• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Discussion: Snake ~

Almo

Smash Ace
lol don't feed me false information haha i want to start being active on these boards :p

but if that's not true then i'm pretty sure the timing is different each time, or at least it seems that way. :/

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I thought it was closer to a minute. Like 55-56 seconds....

maybe my memory is just failing me

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
its around 30 seconds or slightly less If I remember it has a random timer between like 25 something and 30

grimAuxiliatrix

Smash Cadet
i've played fatal once. he's scary looking. tipper fsmashed his mk and he glared at me so intensely that i wet my pants dropped my controller and resigned. it was a friendly

edit: this is totally on topic. snake players are intimidating by character.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
really? maybe you just suck because you can't outspace a tilt that is a vital part in this match up

Almo

Smash Ace
Checked on the C4 thing earlier, it's 27 seconds. I only tested this once, i have absolutely no clue if it varies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Checked on the C4 thing earlier, it's 27 seconds. I only tested this once, i have absolutely no clue if it varies.
it doesn't, it's actually 27.5 seconds IIRC though(not as if it really matters). it's KINDA relevant, I have actually had some success with leading people back to it around detonation time but it's dependent on your opponent

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Just putting this in here:

Summary
-Alright first of all im just gonna say this matchup is definatly slightly our favour, +1 or 55:45 whatever you wanna call or refer to it. Its pretty even and it can go both ways.
-Ive had a ton of experiance from Europes best Snake Calzorz and from that im probably the best marth in Europe at the matchup, although Leon and Mr.R are slightly better players than me, I probably surprass them in this matchup.
~Anaky

Matchup
-What you wanna do is just Zone Snake all day pretty much, keep him in tipper range at all times, his Utilt beats our Fair but its not advisable for a Snake to use Utilt to prevent that, his slow mobility will make it pretty easy for us to zone him.
-Full hop Fair is definatly the best approach, mix up your landings if you miss him, if you hit him follow up with another fair or sideb etc, depending what percent hes on. When you get him off stage KEEP him out there and dont let him back on, you can re-act to all his options if he tries to land on the edge or just on stage.
-Snakes will usually always goes high in this matchup and fall from the top as this is their best option. So just follow him and try keep him in the air, watch his air dodges and also try to tipper the arieal so you dont trade hits with his nades if he chooses to get out a nade.
-His only viable option is dash attack id say, hel use this alot in the matchup so you wanna be ready for it. When Snake is at the side its means hes gonna Dash Attack or DACUS pretty soon, when he does it punish him with a fair or anything u feel comfortable with, then get him off stage.
-Against his Nair we can Counter and Upb it, when i vs Calzorz he never uses Nair to recover on the stage unless he knows im not gonna punish, so if any Snake uses Nair when they are coming from the edge id say Counter it, or u can also Fair or something, but the hitboxes change so fast when hes doing Nair so id go for Counter.
~Anaky

Stages
-Alright about stages, our best counterpicks for Snake in my opinion would have to be Battlefield followed by Lylat, simply because the platforms really benefit us and they are just an obsticle for Snake.
-On Battlefield it rly hard for Snake to land on the base of the stage, when he lands on platforms just punish with Uair and reset the situation.
-On lylat its not as bad but IMO platform cancelling gives us another option, so if you know how to do that its pretty useful. Ohh and also when Snake C4 recovers next to the edge and then techs underneath, hes pretty much dead unlike on SV and BF he can recover.
-Brinstar would also be another option LMAO simply because Snake is sooooo BAD there.
~Anaky

Shats

Smash Rookie
I've played against one pretty decent snake a few times (Mikey, a friend of SourDoe from NC, for any of you who may know him), and based on what I've seen from tournament players, it seems like patience is a pretty important in this MU. Tell me if you guys disagree, because I'll be the first to say that I'm not pro, or even close.

It seems like Marth just has to be patient, and wait around for an opening, and proceed to utterly abuse momentum. The projectile web is complex, but if you get used to getting around them, it's not hard to remain relatively untouched by them, and eventually get in for a DB, or a quick fair, and pursue the snake until he haults whatever momentum you've gained and wait around again for the same thing. Snake really can't get close when he chooses, he's too easy to space out when he's trying to rush down, and projectiles are relatively avoidable.

Be patient, and make him play your game. Also an important matchup to practice, IMO. A lot to gain from familiarity against snake.

Shats

Smash Rookie
Also, does anyone else feel like Snake is getting surpassed by a few characters? Diddy, and Marth, specifically? Even good Olimars/Marios have some really strong options against Snake.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
Olimar ***** Snake first of all lol. Some Snakes say Oli is worse than MK in the MU lol.

Anyways, Dair out of cypher is pretty sexy I hear.

Top Bottom