• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hello guy's I've got some bottom of the barrel Skull Kid evidence
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/5f/2a/fb5f2af3a67ae49348c494028fd4c64a.png
So Fierce Deity Link in smash 4's shield has the colors of Majora Mask
however
https://i.redd.it/4j6jnvz3jy311.png
it was changed to a teal colored shield, thus Skull Kid.....
... Listen I did say it was bottom of the barrel, it is kind of lame how lame his fierce deity alt looks now, I really hope they replace it with how it looks in BOTW by the time Smash comes out.
This is actually kinda interesting, there are arguments I've seen closer to the bottom of the barrel than this

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Probably wishful thinking, but if the Trinen thing is anything to go by, we can expect it sometime later today seeing as yesterday was the third day, and now we're on the 'Dawn of a new day'.
But if we're going with what mimique has said (Yes, I know he's not a leaker, just a speculator. An extremely accurate speculator at that.) we can expect the direct to be announced tomorrow.
That seems likely to be honest. Note that Bill said "72 hours remain", which happened to line up with that "secret meeting" Nintendo of America had. So that could be what Bill meant, and we'll have a Direct announcement today or something.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Again, probably best not to look to deep into, if it was out of context sure, but it wasn't. Probably just a reference to Majora's Mask because of the moon thing.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Again, probably best not to look to deep into, if it was out of context sure, but it wasn't. Probably just a reference to Majora's Mask because of the moon thing.
I agree with you there, I was just speculating in case it actually was a hint. Probably just him making a reference, but any reference to MM is a win in my book!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I agree with you there, I was just speculating in case it actually was a hint. Probably just him making a reference, but any reference to MM is a win in my book!
Oh definitely, MM references are certainly awesome in any situation. And just helps further the case of how memorable and iconic the game is, which is a plus for Skull Kid in Smash.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Oh definitely, MM references are certainly awesome in any situation. And just helps further the case of how memorable and iconic the game is, which is a plus for Skull Kid in Smash.
Speaking of MM, I had a dream last night that I was at this place with a rapids water ride, and for some reason they also had a yard sale there. One of the things there was a strategy guide for MM which I considered getting, until I realized that there were only half the amount of pages there should have been, and someone had torn out all the MM pages and replaced them with a guide for some other game. It was weird. XD At least we have the Internet to use.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Trinen makes joke references to a million of games, we don't even know that he has the info on the final roster or any new inclusion. Poor guy is probably inundated with thousands messages for anything he says...

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Trinen makes joke references to a million of games, we don't even know that he has the info on the final roster or any new inclusion. Poor guy is probably inundated with thousands messages for anything he says...
I guess that's a price people pay for working at Nintendo, lol

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
Apparently loz18 is back, according to him Skull Kid is in and he's going to be revealed in 2 weeks

Take all this with a grain of salt

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Apparently loz18 is back, according to him Skull Kid is in and he's going to be revealed in 2 weeks

Take all this with a grain of salt
Oh boy. He sure did have proper info on when he was gonna be revealed last time... :rolleyes:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I wish desperately for him to be right but honestly now he's at the same level of a 4chan text post leaker

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Honestly as long as Skull Kid's in, and we hopefully get a reveal on or before the MM anniversary in the US, I'll be happy.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Honestly if Skull Kid gets in I'll be tempted to try to draw something like this:

Fanbase: *hugs Skull Kid* You're in Smash!!!
Skull Kid: *is trying to prevent self from being hugged to death* I'm also being smashed right now, let me breathe!

And this is coming from someone who doesn't draw much, lol

Oh well, at least I'll have the anniversary special video to do. XD

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Note to self: Take screenshots of topic/thread just in case next time...
Oh well. We know we're getting something of a Smash announcement this week either way.
I hope so. I know it hasn't even been a month, but I feel like we're going through what we went through between every character reveal in the last game, and it's just condensed into half the time.

Whatever we get, I hope it's not just Incineroar and Ken, not because I don't want them, but because that will change next to nothing about the speculation community right now. I want things to get shaken up a bit; it's been stagnating lately.

Sysmek

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen him post anything about Skull Kid, but I have seen a Gamefaqs account with the name, I might need to find it again though make sure it's not a trick. still his credibility has been destroyed so it doesn't really mean much.

EDIT: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77078263?jumpto=11#11

Ioz18

Or to be more specific IOZ18

He replaced the L with I, clever
I don't think he replaced the L with an I
Why do I say that? Well I copy and pasted his name into google. One version was the username on Gamefaqs and the other was me purposefully putting a uppercased i, google didn't read them as the same thing, therefore if you can trust google it was loz18 or lOZ 18 with the O & Z capitalized for whatever reason

EDIT: I just realized you mentioned me in the Gamefaqs post that got taken down lol. What was it about? I can't see it anymore since his post got banished to the shadowrealm

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Loz18 just became extremely annoying. Dude needs to not say anything now since his chance was a flop.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if, after botching everything and effectively dying online, he expected to be welcomed back with open arms.
Ha! He would be a fool to think that, especially going on GameFAQs looking for forgiveness, people on there can be ruthless at times.
Even if Skull Kid is in the game it does nothing for his credibility.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Ha! He would be a fool to think that, especially going on GameFAQs looking for forgiveness, people on there can be ruthless at times.
Even if Skull Kid is in the game it does nothing for his credibility.
Tell me about it, the forums are a crapstorm right now.

... Why I keep coming back is beyond me.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Tell me about it, the forums are a crapstorm right now.

... Why I keep coming back is beyond me.
There isn't one thread without a fight, dont get me wrong a debate every now and then is welcomed, it's just a lot of the people have very condescending way about them.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think he'd be revealed in a direct this week or or one on October 26

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do you guys think he'd be revealed in a direct this week or or one on October 26
If we get a Direct this week (which seems somewhat likely, between the update to the Smash Bros. video list and the disappearance of the "New" sign on the Smash website), I wouldn't think that we'd be getting another Direct at the end of the month.

Plus, I'm not sure how big Halloween is in Japan.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
If we get a Direct this week (which seems somewhat likely, between the update to the Smash Bros. video list and the disappearance of the "New" sign on the Smash website), I wouldn't think that we'd be getting another Direct at the end of the month.

I wasn't referencing Halloween so much as the Majoras Mask release date, since Little Mac was similarly a promoted assist trophy announced on his games anniversary.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice

All the festive holidays here like Halloween and Christmas are really popular in Japan.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
All the festive holidays here like Halloween and Christmas are really popular in Japan.
This is just me hypothesizing but I think that Smash may be more popular in the Americas, so even if Halloween wasn't popular in Japan they may still do a Halloween Smash direct, or a Skull Kid reveal on the North American Majoras Mask release date

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't think he replaced the L with an I
Why do I say that? Well I copy and pasted his name into google. One version was the username on Gamefaqs and the other was me purposefully putting a uppercased i, google didn't read them as the same thing, therefore if you can trust google it was loz18 or lOZ 18 with the O & Z capitalized for whatever reason

EDIT: I just realized you mentioned me in the Gamefaqs post that got taken down lol. What was it about? I can't see it anymore since his post got banished to the shadowrealm
You called out a CJ? Was wondering why and who and if it had anything to do with Cjszero01?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Mr. Nintendo's avatar looks really nice here :p

Last edited:

All Hail Me

Sarge
Well hopefully skull kid will be revealed soon. In general I am very excited for this game. I currently live and work in a remote area with 12 other people and we are all close. Half of us brought switches and we spend half of our nights drinking beer and screaming at each other playing mario party. I feel smash will step up the feeling and make an already great time a better one.

This however is assuming mario party doesn’t turn into the equivalent of monopoly and make us hate each other.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Remember when this thread was dead with barely any activity? Now look, at this rate we'll get to the 100th page no problem. How awesome is that?

It's pretty touching for a longtime Skull Kid supporter like myself. You guys rock!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I hope so. I know it hasn't even been a month, but I feel like we're going through what we went through between every character reveal in the last game, and it's just condensed into half the time.

Whatever we get, I hope it's not just Incineroar and Ken, not because I don't want them, but because that will change next to nothing about the speculation community right now. I want things to get shaken up a bit; it's been stagnating lately.
I hope it is not Incenorar because the idea sucks balls.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I hope it is not Incenorar because the idea sucks balls.
I think Inceneroar is bad choice myself, I think they should go with an older generation, gen 2 or 3. But in my opinion, I dislike nearly every gen 5-7 Pokémon, but if it had to be a new Pokémon from 7 I'd say Decidueye. He definitely seems more popular and his design isn't... fight cat.

Top Bottom