• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 9: KevinM is Attending - Framingham, MA - May 10, 2008 - SSBM+SSBB

If there's time after brawl+melee singles, what type of doubles would you want?

• Melee Doubles

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Brawl Doubles

Votes: 68 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brox

Smash Rookie
I should be able to make it to this one seeing as my finals end early this year. Im going to need a ride from the commuter rail again. Hope to get some great matches in!

Cort

Apple Head
Anyone that thinks that people exaggerate about camping in Brawl has absolutely no idea how to play the game/probably approaches with moves/has never played anyone good

And I'm 100% sure of this.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Anyone that thinks that people exaggerate about camping in Brawl has absolutely no idea how to play the game/probably approaches with moves/has never played anyone good

QFT. It's really bad, almost to the point of a problem.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman

Is that a challenge?

and how am i supposed to play the game? top tiers only? lol or sit there and spam nuetral b...

I know that there is a lot of camping in brawl...but almost everyone i play hate camping bull**** and refuse to camp and play chars. that are camp heavy....

Cort

Apple Head
What are you talking about?

Play to win and blah blah blah. Understand the shielding mechanics in Brawl are -broken- considering theres virtually 0 shield stun

And therefore characters with projectiles or broken tactics out of shield are ridiculously good and never need to approach

They'll always be dishing out more damage than they're receiving as long as you camp, because it's simple and easy

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
brawl doubles? that's ridiculous.

I'm not going to go to this if that's the case.

LOGICALLY they'll just flat out take forever based on the nature of the game. There will be less Wii's than total setups (total setups = wii + gc), so that's a limitation in itself.

It just doesn't make sense.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about?

Play to win and blah blah blah. Understand the shielding mechanics in Brawl are -broken- considering theres virtually 0 shield stun

And therefore characters with projectiles or broken tactics out of shield are ridiculously good and never need to approach

They'll always be dishing out more damage than they're receiving as long as you camp, because it's simple and easy
Meh, i guess your right....

lol, just ban camping hahaha

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
i throw da pikmin they hit you in head then I set up tent and wait for dem to come back dat is the camping. also i play my whistle

brawl doubles? that's ridiculous.

I'm not going to go to this if that's the case.

LOGICALLY they'll just flat out take forever based on the nature of the game. There will be less Wii's than total setups (total setups = wii + gc), so that's a limitation in itself.

It just doesn't make sense.
How does it not make sense?

Spife

Smash Master
Wii's are the limiting factor because; # of GC's + Wii's > Wii's (Or, # of Melee setups > # of Brawl set ups), and if Brawl singles takes a while than brawl doubles would take even longer (in theory based on double the stock count).
*twitch* I miss math D:
@ The Mana Lord: Hi, I post on teh Gamefaqs as MOGO POGO (yay 7th grade name).

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
and if Brawl singles takes a while than brawl doubles would take even longer (in theory based on double the stock count).
*twitch* I miss math D:
Except that's ignoring other obvious factors that come into play in teams.

- The doubling of damage dealt (because Teams has double the number of players of Singles), will match up with the doubling of stock.
- The fact that combos are actually possible in Teams by doing team combos, when they barely exist in Singles, increases damage dealt even further.
- The fact that camping, another thing that slows Brawl Singles down, is muuuuuuch harder to manage in Teams, with Team Attack on, at least.

And this is all from a guy who voted Melee doubles.

And I forgot to address it earlier, but

Brawl doubles all the way, it takes a lot more skill than Melee for sure.
you're stupid.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Brawl doubles : Brawl singles is less than Melee doubles : Melee singles in terms of time.

Anyways, Brawl Cat is Brawl.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dazwa is commonly eaten in Ukraine. That's where Albert Einstein, Socrates, and HAL 9000 were born.

Elen

Smash Lord
Yeah, yeah. Eventually Gonzo :p Someone should PM me some standard brawl ruleset or something ^.^

Top Bottom