• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARVEL Mafia - Over - Tomjester wins! - Inactivity abandoned

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Nod. If a person had a power role, it would be revealed upon their death.

Moderator seriously stresses that going off Civil War alone is a flawed strategy. Character names are still only names, and roles are what is important.

That being said, have fun.

"After all, your lives are on the line. Your identities and former alliances have been compromised. This is no world of Marvel superheroes. This is… Marvel Mafia."

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
They killed Mr.Lombardi after Tom said he was mafia, along with the other two. I think it's likely that at least one of those guys is mafia (if not both of them), and they killed the one non-mafia to try and clear all of them, as a "see that link was wrong" thing. Not that I'm going to vote for anyone, I've barely read since Tom roleclaimed.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Actually, I'm going to vote for Pikachunnoob, because his latest post, right after McCloud's, was trying to change discussion to something that matters nothing at all.

Vote: Pikachunnooob

Now I'm going to go read in depth what happened

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well all the discussion was about Tom and Lombardii, and neither are very useful right now. However, Pikachun was attacked for bandwagon and not backing up his votes, which coincides with my old post.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
They killed Mr.Lombardi after Tom said he was mafia, along with the other two. I think it's likely that at least one of those guys is mafia (if not both of them), and they killed the one non-mafia to try and clear all of them, as a "see that link was wrong" thing.
That's a weird plan, it would fall apart so easily if we just lynched one of the other players on that guilty list. Besides, it's not like <3 or pikachun00b7 are cleared, so why would the mafia expect us to just write them off as innocent in the first place?

Then again, the mafia could consist of other players and they were hoping that we would believe what you suggested so we would lynch townies.

I also think it's possible that a vigilante or SK killed Mr. Lombardi. They may have believed Tom's list, and the mafia didn't use a nightkill to keep us in a slump on Day 2.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
What is this? :(

Actually, I'm going to vote for Pikachunnoob, because his latest post, right after McCloud's, was trying to change discussion to something that matters nothing at all.

Vote: Pikachunnooob

Now I'm going to go read in depth what happened
Changed the direction of the discussion? First off, there was no serious discussion. I just casually posted hoping that McCain Mccloud will confirm that Breakwing's inference was correct(though he posted before I was finished.) Bedsides, we will discuss Tom and Lombardi throughout Day 2 I am sure. I think if there is someone here who is distracting us, it is YOU. You brought attention to me on such small reasoning, anyway.

Well all the discussion was about Tom and Lombardii, and neither are very useful right now. However, Pikachun was attacked for bandwagon and not backing up his votes, which coincides with my old post.
I have made three votes on day 1: BreakWing, Lance, then Tom.
My vote on BreakWing was a joke vote on early Day 1.

Then I voted for Lance with THIS reason, I had posted(Also a reason to vote Tom):
C'mon man!
To some degree, I believe in Tom. However, he could be a bluffing Mafia member. It is possible that he knew that we won't actually vote for him. Instead, we would put him in our townie list, permanently. And if he is Mafia, then we are screwed. It would be too risky NOT to vote for him.

However, if we do lynch him and he is townie, then we accomplished nothing. The result will just agree with our guess. If we lynch someone other than Tom, then we will get information. Although, there is a level of uncertainty of Tom's Townness if we do lynch someone else.
This is a very hard decision to make.

However, I will take a risk for now. Lance has made suspicious posts. If Tom is right about Lance's experience, then I wonder what is happening. Red is right, Lance needs explain himself.

Vote: Lance
Later I realized it was too risky to vote Lance as opposed to Tom.(I truly believed that Tom was Town aligned at that time.)
My reasoning is given in the above quote and the below one.

I would like a lynch before monday. Lance's prediction is not strong enough to assume he is scum, anyway. I said on my post (the one where I voted Lance) that voting either Lance or Tom had their pros&cons. So I did not think that I had to give a reason for my vote for Tom since I already did. I just decided to take less of a risk on Day 1. Nothing wrong with that.
:ohwell::ohwell::confused:

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That's a weird plan, it would fall apart so easily if we just lynched one of the other players on that guilty list. Besides, it's not like <3 or pikachun00b7 are cleared, so why would the mafia expect us to just write them off as innocent in the first place?
It's been used before, where there is a list of correct mafia and one townie, so the mafia go for the townie to clear the other. I remember it being in the first mafia we had here (I did it), then I remember it again being used somewhere else, maybe in SPMafia or Trigun.

Then again, the mafia could consist of other players and they were hoping that we would believe what you suggested so we would lynch townies.
True, that is very possible.

I also think it's possible that a vigilante or SK killed Mr. Lombardi. They may have believed Tom's list, and the mafia didn't use a nightkill to keep us in a slump on Day 2.
That's also possible, but I think it's incredibly unlikely that the mafia would not use their night kill, since it's the only real way they can win. It's more likely that the/a vigilante would withhold their kill then the mafia, but maybe the mafia was doc blocked.

Changed the direction of the discussion? First off, there was no serious discussion. I just casually posted hoping that McCain Mccloud will confirm that Breakwing's inference was correct(though he posted before I was finished.) Bedsides, we will discuss Tom and Lombardi throughout Day 2 I am sure. I think if there is someone here who is distracting us, it is YOU. You brought attention to me on such small reasoning, anyway.
You know, you're right. Your post was less then a minute apart from McClouds. My bad.

But on the second part, no. Bringing attention to someone else, when no one else is being discussed, is never a distraction.

Unvote: Pikachunoob7

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I have to make a read through but I feel like Lombardi's death is a slip-up on the Mafia's part. Didn't he make connections with people on day one. I feel like I read something important. Give me till tomorrow. or technically later today.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
The important thing to focus on is that some or all of the mafia must have bit on his roleclaim, and needed him dead. A confirmed townie would be very dangerous if the doctor was committed to saving him. But on the other hand a confirmed town later in the game is even worse because there is less time to get rid of him, a wasted late game lynch, and less people for the doctor to save other than him.

This develops into a WIFOM argument that none of us can discern an appropriate answer. Lynch him now and him taken down to one lynch early in game and take oppurtunities to NK him later, try and shot for the deadline and hope a doctor doesn't protect him, or leave him alone until, later in the game.

Well, the best I found was <3's attempt to go for every angle. It doesnt pick a single mafia option, but all of them. Combined with his threatening sentences which says to me he's thinking mainly about ways to get rid of tom and (I know this is metagaming and can be effected by outside activities) his great disparity in activity between this game and hellhouse, I think there is very high likelihood that tom is mafia.

(Also this is way out there, but his forgetting to bold entirely makes me feel like he was distracted or nervous when he made the post, his precision was shown in hellhous with a rather annoying role restriction, i dont think he'd make that mistake unless he was flustered)

I'll express my fears here agian. Tom is mafia and this is an elaborate trap made to gain our trust and have our doctor role(s) waste their abilitie(s) on him and give the mafia free shots at other important players.

That said I have no issue voting for Tom now this way if he gets out of line later he is easier to get rid of in the future.

unvote: pikachunoob
vote: Tom
Vote: <3

What do you guys think?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Let's not only look at the people whom Tom mentioned as Anti-Town, don't be one tracked, but at least both of you guys both defended it :D. I personally think Pikachun00b MIGHT not be mafia and more just stupid. Not sure though.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think you thought and typed way to much. And then you came up with the decision that Tom is mafia? or did I just misunderstand you?

Tom is dead and he was an independent. He was a fool and wanted/needed to get lynched. He achieved his goal and won the game. We are all just fighting for 2nd place now.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
You know what I think we should do? I think the cop should claim and just have the doc protect him every night.

I realize that you guys playing on this site, as opposed to epicmafia aren't going to take too kindly to this idea and it might get me lynched but just think about it.

The cop claims and gives his innocent reports while the doc protects him and we start getting people cleared, or we take the risk of the mafia randomly lynching the cop and losing all info.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
The mafia could lynch the doctor(s)/bodyguards(s) and that whole plan would go to waste.

It's smarter if the cop waits later on in the game 'till he finds a mafia, then try to make a case against the mafia without telling the people that he's the cop, only giving his role away when necessary.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Lance's idea is pretty solid if this was epic mafia and if we could whisper. Even in epicmafia, I hate no whispers and having to directly claim. But the main difference between this and epic mafia is that we do not know the roles. Independants could appear as town and that wont help us at all.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The mafia could lynch the doctor(s)/bodyguards(s) and that whole plan would go to waste.

It's smarter if the cop waits later on in the game 'till he finds a mafia, then try to make a case against the mafia without telling the people that he's the cop, only giving his role away when necessary.
Ditto this. I've always been in favor of the cop waiting until it's necessary to claim. Anything else puts him at too great a risk.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've been intentionally lurking most of the game, trying a new style of play I suppose. I would like to see something.

vote: <3

Handorin

Smash Hero
I've been intentionally lurking most of the game, trying a new style of play I suppose. I would like to see something.

vote: <3
Fool has already been confirmed. You arnt it =P

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Man, I've been busy the past few days and I thought I was just too tired from work to understand what you guys have been saying. But now I think you're all just a little crazy. I don't think Tom's list is all that important. It could be linked to the mafia kill, but I'm surprised anybody's taking the list seriously. It was made by an independent on day 1.

As for Spam's post, the first half just confuses me. Could you rephrase it in a way so that I know who's you're talking about?

<3's play just now is pretty suspicious though, I gotta say. The "just lemme see something" then self-voting is a clear suggestion of some sort of role restriction.

And I also don't like Lance's suggestion. That strategy might work in C9 games where you know there's a cop and a doctor. But we might have an insane cop, or just no cop or doctor, or any number of roles which could screw that plan over.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
The important thing to focus on is that some or all of the mafia must have bit on tom's roleclaim, and needed tom dead due to a powerful ability. A confirmed townie would be very dangerous if the doctor was committed to saving him. But on the other hand a confirmed town later in the game is even worse because there is less time to get rid of him, a wasted late game lynch, and less people for the doctor to save other than tom.

This develops into a WIFOM argument, from the mafias point of view, that none of us can discern an appropriate answer. Lynch tom now and he's taken down to one lynch early in game and take oppurtunities to NK him later, try and shot for the deadline and hope a doctor doesn't protect tom, or leave tom alone until later in the game.

Well, the best I found was <3's attempt to go for every angle. It doesnt pick a single mafia option, but all of them. Combined with <3 threatening sentences which says to me he's thinking mainly about ways to get rid of tom and (I know this is metagaming and can be effected by outside activities) <3's great disparity in activity between this game and hellhouse, I think there is very high likelihood that <3 is mafia.

(Also this is way out there, but his forgetting to bold entirely makes me feel like he was distracted or nervous when he made the post, his precision was shown in hellhous with a rather annoying role restriction, i dont think he'd make that mistake unless he was flustered)

Vote: <3

What do you guys think?
Fixed. Also, I didn't base mt suspicions of tom's list in fact I skipped over that when I was reading cause I was so pissed. This is all original.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Crazy as this sound I believe self voting myself will help me determine mafia. That is why I'm voting myself.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Personally, I think Pikachunoob may be mafia. He doesn't have very many posts during the span over which McCloud was receiving night actions, meaning there was a good chance he wasn't on to give Mack the night kill. His reasons for suspecting Lance also seemed a little bogus and every time some one accuses him of misdirection he then accuses them of it. I think if a more experienced player/s was mafia and more into the game, then I think they would have given Mack their night vote sooner. There si the chance he could be cop or doc and taken too long for his night vote, but I find that much more unlikely.

So right now my biggest mafia hunch goes against Pikachunoob.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Anyone who can't figure out mediocre's role is borderline ********, and keep in mind that if you knew anything about the character, it fits the perfect model for paranoid cop.

Top Bottom