• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect (King Maker) - Glorious Way to End the Day. Mafia Wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There's a difference, Omni.

I played poorly and I realize it. I admit that my reads were bad. The thing I did right was to look townie.
You played a horrifyingly bad, absolutely dreadful game and try to make it look like what you did made any sense when it didn't.

You, sir, have ego-problems.

:059:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Lol, EE: I think you may have the "JD and Jerkus are scumbuddies" fake connection silver bullet.

Rake is just remembering that I'm known (jokingly) for being of opposite alignments and sparring with J,
basless meta proves to be right again.

good grief.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Omni did fine if not really good that modkill was tugging at my heartstrings but overall I liked Omni's play this game

yes gheb are you

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Soup
would mafia nightkill someone with the right reads, but who they can mislynch?
no
why would you be able to get mislynched?
because SOME people think you're scummy
so how do you avoid a night kill?
be good enough to decide how you're read

#HBC | ѕoup

all i did was defend myself as a position of a townie and yes some AtE came with it but seriously nobody wanted to listen to me and all i did was try to get read correctly but i balanced with pursuing my own reads im not saying i didn't flip the handle on some things but that's implying that being angry wasn't warranted

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
There's a difference, Omni.

I played poorly and I realize it. I admit that my reads were bad. The thing I did right was to look townie.
You played a horrifyingly bad, absolutely dreadful game and try to make it look like what you did made any sense when it didn't.

You, sir, have ego-problems.

I don't have ego problems. Lol. The only person that I think played bad this game as town was you. There you go OMGUS'ing me. ;) Auto-scum right der. But fa'serious, bro, if you still do not understand the importance of the Dabuz lynch and were not able to deduce at least one scumread from it then there's not for us to talk about. I explained its importance, said, "He is great flip for scumreads", and then made an entire town/scum list that was 95% accurate (had Bardull as scum; everyone else in their proper scum/town places). I was also chosen to be a Kingmaker for a reason. It's not a coincidence that I was chosen Kingmaker AND had the entire game read mid-D2. I know my ****, bruh. You keep saying that I/Marshy/Kary was playing bad/awful/godisucked, but you were never a night target for scum. THINK about that.

Omni

BRoomer
Thanks Soup.

Again, I think your downfall was your early D1 play. Basically, early/mid D1 Soup was COMPLETELY different from late D1, D2 Soup. Like... you literally went from being one of my (publically announced) slight scum leads to an auto-never shoot. Lol. Keep that style of play consistent throughout the entire game! :3

#HBC | ѕoup

i try really hard to be passive and do things on my own time and town gets impatient and before you know it i have to lay out all my cards and start getting like that

i dont always get that angry though

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Results don't lie, Omni. If you actually were right about everything as you claim, you couldn't have done everything as awfully wrong as you did. You have an ego-problem if you claim to have done everything right at the end of a game where everything you did was wrong.
And if I were the only one who played poorly then this game would not have ended like this. No, all of town played poorly. Except I am able to admit my failures and you try to make your failures look like they weren't failures at all. Such as, still justifying your completely unfair push to get dabuz lynched for no reason. That was terrible play, end of story.

#HBC | ѕoup

dabuz was a fine lynch and letting him go on any further would only cause more problem then what it was worth

also marshy did fine this game too the only thing town did bad was inactivity and lack of communication

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Omni: push the mislynch of the Doc all of Day 1 without hunting scum, let half the game get scum vibes on you during Day 2, shoot a townie on Day 2 too [on whom you had a town read] despite having "good reads", waste another Day phase by getting modkilled, then claim to have played a good game. After being involved in every townie's death that happened during a Day phase.

Good play, indeed.

Omni

BRoomer
Results don't lie, Omni. If you actually were right about everything as you claim, you couldn't have done everything as awfully wrong as you did. You have an ego-problem if you claim to have done everything right at the end of a game where everything you did was wrong.
And if I were the only one who played poorly then this game would not have ended like this. No, all of town played poorly. Except I am able to admit my failures and you try to make your failures look like they weren't failures at all. Such as, still justifying your completely unfair push to get dabuz lynched for no reason. That was terrible play, end of story.

I didn't say I did everything right. Classic Gheb rewording.
You're suggesting that I did everything wrong. Classic Gheb dramatization.
I said you played the most poor out of the town game; I already said town lost us the game as a whole. Classic Gheb rewording.

It's whatever, bro'. I think you played bad; you think I played bad. I was King, a strong scum nightkill choice, and pegged the entire cast. You were an asset to scum and essentially didn't catch a whiff of correct scum not even once. You sat on 4 people since early D1 and literally never budged. I think you don't take criticism very well and you're too stubborn for your own good.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not salty. My points are valid and legit and the results of this game prove it.

#HBC | ѕoup

People like you should not be allowed to sign up for games.

you're implying a mislynch that benefits information was bad look at that dabuz wagon and tell me that it wasn't a good boon for the town to be given direction

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, I know I played bad and I did. You don't know you played disgustingly bad but you did. That's what I'm saying. Classic Omni rewording :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
you're implying a mislynch that benefits information was bad look at that dabuz wagon and tell me that it wasn't a good boon for the town to be given direction
None of that happened. Omni was clearly mobbing him, No Hetero was clearly mobbing him and you are a slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave slave and a tool as well.

#HBC | ѕoup

i wear shackles around my ankles and work in the mines all day for no pay

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry to hear that :(

I bet your employer is a black guy from Maryland and a former Brawl MK pro!

#HBC | ѕoup

gheb im trying really hard to be formal and you just want to turn everything into some huge argument

Omni

BRoomer
Nah. I'm done on my end. Gheb is like the genius prodigy child that spawned from an Overswasm 1,000 word cherrypicking post and a 3 page non-interrupted Cello string. You can't reason with that kind of intelligence.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I want you to learn from your mistakes because I care about your doing well for what it's worth. You're only getting worth if you turn away and ignore it. Which is what you do when you say you were "actually a winner". Don't be a fool like that.

Edit: this is @soup. Don't care about Omni.

#HBC | ѕoup

i had correct scumreads, i did my hardest to not get lynched and i was very active in the game

unless there is some missing piece to this i dont get what i did wrong here besides some of my anger issues

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
i had correct scumreads, i did my hardest to not get lynched and i was very active in the game

unless there is some missing piece to this i dont get what i did wrong here besides some of my anger issues
Your read were all over the place. If you have 6 or more scumreads over the course of the game, then chances are that some of them are correct. How are we supposed to know now which were your "actual" scumreads though? You have also pushed at least Kary and dabuz at some point and you have not convinced anybody that those reads could be spot-on. That's a huge part in a mafia game.

#HBC | ѕoup

um gheb i townread ranmaru right when he replaced in

bardull was the only player i was wrong on

i even gave jerkus benefit of the doubt and holy **** did you look at what i quoted

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
um gheb i townread ranmaru right when he replaced in

bardull was the only player i was wrong on

i even gave jerkus benefit of the doubt and holy **** did you look at what i quoted
Everybody was right about Ran though.

And I read your quoted post, doesn't mean your reads weren't all over the place. Honestly, I think you should just accept my opinion the way it is, give it some time and then at a later point start to think about whether you can find some truth in it or not. I'm sure you will sooner or later.

Btw I'm always open for criticism if you have something to say that's more constructive than Omni's self-adulation.

Omni

BRoomer
Btw I'm always open for criticism if you have something to say that's more constructive than Omni's self-adulation.
There was no self-adulation in my criticism for you.

Gheb - I'm not sure to what to say about your play without being mean. But I do think you need a lot of work. You know Marshy. You know me. You know our styles and basing our styles and turning into a scumread was poor. It should have been clear as daylight that scum was not on the Dabuz wagon (hence the strength of the Dabuz wagon). I expected more out of you.
I'll try once more, but you don't ever like what I have to tell you:

1.) You should not twist null-tells into scumreads. Marshy was playing classic Marshy. Omni was playing classic Omni. Hando was playing classic Hando. You took the nulltells, however, and put a scumtwist to it. We can't kill Hando every game just because he lurks every game (well we could) because it is a trait of Hando that has become a straight null.

2.) You tunneled Dabuz' wagon too hard. I don't think you were looking at the broad scope. What scum team would openly place all their members on a spearhead lynch 5 pages into the game with little outside validation? You didn't say, "Someone on Dabuz' lynch was scum." You said EVERYONE on Dabuz' lynch was scum. Even AFTER he flipped town. You were too enthralled in the entire "lynching Dabuz sucks" to be able to see the bigger picture (scum who knew Dabuz was town and were going to whiteknight or fencesit). You don't select an entire wagon as a scum team on D1.

3.) You weren't really investigative. Again, you played in a way where you simply disliked the choice of the Dabuz wagon and focused the rest of the game of punishing the players who were on it. You didn't back up or look at the bigger picture.

4.) No reason for you to be fine with Hando being alive. Never a reason to be fine with those kind of players being alive at all.

There isn't really much from that. You toss around ad hominems and insults and jabs and you seem to be like a very angry, insulting person to be around. That's your style, I guess, but I think it took alot away from your game. Again, you weren't a scum kill choice. You didn't get a single scum read correct in this game. I do think my explanations above explain why that happened, but because you react so poorly your instant response is to start attacking the person who is making the criticism as opposed to actually addressing the critique itself.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Where have I insulted people? And idk why people keep thinking I'm angry / salty about things. I'm just not a hypocrite who sugercoats everything and I speak my mind the way it is. But I'm usually very calm. It's true that tunneled too hard on the dabuz wagon but don't tell me that 4 townies tunneling the town doc for no reason [and don't even try to justifiy the wagon as legit IT WASN'T] is something that you'd consider normal? Especially with *no* scumbag being on it whatsoever? There was no info to be gained other than that those 4 people are being ******** and that dabuz wasn't scum. Aka a worthless wagon. Aka misleading aka scummy aka not a null tell.

Never was fine with Hando alive, just thought some plays were better. Oh well, I think a prod time limit of 48 hours max would've been the best solution there.

Omni

BRoomer
Where have I insulted people? And idk why people keep thinking I'm angry / salty about things. I'm just not a hypocrite who sugercoats everything and I speak my mind the way it is. But I'm usually very calm. It's true that tunneled too hard on the dabuz wagon but don't tell me that 4 townies tunneling the town doc for no reason [and don't even try to justifiy the wagon as legit IT WASN'T] is something that you'd consider normal? Especially with *no* scumbag being on it whatsoever? There was no info to be gained other than that those 4 people are being ******** and that dabuz wasn't scum. Aka a worthless wagon. Aka misleading aka scummy aka not a null tell.

Never was fine with Hando alive, just thought some plays were better. Oh well, I think a prod time limit of 48 hours max would've been the best solution there.

I strictly remembering you calling a player a ****** early into the game. Review your game, but you were insulting people left and right. You did not appear very calm at all.

So do you think my town/scum reads on D2 just popped out of thin air? I didn't make it up. All of it was deduced STRICTLY from Dabuz' flip after I did a re-read and got some remaining stances from the rest of the cast (all regarding Dabuz' flip). I'm trying to HELP you by explaining to you why Dabuz' lynch WAS a good lynch but you REFUSE to think there was anything to gain from it. Like... literally outright denying any substance that could be derived from his flip. I can't help you to understand what was offered from the Dabuz lynch if you're STILL stuck on the idea that the Dabuz' flip was meritless. You're not looking at the bigger picture even after the game is over.

Also, you did say during D2 that you were okay with Hando living.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I strictly remembering you calling a player a ****** early into the game. Review your game, but you were insulting people left and right. You did not appear very calm at all.
That was when I said that one could squeeze six different types of ******** out of Bardull's posts.

Also, you did say during D2 that you were okay with Hando living.
I also said that I was OK with him dead, just that other people should've been killed before that. I don't think my read on Hando was the issue with my play though.

And yeah, I refuse to look at the upsides of the dabuz wagon because of where we ended up after it. It was mobbing, end of story.

Omni

BRoomer
That was when I said that one could squeeze six different types of ******** out of Bardull's posts.
also

Why are Omni / NH not acceptable lynches. You say I need to read up but you don't know **** about what's going on this game because you think tunneling dabuz / kary / dietz like a ****** somehow justifies the fact that your behavior towards them - especially Kary - has been abundantly scummy. Die already

and

Yes, let's make the guy who refused to actually hunt scum yesterDay and prefered to get the Doc lynched the guy who's in charge of toDay's lynch. What ****** is responsible for this nonsense?

Glad marshy is dead, soup / Kary are going toDay.

And yeah, I refuse to look at the upsides of the dabuz wagon because of where we ended up after it. It was mobbing, end of story.
end of story
This is why I can't help you. I literally just told you Dabuz' lynch is what helped me to get an almost 100% read on this game after 1 day and you're too focused on the END result (Dabuz flipping town and doc) as opposed to the bigger picture. I just explained how I was able to get my town/scumreads from the flip and you just straight up ignored that point, lol. So... do what you do, man. But you're definitely not being open-minded at all on the issue.

You're essentially proving my point that you refuse to see a bigger picture.

Omni

BRoomer
It's not as simple as A, B, C votes for X.
X flips town.
A, B, or C (or all the above) is scum. It's never that simple, but you literally picked 4 out of the 4 people on the Dabuz wagon to be scum and to be scum together.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Siding with Omni on this, though I'm still not a fan of using a liability lynch to start it rather than who looks scum like right now.

Top Bottom