• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massing a Force For Oncoming Onslaught: The New Pit Doubles Discussion

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
true. it's just that i have experiance with the team as well and it works really well. i mean ya i may be overhyping it a bit but that's because it's my favorite team when i do doubles. my fav partners for pit in order are kirby, MK, luigi, marth, peach, snake and G&W. i've already listed why i think kirby pit rocks, we all know about mk and peach thanks to esca, luigi is a great partner from my experiance as well as marth, and well snake and G&W are snake and G&W. nuff said on those 2. so ya i overhype but it's because it honestly is my favorite team.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh i forgot to say lucario on that list. good call esca. he is right next luigi on my list.

and ya, i know it seems weird but snake and pit works really well. snake going aggro with pit support just does so much damage so fast and since pit shouldn't be getting hit and snake should be living until snake percents plus dat kill power, it just dominates hardcore. hell even if they both just camp it's a pain for the opponent to do anything because as long as pit is behind snake he can just keep jumping and shooting arrows down over snake and snake can hold the line with nades and tilts.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
oh i forgot to say lucario on that list. good call esca. he is right next luigi on my list.

and ya, i know it seems weird but snake and pit works really well. snake going aggro with pit support just does so much damage so fast and since pit shouldn't be getting hit and snake should be living until snake percents plus dat kill power, it just dominates hardcore. hell even if they both just camp it's a pain for the opponent to do anything because as long as pit is behind snake he can just keep jumping and shooting arrows down over snake and snake can hold the line with nades and tilts.
Lol you don't have to telll koolaid. He use to team with Fatal and win dubz and good shee~ like that. Snake+pit is an awesome team imo. Lucario+pit is good as well. I still have yet to test peach+pit. Ill have to get kyon to play some with me sometime. Also, wario pit is amazing.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
**** it. im bringing this thread back to life since AP is curious about doubles and i feel we should focus on doubles with pit as well as single since he excells so much in doubles. besides, iirc there could be some good info in here.

also kuro, are you still down to team for apex?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Why um, thanks for making it return. Never knew bout the thread since I left prior D:

I'm still with Peach/Pit (reference to who gets it), but don't mind trying a Pit/Pit, a Pit/ZSS, or another I forget as long as I get the right player.
There will be another mid tier dubs tourney on AIB Sunday, and I want to be prepared this time with a partner of choice. As for the team names, I'll think bout it.

EDIT: I forgot bout what the format of the discussion is, and I'll still be thinking of some fun team names, as to me, it's part of the fun.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
**** it. im bringing this thread back to life since AP is curious about doubles and i feel we should focus on doubles with pit as well as single since he excells so much in doubles. besides, iirc there could be some good info in here.

also kuro, are you still down to team for apex?
Ya other guys partner who asked right b4 me finally confirmed. So ur the only offer i have left.

Double pit is soooooo good <3

I literally had people who would go from facing someones dubz mk and then facing me and my partners dubz pit and they said they hated dubz pit more :laugh:

Double mk ****s on the team.

Single mk doesn't hurt it that bad at all.

mk wario can be pretty hard for it.

pit wario = godly

I also started liking to cp teams as d3 pit on rare occasions.

But i'd be going snake and/or wario in teams.

My wario is becoming a doubles god. I guess that's what happens when u only use someone in doubles :laugh: u see the character differently XD

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that's actually great because i recently seconded DDD so between you and me we can now go

:pit: :pit:

:pit: :snake:

:pit: :dedede:

:snake: :dedede:

:wario: :dedede:

:wario: :pit:

and i don't remember if you said you can use MK or not but if you can then we have that option too

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's heart-breaking, the MK part D:

I just need to think of some possible teams besides the Peach/Pit, Pit/ZSS, and Pit/Pit teams. The harder part is finding a good-enough player willing to team, and can work with me and such. That's usually the hard part for making teams, to me that is.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so fools, we should do what we started on this, everyone vote for a following character that you think we should discuss. we will rank then each character discussed on a tier list of how well they do with pit when the discussion is over.

all right, which character first?

:rosalina:
:lucario:
:wario:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Peach/Pit first! <3

Err, and I mean that both as a team and a couple/pairing. Don't judge me, and I'm not a fool D:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
bucket when both your opponents are offstage or no where near you. CP stages like PS1 that give obstacles so you can have time to bucket there. That's really the only gimmick that team would have.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I had some success teaming with a Wario last tournament.

Arrow combos are really legit with how versatile Wario is since he's comfortable being zoned above and below his opponent.

So for example, if you and your teammate are split by an opponent, you can shoot arrows while he waits underneath since the angle won't hit him and he's free to DJ follow up. If you are both on the same side, he can wait above for a FF aerial follow up since arrows won't hit at that angle anymore.

I'm a baddie at doubles, but Pit seemed to make things much easier for me

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol so i found out something i didn't know about b4. Even though it should be obvious xD...

If your on a team with kirby(or a kirby steals your powers in 1v1) the kirby can loop while in it's down-b state. Which the only way to really hit that is grab it(or break the % barrier). Which as we all know...with looping...leads to a free set-up :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Only if you have good synergy. It's one of those teams that kinda require both players to be good at doubles not 2 one on ones.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Earth has been pretty successful in doubles teaming with his girlfriend fuwa - a Marth player. I haven't actually looked their videos up [because I personally don't care about doubles] but I know they are there and you will probably find something learn / steal / copy. Intuitively, I would say that a Pit player with great arrow accuracy works well with small characters [MK, Olimar, Diddy] and characters with good aerial mobility [Marth, Wario, GW]. Snake *could* work because of his crouch and Falco *could* work because of projectile walls ... and as mentioned before Pit likely works as anubis partner for Lucario too ... and of course he can heal Lucas / Ness [who appear to be characters mainly suited for doubles]. If Pit is underappreciated in singles [in the USA] then I am sure that he is much more so in doubles. I wish america had a world-class Pit though ... there'd be so much to be learned =/

:059:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
anyways on topic pit olimar is a great team. olimar's ground control with 5 stocks kicks *** and arrows give him the most devastating combos. plus dair saves his ***. discuss

Top Bottom