• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Discussion - Rob

Jane

Smash Hero
so much negativity in this thread lol

tin man, william, where you at?

both of you have the potential to make great, informative posts.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Match-up experienced rob + ftilt (curse you Ben!) > my olimar.

Ftilt is fast and outranges a lot of our stuff which is annoying.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

Here's our match-up summary.
But that's exactly what I'm talking about; instead of reading tips that could actually help him, this new guy is just going to go on thinking ROB is actually that hard :( It was fun for a while, but I don't want this thread to hinder anyone's progress

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I'll try contributing/commenting/+1ing/whatever you call it

But that's exactly what I'm talking about; instead of reading tips that could actually help him, this new guy is just going to go on thinking ROB is actually that hard :( It was fun for a while, but I don't want this thread to hinder anyone's progress
I'm not a new guy I just lurk hard and sometimes troll

-I just got back into brawl.

I do need some ROB help. I will try to get some new matched recorded maybe (although likely not) next week. I do have old videos from last year (before I stopped playing brawl) that I will share (oh noez old matcharz do not pozt plzz matchapps change ober time lolol ur vids ineffective loool). I feel like these videos show match-up experienced oli and ROB players (myself and my friend) shaddap and watch or don't, I don't care.

wow when i used to play and rage about rob everyone said i was supposed to win this, now i read this 8 months later of not playing and you guys agree with me. >__>

btw, best tip by p~s he told me over a year ago. if you are able to get a shield on his dsmash, if you drop your shield slightly early you get a free dsmash on him before he can do anything. same with peach and mk :)
I'm going to try to incorporate that dsmash thing in my play I have trouble with ROB's dsmash. When I DI it, it usually sometimes puts me in a bad position and stuff.

rob is not hard, its imposible

but we can space with ftilts

ftilt outprioritize the lazor
Seriously? ftilt? I know dtilt outprioritizes things (like lucas' PK thunder 2 lolol) .I'll have to try this.

Tips I have to share:
-If we get ROB in the air, **** with up-air
-If ROB gets us into the air, cover your bums
-I'm finding more uses for olimar's tilts then there ever should be

Vids that I would like to share of myself vs a ROB player (old I know. and yes I roll a lot. I'm working on it now)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj32_RKjV0o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q7MUMRw6Cc
I have a few more vids vs the same ROB player on my channel. View them if you please

Things I need to work on:
-Not being a noob
-Not rolling so much
-Usmash OOS
-Reading opponents
-Adjusting to read opponents

Take this post as serious as flying pigs are real.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
*facepalm* IGNORE GREWARD :mad:

Alright, I'll break it down a bit

1) If ROB approaches you on the ground, keep him at bay with a mix of Fsmash and Grab. The ground is your territory and if he thinks he can just waltz into your bubble then he's got another thing coming. Aerial approaches are a little more tricky, but if he's on the ground then don't sit in your shield - be passively aggressive. You want to camp ROB, so get him away from you and then go back to throwing pikmin.

2) Whistle his Fairs. Whistling also would have gotten your pikmin back to you so that Tether wouldn't have failed on your first stock.

3) Don't waste F/Bthrows at anything but kill percents unless you have a good reason (like throwing into hazards on Picto). Use your Dthrow to rack damage instead.

4) Throw more pikmin. I'm noticing that you tend to wait for him to approach and THEN hurt him, but you should be hurling pikmin as fast as you can if he's not close to you. If he's the type to wait for a lot of them and then kill them all then you may want to hold back and only latch 1 or 2 at a time, but either way you need to throw more.

5) Don't go offstage against ROB. That's not a battle you're gonna win. I can see the viability of a spike once in a blue moon, but only if it's entirely unexpected; if you're jumping around in the air above him, you're not going to land it.

6) At low percents, ALWAYS DTHROW > FAIR or DTHROW > USMASH. They're guaranteed combos until they reach about mid twenties.

I can tell you're actually a somewhat good player. You just need to camp him a little more and you'll be fine. Though I must warn you, ROBs have gotten much craftier since then @_@

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
if u pluck a pikmin on a platform when rob throw a gyro at u, u have invencibility frames for the rest of the stock

im greward

i wont post more with this account because i get no posts

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Perhaps we should just burn this thread down and start over instead of just trying to correct the trolling at the end.

Top Bottom