• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think Kirby is perfectly represented as it is, and I absolutely love the Kirby series.

Smash Apprentice
RIP in pieces Music Theory, you will not be missed. There's literally been a new Pokemon rep for every Smash Bros game, and 4 was the only one that didn't introduce multiple.

This is great news for a potential new Zelda rep.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Dismiss as in reddit is stoopid with bad taste and I'm salty :p
I think there's something worth talking about here. Dee and his fandom have a terrible reputation due to botters, toxicity, salt, and trolling, and this hurt Dee's popularity a solid deal, as several people have turned against him for explicitly that reason, and even ardent Dee supporters are disappointed in those responsible. Now, I wouldn't judge a character just because some of his fans are petty - that just encourages false-flagging and is also unfair towards the vast majority of fans that aren't toxic - but plenty of people do precisely that, and it's tough to deny that Dee fans have been responsible for more toxic behavior than most others.

That's not to say that you're toxic or that you don't have the right to be salty (frankly, I'm pretty sure you were just joking, just wanted to mention this here anyway), but I think that you might want to keep some perspective and understand that whether you like it or not, your words and actions reflect on the demographics under which you fall - insulting another community might not be the most prudent course of action if you're trying to support this character.

After all, it's not unreasonable to think that this kind of toxicity might have turned off the seven people that would have allowed Dee to beat Lloyd,

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I think there's something worth talking about here. Dee and his fandom have a terrible reputation due to botters, toxicity, salt, and trolling, and this hurt Dee's popularity a solid deal, as several people have turned against him for explicitly that reason, and even ardent Dee supporters are disappointed in those responsible. Now, I wouldn't judge a character just because some of his fans are petty - that just encourages false-flagging and is also unfair towards the vast majority of fans that aren't toxic - but plenty of people do precisely that, and it's tough to deny that Dee fans have been responsible for more toxic behavior than most others.

That's not to say that you're toxic or that you don't have the right to be salty (frankly, I'm pretty sure you were just joking, just wanted to mention this here anyway), but I think that you might want to keep some perspective and understand that whether you like it or not, your words and actions reflect on the demographics under which you fall - insulting another community might not be the most prudent course of action if you're trying to support this character.

After all, it's not unreasonable to think that this kind of toxicity might have turned off the seven people that would have allowed Dee to beat Lloyd,
One bad egg does spoil the whole bunch after all.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Imo, the only reason Bandana Dee fans might come off as poor is because they have to put up with terrible excuses in the first place.

Such as:
He's unimportant (false)
His moveset would be boring (Clearly lacks imagination)
Kirby is fine with 3 (Any franchise is fine with any amount I guess)
And the worst, Goomba with a hat (Waddle Dee =/= Goomba, they're way more significant and respected in the Kirby series)

Any way this is Skull Kid board, we should be happy that music theory just got served a massive blow. And why excuses made for Gen7 Pokemon can be made for Skull Kid

cybersai

Smash Ace
Music theory helps Skull Kid because now it doesn't matter new Zelda music was uploaded. Incineroar is likely happening too, so the music theory is dead.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't expecting exciting news like this to drop, I was always worried in the back of my mind when it came to the music theory, so I'm glad to see it potentially deconfirmed, which is a huge plus for Skull Kid, and a lot of other characters as well.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
With this wonderful news, the moon is certainly shining brighter than ever.
Wouldn't you say so?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't believe Crash will be on the base roster, nor the Octolings.

Crash will almost certainly be DLC though!

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice

I don't think BWD's fans are toxic at all, they might have a few rotten apples like every fandom does, but I think the main problem with them is that a lot of people don't understand the character at all. I myself was a BWD hater back in the days of the Smash ballot and I didn't understand at all why he had such a huge following, but when I finally decided to look into his character I changed my mind about him I learned to make gather better judgements before bashing a character so carelessly.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
I don't think BWD's fans are toxic at all, they might have a few rotten apples like every fandom does, but I think the main problem with them is that a lot of people don't understand the character at all. I myself was a BWD hater back in the days of the Smash ballot and I didn't understand at all why he had such a huge following, but when I finally decided to look into his character I changed my mind about him I learned to make gather better judgements before bashing a character so carelessly.
As I said in my comment, I don't think they are either - but some people will inevitably judge the fandom at large by the actions of a few, and being aware of that fact when representing the fandom helps prevent potential toxicity or prejudice down the road.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Vomits this out for all you to see http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432991643
What do you think, fellas?
The run down is:
Newcomers; Geno, Incineroar, Lip, Bandanna Dee, Skull Kid, Crash Bandicoot, Steve
Echoes; Ken, Shadow, Impa, Octoling, Medusa
A pretty good roster, with some room for improvement.

Still, Crash and Steve being in and especially that whole ‘guy got thrown in prison’ bit scream fake. Though I chuckled a little.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Thank god that stupid music theory got BTFO. Amazing how fans try to make their own rules based on perceived patterns well into the 5th entry in this series lmao.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Skull Kid
Isaac
Shantae
Geno

I believe are all going to be in the base roster based on evidence (including tin foil hat evidence) Yeah these are all characters I want (mainly because I gravitate towards popular characters), so I am biased, but I think I have a good reason to believe that they are all in.

Also can someone explain what the music theory was?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Vomits this out for all you to see http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432991643
What do you think, fellas?
The run down is:
Newcomers; Geno, Incineroar, Lip, Bandanna Dee, Skull Kid, Crash Bandicoot, Steve
Echoes; Ken, Shadow, Impa, Octoling, Medusa
Never believe a leak that pretends to know the reasoning behind why characters were included, Sakurai would literally have to sit down and tell this guy everything for him to know about it. I can assure you even most of the developers don't know why Sakurai has done this or that, they just have to do their job.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Skull Kid
Isaac
Shantae
Geno

I believe are all going to be in the base roster based on evidence (including tin foil hat evidence) Yeah these are all characters I want (mainly because I gravitate towards popular characters), so I am biased, but I think I have a good reason to believe that they are all in.

From what I gathered it was people assuming that since a series hasn't gotten more than one song on the Smash website, that that meant that any series with music on the site now would not get a newcomer since every newcomer gets their music on the website after their reveal. Since the latest was a Pokemon track, the music theory is most likely dead since Incineroar is, I guess, "a lock and for sure".

All Hail Me

Sarge
I honestly can not wait for this game and I wish I could play the demo going around. (Unfortunately, I currently do not live in the states at the moment, and I doubt a demo will come to Palau) I would absolutely love skull kid, but will settle for any zelda rep at this point.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, Skull Kid or no Skull Kid, I can't say I'm not satisfied with the roster already. Everyone is here and pretty much every newcomer has been a hit for me (well, so far anyway, verg is NOT a sign of good things to come).

It's a shame it's been so frontloaded with reveals though, and with leaks running rampant it's draining a lot of the hype from this pre-release, and the blog is doing nothing to help. I miss pic of the day, at least the had personality, it was enough to keep me going anyway.

Mike Cometa

Smash Rookie
Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff weren't in SsE because they were added close to the end of development. That's also why Sonic's role was so small
Sonic wasn´t added at the end of the game, if you go to the smash ultimate official site Sonic is number 39 which goes before ROB and King Dedede who had a big role in SSE so I think that the reason why he appear at the end of the story is because they wanted to make the most epic reveal possible for one of the most hype characters in Smash history

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sonic wasn´t added at the end of the game, if you go to the smash ultimate official site Sonic is number 39 which goes before ROB and King Dedede who had a big role in SSE so I think that the reason why he appear at the end of the story is because they wanted to make the most epic reveal possible for one of the most hype characters in Smash history
The game was literally delayed to add Sonic because he wasn't on the original roster. The character numbers are listed in order of reveal, not in order of having been added.

Sonic's role in SsE is because he was a late addition.

Unrelated, with Sakurai's statements about character reveals, I'm doubling down (more like quadrupling down, at this point) on the need to accept that Skull Kid might not be in the game. Make peace with it now.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The ordering on the website I'm pretty sure is based on order the characters were revealed. Not when they were physically added to the game

Fane

Smash Journeyman
So Sakurai said the pace of character reveals is going to slow down a lot now, so expecting a bunch more is crazy.

For some reason in the replies to the tweet I'm seeing a lot of people saying he's hinting at Skull Kid in it?

Here's the tweet Source Gaming made, I can't really figure out how it would hint towards Skull Kid unfortunately.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So Sakurai said the pace of character reveals is going to slow down a lot now, so expecting a bunch more is crazy.

For some reason in the replies to the tweet I'm seeing a lot of people saying he's hinting at Skull Kid in it?

Here's the tweet Source Gaming made, I can't really figure out how it would hint towards Skull Kid unfortunately.
The picture in the tweet is the moon

UserKev

Smash Champion
Here's my ideal Skull Kid move set I basically been working on for awhile. I left out the taunts because that's been done so much. His Recovery isn't important to me right now.

Neutral A. Skull Kid rapidly harms the foe with using the ocarina as if a woodpecker is pecking into a tree, ending with a singular peck.

Neutral B. Skull Kid throws the ocarina, returning akin to a boomerang.

Air Down A. While in the air, Skull Kid immediately positions his angle, whapping downwards with Majora's tentacles. The tentacle repeat is the same for Skull Kid's Air Up A by position.

Forward Air A. Skull Kid shoots a deku nut from his flute.

Forward A Smash. Skull Kid summons a smaller Moon that act as a tackler.

Down A Smash. Skull Kid summons a smaller moon from above, slamming the moon on to the stage, force knocking back the foe at a close enough range from the attack, slammed in flames when directly under.

Up A Smash. Skull Kid uses Majora's tentacles as a lifter, power kicking the foe upward, similar to Fox's Up Air.

Down B. Skull Kid jumps on to the foe with force, pummeling the foe into the ground, flipping backwards.

Grab Pummel. While holding the foe, Tatl and Tael will rapidly hit the foe depending on the length.

Forward Throw. Skull Kid backflip kicks the foe forward.

Back Throw. Skull Kid grabs the foe with Majora's tentacle and angles the foe upward, flip kicking the foe backwards.

Up Throw. Skull Kid grabs the foe with Majora's tentacles and angles the foe, kicking upward.

Down Throw. Skull Kid rapidly pummels/whips the foe on to the ground, using Majora's tentacles, ending with Majora hitting the foe with both tentacles.

I left out the Deku Curse and Laser because their too predictable, feels overused and tedious.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So you gave him ZSS's down B and a boomerang like the three Links and K. Rool, but some of his actual moves are overused and predictable?

UserKev

Smash Champion
So you gave him ZSS's down B and a boomerang like the three Links and K. Rool, but some of his actual moves are overused and predictable?
If you like the Deku Curse and Laser, that's you. They aren't my thing. Skull Kid's Down B function would look completely different and the boomerang ocarina is actually a form of playful "I can do it, to." mockery to Link's.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kid
Isaac
Shantae
Geno

Shantae is highly unlikely. And I'm really starting to doubt Isaac lately due to the lack of newcomers left. Geno is only possible due to the Mii outfit last time and Sakurai wanting him and the Square rep rumor from Vergeben.

I'm only expecting 3 newcomers at the most left, and one is Incineroar. So only 2 more characters. People really are getting carried away expecting a ton of newcomers. I hope Skull kid is one of them but I know good and well he may not be playable either.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace

To be fair, did anyone really expect a BUNCH of new newcomers at this point? We're almost two months from launch at this point. I just expect that last Smash Direct in, let's say, Novemeber. Then launch and the wait for DLC begins. My biggest take away from all this is that I'm shocked the game is "still being developed". I'd imagine they'd basically be done since we're so close to launch.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think something just hit me

One of skull kids tricks during smash 4 days was reverse all players directions

The Rampling evil mushroom does the same thing except it’s a gun version

So maybe being replaced by two things

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, did anyone really expect a BUNCH of new newcomers at this point? We're almost two months from launch at this point. I just expect that last Smash Direct in, let's say, Novemeber. Then launch and the wait for DLC begins. My biggest take away from all this is that I'm shocked the game is "still being developed". I'd imagine they'd basically be done since we're so close to launch.
The wait for the DLC will be far less painful because we will have our hands on this wonderful game to pass the time.

Last edited:

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Call me crazy, but I predict the smash direct is happening on October. The perfect month for the announcement of Skull Kid. And imagine how hilarious it would be if we also got OCTOlings as an echo fighter at OCTOber

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Call me crazy, but I predict the smash direct is happening on October. The perfect month for the announcement of Skull Kid. And imagine how hilarious it would be if we also got OCTOlings as an echo fighter at OCTOber
And it would go in line with sakurais statement about the pacing of the character reveals, I believe he meant dont expect a reveal every month, perhaps there isn't a enough content or time for 2 smash directs up until now and release, so he is just preparing us for the painful month that is November, but this October direct will be crazy, revealing all remaining characters in a huge blowout while revealing the last five stages and talking about spirits and some other nitty gritty details about the game.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Crossing my fingers here. I just want this damn month to be over already! lol

Top Bottom