• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect (King Maker) - Glorious Way to End the Day. Mafia Wins!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

I regret the leeway I gave Jdietz.

Other than that, not much. If anything, this pretty much just taught me that I don't like Kingmaker setups. I don't like having so little control over how a lynch is going to go. Having to convince one person what to do, or what specifically not to do, while trying to shout down everyone else's opinion just feels futile.

Gheb, I've never felt closer to you than I did this game.

GG scum.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't worry, I see it. I have special eyes for this sort of thing, and love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw

(My only other regrets in this game were not finding a chance to use the other two Shepard videos I had in stock. I used the rage one when discrediting Soup, but never got to use the other two)

If I was ever "right" about something enough to brag I would have used the above vid.

And if I was ever lynched I would have posted this in twilight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSRYecKaqc

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't think I'll be doing another Kingmaker. Being King sucked majorly. D1 was more of a pain than anything. Making the decision in the end was the worst part of it. You want to pursue your own reads, but you don't want to go against the majority at the same time.

I went inactive a little bit around D2, but considering D1 had 1000 posts, I think most of us were burnt out. I agree with Omni that there just wasn't enough activity to find the alignments of people who weren't pushing things, which is something I look at a lot.

I did fine in terms of finding fuel to base my claims...too bad they were aimed in the wrong direction lol.

Still, well played scum.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Jerkus - Great play. Enjoyed your analytics very much so. You were on point on your prediction of Hando/Mastermind and it took me into late D2 to start seeing the validity in it. I really wish you and I could have gone back and forth more, but I think you were busy most of D2.
I do think the momentum I lost on D2 was a big strike against us, which sucks. J tried to hang on to it when he noticed I was gone, but I never really got back into the swing of things on Day 2. Things could have gone differently if I had been able to give this game the attention it deserved.

Good play as well. I had a solid town read on you once Day 2 got going and I can't very well fault you for the shot you took. Wish I had pursued my MM/Hando idea earlier, but Soup just gave me more to examine.

Shame we won't playing again any time soon. Hopefully J and I will actually get to hydra properly in the future too. :urg:

BSP

Smash Legend
bsp was so good this game
Maybe at showing I was town, but...

completely off on the scum team
pursued town for most of the game
let D1 drag on way too ****ing long
executed the Doc D1, knowing good and well we didn't really gain much from the flip

meh

Oh, other thing

@Jerkus - told you don't doubt the 3 man lol
and thanks to everyone who vouched for me to get in this

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Jerkus - told you don't doubt the 3 man lol
Yeah, I actually started doubting myself about that after D3 ended. I said as much in my QT with J:

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/FFiRBrC7VyPS

There it is if anyone wants to read it. It's a lot of me talking to myself with J chiming in once in a while.

The main reason I was so certain we must have 2 scum was because I ****ing knew Mastermind was scum. And since he hadn't shot yet....

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Goodness, we were right on our scum-team Circus. We just gave Ditzy too much leeway for being...ditzy.

We need to hydra when I have more time but no regrets about our play.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Too Ditzy for my own good:

Best Circus/J QT phrases:

"If any combination of Mastermind, Hando and Kary/Ran win this game as scum by coasting, I'm goin' gorillas."

"The third scum is still likely to be Ran, I think. If it's Bdull or Jdietz, I will be sad."

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Goodness, we were right on our scum-team Circus. We just gave Ditzy too much leeway for being...ditzy.

We need to hydra when I have more time but no regrets about our play.
Yeah. If we'd had one more real Day to work with, I think we could have turned this game around.

Marshy/Nabe, I'm sorry for clashing with you so hard on D1. I'm really not even sure how that happened. I wasn't trying to antagonize you.

Rake, I'm sorry for calling you a moron. You're not a moron. I get why you thought our slot was scummy. I was just so close to Hando and RykEEr I could ****ing taste them and having to deal with suspicion just wasn't flying with me anymore.

Soup, I'm sorry I let my paranoia of you dominate so much of my scumhunting. Not only was it a waste of a lot of my time, but I'm sure it was a large part of you not enjoying this game.

EE/Hando/Ryker, I'm sorry I didn't try to hardbody your ***** sooner.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@: Omni: Not gonna do that, but long story short, I'm more mad at what you posted in the social thread than here.

So all in all I played a back seat this game.

Rake played most of the game, thank god I was hydra'd with him or I would have lost interest during the D1 turbo posting. Borderline time travels, *shivers*

Glad I got the Hando read, thought things were off with Jerkus, Mastermind never came off as scum right away, later I started thinking about it more, mostly because the more lurky nature looked like a way to explain themselves being alive, but it wasn't good substance wise because it could have been real activity problems.

When I hydra with Rake again, hope I won't just fall behind like I did.

edit: Surprised people wanted to kill us in the QT? Were we, more so Rake, a problem?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah. I tossed the idea around since you and Jerkus were seeming the most brownie townie D1 but EE talked me down from the notion for a better lynch.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
its cool jerkus i dont think either of us thought you were being antagonizing. i remember you saying something like "its weird how were on the opposite sides of [some issue i forget]" and was going to tell nabe to not comment on it cuz i didnt want to play into you (preferring to just stick with the lynch) but he did before i could get online and it snowballed from there with things like j asking you to get into a bigger argument with us heh

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
also gogdammit rule number one was actually twice as accurate this game.
wtf.

I knew ryker being alive was shady.

I now have to eat my hat on JD, i was blind but now i see lol.

It's odd because d1 i thought jd was off when he came in, but then i re-read it and went: that looks like townJD, i never got to that full town read and now i understand why my gut was so hesitant to lol.

This game is also proof that Kary makes everyone think he is scum d1

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think it's pretty fair to say that none of the townies played a good game. The few of us who actually understood how to not make themselves look like blatant scumbags [aka Bear, Ran and me] were all pretty off with their scumreads so I don't think anybody has the right to blame others for playing poorly. Let's just accept that we all still have a lot to learn and get it over with - take this game as a learning experience and DON'T blame others for your own poor play. Even if only one of us had played a decent game we wouldn't have gotten ***** like that.

The mafia didn't have a lot of work to I guess but the fact that Dietz was one of the more helpful players in this game should tell you a lot about how poorly we did. And just to make this clear: I'm really not salty at all, we straight up deserve this loss and need to step it up.

More comments in my next post.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb - I'm not sure to what to say about your play without being mean. But I do think you need a lot of work. You know Marshy. You know me. You know our styles and basing our styles and turning into a scumread was poor. It should have been clear as daylight that scum was not on the Dabuz wagon (hence the strength of the Dabuz wagon). I expected more out of you.
No, it was ******** and so was your play.

You refused to hunt scum all of Day 1, floundered badly Day 2 when it came down to make a decision, failed to actively push your own reads, failed to make yourself look town [and don't act like it was just me who got it that way - half of town wanted you dead as early as D2] and above all showed extremely poor sportmanship on many levels. Mobbing dabuz who had done nothing wrong is really low, getting yourself modkilled and costing town a whole Day phase is really low too and it sure is low as **** when you turn around endgame to point fingers at others. Your play was atrocious and your first thought should be about what *you* could've done better because there's a whole lot that could've been.

You were exactly the liability that dabuz never had the chance to become.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I think it's pretty fair to say that none of the townies played a good game. The few of us who actually understood how to not make themselves look like blatant scumbags [aka Bear, Ran and me] were all pretty off with their scumreads so I don't think anybody has the right to blame others for playing poorly. Let's just accept that we all still have a lot to learn and get it over with - take this game as a learning experience and DON'T blame others for your own poor play. Even if only one of us had played a decent game we wouldn't have gotten ***** like that.

The mafia didn't have a lot of work to I guess but the fact that Dietz was one of the more helpful players in this game should tell you a lot about how poorly we did. And just to make this clear: I'm really not salty at all, we straight up deserve this loss and need to step it up.

More comments in my next post.

true.

doesn't help when i manage to be right about town if i can't hunt all teh scum lol

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
marshy this game was ruined when you died n1

hydra with me sometime

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
No, it was ******** and so was your play.

You refused to hunt scum all of Day 1, floundered badly Day 2 when it came down to make a decision, failed to actively push your own reads, failed to make yourself look town [and don't act like it was just me who got it that way - half of town wanted you dead as early as D2] and above all showed extremely poor sportmanship on many levels. Mobbing dabuz who had done nothing wrong is really low, getting yourself modkilled and costing town a whole Day phase is really low too and it sure is low as **** when you turn around endgame to point fingers at others. Your play was atrocious and your first thought should be about what *you* could've done better because there's a whole lot that could've been.

You were exactly the liability that dabuz never had the chance to become.

- Refused to scum hunt D1? No, EE was correct in that I already had a scum team in mind by the end of D1.
- Floundered badly D2 to make a decision? That's because all of my scumreads (accurate) were only own; literally everyone else had a way off scumreads. And inactivity was nearing an all-time low from the rest of the cast.
- Failed to actively push my own reads? This again. SOUP WAS NOT A SCUM READ. And it was THIS factor that you CONTINUED to push blindly. Jesus beans, dude.

Frankly, Gheb, you played right into scums hands. You were their perfect asset because you are close minded and do not understand the difference between meta and scumreads. You sat on your thumb, created a "Omni/Marshy/Kary/Soup" scum team (the four people who voted Dabuz) and never abandoned your post. I already understand that my impatience costs a Day; I acknowledge that, but there's no need for me to improve since I won't be continuing my series here. You, on the other hand, will so I'm telling you right now that you were pretty balls this game. Is what it is, bro.

i thought he was fine and felt like me/omni/kary had a synergy going while gheb/jerkus/jdietz did on the opposite side with everyone else at varying points between
god, i wanted the omni/kary/marshy D2 team to take over so badly. but then u left me.. and then kary left me... and all i had left... was a Gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
dabuz (4) - Omni, No Hetero, soup, Kary
I'm going to let this paragon of failure speak for itself. I hope nobody is surprised that I use words like "tools" or "slaves" in situations like that!

Other shoutouts:

soup - sorry bro, I really thought you were scum. I started to question it too late. I thought your case on dabuz was bull [well, it was! :bee:], and the way you 180'd @Kary / Dietz was weird as hell. Maybe you're just having a rough time IRL right now? You definitely looked less composed than you did in your stronger performances. You look more like the scatterbrained, all-over-the-place soup that you once were, when you were looking for improvement. Take it as a learning experience though!

Bear - No hard feelings to both of you. You were playing decently, I just never quite got where your read on Jerkus was coming from. Turned out it was wrong anyway, but we all have our moments where we are off. Next time you might wanna keep in mind that other options are always worth thinking about, you seemed rather deadset and stubborn about it. Not that anybody else's reads were that much better lol

BSP - you weren't doing bad, actually. But you'd benefit a lot from being less timid. I think over time it will make people suspicious if you keep playing like that. I also think you're good enough to make your input worth noticing by now for sure. Hope you'll stick around.

Jerkus - a hydra of my ol' comrade Circus and my mafia pupil J. Shouldn't have been surprised that our reads match even though they were all off ;_;

No Hetero - Try trying next time

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, you had a randomly correct read on townsoup, you're so amazing and I suck because I had a correct non-scum read on dabuz go fap in front of your mirror, master of mafia!

Omni

BRoomer
No, you suck for believing that the entire scum team was on the Dabuz wagon D1.

#HBC | ѕoup

i was really angry at this game actually and i would consider this one of my stronger performances actually. never before have i put so much amount into this game and actually came out with a correct scumlist and nearly town-read every town. there were bumps and bruises but i did what needed to be done

just to get shot

Omni

BRoomer
You only improved after the fire had already been lit, Soup. Your D1 early play was super scummy.

By the end of D1 and beginning of D2, however, you flipped it 180. Keep that play consistent.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Deathbear is 1000% more likely to drag D2 into an affair the length of D1 or longer with the outside chance of town actually figuring things out during that time period
lol no. if you want the truth my plan was to shoot hando bar none if i got the execute

#HBC | ѕoup

me said:
I feel like the same position I was in yesterday. I want another flip and this discussion feels trivial as I've got my wheels turning again. I know there are some things I still need to respond to but they have become a tiring and long argument, full of me tripping on my own words and repeating myself over and over again. I am going to bow out for this sake and focus on the stronger direction of discussing who is getting the bullet today.

Reciting my previous post, I really cannot stand Bardull this game. I feel some of this is a perception of how he is playing this game, but really the line between what is truly scummy and what is disdain feels fine to me. I legitimately feel Bardull ignoring me, not pushing me yet putting me up as his strongest scumread, is a load of bull****. Along with his commitment. His interaction with me doesn't make feel better about him and I find myself shaking my head at the fact some people are reading him on town. Mix that in with early interaction too and you've just got a mesh of uncanny feelings and pretenses.

I don't like Kary. I have already boiled down to such reasoning and there is no need to repeat myself. I want to give Ranmaru a chance however. I'm confident on reading him.

JD is such a bittersweet thing for me. His effort is there and he's responding unlike I would think he would, but that's implying he didn't realize his mistakes before as scum and his stepped his game up. I would like to believe that all that JD has done is concrete enough for a town-read, but the back of my head says there's something more to him. I feel there's an obvious connection between him and Kary, and a main reason why I feel like Kary is the right shot is because of this. I've already stated multiple times (and once already in this phase) why I feel this way and my feelings simply haven't changed. I'm only revising them as my content has become sparse.

I literally don't know what Hando is doing this game. I feel even from observation and past experiences, that something is wrong with him. There's no conviction in what he says, there's nothing solid and everything goes every which way. With what stances he has, he doesn't even push them. I'm not going to imply that Hando is a master of mafia, but every town has some incentive to do something. There is a huge lack of incentive regarding him.

Jerkus is just a feeling. I don't like them based on how they're treating me. This isn't confirmation bias rather than tilting my head and just feeling something off. Bear did a good job of reciting a lot but I believe I've covered what I don't like about him either this game. I wouldn't shoot him today.

Mastermind is such an enigma. I don't even want to bother my read on them because frankly I would rather care what they give me in the end, and along with Kary, they have connections.
Only misread Bardull. I'm putting this game down as a win in my eyes.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

What do y'all think of DBear bringing up that bit about leaving Mastermind alive being odd for scum? I'm seeing so much lackluster, contrived "scumhunting" from this slot that it's getting really hard to ignore. At the same time the tone of that post felt like Rake, and I believe this kind of jankyass bull**** is pure nullRake, yeah?

loooool

You have no idea how much i scrutinized over ryker's posts after he was still alive after N1

Top Bottom