• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread (Updated 01/13/2010) -- Please Submit Ratios and Summaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigman40

Smash Master
If I'm correct, every character will get a go through. Since this isn't going to be about ratios, we'll need some good input to get good information on what to watch out on, and what to do when you encounter such character. For right now, everyone should give as much input (even if you don't have alot, still contribute) so we can get some good information to place on this thread.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm going to refrain from posting up Meta Knight, Snake, and King Dedede for now.

We should get some more matchups with input from lots of players started first; we know all about the top three and we've discussed them for months. As I've stated earlier, I'll be posting the matchups threads for those three with writeups included in the first post summarizing what's been discussed for this first year of play.

Take this time to explore some of the lesser-played matchups and broaden your character horizons. :D

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: See, this is awesome.

Although I am tempted to infract because he has no food to offer.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi's need food.

To refuse giving Yoshi's food means instant-kill egg spam Yoshi **** mindgames death.

True story.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
most of us Foxs are poor college students we can barely feed ourselves or keep our blasters loaded, its why we shoot blanks all the time. although we would love some eggs

Gindler

Smash Champion
MARF! we need some marf!!!
MARF!....and snake. Marth being uber hard was confusing to me and we never really discussed snake, and the snake boards are only done with like 10 matchups in the 10 months this game has been out.....

Airborne

Smash Lord
MARF!....and snake. Marth being uber hard was confusing to me and we never really discussed snake, and the snake boards are only done with like 10 matchups in the 10 months this game has been out.....
maybe that's why they **** every character they discuss.... o.O

edit: do we have any good match up coverage on weegee as well? i didn't get 9th or 7th at my last tourny b/c of him.... T-T

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I dont really like the matchup threads tbh. Theres not enough input in there and people are just saying stuff just to up their post count it's stupid.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I need help with Snakes. ;_;

The matchup is like an execution for me.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
we really need to come to some conclusion on the match up threads right now most of the vs threads we have now are only 2 pages of ppl talking about one topic. =/

.Marik

is a social misfit
We need to start these discussions.

As I said before, I need severe help with Snake.

Can anyone... start threads over on the other Boards? To get these conversations going again?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Alright, since this seems to be a big issue, how about this?

I'll put up the Meta Knight, Snake, and King Dedede threads. You guys can start posting and post in other boards' matchup threads (please do not make individual threads on other boards--I will be watching!) and when I finish the writeups for them, I'll just edit my OP and we'll have it at that.

Sound good?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Anybody else have input? I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon before I stamp the threads up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think we should discuss the Shiri vs Chaco match up.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This is obviously a counter matchup.

I mean, seriously. What are those Chaco players thinking? WTF get blasted at 2% and go flying across the stage. Who plays a character like that?

Now, Shiri. THERE is a real character. Doesn't get grabbed, doesn't get spammed, and insta-reflects everything. I don't even know who let that kid in the game, honestly. Broke as f*ck if you ask me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm, I disagree.

Your logic makes no sense, Shiri, since we play Yoshi.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Okay, so once tomorrow heads around, I'll put up Meta Knight, Snake, King Dedede, and the Ice Climbers.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Actually can you knock out one of the more known matchups and pull in Lucario. It's in drastic need.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Alright, so...

I'll drop Meta Knight since people want Snake and King Dedede really badly as well.

Snake
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Lucario

.Marik

is a social misfit
Want me to let the Snake Boards know we're starting the matchup discussion?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well, seems like there's nothing but eagerness to start this, so I'll go ahead and put the threads up.

You guys can go ahead and notify whomever that these threads are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom