• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mathos is freakin insane with lasers!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drephen

Smash Master
This topic is dedicated to mathos and his laser spamming

the guy is just too good with lasers, he is the master at laser camping, laser tricks, and even invented the double reverse laser.

at the most recent tourney Smash Aid VII, mathos got 5th place beating big names such as mike g and GA wes.

In his match against Green Mario, he shot a total of 355 lasers on coneria (you trying doing that in a high level tournament match)

too see mathos' lasers in action check out him versus HugS in the Midwest vs. West regional crew battle at FC3
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8952345713770176022&q=midwest+vs.+west

use this thread to talk about laser camping techniques and im sure the master himself will give a comment or two

Sytar

Smash Ace
Proof that lasers are so broken they should be a banned technique?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Not to discredit Mathos or anything, but in that link you gave he didn't really show any crazy techniques like you said. He just SHLed.......most falco players do.

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
What I liked was no matter how close his opponent got, he continued doing it. He's pretty crazy with it, it is kinda ridiculous.

Sytar

Smash Ace
Scud said:
Not to discredit Mathos or anything, but in that link you gave he didn't really show any crazy techniques like you said. He just SHLed.......most falco players do.
I think the point is that even a great player like HugS wasn't able to get close. He effectively made in impenetrable wall. Notice how much damage he racks up in lasers alone!

Drephen

Smash Master
McRustyJr said:
mathos gets 4 stocked by dope.
false, dope does beat mathos, but mathos out spams dope

Davidyore said:
i dont get whats so insane about it? he spams laser... anyone, even me could do that, so whats the point?
it takes insane amounts of skill to pull off laser camping against pro players. Only a few people in the country can pull it off, and mathos is the best at it!!!

Scud said:
The retreating laser technique is hard to do consistently (i always **** up and use over b), its impressive how mathos knows when do laser and when to attack.

Remember that Mathos versus HugS is a small taste of of Mathos' laser spamming

Come see him in action at MLG chicago or FC6!!!!

HxCKoski

Smash Apprentice
Sytar said:
Proof that lasers are so broken they should be a banned technique?

I laughed at that for a bit^^^

Darkwing SykeDuk said:
Laser spamming is what smart people do.

Fixed that for ya

And i just watched the vid and Mathos doesnt seem to be that great of a falco player, let alone spam lasers. He even messes up on SHL a few times

HxCKoski

Smash Apprentice
SmashMac said:
Mathos is the king of lasers. That's just the end. He's a cool dude too.

Im not sayin he isnt, just in that vid his lasers dont seem that extrodinary. Anyone get any other vids of him?

xelad1

Smash Ace
that really was amazing ive never seen lasers used so effectively, usually just as an approach technique. gives his falco an amzing defense and offense... mad props

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
No offense, but.... It didn't seem like that Samus was a pro, at all. I fear that people are saying Mathos is wicked because they've never seen Viperboy or Bombsoldier's videos.

Spamming lasers at point blank is stupid as ****.... C-Stick Down -> Lasers is much better.

For christ's sake, the Samus didn't even missile cancel once. -_-;

mathos

Smash Champion
I<3Sheik : Hugs is a pro player notice the smash power rankings. Viperboy is a part of the Midwest, we're good falco friends.

McRustyJr. : I don't get 4-stocked by Dope, although he kicks my *** he doesn't 4-stock me. You can't laser spam another Falco silly.

And to clarify that match with Hugs was during the MW vs. WC crew battle so pardon my nervousness (missed SHL). That is all for now. There might be some vids from SAVII floating around. But there shall be vids from FC6. Anyways, please do continue to talk about me. I am the supreme laser spammer.

Dopey

Smash Lord
watching that vid again makes me believe in falco again. at mlg chicago im taking lasers to a whole nother level. beyond mathos.....beyond dav3......beyond zang.......it shall be called.......BLAZERING

it will be so hot and fast like jungle love. no one is going to see this coming.

Drephen

Smash Master
Dopey said:
. beyond mathos.
impossible

I<3Sheik said:
No offense, but.... It didn't seem like that Samus was a pro, at all. I fear that people are saying Mathos is wicked because they've never seen Viperboy or Bombsoldier's videos.

Spamming lasers at point blank is stupid as ****.... C-Stick Down -> Lasers is much better.

You just said the best samus in the U.S. sucks
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLORLFORLF

no offense to Viperboy but mathos usually beats viperboy when they play and mathos usually places higher

stop watching vids noob and go to an actual tourney

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
Drephen said:
You just said the best samus in the U.S. sucks
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLORLFORLF

no offense to Viperboy but mathos usually beats viperboy when they play and mathos usually places higher

stop watching vids noob and go to an actual tourney
To me, a Samus that spams up+b and just takes attacks to the face, without missle canceling, can't be that great, I play with people that can missile cancel consistently, and can actually mix up their combos. Hugs looked like he would just get hit, and then counter-smash...

I personally am a diehard Viperboy fan, he rocks my socks. D:

If nervousness was the main problem, it's understandable. But if you were nervous, and Hugs wasn't... It makes me not fear Samus players now, if he is considered a high ranking pro. >.>;

Also, it's a personaly dislike to spam lasers at point blank, I find that I get hit in the face 9/10 times when I try to laser spam at point blank, my general rule of thumb is that if you can smash down and hit them, you shouldn't shoot another laser.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see more of your stuff, but I heavily look up to Viperboy, his reaction speed seems inhuman compared to most falcos I see.

As for the tourney comment, I was actually thinking about it, but with Brawl coming out, I kinda lost interest, and think most people will.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
I<3Shiek said:
To me, a Samus that spams up+b and just takes attacks to the face, without missle canceling, can't be that great, I play with people that can missile cancel consistently, and can actually mix up their combos. Hugs looked like he would just get hit, and then counter-smash...

I personally am a diehard Viperboy fan, he rocks my socks. D:

If nervousness was the main problem, it's understandable. But if you were nervous, and Hugs wasn't... It makes me not fear Samus players now, if he is considered a high ranking pro. >.>;

Also, it's a personaly dislike to spam lasers at point blank, I find that I get hit in the face 9/10 times when I try to laser spam at point blank, my general rule of thumb is that if you can smash down and hit them, you shouldn't shoot another laser.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see more of your stuff, but I heavily look up to Viperboy, his reaction speed seems inhuman compared to most falcos I see.

As for the tourney comment, I was actually thinking about it, but with Brawl coming out, I kinda lost interest, and think most people will.
this person is joking right :laugh:

Sytar

Smash Ace
He's the ****ing best. What part of that don't you get?

Him "spamming up+b" didn't allow that Falco to pillar him at all. Maybe...*gasp*..up+b is an effective move? He's better than you'll probably ever be. If you just looked at the nuances of the match-up, you'd see that he didn't really have any other choice. If he just charged in recklessly, the Falco would smack him with a laser and have his way. Saying that HugS sucks just makes you look like a huge freakin' newb.

BTW. He does missle cancel during this video, although not often. I would like to ask: What the hell would be the point of missle canceling against a godly laser spammer like Mathos? That's the most ******** **** I've heard. More than that, what would be the point of using missles against a FALCO WITH A REFLECTOR? Oh wait...that's right. None. He did it where appropriate. When planning your approach against a Falco, missles usually aren't top of the agenda.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure anyone posting in here could do what I just watched. dont like when falco is used like that, I only crazy spam when someones on the ledge and i dont feel like getting close. From what I saw, I think I could contend with him, dont know if i'd beat him, dont like trash talk. Maybe on brawl i'll verse him sometime.

fugito348

Smash Journeyman
I<3Shiek said:
Meh, I'll look up some stuff on Hugs, maybe I can prove myself wrong...
think about it. regional crew battle...big braggin rights. u dont put sucky players on the team wen its that big. u try playign either one of them and see what happens

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I<3Shiek said:

You try doing Missle cancels when someone is constantly SHLing you. And spamming lasers at close range isn't as stupid as it seems because it worked didn't it? That's all that matters. It worked.

Davidyor

Smash Apprentice
I<3Shiek said:
why is it better with c-stick down? we're talking about the yellow control stick, right?

spKz

Smash Ace
As most guides say, Do not enter compition level with know howing to SHL
Whats worse getting chain throwed or Shl? ..

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
Davidyor said:
why is it better with c-stick down? we're talking about the yellow control stick, right?
Yes. Think about it; at point blank range a downsmash would do more damage and get them away from you so could camp more.

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
crescentia said:
Yes. Think about it; at point blank range a downsmash would do more damage and get them away from you so could camp more.
More like it gets shielded then you get punished. Running up to someone and smashing like that is usually not really smart, especially if you mean doing it instead of the close-range lasers every time. I hope the original guy meant shffl'd dair =/

PoeJyle

Smash Apprentice
I<3Sheik: no offense to viperboy but he loses to my ganon lol, mathos would own me so bad its rediculus, im not saying viperboy isnt good but your comparing 2 completely different falcos, viperboy doesnt laser spam at all and mathos is the king of laser spam!

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
No guys, I<3Shiek is right, I should have been able to shoot missles faster than Mathos shot lasers.

I mean...missles are obviously faster at coming out and they move so much faster than Lasers.

PEOPLE WHO DON'T GO TO TOURNAMENTS NEED TO STOP ACTING LIKE THEIR OPINIONS MATTER.
Period.

Mathos :) :) :) We need to MM @ Chicago. This vid has been haunting me for a year now, let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom