• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 8: This! is! SLEEPY K! Framingham, MA. March 8 - 9, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skler

Smash Master
Or 40 people to pay $1. Shouldn't be hard seeing as this tourny tends to attract like, 70 people each time.

SETUPSSSSSSSSSS!

Elen

Smash Lord
Darc I watched that video at 2 in the morning. I'll be regretting it for the rest of my life. Anyways, something important was just brought up by good friend Skraa/Skler.

Please bring setups!!!

We had 8 setups last time and 74 freaking entrants. If we get more setups, we can do something interesting (like actually have friendly TV's >.>) Step it up people!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
That's a really really dumb idea. No offense to TML or anything but maybe if it was like Azen or something.
you eat balls!!! but really no hard feelings i understand why but jesus christ we're all people right thats absurd to say its a dumb idea. i understand why in the context of the community for a VIDEO GAME but peoples common generosity comes into affect more than standing in a game community imo :confused:

But yeah, people are generous enough to give me some money, MDZ already offered a good amount, if anyone else could help out it'd be greatly appreciated.

krazykirby

Smash Apprentice
I'll MM you if you go, and basically let you take my money if you want. (Not that I won't try -_-) Or I could just pony up some cash on the off chance I win.

Also, I could probably bring a cube and game, but not a TV. Not unless I find a little one within a week.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
you eat balls!!! but really no hard feelings i understand why but jesus christ we're all people right thats absurd to say its a dumb idea. i understand why in the context of the community for a VIDEO GAME but peoples common generosity comes into affect more than standing in a game community imo :confused:

But yeah, people are generous enough to give me some money, MDZ already offered a good amount, if anyone else could help out it'd be greatly appreciated.
lol sorry. I guess it is voluntary. and I do hope to see you there one way or another...gamefaqz 4 lyf

Maybe I was reminded of bombsoldier's planet ticket being included in oc3 tix $$

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Omg Sleepy, the guy who killed Mufasa (we all hated Mufasa), Bluemage, Zorro, AND KevinM are going to this?! I need that time machine, pronto!

Spife

Smash Master
I should be able to go, which means atleast one tv and one cube and one copy of melee, but well I'll have an 1 hour and 21 minute drive and I think I can leave at 5...You guys should totally hold registration for me >.>
If i can get friends to go you can get my set up on time as well as theirs (more cubes more smash more tv's) but I'll see what I can do.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yes yess, im bringing a set up, but the tv im bringing... err, the colored wire input things IDK THE NAME, uhm, they're really weird, so if someone jumps around near the tv or somethin, it might go black, and you'll have to wiggle the wires ;( not-cool.

edit: ooh btw, singles before doubles again? orrrrrr?

Elen

Smash Lord
Doubles is first this time.

I'll try to help you out TML ^^

krazykirby

Smash Apprentice
6 Degrees of KevinM. Sound like a fun game to anyone?

Why?

Because he's ****ing awesome.

I bet we can get almost every tourny goer within 4.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
tournament sounds good ... dont know if i can make it yet though

if i do ill play as ***** characters the whole time

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
SO guys, i still have to play next saturday, but Dave has said that he may be able to bring me late. So who knows maybe i'm able to go *shrugs*

I'm praying i can

ThreeX

Smash Lord
SO guys, i still have to play next saturday, but Dave has said that he may be able to bring me late. So who knows maybe i'm able to go *shrugs*

I'm praying i can
EH YO B, MATTDOTLAME + ME SAID THAT.... you better be there :]

krazykirby

Smash Apprentice
Attention Dave. We have to play friendlies at this. Then you can laugh at how bad I am.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
KevinM will make it, of that I am sure. Why? Because, Dillan loaned me his time machine, and I can now attend the event! I'll pass it off to Kevin so the two of us can go back to Game Over and then we will attend this event too.

It seriously looks like I will be able to make it now. Due to the whacky flight times in Dayton, I'll be flying back on Friday and arriving Saturday morning (LOL) so I should be able to make it after all! Are Dave and Emmy going again? If so, we should figure out a carpool so that only one of us has to drive. It would sure save gas money. Krazykirby, we will now be able to have our Pichu teams ditto too, assuming my flight dosen't get delayed and Hayato can make it. I also think we RI'ers may need housing, since this event ends so late and I wouldn't feel safe driving after 24 hours of no sleep.

I had a couple of questions for the tournament host, if you don't mind my asking. Will it be possible to set up a few additional tv's for brawl, since quite a few players attending own a copy and it would be very nice to have multiple stations to play? Also, since brawl is released that morning, what time did you plan on closing up the store? Lastly, and I know this is an obscure question, but do you know if its possible to buy a copy from you and cancel my reservation and get my money back at my local gaming store? I figure I would rather buy a copy from your store, since you guys have done such a good job with the event last time and let us play brawl for such a cheap price.

Oh, and Hayato, did you want to team again?

krazykirby

Smash Apprentice
Pichu dittos yay! Hopefully Questor and I won't have to face you and Hayato in teams again though. That was not good for us LOL.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
lol i might go ... ill only play doubles then im dipping and thrownin down 5 str8 2 the DOME

MM's???????? if so ill be there early for these ... no more matt.zeb mm's ... the last one we had was gay and there werent any people there to talk trash or n e thing ... it losts its touch ;(

_milktea

Smash Lord
I can't wait until this tournament...

Me bringing camera, I expect to get like 30 pictures of EVERYONE, everyone everyone everyone. Etc. Love? Love!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Are Dave and Emmy going again? If so, we should figure out a carpool so that only one of us has to drive. It would sure save gas money. Krazykirby, we will now be able to have our Pichu teams ditto too, assuming my flight dosen't get delayed and Hayato can make it. I also think we RI'ers may need housing, since this event ends so late and I wouldn't feel safe driving after 24 hours of no sleep.
I am going. However, I'm driving back after I get my copy of Brawl, since I still have to work on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom