• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May Day Brawl hosted by Cecil @ Next Level LAN Orlando

pacho

Smash Apprentice
6947 University Blvd. Winter Park, FL 32792
Next Level LAN and Cecil present: The May Day Brawl

REVISED Tournament Date:
Saturday May 29, 2010 (moved from May 1)

Format:
Doubles, Singles

Time:

Doubles Starts:
Noon

Singles Starts after Doubles but not earlier then 3pm

-Note For those that haven't been to a Next Level Tournament before these are an all day affair if participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be here from around 11am to around 11pm or later (depending on how many people show).

DISCLAIMER: there will be NO Refunds given without extreme emergency on the day of the tournament! This will run till at least 9pm, if you can't stay that late don't enter! Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part.

Gamer Fees:

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Prizes:

Singles

If below than 70 players:

1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 20%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5%

If above 70 players:
1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5 %
5th/6th 2.5%
5th/6th 2.5%

If there is a majority vote under 70 players to change the prize support to the > 70 bracket, we may change it to that. Otherwise the default is what it currently stands at.

Doubles

First Place team will receive 40% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 20% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 10% of doubles admission

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Next Level LAN (stock permitting)
- Bawls
- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Juices, and more)
- Arizona Ice Teas
- Monster
- Vitamin Water
- Starbucks Frapps
- Potato Chips , Nachos and Pretzels
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars)
- Cream Pies, Honey buns, Starcrunch
- THERE IS A DRINKING FOUNTAIN.

Also located near our Plaza is:

Burger King
Pollo Tropical
Dunkin Donuts
Perkins
Taco Bell
McDonald's
Orlando Alehouse
Winghouse
Crispers
Firehouse subs

6947 Univeristy Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-923-5883

NLL is located in a corporate park with the big orange "X" on the sign in front of the store. Just check where a bunch of cars are. Parking allowed in rear (lol).

Directions: http://www.nextlevellan.com/contactus.html

Coming off 417 (toll road):
Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.
Head west on University Blvd towards Full Sail University. NLL is in the corporate plaza on the right side of the street near the intersection of University Blvd and Forsyth Rd.

Coming off 408 (toll road):

Get off at the "goldenrod" exit then go north for four miles.
Turn left at University Blvd. and go pass the first traffic light then start looking for NLL on your right.

See Next Level LAN website at www.NextLevelLAN.com

*NOTE*Next Level LAN will provide some TVs and WII systems but we will need more so we can hold friendlies and make the tournament go smoothly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
another next level lan? and its two weeks before SFL's tourney so its a higher chance each region will go to the other

MAD HYPE

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
everybody please come to this

if SFL comes to this, i 110% guarantee ill come to the 5/15 tourney. Its unfair to make you guys come to us ALL the time

AND BRING HYPE

AND SETUPS

AND MORE HYPE

AND **** DENNYS

Lunatik

Smash Rookie
everybody please come to this

if SFL comes to this, i 110% guarantee ill come to the 5/15 tourney. Its unfair to make you guys come to us ALL the time

AND BRING HYPE

AND SETUPS

AND MORE HYPE

AND **** DENNYS

me too. CFL will get a car together and hit up sfl.

and i say that NLL uses MLG stage list. anyone else agree?

-gallax

Toneh

Smash Lord
they are most likely gonna change it to the 29th.

Def. comin.

Bring setups to thisssss. Last time we only had 5-6 and barely played or did MM's =[
and i say that NLL uses MLG stage list. anyone else agree?

-gallax
I duno, it would be good prac to use mlg stages but thats what they want us to do, adopt those weird stages..

You can do a vote, put no for me

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if they change to the 29th, i'll be down with that too.

gives more time for the HYPE

Noa.

Smash Master
I say we implement the starter stage list. It's really nice IMO. Now I don't have to start on BF against Diddy on the first match.

Of the added CPs, I think only Picto was good. Green Greens, Norfair, and PS2 shouldn't be added.

-!-

Smash Lord
i say that NLL uses MLG stage list. anyone else agree?

-gallax
That's great, I would need to worry less about gay stages this way. getting Castle siege and PS1 against a DDD for first stage is really nice, but Delfino would be a much better stage imo, Deff we should all Start using MLG stages and rules.

-!-

Sinfull0666

Smash Rookie
Delay this till later in the month port charlottes tourney already has alot of attention from the Ft Myers and Lee High areas. Throw it later in may and well be able to attend both therefore every1 wins.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ill be here and what do u mean theyre gonna change it to the 29th radix, isnt that like a thursday?

TRA

Smash Journeyman
If this is getting moved back, I think everybody should come to our tourney, instead. :)

We be Smashin' in Port Charlotte, yo. Check it out!

Time
Runs
Away

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Pacho I now have your tournament listed in the FL thread. I want to offer a replay recording service to you in which replays collected from the tournament(tourney sets, friendlies, money matches) will be published on SWF FL's official YT account. This material can be used to advertise your event in the future if you want to make a tourney series. GDX I think I saw you mentioning being able to record things in another thread. I'm considering developing a recording/streaming staff for state tourneys and I wonder if you'd be interested. So far I have myself and R@vyn for SFL but no one for N/CFl so far D:. Either way I hope this runs well.

Edit: Sorry about mentioning the date conflict RadiX told me you guys were pushing it back(some how I must have just missed pacho's post on page 2 lol). You may want to consider updating the OP and thread topic with the date like D-Torr suggests. I'll go fix the listing in the FL thread.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this tourney still needs hype though. its been a few months since the last next level lan

Top Bottom