• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Eh? Did I miss the memo?
From what I understand, on the Smash website they removed the "New" heading on part of the roster a week before Isabella was revealed. As of a couple days ago the "New" above Isabella disappeared, indicating we have about a week for the next character reveal.

Fingers crossed for Skull Kid!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The "New" is still there, however the Japanese character trailer playlist was updated 2 days ago, and there's nothing that seems to have been changed. The same thing happened about a week before Isabelle and the 8/8 direct.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
A direct in October? Hell yeah, really if any month would reveal him, I would figure it would be this month, I have high hopes for our boy.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
The "New" is still there, however the Japanese character trailer playlist was updated 2 days ago, and there's nothing that seems to have been changed. The same thing happened about a week before Isabelle and the 8/8 direct.
Memo received, interest peaked, excitement go up.
Really though, I hope something good comes out of this. BIG doubt that it's a new direct, but I feel it'll be a character reveal or something like that if something does come out of this.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Memo received, interest peaked, excitement go up.
Really though, I hope something good comes out of this. BIG doubt that it's a new direct, but I feel it'll be a character reveal or something like that if something does come out of this.
Where else would they announce a character?

UserKev

Smash Champion
Speculation just got interesting again. It also doesn't make sense to reveal Incineroar or Isaac in October.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Alright guys.
Playlist updated and set to unlisted… checked
"New" gone from the banner on the official website… checked
Two signs that happened every time before a reveal. Next week is most possibly gonna be it 10 days after the playlist thing happened, meaning 10th for us (11th thursday for japan). Get hyped, for whatever comes… hopefully something BIG.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Get hyped, things are pointing to a character reveal next week. Another chance for us to shine! October is the month we've been waiting for

(although keep in mind if it's not Skull Kid this month, he could still be any other month)

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Get hyped, things are pointing to a character reveal next week. Another chance for us to shine! October is the month we've been waiting for

(although keep in mind if it's not Skull Kid this month, he could still be any other month)
October is TOO perfect for the Skull Kid reveal. I want the trailer to be the darkest. And who knows, maybe some nice little hints of an MM sequel like the Castlevania trailer for Luigi's Mansion 3.

NineS

Smash Lord
Worst case scenario: Skull Kid is revealed as either literally anything but a fighter.

Best case scenario: Skull Kid is revealed as a fighter.

There's literally only one thing that can go wrong. I'm hyped for what we've got coming, and I doubt they'd show him as an assist trophy, and seeing what they did with Rathalos, who is a boss and assist trophy.

Even if he isn't confirmed, as long as he isn't deconfirmed, all the odds are on our side!

At this point, everything points to Skull Kid as a fighter, or no Skull Kid at all.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah he is definitely gonna be in the game one way or another but I feel like it will be playable.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah he is definitely gonna be in the game one way or another but I feel like it will be playable.
I'm actually of the opinion that he's either playable (which I hope and lean towards) or is nothing more than a trophy.

I really don't think he's a boss, it makes so little sense to me that I'd sooner believe he's completely absent

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I feel like the idea of Skull Kid being a boss wasn't even brought up until LeakyPandy said so.

Then some people went "oh yeah that makes sense" when no, it doesn't.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I feel like the idea of Skull Kid being a boss wasn't even brought up until LeakyPandy said so.

Then some people went "oh yeah that makes sense" when no, it doesn't.
it doesn't at all, and that guy has only gotten good dates, but wrong 100% content on what he claims. So yeah i dont see why people want to believe that guy lol

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually of the opinion that he's either playable (which I hope and lean towards) or is nothing more than a trophy.

I really don't think he's a boss, it makes so little sense to me that I'd sooner believe he's completely absent
Agreed. I could see getting into a boss fight with Majora though, where you have to defeat Majora to unlock Skull Kid as a playable character.

NineS

Smash Lord
The only way I can see having 'Skull Kid' be a boss is have the Mask fly off his face for whatever reason, transform into either a smash-original form of Majora or a known form of Majora, only to be defeated, revert back into a mask, and end back up on Skull Kid's face.

Even then, technically, Skull kid wouldn't be the boss, Majora's mask would. Doing it in this way would still make Skull Kid (Plus the Mask) a viable option for a playable character, or no character at all.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. I could see getting into a boss fight with Majora though, where you have to defeat Majora to unlock Skull Kid as a playable character.
I would love to see Majora as a boss and then you could get Skull Kid. That would fit the adventure mode perfectly. Plus, I would love to see some new powers from the Majora besides some sweet Ballet.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Majora as a boss and then you could get Skull Kid. That would fit the adventure mode perfectly. Plus, I would love to see some new powers from the Majora besides some sweet Ballet.
Plus it fits if the story mode is called Spirits, since Majora was the spirit in the Mask possessing Skull Kid.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
You Americans with October being skull kid's month... This is not an American game. At this point I'm not hoping for skull kid, I'm hoping for any character other than Ken and Incineroar to confirm the box and card were nothing to trust, and then I'll be back cheering for my boy.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid has got to be the best character to announce for October. I think we got it this time guys!
I sure hope so! The hype is on!

(Plus then I'll have more clips to use for my Majora's Mask Anniversary Special/Skull Kid tribute, lol)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We can only hope and keep our fingers cross.

We've come so far!!! 4 months ago, Skull Kid was pretty much on no one else's radar besides a couple of us, but now people talk like he's one of the most popular requests and rightfully so!!! He's amazing! And now he has so many things pointing to his inclusion, I really hope it's not something being misinterpreted awfully. But other characters in similar situations have also become playable such as Isabelle, Chrom and Dark Samus. A lit of people saw them coming for reasons similar to Skull Kids position right now.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
We can only hope and keep our fingers cross.

We've come so far!!! 4 months ago, Skull Kid was pretty much on no one else's radar besides a couple of us, but now people talk like he's one of the most popular requests and rightfully so!!! He's amazing! And now he has so many things pointing to his inclusion, I really hope it's not something being misinterpreted awfully. But other characters in similar situations have also become playable such as Isabelle, Chrom and Dark Samus. A lit of people saw them coming for reasons similar to Skull Kids position right now.
Honestly, they could reveal Skull Kid next week, say that's it for character reveals, and I would be 100% content. :)

To quote someone on the GameFAQs Smash Ultimate Message Board: "It's Halloween time, perfect for the moon."

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
You Americans with October being skull kid's month... This is not an American game. At this point I'm not hoping for skull kid, I'm hoping for any character other than Ken and Incineroar to confirm the box and card were nothing to trust, and then I'll be back cheering for my boy.
Halloween is a thing in a lot of countries.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Splatoon is getting in the Halloween spirit with a global splatfest: Trick or Treat? Lends credence to the idea of a Halloween themed reveal!!! It would be perfect!!!!!!!! DO IT FIR US SAKURAI!!!!!!

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, waiting for next week is gonna be hard with this anticipation.

But once it's announced when this Smash announcement will be, I'm totally playing the "Dawn of the First Day" thing 3 days before! (if someone doesn't already beat me to it then)

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Splatoon is getting in the Halloween spirit with a global splatfest: Trick or Treat? Lends credence to the idea of a Halloween themed reveal!!! It would be perfect!!!!!!!! DO IT FIR US SAKURAI!!!!!!
This is all the proof we need! Things are starting to look better and better for him to be revealed next.

I'd love for Skull Kid to be next.

1. He's one of my most requested characters for Ultimate.
2. It will vanquish the box theory once and for all.

Still let's keep things cool. Just because Splatoon is doing a Halloween splatfest doesn't mean Smash will follow suit with a Halloween themed reveal.

However it does sorta kill that whole "Japan doesn't really celebrate Halloween so don't expect a Japanese game to do a Halloween themed reveal" I've seen some people saying. I mean, if a Japanese game like Splatoon 2 is doing a Halloween themed event, why can't Smash do a Halloween themed reveal?

Last edited:
Top Bottom