• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Tips #1 Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Here are some tips to help you guys with the Metaknight match up

1. B-air is diddy's best move for punishing MK's dash attack. It will punish him if he ends up behind or right in front of you. if you are holding a banana, throw it down or back.

2. When ever you are peanut camping, don't just mindlessly spam. Charging your popgun gives you the option of canceling it in case your opponent decides to approach with his tornado. If the MK likes to tornado your peanut camping, tilt your control stick up while charging peanuts. That, way you'll be prepared to shield and punish.

3. If the MK uses his glide, walk up to him. This will mess up his spacing and it will make it easier for you to shield grab him if he goes for the glide attack.

4. D-air is a great mix up when you're getting juggled. MKs usually wait for an airdodge and they don't expect anyone to go for the D-air. Hitting the c-stick down will allow you to fast fall while D-airing. Don't get to predictable with this though.

5. If you are using your up b off stage, never aim for the ledge. Aim for a spot that is slightly above the ledge. If someone is ledge hogging, you will land on stage. If the player is waiting for you on the stage, Diddy will grab on to the ledge.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Since when is sheik that bad of a MU for her? Sheik boards have it 55-45
Sheik has no reliable way to kill Diddy unless the player-1 is stupid and air releases. Besides, that Sheik player didn't even seem to know the match up.

Player-1

Smash Legend
WTF are you stupid? Like seriously I think my IQ drops everytime I read your post. Sheik had a great jab>grab to air realize dacus. Fsmash comes out retardedly fast and sheik can edgeguard diddy like crazy and billy definitely knows the MU if you can't see that then you're stupider than I thought

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
WTF are you stupid? Like seriously I think my IQ drops everytime I read your post. Sheik had a great jab>grab to air realize dacus. Fsmash comes out retardedly fast and sheik can edgeguard diddy like crazy and billy definitely knows the MU if you can't see that then you're stupider than I thought
I don't want to argue about it here anymore since we are getting off topic but there were plenty of times where he could have side b edge guarded you and he didn't go for them

@exdia_16, I will add more or other characters too

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to argue about it here anymore since we are getting off topic but there were plenty of times where he could have side b edge guarded you and he didn't go for them

@exdia_16, I will add more or other characters too
okay thanx brah and how do you fight an auto MK anyway?

Player-1

Smash Legend
It doesn't edgehog diddy that well either, the biggest threat of an edgehog would just be if you're recovering low and you they're on the edge and they do a quick side-b regrab to get invin frames back, but that's not as effective as TL, Link, Samus, or Lucas' tether grabs because it's not as fast and if you're experienced at that method of edgehogging then it's not that big of a threat

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It doesn't edgehog diddy that well either, the biggest threat of an edgehog would just be if you're recovering low and you they're on the edge and they do a quick side-b regrab to get invin frames back, but that's not as effective as TL, Link, Samus, or Lucas' tether grabs because it's not as fast and if you're experienced at that method of edgehogging then it's not that big of a threat
You're nuts. Sheik has one of the best tethers in the game. She can jump, side b and make it so that you won't hit her on your way up. she doesn't risk getting stage spiked like most other characters

Player-1

Smash Legend
I never said she didn't, but hitting her one the way up isn't hard at all, and actually she does risk getting stage spiked on stages like lylat and PS1

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I never said she didn't, but hitting her one the way up isn't hard at all, and actually she does risk getting stage spiked on stages like lylat and PS1
this won't work if she jumps before she does her side b.

T-block

B2B TST
Why do you guys have an inability to stay on topic everywhere?

Keep this about MK, specifically discussing the tips Jebus provided in the OP, or I'll close this as well.

Count

Smash Champion
Lol dfear just trolls but he's harmless and cute and doesn't afraid of anything.

The reason Jebus is good is because he thinks out of the box and tries new things. Sure, he might say goofy things sometimes but he gets results.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
P1, while I find it funny sometimes, you really, really need to lay off of Jebus, especially when he actually makes an effort do anything other than troll. Stop. Derailing. Threads. The flaming it's helping your case either.

Jebus, you needlessly flamebaited with the Sheik comment. If you two have some pissy fit you need to work out, keep it to PMs.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
P1, while I find it funny sometimes, you really, really need to lay off of Jebus, especially when he actually makes an effort do anything other than troll. Stop. Derailing. Threads. The flaming it's helping your case either.

Jebus, you needlessly flamebaited with the Sheik comment. If you two have some pissy fit you need to work out, keep it to PMs.
The thing is that you guys don't do anything about Player-1. He does this **** all the time and no one does anything about it. Just look at the stupid post he made right after you had just finished posting your post

Player-1

Smash Legend
Wow really dude? Coming into our boards and trying to flame and spam and just start all types of crap? So not cool, I mean really who does that? I mean you can at least TRY to read and search around the boards better before you make a stupid post. You see, this ithe MK MU Tips thread, we already have an MK MU discussion thread. You see how the two are different? I suggest you try to browse around instead of coming into our very productive boards with all of your pessimism instead of just clicking the first thread with MK in it and just assume stuff. I leave it at that, sir.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
Wow really dude? Coming into our boards and trying to flame and spam and just start all types of crap? So not cool, I mean really who does that? I mean you can at least TRY to read and search around the boards better before you make a stupid post. You see, this ithe MK MU Tips thread, we already have an MK MU discussion thread. You see how the two are different? I suggest you try to browse around instead of coming into our very productive boards with all of your pessimism instead of just clicking the first thread with MK in it and just assume stuff. I leave it at that, sir.
I really didnt think what I posted was truly this big of a deal but okay.
I just came here looking for tips and saw you attacking the poster for what seemed to be no reason at all.
2.Im a Diddy/Wario main. Why I'm here for Diddy tips.
3.Because you attacking the poster is productive.. I smell crap.
4.Just shut up.
There you have it, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom