• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARVEL Mafia - Over - Tomjester wins! - Inactivity abandoned

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm not claiming my roe claim was a great move, but chances are I'm not going to be online much so there's not much hurt in it. And I don't know why you would rather have known my character as opposed to my role.

Also, McCloud: there aren't even enough active people to get a lynch vote :(

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Virg's move is an interesting one. it doesn't nessesarily hurt town and it doesn't make him a new target by any means since he has just a higher chance of lynching town than lynching mafia at the moment if you are going on sheer luck. It isn't certain death by any means at least not until he uses his lynch, but even then a doctor could protect him making a night kill attempt against him by the mafia a waste after he uses their role...

I think it was a bold play and through it I sure a lot of interesting thing will happen. I'm curious how others view the role reveal.

Oh... I hope everyones learned not to trust role reveals by now, but I have to say this because I know there are players who have.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think we should discuss a possible day kill from the Vig, he's a huge power role imo early in the game with that option.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, now that pikanoob is gone we either have to redecide if he was mafia or not. It's so hard to tell when people get replaced. =/
Not really. It might make you feel bad to lynch someone for actions the previous player in their role took, or things the previous player in that role said. However, that does not make your suspicions of that player (and therefore the role they occupied) any less valid. I still support lynching Lance, and I now support lynching smashman. It would make me feel like a bit of a jerk to lynch someone for something they didn't do, but that's the way the game works.

I think we should discuss a possible day kill from the Vig, he's a huge power role imo early in the game with that option.
Given the amount of difficulty we're having finding one person to lynch, I don't see how trying to kill two people in the day phase helps us any. It will probably just make the game more stagnant.

Honestly, I think either Virg should just use his kill on whoever he thinks is most likely to be mafia, or he should save it and the doctor should protect him tonight. I really don't see any benefit to him role revealing like he did, but oh well. Too late now. It stirred the game up a bit, at least.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I'm not claiming my roe claim was a great move, but chances are I'm not going to be online much so there's not much hurt in it. And I don't know why you would rather have known my character as opposed to my role.

Also, McCloud: there aren't even enough active people to get a lynch vote :(
You should claim your character role because if you claim a character that someone else has they'll know you're lying. If there's another vigilante they'll be pretty suspicious of you but it's not 100%.

Though I think a day kill could be pretty useful, if either we feel that there are two people we really want to lynch or if Jerkface McCloud refuses to budge on the deadline and we can't get enough votes together but there's a consensus among active players then you could just kill that guy if you wanted.

But frankly I'm pretty surprised at your roleclaim, and I definitely wouldn't consider killing someone on day 1 or 2.

Oh, and here's another thing we could do, if we get the deadline extended. We could vote for a guy for Virg to daykill, then we get an alignment confirmation. Then if that person is connected to someone else and the guy we kill is mafia then we'd have a case against them too. But I don't think we have any major connections right now. But that plan would have worked in Tomafia on day 2 if I were a vigilante instead of a doctor, when there were 2 cop claims and one other guy on each side.

Although Virg, if you're thinking of killing someone tonight, and you obviously are since you asked the doctor not to protect you since it'd be a waste once you've used your ability, why not just kill them during the day? That you don't have to worry about things that can go wrong with the kill from other people's abilities.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
You know, now that I think about it, we could just lynch smashman and daykill Lance. Or the other way around.

Does anyone really believe that they are innocent? Or does Lance have any reasoning behind his actions? If so, please voice them now, before I start pushing hard for your lynch.

I know smashman can't explain pikachunoob's actions, which is a pity, but doesn't make me any less distrustful of him. It really is annoying when someone who is under suspicion leaves the game like that.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@mediocre- I've been real busy lately and dont have a lot of time to read the thread/care too much. Please summarize what you're planning on pushing my lynch for, otherwise I dont really have anything to say.

As for what I was saying about the cop coming out, it's stupid as hell to say "what if the doc is killed if the cop comes out." You know why? Because what if the cop is killed tonight because he doesnt have protection?

Starting to get people cleared through the cop before he gets random killed would be a plus =/

@ Marshigio (i think)- Jester = fool. Tom said something along the lines of "I let my self get killed to fulfill my win condition." Same exact thing in my book.

Regardless of whether there is a watcher/tracker in this game, the cop revealing themselves now and us no-lynching because we're more than likely to waste a townie is a good way to go.

If you guys want to kill me then go ahead, because I'm not a power role, so maybe you'll take my advice after you see that i'm not mafia.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
well, I would say go for lance, smashman, or <3.

I'm wondering where eors been lately, right now he's the only person i really trust.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lance is playing exactly how I play mafia on other boards. Just active disinterest, I don't care enough about this thread if you goes won't listen to logic and just have the cop reveal. if you don't care why do you want the cop to reveal so bad.

Just in case I have a vote on someone
unvote
Vote:Lance

also

Move to request Day Kill on Smashman

You say two deaths won't do much Medi, but with the lack of activity finding connections will be a huge plus for any of the townies in this game, as well as both of these players giving out scum vibes, if we have a mislynch and a wrong night kill the town is still in the lead, as it seems there is no other killer out if I remember correctly. So if they're are 2-3 mafia in this game, that still puts them at 7/10 or 8/10 and they'd have to play near perfect as the roles are revealed.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I agree with a lance vote just based on his last two posts.

I disagree with a day kill

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
That's cool. This Day'll be over soon and you guys will see that i've been telling the truth from the start. Maybe you'll believe me next time something crazy like this happens in a mafia game.
If you guys want to kill me then go ahead, because I'm not a power role, so maybe you'll take my advice after you see that i'm not mafia.
It still isn't convincing.

2 Situations:
No Claim- He doesnt claim, so the mafia kill "randomly" again. It's just as likely for them to find the cop as it is another power role.

Claim- The cop claims. The mafia might night kill him, but it is likely there is a doctor or watcher, so they dont out of fear of a waste. So they kill someone else. It could be a power role, or it may not. My guess, if there is a watcher, then there is a doc. If a cop claims now, doc should protect him and the watcher watches a random person to possibly find mafia.
If he doesn't claim, power roles can help themselves to avoid getting killed by the mafia. I doubt the cop will put himself in danger so early in the game, for good reason too. Again, I still think he should make a case against a mafia or independent later on without giving away his role, if he can. I doubt him or the watcher, if there is one, will reveal anytime soon. Just because watchers and jesters commonly appear together in EpicMafia (I think that's why you assume that there is a watcher) doesn't mean you should push for this plan where it's possible that a watcher isn't even present. Especially not when it puts a bullseye on the cop and the doc has to constantly use his protection on the cop when the mafia can just run rampant and kill other townies.

However, near the end of the day, we could just suggest who should be investigated during the night and hope that the cop will listen. The same thing we seem to be doing with the vigilante.

As for what I was saying about the cop coming out, it's stupid as hell to say "what if the doc is killed if the cop comes out." You know why? Because what if the cop is killed tonight because he doesnt have protection?
The cop can help himself by not making himself a big target. Looking at the first situation, where the doc is killed and the cop comes out, we lose 2 helpful roles. In the second situation where the cop is killed, at least the doc will be around to help others who may roleclaim, like Virgilijus has done.

Starting to get people cleared through the cop before he gets random killed would be a plus =/
What if the cop is paranoid or naive or any of the other variations where he gets false reports? We'd be running the risk of keeping mafia/independents around thinking they're townies. There are ways to "test" if the cop is sane, but they'd be wasting days and nights if we wanted to be 100% sure, and he'd be dead by the end of the game. It's unlikely that the only cop in the game would be any of those variations, but after seeing a jester, I don't know what to think.

More headaches arise if there are multiple cops, one "counterclaims", some night killer kills one of them thinking they're lying after a big argument, and we lose a townie. Or some other annoying situation.

Vote: Lance87, for pushing this doomed plan, it could fall apart too easily. As for the no lynch, nothing good comes out of it, just a repeat of the previous day. Yes, we will most likely lynch a townie, but later on in the game we can look back at who voted for you, as at least part of the mafia almost always place their vote(s) on the townie to be lynched. You gots some 'splainin to do, but I may take my vote off later, depending on how you respond and what else arises on Day 1.

Like <3, I disagree with a daykill. Virgilijus, it seems that you're set on using your kill, since you said you have a list of people and don't want to be protected tonight. If you must use your role this early in the game, you might as well give them a chance to defend themselves and say who before going through with it. Though I request that you just save it.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Not really. It might make you feel bad to lynch someone for actions the previous player in their role took, or things the previous player in that role said. However, that does not make your suspicions of that player (and therefore the role they occupied) any less valid. I still support lynching Lance, and I now support lynching smashman. It would make me feel like a bit of a jerk to lynch someone for something they didn't do, but that's the way the game works.
You're wrong. Different people have different playstyles, remember that Natirasha guy that ruined our earlier game? He would act scummy even though he was a townie. Couldn't it been possible that Pikanoob might've been trying something like that (I kinda find it unlikely, but it's possible) or maybe he's just not a great player. I am also thinking that Pikanoob might've tried to kill himself because of his character. And if you're gonna kill me, then you're just gonna make yourself scummy since you started the idea to lynch me when I haven't done anything yet.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I am also thinking that Pikanoob might've tried to kill himself because of his character. And if you're gonna kill me, then you're just gonna make yourself scummy since you started the idea to lynch me when I haven't done anything yet.
Dude, smashman you do this all the time. You make these weird role hints that just drive me nuts, I don't know why, but they just do.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You're wrong. Different people have different playstyles, remember that Natirasha guy that ruined our earlier game? He would act scummy even though he was a townie. Couldn't it been possible that Pikanoob might've been trying something like that (I kinda find it unlikely, but it's possible) or maybe he's just not a great player. I am also thinking that Pikanoob might've tried to kill himself because of his character. And if you're gonna kill me, then you're just gonna make yourself scummy since you started the idea to lynch me when I haven't done anything yet.
You may have not done anything, but Pika did. I think the whole play about him trying to kill himself because of the role is a joke. We already lynched the fool, and I have never seen more than one in a game, so I dont even believe you.

Vote: Smashman

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Thats not true! Because you are new here as a player doesn't mean everything your character's done so far should be wiped from the slate.

You don't seem to be defending Pikanoob's playstyle as much as making excuses for it and your reasoning accusing medi makes very little sense to me.

smashman90

Smash Lord
You may have not done anything, but Pika did. I think the whole play about him trying to kill himself because of the role is a joke. We already lynched the fool, and I have never seen more than one in a game, so I dont even believe you.

Vote: Smashman
You didn't understand what I meant, I know that we already had a Jester. What I am saying is that maybe Pika didn't like the character he got and tried to off himself. I too am trying to figure out why he would act like this as it doesn't make sense for his/my character. I am pretty sure my/his character has never been a villain. His/my character is obviously a townie and I don't understand why pika would act scummy. That's what I am trying to figure out, and the best theory I got is that he either didn't like his character and wanted to get lynched, he has a weird playstyle, or he isn't that great of a player (no offense pika if you're reading this). I could kinda see why he would want to have himself killed as I don't like this hero much.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Anyone who doubts me not having a power role - why would mccloud have squeezed in a power role after the game had started like he did in my case?

It's not a doomed plan btw, of course the cop would end up dead by the end of the game, but that doesnt matter, by that time he'll have either cleared a bunch of people or found a mafia or two. Then that's when you go back and see how people acted.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Ok, this whole cop claims thing is so stupid. You don't need to know the cop is the cop for him to clear people. All the cop has to do is mention that he really trusts somebody at some point, and then when the cop dies you say to yourself, "hmmmm, if he was the cop and he backed [insert name], then maybe he investigated [Insert name] and he was town," Or the same for someone that the cop attacked like a crazy mofo.

I think that everyone has read the thread since you guys starting babbling about this A MONTH AGO!

IF HE HASN'T CLAIMED YET HE'S NOT GOING TOO

So just drop it, we have a deadline and we have to kills we have to allocate, your distracting bull**** is really annoying.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Guys, just a heads up. I am gonna be gone from Monday to Friday and I am gonna have to pack up and get things ready on Sunday, so I won't be on often on Sunday. So I will just reveal my character now since I won't be able to defend myself on Monday or Tuesday. My character is Scott Summers(aka Cyclops), a member of the X-men.

Handorin

Smash Hero
But as we have seen, character identities have been compromised. So no matter what character it is, the person still may be mafia.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That, as well as I'm suspicious now of saying it's not a well liked character and stuff along those lines when all I could think of when I saw that was man I loved Cyclops.

Thats just the fanboy in me I guess.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
You revealed your role without being provoked or asked, doing so offered us no helpful or useful info as far as roles are concorned, not that I'd want to know. This is unlike virg who's role nearly cemented his status. You almost seem to copy the idea in hopes of proving yourself innocent.

What also caught my attention was the playful back and forth about how much of an upstanding guy Mr. Summers is. with KevinM.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Actually <3, I was being threatened to be lynched/nightkilled before the deadline was reached so that should give me some reason to reveal my character. And I take it you didn't notice the part where I mentioned that I will be gone for the week and since the deadline is tuesday, how will I be able to defend myself during the rest of today and tomorrow and prove my innocence since I won't be near a computer for almost a week? Revealing my character seemed the best way to keep me alive for now. C'mon <3, you're better(and smarter) than this. You should've known that...and that actually worries me that you didn't know that.

And Handorin, I already explained how Norman Osborn could've been a townie. Norman Osborn must be in control of himself and not the GG persona. It makes sense as he has fought for control between his GG persona before in the comics and the cartoons and in the movie.

Anywho, about to leave in a few hours. Sniff you jerks later.

Handorin

Smash Hero
That's true, but I stand by my vote. And as I have quoted before, identities have been compromised and it doesnt matter.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
character has nothing to do with alignment. This games isn't cannon to the marvel universe there is probably no logic behind characters alignment and this has already been proven.

You leaving has nothing to do with revealing your role. (In my mind) Like I said, its just a right time right place attempt at hiding your true role in the game. Questioning my intelligence unfortunately won't change that.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@<3

Sorry if I through what you were trying to deduct off, I felt the need to defend that I like cyclops. *shrugs*.

My vote stays on Lance.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well, if Smashman is going to be lynched, there is no need for a daykill on him. I'm still looking at Spam, Lance and <3.

Please, continue the conversation.

Also, just as a warning, anybody that jumps on the last lynch vote very quickly before I can get my daykill will look highly suspicious in my eyes (as during a nightkill my identity won't be revealed as proof of my role claim) and chances are you won't make it through the night.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Vote count

Smashman90: 4 (<3, Handorin, Breakwing, Virgilijus)
<3: 1 (Spam_Master)
Lance87: 1 (KevinM)

Not voting: 6 (Lance87, Mediocre, Marshigio, Smashman90, tmw_redcell, Eor)

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

Deadline remains 7/22. I must remind everyone to refrain from speaking to dead people about the game. I am not aware if it has been happening, but you've been warned.

Good luck. :]

Virgilijus

BRoomer
You said the only person you trust is Eor: he hasn't posted anything near worthwhile in a week and even retracted some of his points when confronted by Marshigio. While they both could be mafia playing coy, I think it is a low possibility. Also, this is Eor we're talking about: he lies all the time. When he's in a game that is all about lying, I won't believe a word he says until his role is revealed.

You are also incredibly jumpy as a player and I am debating whether it is nerves from being a newer player (though you have more mafia game sunder your belt than me, so not very likely) or from being nervous mafia.

Top Bottom