• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
If the chairs theory holds true then it should be tomorrow. K Rool was hinted at with furniture and revealed in the next direct.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Popping my head in from the Shantae thread to wish you all good luck on tomorrow!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Granted, I will say my number one wanted newcomer is Geno.

However, I do think Skull Kid will be revealed tomorrow due to evidence from the previous direct. It is possible there will be another new comer revealed, but it seems like a 50/50. I also think there will be at least 2 Echo fighters.

Good luck all.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If Skull Kid is revealed, I'll change this thread to "Dawn of a new Day: Skull Kid social"

D

Deleted member

I just realized I'm not on the supporters list! Is it possible I can be added?

Klimax

Smash Ace
So, if Skull Kid is revealed tomorrow, the background theory will be proven right and it will be easy to guess the next character.

Smash Apprentice

TRANSMIT THE VILEST POWER FROM THE BLACKEST DEPTHS OF YOUR ID

BRING THE VESSEL OF CHAOS INTO SUPER SMASH BROTHERS

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if skull kid gets revealed and it's the second sakurai office in a row to tease a freaking newcomer… I'm not gonna get ahead of myself… but screw naysayers if it comes true, lol. (obviously the real big teases for skull kid are not really related to the room thing at all, but still… it's gonna be hilarious)

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
So, if Skull Kid is revealed tomorrow, the background theory will be proven right and it will be easy to guess the next character.
If the background thing is legit, I think they'd try to trick us out now that we've picked up on it. Deliberately make the space Sakurai is in either devoid of hints or hints to many things at once.

I'm still iffy on the whole background thing, but what I will concede is that they pick the design of the room for a reason. Smash 4 had Sakurai stay in the same exact room for most reveals, whereas he's already changed it out in the first two reveals.

Smash Apprentice
Praying Skull Kid gets revealed tomorrow night, then we can rest easy
It's seriously starting to affect my daily life. Since the K. Rool reveal I've spent at least an hour every day on the internet looking at the latest Smash leaks, visiting this thread, or discussing Skull Kid's chances/ potential moveset/tier viability on reddit.

I'd wait another three maddening months if it meant that he got in, though. Please, please. More than anything, let him not be deconfirmed.

D

Deleted member

It's seriously starting to affect my daily life. Since the K. Rool reveal I've spent at least an hour every day on the internet looking at the latest Smash leaks, visiting this thread, or discussing Skull Kid's chances/ potential moveset/tier viability on reddit.

I'd wait another three maddening months if it meant that he got in, though. Please, please. More than anything, let him not be deconfirmed.
You and I both friend. I've been living off of leaks. I haven't eaten in weeks. :laugh:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Coming over from the Isaac thread, I'm hoping we get to see either Skull Kid or Isaac revealed tomorrow, but what would really send me over the moon (heh) would be a simultaneous reveal of both. Good luck to all for tomorrow!

There's actually a very high chance we'll get more than one character announcement tomorrow. Things are lining up toward that direction. Remember lots of people said not to expect from the Smash Direct yet we got 5 announcements. On a side note I did the math and if a certain leak is true we could easily fit may announcements under 8 minutes.

Potato_

Smash Lord
There's actually a very high chance we'll get more than one character announcement tomorrow. Things are lining up toward that direction. Remember lots of people said not to expect from the Smash Direct yet we got 5 announcements. On a side note I did the math and if a certain leak is true we could easily fit may announcements under 8 minutes.
Trying to keep my expectations low, but I'd be totally down to share a reveal with the Isaac bros.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
This is my thoughts as well. We got 1 major reveal at E3 with Ridley, then 2 on 8/8 with Simon and K Rool... what if that trend continues and we get 3 tomorrow? Fighter reveals by themselves only take like a couple mins a piece. The majority of the time spent on previous directs was on the mechanics, stages and features.

If we get three it could be Isaac, Skull Kid and a Pokemon. It could even be the Sun, Moon, and Stars theory and be Isaac, SK and Geno and REALLY blow peoples minds.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So aside from Skull Kid what else is everyone hoping to see from the Direct?

Last edited:

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
Spirits or info on how bosses will work if they're not together. other than that I don't know what else they could show other than items or new mechanics that we haven't been shown.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Aside from other Smash characters (Isaac and Banjo, where you at?!), give me some more footage on Three Houses and Yoshi, please. They're a ways away, but they're my most hyped for 2019 along with Bayo 3 (which I don't expect to see at all). Confirm a Switch release for Spyro Reignited and a release date for Tales of Vesperia DE while I'm at it overblowing my expectations. :p

But most of all, I need a new Animal Crossing game in my life.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'd love a Luigi's Mansion 3 or confirmation a new Mario & Luigi is coming after Bowser's Inside story

Something Kirby related is always appreciated.

Maybe new 2D Zelda

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I personally would love some sort of proper teaser trailer for Metroid Prime 4. A long shot, but not out of the realm of possibility!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Dovahkiin! Tails!

...yeah, I know. In my dreams...

One thing I'd really like to see is Hyrule Warriors announce a DLC where you get the BotW Champions and a new adventure mode map for them. I really would like to see Urbosa in action.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Spirits or info on how bosses will work if they're not together. other than that I don't know what else they could show other than items or new mechanics that we haven't been shown.
I don't think we'll be seeing that new mode until closer to release. I think we'll get one more Smash-focused presentation in...maybe November? They'll go over the mystery mode, show off the final characters, and whatever else may be hiding from us.

For this Direct, I'd love to see a Zelda HD collection, Metroid Prime Trilogy perhaps, and maybe some info on the next wave of Dream Friends, though I'm not sure it's time yet. (I think they'll be Magolor, Susie, and Taranza.) Animal Crossing is a given, and I'd also like to see the Spyro trilogy confirmed for the Switch (it's been one of the worst kept secrets for a long time). Oh, and maybe it's time for Bayo 3? I'm not expecting all this, but it would be nice and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility!

Pipe dreams are Mother 3, Secret Mana Trilogy being localized, and a new Paper Mario. And new Hyrule Warriors DLC.

And the 3DS finally getting killed.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, coming from the Isaac thread. I'm here to let you all know how excited I am for tomorrow's reveal, since I think there is a very good chance that Skull Kid is on his way tomorrow. Cross your fingers, praise the moon, you guys deserve it. :)

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
What's up everyone? Coming from the Isaac group to wish you all the absolute best! Majora's Mask has and always will be my #1 favorite Zelda game ever and to see that the chance of getting Skull Kid in would be amazing!

Plus, I hope the whole Sun and Moon thing will be true. Even Stars!
Isaac - Sun
Skull Kid - Moon
Geno - Stars
That would be amazing!

Potato_

Smash Lord
Dovahkiin! Tails!

...yeah, I know. In my dreams...

One thing I'd really like to see is Hyrule Warriors announce a DLC where you get the BotW Champions and a new adventure mode map for them. I really would like to see Urbosa in action.
Urbosa is easily my favorite character out of BOTW. I would LOVE to see her in Hyrule Warriors.

Roy_Boy Color

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-7443-4270
Switch FC
SW-0884-9374-3404
Only just found out about the direct a little while ago. I honestly think if the rumors were true, this could be the direct that Skull Kid will be revealed in. Personally I think we could possibly get one or two echo reveals along with one unique character (Hopefully Skull Kid!)

Roy_Boy Color

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-7443-4270
Switch FC
SW-0884-9374-3404
I just really want to know about Switch Online in a little more detail. Other than that I'd like to see a new Animal Crossing game, or maybe a new Phoenix Wright game for the Switch.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Only just found out about the direct a little while ago. I honestly think if the rumors were true, this could be the direct that Skull Kid will be revealed in. Personally I think we could possibly get one or two echo reveals along with one unique character (Hopefully Skull Kid!)
I actually think we could get 3 unique fighter reveals tomorrow.
The majority of time spent in the previous smash presentations was on features and mechanics.
Character reveals by themselves don't actually take that long, a couple minutes.
E3 had 1, Ridley. The 8/8 Direct had 2, Simon and K Rool. This trend might continue to 3 tomorrow.
Yeah, we may only get one reveal, that trend may be nothing, but IMO its just as likely that we could get more too.
If we do it could very well be Isaac, Skull Kid and Geno (Sun, Moon and Stars). Or at least Isaac, Skull Kid and a Pokemon.

We shall see, this wait is killing me.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Things have really picked up in here over the past day, and sure enough, news! I'm not overly confident we're going to get a huge reveal given the content of the Direct is more general, but who knows. I'd of course like to have Skull Kid revealed tomorrow so we can rest a lot easier, but if he is NOT shown off during the Smash portion, the important thing to remember is he will have lived yet another day and another Direct.

Let's just say that if Skull Kid gets revealed, I'll sleep like a rock for a very long time. I already got K. Rool, and to get Skull Kid would quite literally be my two most wanted characters in all of Smash history. After being part of the K. Rool fan-base for so, so long (Ridley fans can surely relate), I know how it feels the moment he is revealed. I want to be able to experience that a 2nd time with the SK fan-base!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:
Top Bottom