• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 9: KevinM is Attending - Framingham, MA - May 10, 2008 - SSBM+SSBB

If there's time after brawl+melee singles, what type of doubles would you want?

• Melee Doubles

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Brawl Doubles

Votes: 68 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Brawl doubles all the way, it takes a lot more skill than Melee for sure. Besides, footstool for the save :)

Banks

Smash Hero
I can't wait to piss everyone off as I play the game they love like the biggest homo who doesn't do much of anything and still seems to never die or get hit

I AM LEGEND

at this game

Banks

Smash Hero
next you should learn how to camp with everyone, it will help your game tremendously i hear or so i hear, i heard

btw guys i main and only play as kirby-with-Yoshi-hat, so basically if you don't play yoshi and let me suck you, we're gonna have to have a 3rd player play as yoshi and kill themselves. sorry guys those r the rules. if you don't want to let me suck dat ****, then you my friend are a homo

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh crap, an actual real tourney near where I live? That's a first. There's a good chance that I'll be able to go since I should be done with exams by then.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I haven't been looking very hard. I know that they've had a lot but I've just missed them.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
There are also tournaments at the play'n'trade at Walpole, which isn't too far from this.

Edit - but Mass Madness is better.

K-dêps

Smash Cadet
Would a no name like me be accepted in this?
Either way I gotta go to this :p

Are the Brawl rules up yet. They arent in the first post

nuro

Smash Lord
Looks like Brawl's making a comeback. Elen if your smart you will!

make more than one account and vote as many times as u like but thats only if you want to do something not cool and possibly get your account banned.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I asked 2-3 of my friends to vote for melee, and THEY ALL VOTED BRAWL *tear*

Honestly guys, I doubt there's going to be time for doubles in the end. There's going to be a lot of new people showing up because of brawl, and probably the normal ammount of setups I'm guessing (Less even because there's a lot less Wii's among us). We can probably organize some sort of crew battle on the spot, or something else that's more likely to end in time *shrug*

Anyways, make sure to BRING SETUPS, and LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR BRINGING. We need copies of brawl and melee this time, as well as wiis and cubes, so step it up.

Edit: Mario Kart is amazing.
wait... I just thought of something...if there's going to be melee and brawl singles... Mass Madness is always strapped for setups anyways, and having to have both Wiis and GCs is going to create a problem. Add to that the massive number of new people showing up because of Brawl (probably) and you get... Mass Madness 7 (aka cluster**** madness 7)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
That's why melee doubles would be MUCH better, they're faster and they could use all possible setups as opposed to only wii's for brawl.

Eat that brawl you suck.

Elen

Smash Lord
wait... I just thought of something...if there's going to be melee and brawl singles... Mass Madness is always strapped for setups anyways, and having to have both Wiis and GCs is going to create a problem. Add to that the massive number of new people showing up because of Brawl (probably) and you get... Mass Madness 7 (aka cluster**** madness 7)
Pretty much my thinking right now.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
LOL then why not just do Brawl Singles/Doubles?

It's not like if you don't have a Melee event every copy of it will simultaneously explode.
Taking Brawl out and putting Melee in = no lost set-ups.

Brawl matches are inherently longer anyways, which would make the schedule harder to follow and probably mean no TVs open for friendlies.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
A Brawl only tournament would use the same number of setups as the brawl tournament we would run now, since the limiting factor is Wiis, not TVs.

And not having a melee event would make every copy ever explode. Just thought I'd point that out.

JRAFF

Smash Cadet
Oh I just realized I'll be done with school by this time. That makes it more likely that I'll be there.

Probably just for Brawl though... the extent of my Melee knowledge is the one week I borrowed it from a friend earlier this year.

nuro

Smash Lord
You didn't think Mass stood for Massachusetts did you? :laugh:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Taking Brawl out and putting Melee in = no lost set-ups.

Brawl matches are inherently longer anyways, which would make the schedule harder to follow and probably mean no TVs open for friendlies.
yeah but that's assuming all the setups are going to be wiis... some already said they will bring GC's... besides at this point not a lot of people are willing to take their wii places and set up the dang sensor bar and stuff.
And that's not accounting for the actual game discs themselves.

waffu

Smash Cadet
yeah, brawl setups are a hassle but I think a lot of people want to try out doubles since it's a new game, with a lot of potential

shanus

Smash Hero
dammit I <3 mass madness but I have a final exam on the 10th in the afternoon :-(

Top Bottom