• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARVEL Mafia - Over - Tomjester wins! - Inactivity abandoned

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Ok guys, I can see that people were wondering about my little predictions.

Like I'm pretty sure i've already said (not too sure actually =/ ) it was based off of speculation. As for me putting 2 indy roles in, even in the second draft, is just common sense really. I'm pretty sure that most all of you would agree that in a game this big, there has to be at least 2 indy roles. 1 or 2 being my best guess (I emphasize guess, lol, you guys think too hard), but 3 would be pushing it.

As for Tom, he could possibly have been trying to divert attention away from himself, and then taking it back later because he second guessed himself, i dunno.

Request for official vote count please mackloud
Your speculation was completely unrealistic. A 6:8 Scum/Town ratio?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Your speculation was completely unrealistic. A 6:8 Scum/Town ratio?
I'm sorry, but that's not what he said at all.

3 mafia
2 ind
9 townies
Notice the difference. 2 Indys + 3 mafia does not equate to 6 scum AT ALL. For starters, 2+3=5, not 6. Then you have to remember that indys are NOT ALWAYS ANTI TOWN. You could have survivors, you could have indy scum-hunters.

Thats Mr.Lombardi34 demonizing Lance87 unfairly, and before that we had Mr.Lombardi34 rehashing obvious town information.

FoS: Mr.Lombardi34

Also, McCloud, I would appreciate it if you redid your vote count. tmw_redcell had two different votes on different people. =/

@Handorin: i was making a joke that you were Storm of the X-Men because you were talking about weather.

@Mediocre: I'm in a game right now on MafiaScum called Akatsuki Mafia, that follows the Akatsuki from Naruto. We had a player whose role was Kakashi, someone NOT in Akatsuki. He was in it to punish those who would possibly base their arguments solely on flavor text, because we would mis-lynch him because we thought he was scum. We shouldn't try to outguess the mod, and we shouldn't try to base our arguments off of flavor text. Have you noticed who McCloud is yet? The narrator? His presence in this game is obvious proof that we can't analyze like you are. Also, pertaining to your thoughts about a "pro-mafia bomb that kills townies when he dies," umm what? A pro-mafia bomb would either reward the mafia for poor play or punish the town for lynching scum. I don't see that happening in any game, ever.

But you're right about one thing, and that is that I'm beginning to push for my lynch very hard. Thats because I don't see the Day 1 going anywhere fast. I'm trying to provoke discussion by asking everyone questions, and so far all I've done is move Lance87 off my suspicions and Mr.Lombardi onto my scumdar. I think he's scum. But I've also come to realize that my plan my have a bit of a hole in it. I'm not immune to night kills. So if I don't get lynched Day 1, the Mafia will try to night kill me because they know I'm not scum. The Mafia know who they themselves are, so obviously they know I'm not scum, meaning they have to accept I'm a pro-town one-governor pardon type role. They're going to want to kill me during the night because I take someone off their list of people they can frame...

So once I'm confirmed town, I insist that a bodyguard or doctor protect me. A bodyguard would be better, so that if the Mafia attack me (which they should unless they think WIFOM: the bodyguard won't protect me) they have a chance of being killed.

@Virgilijus: Do me a favor, will you? Vote for me, and then unvote.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
@Mediocre: I'm in a game right now on MafiaScum called Akatsuki Mafia, that follows the Akatsuki from Naruto. We had a player whose role was Kakashi, someone NOT in Akatsuki. He was in it to punish those who would possibly base their arguments solely on flavor text, because we would mis-lynch him because we thought he was scum. We shouldn't try to outguess the mod, and we shouldn't try to base our arguments off of flavor text.
Again, I'm not claiming that you're lying. I'm saying that your roleclaim was one a mafia member might make, because at a glance, it seems like it would be way too risky for them to claim Wolverine. However, if you take into account the background of this game, it becomes only moderately risky, and therefore something a mafia member might do.

However, I now realize that my roleclaim, should I make it, would be equally weak, for similar (although not quite the same) reasons. So, really, I think that you're probably telling the truth. I just think that it wouldn't be out of the question for a mafia member to roleclaim Wolverine.

Have you noticed who McCloud is yet? The narrator? His presence in this game is obvious proof that we can't analyze like you are.
I'm not sure what your point is here. I was under the impression that McCloud was acting out the role of the "shadowy figure" he mentioned at the beginning of the game.

Also, pertaining to your thoughts about a "pro-mafia bomb that kills townies when he dies," umm what? A pro-mafia bomb would either reward the mafia for poor play or punish the town for lynching scum. I don't see that happening in any game, ever.
You're totally right here. That was quite stupid of me. A mafia bomb would be a horrible role in one of these games.

But you're right about one thing, and that is that I'm beginning to push for my lynch very hard. Thats because I don't see the Day 1 going anywhere fast. I'm trying to provoke discussion by asking everyone questions, and so far all I've done is move Lance87 off my suspicions and Mr.Lombardi onto my scumdar. I think he's scum.
I think I'm beginning to agree with you here.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
whoops

Unvote:<3

The mafia are playing there cards really tight. I am however tempted to kill this not voting guy, i mean only to more votes and hes dead.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Finally a lead on something.

Unvote
Vote Pikachunoob[/color]

This is more OOC then anything, but if anyone besides me or Tom frequents mafia scum they should realize that you don't need huge posts a lot of the time to generate discussion and such i like Mafiascum games because it seems they play a lot more fastpaced, just pointing that out =).

Handorin

Smash Hero
I registered and stuff over there a long time ago, I just never felt like taking the time to figure out how to join games. So I just read.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yeah, we should get crackin'.

Vote: Tom

Like I said, it's really unlikely that he's mafia, and I find the argument to lynch him more convincing than lynching anybody else, and I'm not for a no lynch. I still don't agree with his roleclaim this early, but what's done is done. Though I kinda wanna fanta lynch pikachun00b or Lombardi, it's really because I don't like their playstyles very much.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@Tom- Just to make sure i've got this straight, you're immune to a lynch, but not nightkills?

unvote: pikanoob
vote: Tom

Also, Tom's convinced me that something's up with Lombardi. Not to mention the fact that his arguments towards me were ********. I said a couple times that that stuff was sleepy rambling, for future reference, and based off of nothing factual. Someone that tries to make someone look scummy the way he has makes me very suspicious.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't understand it, you both feel there are reasons to vote for possible scum so instead we'd vote for the townie. I say go for the possible scum getting no information off of day 1 seems like kind of a waste.

also

FoS Mr Lombardi

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, I suppose lynching Tom is better than a no lynch. Either he is telling the truth, or this was a really good play by a Fool.

Vote: Tom

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I don't understand it, you both feel there are reasons to vote for possible scum so instead we'd vote for the townie. I say go for the possible scum getting no information off of day 1 seems like kind of a waste.

also

FoS Mr Lombardi
Well as of right now, we have a deadline in five hours and I seem to be the only count that would be able to make it in time.

Having a no lynch because of inactivity would be an incredible waste that almost EVERYONE has stated they are against. So I'm going to have to urge anyone who is not currently voting to do it before time runs out (which is TONIGHT).

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'll express my fears here agian. Tom is mafia and this is an elaborate trap made to gain our trust and have our doctor role(s) waste their abilitie(s) on him and give the mafia free shots at other important players.

That said I have no issue voting for Tom now this way if he gets out of line later he is easier to get rid of in the future.

unvote: pikachunoob
vote: Tom

I hate it when people vote just for the sake of it or to speed things up it is essentially the same as a no vote, but with the chance of taking a larger hit. We'll see how the games turns out.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Clarification for voting deadline: if majority has not been reached, no lynch will occur and it will move into night. You have until 10 PM Eastern, 9 PM Central on Monday 6/30.
Reposting for benifit. I noticed Tom missed this.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Reposting for benifit. I noticed Tom missed this.
Right; from the moment I am posting this, we have 10.5 hours until a deadline is reached and we get a no lynch, which is a failure. It doesn't matter if we're short one vote or six... though at this point, we would be short a single vote, and that would be disgusting. I would like to say that we came to a consensus around my plan, though I only really got about 4 votes in support. The reason why we should continue with the plan, however, is extremely simple and legitimate -- if we don't we get a no lynch. Its the closest thing we have to having actual activity, because the deadline does not accept pluralities as majorities.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I don't see much benefit from lynching Tom, but it's better than a no lynch I suppose.

I understand how I look guilty right now, but if you piece my actions together, its nothing completely different from normal day 1 behavior. I restated info once to back up my opinion, and then I attacked lance more than was necessary, and I messed up the scum/town ratio he predicted. As you've seen in day 1 of hellhouse, I attacked somebody (KevinM) heavily on day 1, and I was town. I know that's not much to go by, though. Also, I remembered that Lance had predicted 6:8 with scum and indies on the left, just like you, Tom, forgot the correct date of the deadline. I don't think anything I've done thus far marks me as scum.

And because of the deadline, I guess I'll Vote: Tom

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hey, look, I win the game. Its okay though, right Mr. Game Master? You can let them all keep playing for second place? After all, second place is the first loser.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count

Tomkitty (8): Tomkitty, Breakwing, pikachun00b7, Marshigio, Lance87, Handorin, <3, Mr.Lombardi
pikachun00b7 (1): KevinM
Lance87 (1): tmw_redcell
Not Voting (4): Virgilijus, Mediocre, Eor, Mr.Lombardi34

Its been fun, guys, but I’m no X-man. I lied to you all so that I could reach my own win condition. In any and every post before this, I was neither pro-town nor pro-scum. But I am going to leave you all with my own analysis of the game so far. I know that it has only been Day 1, and a rough one at that, and information has been limited. But I do like the list I have made. Take it with a grain of salt, as I am obviously infallible… but I’m not sheep like you all have been. If you don’t want to vote for someone, then don’t vote for someone. Don’t let anyone tell you what you have to do. Don’t let anyone tell you what plays are worthless, what situations are dire, or what actions are scummy. Determine these things for yourself and you will not get played by the scum. Remember that they know who their friends are – meaning the only thing that gives them an advantage is information. If you draw out the days with nothing but fluff, you will lose; but if you draw out the days long enough with legitimate discussion, then you narrow the information advantage that the scum have over you while keeping the strength in numbers that you have.

My list:

Pro-town: Virgilijus, Marshigio, Breakwing, Mediocre, KevinM, Lance87, Eor
Anti-town: Mr.Lombardi, Pikachunoob7, <3

/takes a bow

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Day 1 ends.

"Well well well, it seems that this crowd can't take a little joke. When it's dark and things cause a fright, a joke or two might make things right. But surely you jest, that's who you're going to kill tonight?"

The spotlight illuminates Deadpool, the jester.

"You're all sheep. Just because some idiot on a forum says to kill someone, doesn't mean you have to do it. I'm out. It's been fun."

The lights dim as Deadpool logs off of Smashboards.

"I hope that made you realize things might not be what they seem. Stay tuned in kids, it's going to be a real scream."

Night 1 begins. Please send your night actions. Deadline is 12 PM Eastern, 11 AM Central on Thursday July 3rd

edit - I realize some people might be going out of town for July 4th weekend. If the deadline is a problem please PM me and the deadline will be moved to Monday July 7th.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
"Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, to our fine game. I'm pleased to say that Day 2 will now begin. What's that you say? Who died in the night?"

A miniature figure takes form in the haze. It is an action figure from the first Spiderman movie. The figure's yellow eyes flash as our heroes hear a faint, recorded cackle.

"And here I thought Green Goblin was kind of a likeable guy. But you all can't say the same for Normie."

Mr. Lombardi34, Norman Osborne, killed Night 1. Town Aligned.

Day 2 begins.

"And here we..go."

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Does the fact that we didn't get any role description mean that he was just a vanilla townie?

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
Mr. Lombardi34, Norman Osborne, killed Night 1. Town Aligned.

Day 2 begins.

Whoa. Green Gob, town aligned? I didn't see that coming.

I think its safe to say any actual Marvel alignments have been thrown out, so if someone roleclaims we should not assume alignment

:/

Top Bottom