• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Apparently the moon update was to coincide with a Japanese moon holiday, very neat.

Watching the recent Gamexplain Discussion on the blog theory gives me hope

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just want Skull Kid's fate revealed. Even if he's not playable or a boss, at least the speculation will be over. Of course we're still hoping he's playable, but who knows what might happen.

I'm just glad all this interest for him, literally everywhere on every website imagineable, put Skull Kid a frontrunner when he wasn't before.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I just want Skull Kid's fate revealed. Even if he's not playable or a boss, at least the speculation will be over. Of course we're still hoping he's playable, but who knows what might happen.

I'm just glad all this interest for him, literally everywhere on every website imagineable, put Skull Kid a frontrunner when he wasn't before.
Hopefully October will be our last month of torture wait… crossing fingers!

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
And it would go in line with sakurais statement about the pacing of the character reveals, I believe he meant dont expect a reveal every month, perhaps there isn't a enough content or time for 2 smash directs up until now and release, so he is just preparing us for the painful month that is November, but this October direct will be crazy, revealing all remaining characters in a huge blowout while revealing the last five stages and talking about spirits and some other nitty gritty details about the game.
I mean, I'd rather it in November for my impatient soul but other than that, this.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
If he's not going to be playable, I'd rather him be neither a boss or assist trophy.

That would mean him being DLC would be far more likely.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'll be honest, waiting for DLC scares me. Their approach with DLC last time wasn't really up my ally, most of them were either third parties or veterans, with Corrin of all people as the exception.

Although at least with EVERYONE IS HERE, we won't have to worry about veterans taking up newcomer spots for dlc. I just hope we get more first party characters.

All Hail Me

Sarge
I'll be honest, waiting for DLC scares me. Their approach with DLC last time wasn't really up my ally, most of them were either third parties or veterans, with Corrin of all people as the exception.

Although at least with EVERYONE IS HERE, we won't have to worry about veterans taking up newcomer spots for dlc. I just hope we get more first party characters.
I completely missed all of that last time. Did not own smash 4 (I was all over the world and not as financially well off as I am now) I remember everyday counting down for brawl though and checking all the leaks hoping for characters. I agree though I want a hard yes or no ASAP.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
The Music-Theory isn't dead at all. I would even say the opposite. Why would they reveal a Pokemon Song now if Incineroar is actually a newcomer? This makes no sense at all. Up until now every of the 5 (non-echo) Newcomers was accompanied by new music on the website, which was posted right after the reveal. The AC Happy Home Designer music was even delayed one week due to the earthquake. If Incineroar was a newcomer, why didn't they show music of another franchise (like Star Fox, Wii Fit or Wario Ware) yesterday?
I still believe the Music-Theory might be a thing. Maybe Incineroar won't be in the base game, but will come as a DLC-fighter later on.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The Music-Theory isn't dead at all. I would even say the opposite. Why would they reveal a Pokemon Song now if Incineroar is actually a newcomer? This makes no sense at all. Up until now every of the 5 (non-echo) Newcomers was accompanied by new music on the website, which was posted right after the reveal. The AC Happy Home Designer music was even delayed one week due to the earthquake. If Incineroar was a newcomer, why didn't they show music of another franchise (like Star Fox, Wii Fit or Wario Ware) yesterday?
I still believe the Music-Theory might be a thing. Maybe Incineroar won't be in the base game, but will come as a DLC-fighter later on.
Uh are you in the right place?

Music theory or not, I don't think it's be all end all for Skull Kid, botw was always going to be a focus, and Zelda while having music on the website never had a blog update. And it's Zelda, if any franchise was going to get two songs it Zelda. It's very famous for its music.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Music theory or not, I don't think it's be all end all for Skull Kid, botw was always going to be a focus, and Zelda while having music on the website never had a blog update. And it's Zelda, if any franchise was going to get two songs it Zelda. It's very famous for its music.
It's highly unlikely we will see another Zelda song. There are only 10 weeks left (thus 10 remaining songs). Sakurai probably wants the Music list on the website to be as diverse as possible. There are still many franchises that don't have a music song yet (for instance Star Fox, Earthbound, Xenoblade, Wario, Kid Icarus, Sonic, Wii Fit, Pac Man,..), but they will get one eventually.

I don't think Skull Kid will be in the game as a fighter (only maybe as a boss), but I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
This hinges entirely on the extremely off chance that Gamefreak for the first time ever doesn't demand they have a new shillmon in Smash Bros.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This hinges entirely on the extremely off chance that Gamefreak for the first time ever doesn't demand they have a new shillmon in Smash Bros.
...which, considering that Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are returning, is not outside the realm of possibility...

Granted, Pichu was easy to build off of Pika’s assets. But Squirtle and Ivysaur? They needed to be pretty well rebuilt from scratch since the only animations are ten years old.

There’s also the fact that the timing is really poor here. Gen 7 is done, gen 8 is around the corner, so a gen 7 advertisement is not well timed. Add to that that gen 7 was pretty short so it also missed the ballot, and the timing is just bad all around.

Now I am just playing Devil’s Advocate here. I’m fully expecting that the characters that have been leaked and constantly mentioned without spoiler tags are the ones, and neither really really hypes me (at least they don’t annoy me...). But there’s always the chance Sakurai’s got something up his sleeve.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon is really a 50/50 chance, the three returning veterans could be the breaking point, however with vergeben, I have a hard time doubting his credibility given that he's gotten every single thing right so far, of course that could change, though at this current point in time it seems unlikely, at least to me.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What a glorious time to be alive. A Smash without an arbitrary Pokémon inclusion! Shame that isn't going to happen, and that ugly cat will be playable (again, why not the grass-type owl instead if you want to put yet another Pokémon in Smash or even Eevee, who is extremely popular, but for some reason is just a Poké Ball Pokémon again).

Oh well, maybe I am wrong, but the idea of another Pokémon playable and Dixie not being playable doesn't sit right with me. :073:

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
It might not be Incineroar, but I'd be willing to bet money we'll get a new Pokemon in the base game. We always have.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Believing the music theory (that again, is just a theory based on completely circunstancial stuff) over believing we'll get a new Pokemon in a new smash game makes no sense.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Believing the music theory (that again, is just a theory based on completely circunstancial stuff) over believing we'll get a new Pokemon in a new smash game makes no sense.
Muh patterns are so much better than yer patterns.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I actually like the Pokemon reps, I think they are some of the most unique looking characters in Smash. I just also think Zelda desrves as many reps due to how massive and diverse the Zelda series is.

All Hail Me

Sarge
I actually like the Pokemon reps, I think they are some of the most unique looking characters in Smash. I just also think Zelda desrves as many reps due to how massive and diverse the Zelda series is.
The problem is Zelda has a lot of one offs outside of the main 3 triforce holders. I would love more but I think we will only get one. Skull kid due to popularity and being in 3 games, or Impa, since she is often a character throughout the series.

I doubt Tingle or Beedle will ever get in even though they are recurring due to, well, them being Tingle and Beedle. Vaati is a little too obscure for most non hardcore Zelda fans IMO, and probably doesn't have a shot either.
The only other recurring characters I can think of right now is disembodied hand in the toilet guy and the great deku tree, and as interesting as they seem, I am going to write them off too.

However, we are years from getting a newcomer so I believe we will get at least one, and I hope it is Skull Kid.

EDIT: unless of course disembodied hand in the toilet guy is Master hand, in which case, we had a Zelda rep the whole time!

Last edited:

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
The problem is Zelda has a lot of one offs outside of the main 3 triforce holders. I would love more but I think we will only get one. Skull kid due to popularity and being in 3 games, or Impa, since she is often a character throughout the series.

I doubt Tingle or Beedle will ever get in even though they are recurring due to, well, them being Tingle and Beedle. Vaati is a little too obscure for most non hardcore Zelda fans IMO, and probably doesn't have a shot either.
The only other recurring characters I can think of right now is disembodied hand in the toilet guy and the great deku tree, and as interesting as they seem, I am going to write them off too.

However, we are years from getting a newcomer so I believe we will get at least one, and I hope it is Skull Kid.

EDIT: unless of course disembodied hand in the toilet guy is Master hand, in which case, we had a Zelda rep the whole time!
Man, if we got Tingle I would die of laughter.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Tingle has always been one of those weird characters that scares me. When I see him... I can't help but feel weirded out. xD

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
It sucks that Zelda getting a newcomer has been deconfirmed by both the music theory

And the sakurai hates Zelda theory

But for dlc us the Zelda fanbase should band together and demand pig ganon and a zora and goron rep

Skull kid probs a spirits boss

Also skull kids only been in 4 games

Zora in every 3d Zelda except skyward sword plus many 2d

Gorons in every 3d Zelda plus many 2d

Zora been playable twice
Gorons 3 times (phantom hour glass is the 3rd one)

Skull kid only once

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
There's no chance we're getting three Zelda characters in DLC. And even if we did, none of those would be my choice. We'll be lucky to get one.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

Yeah same. The only ones I was really hyped upon the announcement were Mewtwo and Bayonetta (even if Roy and Ryu also ended up being really fun to me)

The thing is, DLC needs to sell by itself, and third-parties are the best choice for that since they're often highly popular/recognizable. Skull Kid would be a good first-party choice tho considering those factors. But in any case, I'll think of DLC further only when the game launches since I want Skull Kid right out the box :p

Skull kid probs a spirits boss
Why though? The only person to bring that up was that LeakyPandy twitter (with no track record I know whatsoever) and ppl for some reason started to doubt Skull Kid as playable

Last edited:
So.... Skull Kid's chances are really 50/50 at this point.

The furniture theory and assist trophy are the only thing holding him up since none of the credible leakers have mentioned him. Also it seems like we're pretty much at the finish line already regarding newcomers so the spots are growing thin.

If he's not revealed in October then he's not playable honestly. I've pretty much accepted it now and it's only fair that I did since it was only recently that I even had any faith for him.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So.... Skull Kid's chances are really 50/50 at this point.

The furniture theory and assist trophy are the only thing holding him up since none of the credible leakers have mentioned him. Also it seems like we're pretty much at the finish line already regarding newcomers so the spots are growing thin.

If he's not revealed in October then he's not playable honestly. I've pretty much accepted it now and it's only fair that I did since it was only recently that I even had any faith for him.
This is what I've been trying to say.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
If the demand is there, I don't see why Skull Kid wouldn't be a possibility.
This just makes me really happy. Majora's Mask, my favourite Zelda game, hearing over and over that Skull Kid is just an one-shot character and will never make it into Smash. Look how the tables have tabled. I know it's tables have turned, but for the lolz.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I mean, that's just wrong since TECHNICALLY he's been in three games.
I know, right?
But, Skull Kid is only famous because of the ... mask, they say.

I think Majora's Mask on Skull Kid is the most iconic, and the one who grants more moveset potential, but I like Skull Kid with or without the mask.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Its been stated that Sakurai has stated to expect the rest of newcomer announcements at a slower pace? The wait for Skull Kid's confirmation is even more terrible, unless its been in our ** faces this whole time.

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
1.)Pig ganon
2.)Mipha, ruto echo
3.)Daruk, darunia echo
4.)Urbosa
5.)Revalli (medli is too small to be an echo unfortunately )
6.)Midna
7.)Tingle
8.)Skull kid
9.)Deku princess
10.)Vaati

The order I want Zelda new comers

Top Bottom