• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 3, 2014] AlfaCollusion 2: The Origins (Columbus, OH)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
OSU Melee Abu step yo game up. Stop being arrogant people prince of Agrabah and ask others to host things for you. If I recall correctly, the Columbus PM/Brawl group did host Melee along with other games last year, yet Abu didn't even show up. I would even like to say twice. In my opinion if we even did Melee we wouldn't finish on time due to bottleneck and such. As I mentioned in Facebook if we really want Melee let's just start at Abu's place first at 8AM.

Also going to mention that you asked ESI to host things. We already have a plan for the semester. We can't really work around things to get venue since they mostly are taken already even before first day of classes. You can't just ask us to host something for you guys and do nothing. Now that being said, I already suggested having monthlies or bimonthlies starting next term to Brett. Only issues is we already have a tentative schedule of events we want to do already and not to mention home games of football. I suggested this because the PM scene is growing, keep up the hype, and most importantly preparations for Smash WiiU/3DS. We are not going to remove one of our events just for the sake of melee most likely. I'm only a general member, not an executive member.
Fix'd

And I'll probably be able to host *16-man locals at my place next semester. Remind me to find tables and chairs in the fall and I'll hold Smash Time II: Hanky's Revenge.

Last edited:

zyth

Smash Lord
if someone could pick me up on their way to this I would really appreciate this, I will of course pay for gas

DrunkenParakeet

Smash Rookie
if you guys will hold melee i can assure that we will bring about 4 total to enter singles and doubles in every event

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
if you guys will hold melee i can assure that we will bring about 4 total to enter singles and doubles in every event
Ok here's the deal. I am more than happy for you to come down bring Melee setups and hang out with us (and if you're over 21 have a b-day shot or 2 with me). However, with this being my first real event that I am hosting I feel like adding Melee, especially this close to the date, would be biting off a little more than I can chew. With the many people buzzing in my ear about Melee (some trolling some more serious, I'm pretty sure you are categorized in the more serious group) over the past 2 weeks I have tossed the idea around. But after seeking advice from my trusted DOA Gaming and Columbus Smash staff and spending several hours standing over a cliff where you can see the waters just barely clashing against the cliff and the wind gently blowing against me with background music of a guy with a guitar singing a seemingly inspiring song but if you listen to the lyrics they mean absolutely nothing at all, I decided not to host a Melee this time around.

HOWEVER.... I think I mentioned this on FB but if I do decide to make this a monthly I will greatly consider adding Melee into AlfaCollusion! One of my goals come Saturday is to get a much better insight on TO'ing, learning the ropes ect. And hopefully being able to do more in the future!

TL:DR- Not running Melee, might do so next time (next month maybe). Always welcome to come down bring a setup and play.

Drephen

Smash Master
If i am just entering project m singles and doubles do i need to be there for registration from 11:00-12:30? or can i show up before 1:30 and still enter?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
drephen are you going to play smash 4

tell them not to have 3 bans cuz its dumb

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
If i am just entering project m singles and doubles do i need to be there for registration from 11:00-12:30? or can i show up before 1:30 and still enter?
Thats fine.... Probably wont start PM till later due the fact that will be the bigger even of the day. Im not sure yet

drephen are you going to play smash 4

tell them not to have 3 bans cuz its dumb
HAHAHA Overswarm you make me giggle sometimes :teemo:

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
Ok here's the deal. I am more than happy for you to come down bring Melee setups and hang out with us (and if you're over 21 have a b-day shot or 2 with me). However, with this being my first real event that I am hosting I feel like adding Melee, especially this close to the date, would be biting off a little more than I can chew. With the many people buzzing in my ear about Melee (some trolling some more serious, I'm pretty sure you are categorized in the more serious group) over the past 2 weeks I have tossed the idea around. But after seeking advice from my trusted DOA Gaming and Columbus Smash staff and spending several hours standing over a cliff where you can see the waters just barely clashing against the cliff and the wind gently blowing against me with background music of a guy with a guitar singing a seemingly inspiring song but if you listen to the lyrics they mean absolutely nothing at all, I decided not to host a Melee this time around.

HOWEVER.... I think I mentioned this on FB but if I do decide to make this a monthly I will greatly consider adding Melee into AlfaCollusion! One of my goals come Saturday is to get a much better insight on TO'ing, learning the ropes ect. And hopefully being able to do more in the future!

TL:DR- Not running Melee, might do so next time (next month maybe). Always welcome to come down bring a setup and play.

If you host melee at future events, i can basically TO it if you so desire

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I realized that my one of my goals here is to win back the money I plan to pay for these tourneys.

So that means I gotta win back at least $43!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i have no idea what you are talking about

also i need to street pass with you again. you are like my highest level out of towner
If they didn't have 3 bans for their ruleset I'd attend these events with regularity! This malarky with people banning every which stage cuz they don't wanna learn nothin'. This stage is too big! This stage is too small! I demand perfectly lukewarm temperatures and stage sizes and layouts that benefit my character only! Character designs that allow for anything more than the most minor of changes depending on stage are bad!

These people would ban Kongo Jungle 64 because it was "too janky"! >:[

Also street pass is the shiz, I can't wait for Smash 4 tournaments where everyone has their 3DS :D

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
If they didn't have 3 bans for their ruleset I'd attend these events with regularity! This malarky with people banning every which stage cuz they don't wanna learn nothin'. This stage is too big! This stage is too small! I demand perfectly lukewarm temperatures and stage sizes and layouts that benefit my character only! Character designs that allow for anything more than the most minor of changes depending on stage are bad!

These people would ban Kongo Jungle 64 because it was "too janky"! >:[

Also street pass is the shiz, I can't wait for Smash 4 tournaments where everyone has their 3DS :D
As an objective an logical thinker I can partially understand what you are trying to say. However some of your logic is either lacking or require further explanation. Now i told my staff I was not going to get involved with your ranting but now I feel like I should step in and say something versus just ignoring it which I have been for awhile now. If you want we can have a PM conversation and talk about this further. In the meantime, if you do not want to attend because you do not like the ruleset that is fine and I completely understand. You can PM me and explain your concerns in a private chat and we can have a level conversation as adults/young adults. Ranting and pouting in my opinion accomplishes hardly anything IF anything at all. So I am speaking up and giving you the opportunity as to come to me, the TO, behind closed doors and have a civilized conversation.

TL:DR- PM me if you want to further talk about this like civilized adults.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
P.S.

Overswarm,

I am not mad or anything. I honestly just want to hear you out but the thread is not the best place for it.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Sadly, I'm probably going to skip out on this, for personal reasons. That and I haven't touched Brawl in like two weeks lol. I'll try again for next time.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Alright me and daddys kisses comin from teenton mi for this pm tourney. Will be there around noon. Is that too late to enter pm singles and doubles??

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Hey why doesn't the TO have a phone number we can call? This is 3 hours away from me and daddys kisses. Were entering doubles abd singles for project m

Suyon

Smash Lord
AlfaStryke is missing his white controller. Please respond back if you have his controller, seriously.

Thanks for hosting this Alfred. I hope you had a good birthday excluding the missing controller.

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Good tourney, Alfred. There were a couple of snags here and there - mostly regarding the losers quarters drama - but hey, it finished ahead of schedule with a lot of different events. Happy birthday and I hope you find your controller.

Shoutouts later.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
This tourney went well for the most part, Alfa. We'll use this experience to improve on what needs to be, and keep everything that worked. Hope you enjoyed the birthday money me and several others gave you and I'm sorry that you lost your white controller.

I personally accomplished my basic goal of winning back the money I paid for this AND more, and as I bonus, did manage to blow up the competition by keeping our surprise guest, Boss, out of the Top 3 of P:M Singles.

I just wish my right arm didn't cramp up after I did that. It's like he "cursed" me before I could finish off Hanky in the next match lol. It's never happened to me before.

Last edited:

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
Mars and I never got our 15% for placing 3rd in brawl doubles. I know it wasn't a whole lot of money, but I would at least like something back.

SoulPech

Smash Master
You might have to check w/ Alfred but

there were only 4 entrants and it was said @ the tournament that it was winner take all. 2nd place didn't get money either.

Top Bottom