• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect (King Maker) - Glorious Way to End the Day. Mafia Wins!

Mastermind

RykEEr
Now, we all know the players I am looking forward to dropping in the shark tank. They should sell me on which I should drop and why it isn't them. Everyone else should sell me on whatever it is they want done. I am all for some almost democracy in my dictatorship. Except for the whole part where majority rules. That looks like problems for a totalitarion government, so I think I'll just leave that out and simply see what popular opinion is and if popular opinion makes sense.

BSP

Smash Legend
This game is not a lost cause. Do not give up town.

I'm going to do another re-read with all flips in mind. Unfortunately, I do have midterms this week, so that's going to take some of my attention away.

MM, don't do anything hasty.

Off the top of my head, I want Jerkus to respond to my posts ASAP. I would like Bardull to do the same when he can.

I also want to see at least two lynch possibilities from everyone, plus an order for executing these. Include the King if you think he's scum. No more hiding behind "he's King, no point".

Mastermind

RykEEr

I also want to see at least two lynch possibilities from everyone, plus an order for executing these. Include the King if you think he's scum. No more hiding behind "he's King, no point".
I'm not going to act hastily. That would suicide at this point regardless of whether or not i'm right. I'm going to act after I'm confident I've established a course of action that's going to win the game.

That said, I'm not likely to shoot outside of JDitz, Hando, and Bardull. It would take the best pitch I've seen in my mafia career to get me to pick outside of that when all three of them are stupidly scummy and still around for no reason. Even if that's not the scum team, that's at the absolute very least one member and without breaking that group down we are boned.

Past that, I am NOT, under any circumstances, shooting Kary (now Ran) or BSP this game.

As for the following paragraph in that quote, that's legit. I intend to see a paper trail from every slot before day's end. I can substitute a paper trail for one of blood if one of my three targets wants to continue not giving me what I want.

Currently aiming at (in order): JDitz->Hando->Bardull

JDitz is far in the lead. Bardull has put in work last phase to close the gap on Hando, but still lags behind.

BSP

Smash Legend
anyway, this makes me look at JD/hando and kinda jerkus because it seems like he has been wrong on more than one occasion. seems hypocritical cause yeah, i've been wrong too, but jerkus being wrong makes me go O_O.

dbear, give me an update on what you're thinking.
Put an order on this list.

BSP

Smash Legend
Mastermind said:
Past that, I am NOT, under any circumstances, shooting Kary (now Ran) or BSP this game.
@Everyone - As far as answering my questions go, ignore this statement from MM. Consider Kary/Ranmaru a lynch option when you're talking to me.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

JDitz is far in the lead. Bardull has put in work last phase to close the gap on Hando, but still lags behind.

Uhhhh... you should spare me because I have not yet failed you for the last time?

Seriously though I've been here doing work and putting my opinions out there. Compared to the other two on your list I'm the epitome of active and helpful. I'll admit I was wrong on quite a few things so far, but that's no reason I can't (and will) do a rethinking of the situation now that we have more info and come up with more constructive discussion.

Plus I cleaned the semen off my shirt, I swear.

Jdietz and Ranmaru, I want your directions for toDay.

I'm going to have to look much more closely at Bardull and Kary/Ran before I can get a concrete order (and more importantly a decision on Ran's slot). But for now those two along with Hando are definitely the ones I'm looking for a flip from.

Mastermind

RykEEr
Oh this is a glorious day indeed.

Before we begin, I must inform you that this Cherry Cola is absolutely INCREDIBLE. It tastes like mouth sex.

No, wait, let me rephrase that.

It's like sex.... in your mouth.

Allow me to try again. It's like there's an ORGY in my MOUTH, and EVERYONE is invited

Points to J

Especially YYYYOUUUUU

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
*coughs awkwardly*

In the meantime, BSP do you want to elaborate why you think I should look into Jerkus?

Mastermind

RykEEr
You know, I can't find a SINGLE cherry in this. And while that would normally be a problem, I find myself falling MADLY IN LOVE with this...

Cherry Cola

Does anyone dare to try it?? I assure you, my mouth is clean, EXCEPT FOR THE HERPES

BSP

Smash Legend
I think you should be worried because

I think Death Bear's 1617 holds water - he sat on Soup's case
I made a similar observation in regards to Jerkus w.r.t. Omni in my 2029 - he completely flipped his Omni read for some reason
And lastly, he has a town read on Bardull right now, which doesn't make sense

None of that seems suspicious to you in the slightest?

Specifically, does the town read on Bardull not bother you? If town read's going too far, do you think the fact that he left Bardull out of his lynch pools is nothing to worry about? He's one of the people you think could possibly be toDay's play.

Mastermind

RykEEr
Alright, but in all seriousness. BSP, we can give you an indepth read on any slot in the game. However, we're going to defer to the fact that we are the King. We're in a position where we have to make a key decision, and that means we need to scumhunt to the best of our ability. That means we're going to withhold for now until a few key players have chimed in with their own work, before they can decide how to tell us what we want to hear.

Don't let us get through the Day without getting back to you, though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you should be worried because

I think Death Bear's 1617 holds water - he sat on Soup's case
I made a similar observation in regards to Jerkus w.r.t. Omni in my 2029 - he completely flipped his Omni read for some reason
And lastly, he has a town read on Bardull right now, which doesn't make sense

None of that seems suspicious to you in the slightest?

Specifically, does the town read on Bardull not bother you? If town read's going too far, do you think the fact that he left Bardull out of his lynch pools is nothing to worry about? He's one of the people you think could possibly be toDay's play.
That actually does bother me a bit (wrt Bardull read). I'll have to take a new look at Jerkus and see if I don't add him to my lynch pool.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok then, but another thing about your 1778 . Towards the end, this is what you say in response to who should go on D2:

Soup/Kary should go. Hando if you want to be edgy. Anyone else and I'll probably look at you funny.
This is just yesterDay.

You claim that you'd look at Omni funny if he even considers anyone out of that pool for execution. Does that mean you were pretty confident in Bardull too?

ToDay, Bardull has joined your lynch group. What did Bardull do to move from not even a consideration for execution to a possible play in your eyes?

BSP

Smash Legend
Forgot a question: Why was Bardull a bad choice for execution yesterDay, but not toDay?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok then, but another thing about your 1778 . Towards the end, this is what you say in response to who should go on D2:

This is just yesterDay.

You claim that you'd look at Omni funny if he even considers anyone out of that pool for execution. Does that mean you were pretty confident in Bardull too?

ToDay, Bardull has joined your lynch group. What did Bardull do to move from not even a consideration for execution to a possible play in your eyes?
Soup and Omni died. Bardull was of consideration, but not a very good choice as he had far less riding on him than the Soup/Kary I was focused on. I told Omni this directly.

Forgot a question: Why was Bardull a bad choice for execution yesterDay, but not toDay?
I didn't feel like the chances of him flipping scum exceeded the chances of the other three. Now some room has opnened up in my lynch pool with the recent deaths (and my also recent uncertainty of if my reads were even close to correct considering both Soup and Omni flipped town).

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I mean, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. We're down to 8 people with no scum yet flipped:

2(Mastermind (EE Ryker hydra)
3)Jerkus (J and Circus hydra)
5)Death Bear (Ryu and rake hydra)
6)Handorin
8)Bardul
9)BSP
10)Kary Ranmaru
12)JDietz

Since I've got fairly good town reads on you (BSP) and Deathbear (and I'm not going to put myself on the block) I don't have a lot of options left.

That leaves 5 people:
Jerkus
Mastermind
Handorin
Bardull
Ranmaru

I desperately need to read over Ranmaru's most recent contributions and compare them to the Kary slot, need to actually pay some better attention to Jerkus, re-read Bardull, Mastermind is the king and won't kill himself, and Handorin still hasn't really contributed.

When you get down to it I don't have much to go on until I reapply myself.

Where are you looking to?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
(anyways, with that said you can probably get a better picture for why my lynch pool is a loose collection of Hando/Bardull and maybe Ran/Jerkus upon re-evaluation)

BSP

Smash Legend
Unless everyone screams for my direction, I'm not going to out it just yet. Most of you have me as town, so you shouldn't mind if I wait a bit. I would like to see where others want to go before I out my direction.

BSP

Smash Legend
Death Bear, do you still stand by that town lean on Jdietz?

If you do, what, aside from his push on Kary, makes you think he's town?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
This game is not a lost cause. Do not give up town.

I'm going to do another re-read with all flips in mind. Unfortunately, I do have midterms this week, so that's going to take some of my attention away.

Off the top of my head, I want Jerkus to respond to my posts ASAP. I would like Bardull to do the same when he can.

JERKUS
HANDO
BARDULL

Death Bear, do you still stand by that town lean on Jdietz?

If you do, what, aside from his push on Kary, makes you think he's town?
yes.

soup push.

meta.

BAM.

Why ?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
EBWOP : *counter push

i'll go re read JD but seriously, jerkus needs to be shot , the amount of barrel rolls he's done would make Star Fox sick.

The fact that Ryker / EE arent thinking of executing J is of concern but he woulda executed straight out the gate as scum and bit the exec possibly tomarraw

Jerkus

Smash Apprentice
God, I need to read.

How the hell did Mastermind get the gun? I'm strangling the Kingmaker when this game is over.

Death Bear, I'm not scum. I haven't done any barrel rolls. You are a moron.

Jdietz isn't scum. I'll need to read what I've missed in order to see if there's any conceivable reason that Mastermind would want to shoot him so badly other than to avoid shooting scumbuddy Hando.

BRB, jugglin' games.

Jerkus

Smash Apprentice
well anyway, if mm is scum, we lose right now. ryker dropped something that makes me think he's town though, like 80%~ sure he's town. anyway, point is that the focus needs to be away from MM today, but questioning him is fine and what not obviously.
Elaborate please? I'd like to know you're not just appealing to the King here.

anyway, this makes me look at JD/hando and kinda jerkus because it seems like he has been wrong on more than one occasion. seems hypocritical cause yeah, i've been wrong too, but jerkus being wrong makes me go O_O.
What are you talking about? I'm wrong all the time. And so far, I think that one of the options I've been pushing since early D2 (MM/Hando scumteam) is still quite plausible and, at this point, most likely.

I was wrong on Soup, but I was also doubting my read. I absolutely own the fact that I was after his shot (although I would have preferred Kary's slot yesterDay, and I said as much in thread), and I'm glad to have that question mark gone, ultimately.

Other than that, I wouldn't say I've been wrong on much. I butted heads with NH on D1, but it's not like I was even pushing NH scum. I had my problems with Omni, but ultimately decided he was probably town. Gheb had been a strong town read all game.

At this point, it pretty much has to bee MM and Hando. Maybe Ran; I haven't really read his slot since he replaced Kary. People who are after Bardull or Jdietz or myself are just wrong and aren't examining this game hard enough. I cannot say with certainty that neither Bardull nor Jdietz are scum, but I say with confidence that neither are likely.

If you don't mind, could you point me to these? Or just sum up what you want to know from me?

JDitz is far in the lead.
Explain this, please.

BSP

Smash Legend
Jerkus, I believe it's my 2029.

And I'll take that as a direction. I want Bardull's next.

:phone:

Jerkus

Smash Apprentice
Alright, instead of wall-battling that post, I'm just going to respond to it freeform, since your whole 2029 can essentially be summed up as "Your stance change on Omni doesn't look sincere."

It is true that I had several issue with Omni's play on D1. I never stopped thinking that his play was bad, and I was mad that Omni got the gun on D2, because I still felt he was pretty scummy going into that Day. What caused me to give Omni that town lean was a combination of bigger fish to fry (my MM/Hando, Soup/Kary concepts) and the fact that Omni immediately undid his suspicion of Soup the moment he got the gun. While I had several problems with the way Omni chose to play D1, it's worth noting that the one thing that really struck me as decidedly scum over dumb, was the way he interacted with Soup, specifically. He listed Soup as his one scum read, while pushing for Dabuz. On D1, that screamed scumbuddy distancing to me. For that reason, going into D2, I would have expected scumOmni, having been king'd, to take that distancing even further. It would make sense for Omni to try to keep that Soup read consistent, and then gradually switch to some other player if he could. Instead, he just got a lot more careful. While it's not impossible for scum to try to be careful in that situation, I read it as more likely that Omni was simply weighing his options with more thought since he had become in charge of the execution. If he were scum, he would have taken advantage of the opportunity he found himself in.

The biggest part to my scum read on Omni was his relationship to Soup. The reason that didn't carry over in Day 2 is because the nature of the relationship between Omni and Soup changed on Day 2. The rest of my qualms with Omni could rightly be chalked up to bad play.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Jerkus, you seem to be ignoring the fact that ryker scum could win as we seem to be in mylo/lylo at the moment

Top Bottom