• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth's pokes...tip

trinityWOLF

Smash Rookie
for all of u who r just starting with marth i just thought this would be some good useful information...one of marth's greatest moves is his Dtilt or poke which is a good way to edge guard and set up for follow up attacks. for those starting out with marth and wunna make good use of his poke this information would be pretty good for u. first of Marth's poke should always be tipped. its very useful when edge camping or edge guarding. For those of you who dont knoe the tourney stages theyre FD (final destination), Battlefield, Pokemon stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi Story, Dream land. well the commonly used ones but theres more...but lets go more into specific with this. For marth's poke...theres actually a landmark u can use to guarantee u a tipped poke. down the list is wut the landmark is and of course to stand on it

-Yoshi story: the line that makes the edge go downwards. for a good poke on YS, u wunna have ur back heel touching that line

-final destination: there r white triangles near the edges, u wunna stand just behind the last to triangles to sweet spot the poke

-Battlefield: this one is actually pretty hard to notice. there r the dots near the edge, u wunna be standing just on top of the second dot (or middle one) to give a good poke...another useful advice for battlefield about this dots is u can practice a perfect wavedash (its pretty long to explain just ask if u curious and ill explain Lol...laaaazy)

-Pokemon stadium: near the edge theres two red lines...stand in between them and u have a guaranteed tipped poke

-DreamLand: this one is pretty annoying to explain...ok we knoe how theres frikkin flowers everywhere:mad: ok...well on the right side....theres a blue flower...stand basically behind it and u have a good tipper...the left said same idea...but theres two flowers in the front so basically a good way of explaining this one is stand to the blue flower behind the fence thingy (ahhhh soo annoying to frikkin explain) Lol

-Fountain of dreams: this one isnt to hard...the landmark for this one is literally sprinkles upwards...basically where the water shoots up the platforms, yup...just stand rite in front of it..and its a good tip

if anything...i mightve messed up on...please just leave a post about it

peace out home skillet biscuits

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
do these same markers apply to f-smash? Ive always been told that the two moves (f-smash and d-tilt) have the same range. However, I have no frickin idea how to try to tip the edge with f-smash on say yoshi's but i can get the tilt to work sometimes...that slant messes me up!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ive always been told that the two moves (f-smash and d-tilt) have the same range.
They don't. F-smash is longer.
However, I have no frickin idea how to try to tip the edge with f-smash on say yoshi's but i can get the tilt to work sometimes...that slant messes me up!
F-smash doesn't tip low enough there to catch sweetspots, stop trying.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Those videos could show one of two things though teczero, either Marth has the force or Magus420 has the force >_>

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
It's more like it shows how lingering hitboxes on stages that mess with hitbox positions and angles can lead to clips that, when taken out of context and without knowledge of the mechanic, can be used to make people think Marth's grab is way more broken than it is. (It's still pretty ridiculous, but that clip is absurd.)

Ba-da-chow.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
It's more like it shows how lingering hitboxes on stages that mess with hitbox positions and angles can lead to clips that, when taken out of context and without knowledge of the mechanic, can be used to make people think Marth's grab is way more broken than it is. (It's still pretty ridiculous, but that clip is absurd.)

Ba-da-chow.
Way to know it all Cactus :mad:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
You know at first, I found the jiggs one funny cuz I know jiggs's grab range is bad.

But then I noticed his stubby hands.

It just gets funnier LMFAO

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
i guess, what you use, Dtilt or Fsmash should depend on the situation and character you are against.
Some chars like fox, has 2 moves for coming back on stage, if you Fsmash him, you leave him to chose from those, but if you Dtilt, you make him always go for UpB, less posibilities for variation and easier to predict.

Marths Fsmash hitbox is insane and very good when they are near the edge and Firefoxing, if you are too late to jump and Fair, you can go for the tippered Fsmash/Ftilt(if falco), only avoidable by going Upwards, and then you can tilt/jab him to death
I think Ftilt has equal downwards range as Dtilt, if you space it well, or isnt it :p?
but you have to be nearer the edge, wich mess against some recoveries, like peach's or marth's, i prefer Fsmashing Marth, and Dtilting Peach (if low %, if high, tippered Fsmash)

Top Bottom