even with Mokuba at 800.

"Wait, isn't this good for Mokuba, he has two monsters that can both wipe out his opponents life points!"

"No, that's not the case, Dice Jar's special effect! Once revealed, both players roll a die. Whoever loses takes damage to their life points based on the roll! Now it's all come down to a game of chance!"

"You've got it Mokuba, just believe!"

Mokuba and the opponent both roll their die. The opponent rolls a three, but Mokuba rolls a four!

"That's it! That should wipe out his opponent's life points and give Mokuba the win!"

"Wait! Look!"

The opponent activates a trap card, Dice Re-Roll!

"Oh no!"

The two are forced to roll again, and this time the tables have turned as Mokuba rolls a two and his opponent rolls a six!

"Noooo!" Mokuba screams as his life-points drop to zero and he falls to the ground agonizing in pain.

The opponent then takes Mokuba and throws him deeper into the Shadow Realm, trapping him there.

"Mokubaaa!!!"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UmwiJTIiRS4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UmwiJTIiRS4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/collapse]

Soaring-Raptor-Blast, Mokuba Kaiba, Vanilla Townie has been lynched!

The deadline for Night 1 is 06.02.10 11:59AM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Begins & Night 1 Ends!

[collapse=Night 1 End]"You'll pay for what you did to our ally." Marik Ishtar announced as he stepped forward; bringing out his deck and challenging the opponents to a duel.

"I'll even allow you the pleasure of going first. I've seen your deck and this will be easy."

The opponent began by summoning Gemini Elf in attack mode.

"Hah, always depending on your high attack monsters without any special abilities."

The opponent then set two spell/trap cards face down on the field.

"This will be easier than I thought." Marik laughed as he drew his card.

"What good are your defenses when I can easily wipe them out with my Heavy Storm." Marik played the card, however his opponent played Emergency Provisions in response, destroying his own Mirror Force to increase his life points by 500.

"Increasing your Life Points will do nothing to help you; only delay the inevitable."

Marik summoned the monster Drillago in attack mode.

"What's Marik doing, that Monster only has 1600 attack points!"

"Drillago, go past his Gemini Elf and attack his life points directly!"

The attack was successful, with the opponents life points dropping down from 2,500 to 900 in a single attack.

"How did Marik do that?"

"Fools; If the only monsters on my opponents side of the field are stronger than mine, then I can attack his Life Points directly. This amateur just relies on strength alone; enough to take out Mokuba but not me!"

Marik then placed one spell/trap card face-down and activated a spell card.

"I'll play the Dark Snake Syndrome. During each standby phase of either player both of us will take damage to our life points. Luckily you'll run out long before I do."

And with that, Marik ended his turn. The opponent drew a card and Dark Snake Syndrome dropped their life points to 700 and 1800. The opponent then set a monster in face-down defense mode and attacked with Gemini Elf, destroying Drillago and sending Marik's life points to 1500. The opponent then ended his turn.

"Too afraid of my trap card to attempt an attack with two monsters? Too bad, I was wide open, you could have won!"

Marik drew his card and Dark Snake Syndrome triggered again, knocking their life points to 300 and 1100.

"Well this bores me, I could end my turn and simply allow Dark Snake Syndrome finish the job, but I'll show you how easily you deck is to destroy."

"Don't get too cocky Marik!"

"Quiet fools. First I'll activate my face-down trap card, Coffin Seller. Each time a monster card is sent to your graveyard, you'll take 300 points of damage. Now I'll simply play Card Destruction, forcing us both to send our entire hands to the graveyard and draw an equal number of cards to what we discarded. And if I know your deck well, your hand should be full of monster cards; more than enough to wipe you out!"

Sure enough, the only cards in his opponents hand were monster cards, reducing the opponent's Life Points to 0 and winning Marik the duel.

"Yes! Great job Marik!"

"Pathetic weaklings, I gave more damage to myself than my opponent did me!"

"Wait, Marik! Something's wrong!"

"You're right, my Life Points are still at 1,100 despite the duel finishing."

Suddenly another opponent from the shadow realm appeared, stepping into place for the duel, with a fresh new 2,000 Life Points.

"What is this trickery? I won the duel!"

However, before Marik knew it the field had been result and he was in another duel; although this time he began with a mere 1,100 Life Points.

"It's no matter. I'll crush all of you with the limited Life Points I have."

Marik drew his hand, however he soon realized he was in a tight spot.

Curses, what good is this Dark Snake Syndrome to me now.

Marik set the spell card face-down, in an attempt to bluff and set one monster face-down in defense mode.

"Oh no, it looks like Marik's already on the defensive!"

The opponent began by playing a spell card; Painful Choice. The opponent then searched from the deck 5 cards revealing them to Marik: Magician of Faith, Mask of Darkness, Sangan, Witch of the Black Forest, and Magical Merchant.

"Does his opponent really get all of those cards?!"

"No, Marik must select one for the opponent to add to his hand; the rest go to the graveyard."

Marik choose for the opponent to have Mask of Darkness and the rest were sent to the graveyard. Then the opponent removed two of the monsters; Magical Merchant and Sangan from the graveyard from play; allowing him to special summon Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning. The opponent then summoned Yata-Garasu to the field as well.

"Oh no, this is bad!"

"When Black Luster Solider - Envoy of the Beginning destroys one of Marik's monsters, it's able to attack again! And with 3,000 attack points a direct attack would wipe Marik out!"

The opponent attacked, and Marik's Newdoria was destroyed.

"Fool, when Newdoria is destroyed I can choose a monster to die along with it. Your Black Luster Solider - Envoy of the Beginning will be dying as well."

However the opponent didn't seem to mind this, as Yata-Garasu attacked Marik directly, lowering his Life Points to 900.

"This is bad!"

"Why? Yata-Garasu only has 200 attack points."

"No! When Yata-Garasu inflicts damage to Marik, he's unable to draw his next turn! In addition it's a spirit monster and returns to his opponents hand at the end of the turn!"

The opponent ended his turn, returning Yata-Garasu to his hand and leaving his field wide open.

Marik however seemed dissatisfied with the situation.

I only have 4 cards in my hand and Dark Snake Syndrome on the field useless to me. I only have one monster left and that's Dark Jeroid. If I summon it regularly it will be forced to use its own effect on itself, lowering its attack to 400. That's enough to stop Yata-Garasu from attacking again, but anything else could wipe me out. I'll have to stay on the defense again, but maybe this card could help me.

Marik set his Dark Jeroid down in face-down defense mode as well as another spell/trap card face down on the field, ending his turn.

The opponent drew and began by summoning Yata-Garasu again.

Yes this will work perfectly. I'm sure he's planning on special summoning another monster to attack, but when I activate my Relive Monster trap card in response to his attack, I'll be able to return Dark Jeroid to my hand and then return it onto the field in attack position, cutting the monster's attack by 800 and preventing any attack from both of his monsters!

However, things did not work as Marik expected when his opponent placed down a spell card, Nobleman of Crossout.

"What?! No!"

The card removed Marik's Dark Jeroid from play, leaving him wide open and his Relive Monster useless.

The opponent then attacked with Yata-Garasu again, lowering his life points to 700 and leaving Marik with only the cards in his hand.

Marik would be alive for 4 more turns, but the game was already over. He had nothing in his hand that could stop Yata-Garasu and without the ability to draw he was done for. Despite his own attempts to bluff, it was futile. Soon he had lost and was expelled into the Shadow Realm.

"Mariiik!"

"Nooo!"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAtMZ_G2PtI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAtMZ_G2PtI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/collapse]

Tandora, Marik Ishtar, Town Vigilite has been murdered!

Deadline has been set for June 11, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 6/10 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 0:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Clownbot: (0)
Delvro: (0)
hidajiremi: (0)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: (0)
Roxy: (0)
Sold2: (0)
vanderzant.: (0)
Not Voting: Cello_Marl, Clownbot, Delvro, hidajiremi, Mayling, McFox, Mister Eric, Roxy, Sold2, vanderzant (
)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
No clue. It might be similar to a Vigilante but it's a foreign role (at least role name) to me.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Searching Google gave me two possibilities for Vigilite; communications, and light control systems. In context of a mafia game, I'm inclined to believe it was the former. I don't think it really matters though, considering she's dead and can't talk to anyone anymore.

Anyway, vote Hida. Right down the line.

Top Bottom