• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect (King Maker) - Glorious Way to End the Day. Mafia Wins!

Mastermind

RykEEr
No but really though. Work with me, Jerkus.

Assume I'm town. What scumteams do you have then? Because right now I'm legitimately afraid of you possibly getting King'd by process of elimination alone and capping my *** on a later Day, losing the game.

Jerkus

Smash Apprentice
No but really though. Work with me, Jerkus.

Assume I'm town. What scumteams do you have then? Because right now I'm legitimately afraid of you possibly getting King'd by process of elimination alone and capping my *** on a later Day, losing the game.
Why should I assume you're town if I don't think you're town?

Jdietz is town. BSP is town. Death Bear is (aggravating and) town. Bardull is probably town.

That leaves you, Hando, and Ran's slot which I still need to read, admittedly. I just haven't gotten to that yet because the blood hasn't drained from the backs of eyes yet. If you aren't scum, then Hando and Kary played the coastiest, wishy-washiest scum game I've ever seen.

The fact that you legitimately put me up as a lynch option because of this recent spat does nothing to make me feel better about you. You know me. You know I can get worked up. You know that there's nothing out of line in my play.

You/Hando as a scumteam is bolstered by the fact that you were foaming at the mouth for his head on D1, back when he was essentially in no danger of being lynched, but he's now suddenly second on your list of would-shoots now that you're in control. Because apparently Jdeitz just flew past him in terms of scuminess for no reason that I can figure.

Mastermind

RykEEr
What? Did you not see the post where I put Ditz over Hando?

Can you cite the reason I posted for it?

Why in the WORLD do you have him as a town read?

Mastermind

RykEEr
I wasn't aware I'm not entitled to pressure you. Particularly when I have the gun... in possible mylo.

But for the sake of argument, there have been a few things I haven't like about your play all throughout the game. I just backburnered them at Ryker's request (and also due to lower hanging scummy fruit, which is still the case).

Because apparently Jdeitz just flew past him in terms of scuminess for no reason that I can figure.
Really? No reason that you can figure?

Come the crap on, now you're just spinning... blatantly. Ryker and I reread the game and talked about it at length. There's a whole post about it. It was in all the papers.

You're also conveniently ignoring the fact that part of what had me on Hando was misinformation from Ryker, who misread the utter hell out of a post he made. Unless you're going to say you think that whole thing was staged. This is one of the things that bugged the **** out of me, by the way. I thought I offered up a pretty reasonable explanation for the whole debacle, and you never said another peep about it. I assumed that was sufficient. But then you brought it back up the next Day, after dabuz had already died. Such a long delay for a payoff.

With that said I wouldn't have expected you to pursue town from two avenues at once (Soup and Mastermind) as scum, so I'm less bothered by all that.

Jerkus

Smash Apprentice
What? Did you not see the post where I put Ditz over Hando?

Can you cite the reason I posted for it?

Why in the WORLD do you have him as a town read?
I see nothing scummy about Jdietz. The post you're talking about, in which you rank Jdietz above Hando in terms of scumminess, is not convincing to me at all. Your main beef with him seems to be that he has been on Kary's *** the whole game. Why is that a bad thing? The points he has been making against Kary look legitimate to me. That is certainly no reason to rank him above Hando, who even you('re slot) have pointed out multiple times has contributed nothing to the game. And he basically hopped on whatever suspicion other people had already expressed. On Day 2, he started condemning Soup once Soup started looking like a likely lynch option, after having basically offered nothing on him prior to that.

Some of your susipicion of Jdietz also happens to be predicated on the idea that he and Hando are buddies. It sounds like you still think Hando is scum no matter what, and you want Jdietz to be one of the first slots we look at if Hando flips scum at some point.

Frankly, from where I'm sitting, it doesn't make any sense for you to be aiming at anyone other than Hando right now. Based on what your slot has expressed in thread, regardless of Ryker misreading one post, you seem to want his head. He must be part of just about any scumteam you can conceive of, especially if you think a 3-man is more likely than a 2-man.

So I expect you to shoot Hando toDay if you're town. If you twist yourself in a knot to shoot someone else, then I think you're scum. Scum who fought me on the 2-man/3-man argument because I'm right about it, and you want to be clear, but I'm throwing a wrench into that.

I will eat my ****ing hat if Hando isn't scum. MM is Hando's most likely mate.

Jerkus

Smash Apprentice
Also, on a catch-up read, my town read on Bardull is being bolstered significantly. Absolutely town, imo.

Jerkus

Smash Apprentice
Strong town reads (in no particular order):

BSP
Bardull
Death Bear
Jdietz

Ran can be town. Ran/MM doesn't make sense. Ran/Hando is a possibility, but not more likely than Hando/MM. Hando is scum no matter what.

I realize other people have Jdietz, Brodull and myself as possible scummies, but that is foolish. Hando is definitely scum. MM is almost definitely scum with him. MM will figure out a way to shoot someone other than Hando toDay and should be executed toMorrow for it. I will certainly be dead before D4, one way or another, so it's okay if someone like Death Bear gets the gun. Just don't give it to MM or Hando (I don't think MM could get it two Days in a row, but just in case).

Circus out.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Why One of Jerkus or Hando should go today

That said, I think bardull vs Kary is TvT. I don't think either are scum, but I'd say bardull is scummier of the two. Kary is being his normal nonchalant self and I can see where he's coming from.

vote: jerkus
Speak now or forever jerk in peace.

:phone:
Way too early to call a TvT

Bardull- it's just more of a precedent thing. It could happen in the future, slowly, but surely more drastic. That's what scum does. I'd generally accept the quote as is, but now I feel like I have to be more careful. It isn't a huge FoS on you. But now I find it interesting that you are making it a bigger deal than originally.

This is just reachy.

Actually, I misread this. Retracting my vote.

unvote

Still though, I feel that this wasn't very well thought out.

For instance, there was no changing of stances, hiding things, or subtle changes of opinion. Not to mention that people do EBWOP's all the time, I just used a different medium. Like, what the heck? I literally do not understand the paranoia being exhibited from this slot, it feels unfounded and kind of baseless. He also says I'm scummy, but on what grounds? This quote edit thing? That's complete ********.
Called reaching

@Hando - When I voted for you, it became a big deal. I just didn't feel like making a point of it at the time because these things need to be articulated, however I did feel the vote was warranted regardless.

Does anyone here have a general synopsis they can give me of Hando? Style/train of thought/persona/things of that sort? I've never played with him.

BSP, if Mastermind were hypothetical scum, his scum mate wouldn't come and save him. Literally everyone is going to tell you that what you're doing is anti-town, so scum won't be obvious in the regard because what they're saying would be true. It's not a great play by any means.
Distancing.

I'm pretty sure BSP is town. Like, almost 100%.
Your too confident in this too early

Marshy IS pretty damn sexy. Not quite Brad level though.

Omni, I agree with you about Soup. Rake also feels kind of off, but his reaching of the OmniTown read feels like something Rake would do (See: PB/BAM Mafia, i.e. Kantrip read.)

Man, I just can't be bothered to substantiate everything right now. I will later when my heart is in the game and I'm not tired.
The read on me is forced.

I reach regardless of alignment

Here for a minute. Can Omni explain to me where I'm "spamming"? Would also like Gheb to explain that tidbit as well, and Mastermind. I also don't really get Jerkus when he says I'm "acting like a mental patient" because, really, that hasn't been the case. Where are these oddball left field perceptions of my slot coming from?

Heck, I don't really know where the hate for my slot is coming from, that is, if there IS any hate. Does anyone actually have something solid to say about my slot in terms of scumminess/towniness?
called distancing.

WTF @Omni. BSP is Town, what the **** have I missed this day phase?
Your holding to hard to this for the wrong reasons.

Guys, chill. I'm on vacation. I'm flying back tomorrow night. Then... I have a German paper due Thursday and an economics essay due Friday. Anyways.

In my general skim of the last few pages, I have to admit that lynching either dabuz or Kary will net the most information. It doesn't sit with me well that so many are jumping on the dabuz wagon, but that's something to look at later.

And I'd love to see some posts from mastermind. Even I have managed to post a few times within my schedule, and there are two of them.

Nice job going for information over scum.

Gheb, B-dull and Jditzy are the only ones making any sense in here. Anyone who thinks any of those slots are scum right now isn't using their head (or is scum).
Nice buddying.

Someone needs to teach him what the real Rule #1 is. :rolleyes:

I was expecting this Day to be over after I got off the plane and saw 3 or so pages of content. Sad to see I was wrong. Just shoot Dabuz/Soup/maybe Kary and move on with it, please.

In the mean time, it's 130am, I have to be up for my 8am class, then I have to write a paper all day that's due tomorrow. I'll stop by every once in awhile. Laterz.
Nice buddying of all the popular wagons and drop off of any care on that jerkus suspicion

Hey Jerkus who's scum

You.

Still reading. And trying to form posts.
Oh snap dat was such an amazing...
nvm

Here's the thing: If you strongly believe a player is scum, and other players aren't seeing it, unless you're Marshy or Kevin, you have to explain what you're seeing to other people in order to get them to follow you. Even if you are Marshy or Kevin, that still helps.

Although in this game, the only person you really have to convince right now is BSP. Which is even better, really. You only need to convince one person. It doesn't matter if I'm being stubborn, in your opinion
. If you really thought that Dabuz was scum, case closed, everyone go home, then I would see you banging that drum. I would see you highlighting posts and explaining connections you see, etc, in hopes of convincing BSP of why you're right. But you're not. No one is. Becuase the Dabuz wagon barely has a wheel to roll on. If it actually had any merit, then the supporters would be able to show some merit for it by now. So far, the strongest case I've seen against Dabuz, from anyone, is "he's not worth keeping around. And I guess connections and stuff." That's not good enough. If that's all you have, then you should be digging deeper. You should not be in a rush to end the Day on the strength of that kind of argument.
You need to follow your own advice Jerkus. Replace Dabuz with hando and BSP with MM and this post applies directly to you

Soup's buddying No Hetero too hard. Comes off as scum wanting a town power player in their corner.
Unless they are both town, but then, you drop off soup dont you ?

I'm actually leaning scum on Hando from what I can remember. I'm like really sure one is scum between Hando/Soup.
So hando is deffers scum then ? Wheres the push ?

post this again but with more meat :cool:
KILL JERKUS

#HBC #RAZTARDED JERKUS DIE NOW DIE DIE DIE

JERKSU DEAD YET #HBC YOLO THUG LIFE Jerkus/hando scum gg wp , RR/Rake MVP

for marshy

I'm here, and I'll be reading, but times are tough for a young student. :cool:

I agree with Jerkus. I'll be upset with the Jerkus slot if he's scum, but he's the only one I can trust right now, and he shares my hatred for Soup.
Why do you trust jerkus so much, oh right because he's town reading you

BSP is definitely Town...like, there's no way he isn't Town or I'll be upset. :[
Your going to have to do better than meta

BSP is obvTown based on his play here.

Like, it matches his Town meta PERFECTLY from PB/BaM mafia. Literally.
Thing is it doesn't so much as you'd expect, your reasoning is bad and you should feel bad.

I did believe they were both scum on D1, but now I'm of the opinion that soup is scum and kary is town.

Soup
Omni
Rockin

Jerkus

Why?
Well, in addition to my last, eye opening post about him, I researched a bit into NH's stances, and knowing he was town, we can probably weigh his stances a bit more than most of the living's. Let's take a look:

Jerkus comes up a lot in that list, and not in a very positive manner. It has given me quite the boner for him. Totally no hetero. So I'd love to see him go.

For now, I'm going back into the shadows. I am being tested the way of accounting tomorrow and need to study it out in my dream state. Farewell.

Oh dat opinion switch and look at that jerkus puish it's so stro...
wait a minute

I don't have 4 scum picks, sorry Ran (does anyone else have 4 scum reads?)

I have two solid town reads though, those being Ryker and BSP. BSP is just so obvious it hurts. I'd have to seriously commend him if he's scum, he's playing too much to his town meta.

I won't give my reasons for Ryker because he'll just end up using it against me later LOL but MM should go straight to LyLo for sure.
Your read is based off the wrong reasons, it's bad and you should feel bad.

@BardulL: It helps me in finding scum by seeing why my scumpick is posting something that won't help him find scum. To me it seemed like you were just trying to make Gheb respond in a way others can just **** on him 'for his playstyle'. I found it very insincere. I honestly don't feel you were intending to help Gheb there.

@Mastermind: I do want Omni/Soup gone.
You were right on gheb wrong on omni and soup, who is scum now ?

Aight, so, I'm here, Town, and I've got haters. But you're all wrong. :3

We should blow up Soup. I've been saying this for a while. IDK why Omni doesn't wanna shoot Soup, but he needs to get that slot out of the way. I'm also flattered that soup has cut out the abrasive bravado, but his approach has changed and I'm wondering what exactly the cause is. Personally, I think he cut out the act when pressure was thrown on him because his attitude wasn't helping his case, which smells of self preservation. I also hate soup's AtE and I want to watch him explode for it.

Hando would be my next choice.

I need to thoroughly read everyone else, but nothing stands out as off to me otherwise as of now. Except Romni. If he shoots soup though, I'll be happeh.

So where's the hando push then ?

maaan, i don't get it dude, why would you push for a dabuz lynch if you didn't think he was scum? unparalleled whackness.

i had early town vibes from kary so i didn't press him much tbqh.

go ahead and shoot me, but know that you'll get shot next as a result.

dabuz was airheaded and wasn't scummy per se.
nice defeatist attitude thar

bsp, if soup flips scum, i'm not scum with soup. end of story.

i'll answer the case later if i feel like it's necessary, but i'm busy with a speech atm.
so soup town makes you scum.

gg logic

Death Bear if we're actually dealing with a 2man scumteam, who out of your 3man pool gets the town read?
Probably bard for having reachy reasons on things that dont feel more scummy than reachy town

Why on Earth would anyone NOT want Paris Hando blown up??

Why indeed

BSP

Smash Legend
Because if he shoots Hando, Jerkus lives another day

I'm more worried about Jerkus in other words

BSP

Smash Legend
If you aren't scum, then Hando and Kary played the coastiest, wishy-washiest scum game I've ever seen.
This is very hypocritical considering you're town reading Bardull. Bardull is the definition of coasting this game.

You/Hando as a scumteam is bolstered by the fact that you were foaming at the mouth for his head on D1, back when he was essentially in no danger of being lynched,
Let's assume you're right for a bit. MM and Hando are a scum team. What reason does MM have to consistently pressure Hando throughout all of D1, and even express that he wants him to be shot? Why would he distance from D1 when there wasn't even any threat to Hando?

Another thing: Let's go back to the start of D2. Omni reverted on his Soup scum read at the beginning of D2, and you reared back and gave him a town lean. You told me that you were stuck between townOmni rethinking his position, or scumOmni preparing to use a distancing situation. You went with the town case.

So now, you're challenging MM for switching his first scum pick (who he's been on this whole game) with someone else (who he's also been looking at). Why is MM definitely scum in this situation, while Omni was possibly town in his?

BSP

Smash Legend
Again guys, ignore the setup speculation. If you have a 3 man in mind, stick to your guns. For example, BAM could've ended in scum majority on D2

[collapse=explanation]

we had 1 abductor, 3 scum, vs. 8 town; 1 v 3 v 8

Town mislynches D1; Town gets abducted, Scum NK's town; 5 v 3 v 1

That's a MyLo for Town on D2. It can happen. Don't doubt your reads on Setup speculation

[/collapse]

BSP

Smash Legend
Jerkus HAM mode may not be coming. You may have to stick with Canadian bacon, red leaf.

Reading the beginning of D1 and I'm remembering why I didn't mind Soup at first. We'll see how well his schizophrenic switch to Dabuz fairs when I revisit it, but even as I'm going, all I'm thinking is "god, wouldn't it be too ****ing easy if the scum team is RykEEr, Hando and Kary?"

Nah, you reacted pretty well.

But don't patronize me just because you feel big now.
Odd how you threw out a 3 man team just yesterDay.

And now, you're telling us it's stupid.

BSP

Smash Legend
That said, I'm not likely to shoot outside of JDitz, Hando, and Bardull. It would take the best pitch I've seen in my mafia career to get me to pick outside of that when all three of them are stupidly scummy and still around for no reason. Even if that's not the scum team, that's at the absolute very least one member and without breaking that group down we are boned.
That being said, who do you think the team is?

JERKUS
HANDO
BARDULL
Do Jerkus' recent actions make you doubt this at all? If this was the case, why is Jerkus fighting MM about the Jdietz lynch?

BSP

Smash Legend
Jdietz, some concerns:

Doing nothing is a problem, yes. But it isn't a scum-tell. It's something that should be addressed (I think we've all made that pretty clear that it will/should be), but you can't point to it and say "Look! Dabuz only made a few posts, he must for sure be scum!" and expect to have that taken seriously and not scrutinized for reads. I have been keeping with thread, and every time you tell me I'm lying I suspect it is in fact you who is lying. (I'd still like to hear what you thought my lie was this recent time. You didn't answer when Death Bear asked before, because the "lie" you talk about soon here is me having Omni on my scum list and Jerkus rips that to shreds)

I disagree, and you haven't done anything to show me that Dabuz is a factor to be legitimately concerned with. The burden of proof is on the accuser, and you (as well others) haven't done the footwork. I can't show you the nothing, you have to show me the something to disprove the nothing. I resent being compared to deer in headlights when you're the one making flails at this point.
If the bolded and underlined are true, why haven’t you questioned Bardull about anything this game when he’s been outing execution picks and not pushing any cases?

can't say I'm surprised, but I am dissapointed
What exactly were you disappointed about when you said this? Was it Dabuz’s execution?

Really? What do you see in Jerkus now, and how does it connect with Soup? I didn't notice anything telling in Jerkus's play to dissuade me from my town read on the slot.
After looking again, I've noticed that you haven’t questioned Jerkus in regards to anything really. Just something to note.

Why indeeeed...

(seriously though I'm not actually even sure if this is a joke or not lol)

I've been liking Jerkus because he's been making good sense to me throughout the game. Fetching back from when we were just getting into serious issues D1 Jerkus has been a slot who I feel is making logical conclusions that follow my own. He asked pertinent questions like "why Dabuz" when I was thinking the same, and denounced people like Omni and NH who at the time were making no sense. (yes I know they flipped town, but I know I disliked their play D1). Maybe I'm giving the slot too much credit because he's been giving me credit and having similar reads and I like that, but I've had him as town all the way through the game so far and haven't found any reason to doubt that yet.
I think you are giving Jerkus too much credit. As Death Bear pointed out, Jerkus didn’t actually push anything D1 either. Then, Jerkus willingly opted out of making a case on Soup on D2 (#1708). Considering how you lectured Soup on the BoP being on the attacker, I’m surprised you said that you hadn't seen anything of concern.

Soup/Kary should go. Hando if you want to be edgy. Anyone else and I'll probably look at you funny.
As far as I know, you had a null read on Bardull at this point. Why did you suggest Hando as the edgy read and not Bardull? Had Bardull done something to make you think he was less likely to be scum? Or did Hando do something legit scummy?

(I'll be straight, I want you to own something here because D1 you sat on Dabuz and waved to the crowd. I'm hoping your explanation when making a choice is a very expressive one so we can get what you're thinking)
It’s really odd that you haven’t questioned Bardull at all when you’re throwing statements like this around.

Omni are you actually scum?

Back up your Kary stance. Why do you feel Kary's push on Dabuz was in any way "authentic"? Cite posts.
This was shortly after Omni outed his reads.

You start pressuring Omni really hard when he puts Soup and Kary as Town leans.

Why didn’t you pressure Jerkus equally as hard when he constantly kept saying that Bardull probably isn’t scum, when Bardull hadn’t done anything significant? When I asked you about it recently, you said that you think it's odd.

Why didn’t you offer Jerkus the same scrutiny as Omni when Jerkus gave Omni a town lean (#1661)? You had Omni in your sights (#901, #930, #1216, #1470)

Jdietz' 1470 said:
I had Omni on my list and still do to some extent because I feel like he's just been sitting on Dabuz. He's the only person in the game who openly stated that he had Dabuz at null but would still like him to go, yet seemed content to leave it at that. Between that and arguing with Gheb (who I've come to agree with on some points in the Gheb v. Omni side of this game) his slot left me feeling iffy. Omni has stated that he intends to become more of a factor once Dabuz is gone (or D1 ends), so I'm somewhat taking his word on that for now. We'll see where it goes, until then I keep my eye out.
Omni didn't progress with his Soup read obviously.

Why didn't you ask Jerkus to verify his town lean on one of the slots in your sights, while you did for Omni?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
BSP, from you pov, is bardull innocent in all this, i read your posts but it doesn't seem like you've come to a conclusion between the two, is it Jerkus/Jd/bardull or what is your thoughts ?

BSP

Smash Legend
Jerkus, Jdietz, Bardull

I thought the 3rd man was Hando for a while too, but Jdietz just made more sense on a reread. I can't see Hando being their scummate.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
That being said, who do you think the team is?

Do Jerkus' recent actions make you doubt this at all? If this was the case, why is Jerkus fighting MM about the Jdietz lynch?
probably because i've been whiteknighting his scum mate knowing my luck, but i dont see it(JD scum that is), if i ve read JD wrong i'll eat my hat post game over it and be thoroughly pissed at myself for not bearing into him during his soup thing which i labelled as TvT

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
hmm. i might slightly agree with you BSP, first tell me thoughts on something, is Jerkus pushing what he knows MM is interested in, being Hando, in order to play into MM's suspicions and have him kill hando, and thus bing bang boom done ?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
because that occured to me, but jerkus is doing a terrible job of it, calling Hando scum with MM seems pointless for scum jerkus to be doing, as MM doesnt have that much hate for jerkus that is immediately present, it would have been far easier for jerkus to fake a ham mode post on Hando for the Ml, if you get my drift

Mastermind

RykEEr
NO, DEATH BEAR! I'M AFRAID THAT'S NOT WHY WE'RE HERE!

I'm afraid this is the end for you. I've had more than enough of your immeasurable incompetence. I have one more job for you, and I'll damn well see to it that you don't screw it up this time. Your job is to leap off this mortal coil in order to test my new doom laser. It will destroy YOU on a subatomic level and will provide ME with endless hours of cheer on the replay footage.

And that's why I'M the Mastermind, and yooouuu've failed me for the LAST TIME!

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
i have to know, was it ryker or EE who may have (depending on numbers) threw the game ?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
town lol.

How people read me as scum in a game like this is completely beyond comprehension

Top Bottom