• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Ups

vato_break

Smash Master
VERY HARD MATCH UPS

Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
King DeDeDe
Marth
Metaknight
Snake

HARD MATCH UPS
Diddy Kong
Captain Olimar
ike
Flaco
kirby
Luigi
lucario
Lucas
Pit
Wario
wolf
Zelda

NEUTRAL MATCH UPS
DK
Charzard
Fox
Jigglypuff
Mario
Peach
Pikachu
Samus
Squirtle
Zamus

SLIGHT ADVANTAGE
Bowser
Ness
Ivysaur
Rob
link
shiek
Sonic
Yoshi

OVERKILL

C.Falcon
Gannondorf

enix167

Smash Rookie
Good start up on match ups will be beneficial for those of us having trouble.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
I dont really go to smashboards anymore but I did see you were posting it at aib. But Your things kinda sloppy and i think how eggz match ups for marios was done really well in melee, so i suggest better structuring?

vato_break

Smash Master
I dont really go to smashboards anymore but I did see you were posting it at aib. But Your things kinda sloppy and i think how eggz match ups for marios was done really well in melee, so i suggest better structuring?
OH!
alright i'll do that when im finished with it ,i still have 20+ characters to do lol.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Good tips. Marth is always a challenge. Ikes I have no problem dealing with. Sometimes Meta Knight is a pain though, will you post tips for him soon?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Mario vs. Fox is a hard match-up. It's the drill combo that gets me for the most part. You can outprioritize it with a well-timed up-tilt and U-smash. When Fox is done with his drill, he's free to do any move. Fox's up-smash can kill you around 105-110 percent. His aerial priority beats your aerials. You can combo Fox with the U-tilt combo and you can kill him at lower percents, but only if you have a good set-up, though. Dair's an all-right move to use out of the blue as a surprise attack, and if he drills, use a well-timed uair to counter. His shine can be a problem, though. If Fox does a dash attack, I suggest doing a D-smash out of shield. Other than that, prepare for a tough match-up.

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
from my brawl experiences, the hardest matchup are wolf, metaknight, snake, and mr game & watch

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
What about mario vs mario I (for some crazy reason) cant win a ditto match against another mario no matter what I do I always have to switch to falcon or dedede.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Y'know this is actually a fairly good bit of info you got there.

I'll just say Boss apparently proved that Mario goes next to even with R.O.B. since you can U-air juggle him to oblivion since he sucks at dealing with stuff below him, and that G&W is your worst matchup. Never play against G&W with Mario, just counterpick TL if that should ever happen. <<

Tenki

Smash Hero
Gannondorf-
is slow,slow,slow.
Spam fireballs.edgegaurd him for free KO's.
He has no combo ability.
fireball his side b approach.
He's kinda hard to kill other than that he should be easy.

Ike-Strong but, slow.
Has allota range on all of his attacks.
Punish his lag on the real,this is his biigest weakness capitolize on that.
His recovery can fludded or caped but,
not edgegaurded.Ikes sideb has lots of range and no afterlag so he can follow up with almost anything.
This can be avoided by getting close and shielding because when it hits something it has 2 seconds of lag?
Spam fire balls and fludd/cape recovery for the win.
To be updated........
All the horrid mispellings aside,

These are two characters I know decently, so I can address them:
- Ganondorf has combo ability. At 10%, he can Thunder-stomp> U-smash for a free 44 damage. His tech chasing game is dangerous.
- Side-B isn't usually used as an approach. As a combo starter, yes, but not so much as an approach.
- Caping his recoveries will be his death though.

- Ike has slow moves with lots of lag, but a good one won't be using them too much. Therefore, he's not as "slow" as you'd think.
- If you're going to gimp an Ike from off stage, jump in front of him. Caping him while he's charging side-B wins lol.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
My brother uses Mario, and he needs help against a a good Marth. One of Marth's approach is he WALKS forward and whenever Marth gets within range he does a F-tilt. His Mario can't approach or punish this type of approach. If he rolls behind Marth he gets dancing bladed, if he jumps into a aerial he eats a foward smash. If Mario throws projectiles, Marth's ftilt destroys them. Anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?

Matt07

Smash Master
Just a little tip against Snake.

If you cape his up smash (the missle thingy) it'll harm him instead. At least I'm pretty sure...

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
I'd really like you to do lucas his pk fire is horrible to deal with scince it can't really be reflected back at him the lag after caping it leaves open for another one =_= ,and his F-smash's startup is incredibly fast for me
by the way I really appreciate what your doin here don't think for a second this is'nt helping other mario players out

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I'd really like you to do lucas his pk fire is horrible to deal with scince it can't really be reflected back at him the lag after caping it leaves open for another one =_= ,and his F-smash's startup is incredibly fast for me
by the way I really appreciate what your doin here don't think for a second this is'nt helping other mario players out
Fireballs stop it, FLUDD goes through it, you can cape it...take your pick

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Fireballs stop it, FLUDD goes through it, you can cape it...take your pick
ussually the fire balls travel too slowly so the pk fire hit's the fireball but the explosion still hit's me, and caping it leaves me wide open since the deflected pk fire diminishes in front of his face I mean this player really spams them when he feel's im to close when I should'nt be I just can't manage an approach,I'll try fludd but that will only expand the distance I want to shorten in the first place (as a note he short hop's->pk fire so a short hope fireball wont work and a full jump only leaves me open unless the fireball hits)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Don't use a fully charged fludd if you want to stay close, anyway the cape should be enough. I don't know but it worked for me, have you ever tried reflecting with the cape backwards?

vato_break

Smash Master
try shielding,you have to be offensive agianst a lucas chase him off the stage,fireball his second jump fludd pk,recovery.

I miss the long ranged fireballs =[

Geou

Smash Apprentice
The funniest thing about the Falco typo is that he misspells it Flaco EVERY time. XD

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
try shielding,you have to be offensive agianst a lucas chase him off the stage,fireball his second jump fludd pk,recovery.

I miss the long ranged fireballs =[
hmm I'l try keeping him busy but this lucas recovers with the snake he never recover with PK unless he knows the smake wont reach, which it usually does because of his crazy second jump the only way to make him PK recover is to edge hog but then I can't get into fludd postion quick enough lol

Top Bottom