• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Final Smash

Zevox

Smash Lord
Looks like thats just the startup attack - you know, such as Meta Knight's cape swing, or the opening blow that Ike and Link need to land to begin their FSes. So it tells us nothing, really.

I'm hoping it will be something good and unique, but I fear given the laziness with other FSes we've seen (Falco = Landmaster, Ness = PK Starstorm, Link and Ike = very similar) that he'll just end up with a big sword combo like Link and Ike.

Zevox

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Judging by the fact the health bar is not full, he is probably mid-FS. I'd say it's a sword combo, but it's different than Marth and Ike's. For example, maybe it's timed and you have to try to get the health bar all the way down, resulting in a OHKO. Your opponent can still move and try to dodge the attacks...

Or maybe it's just a sword combo that results in a kill, or at least close to one.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I hope that if it is a "They suddenly have HP" scenario, that if you hit them to zero they just blink and vanish, old school FE style...

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I assume it's a critical hit move he does in the FE games.
It's that, he does the pose of a Lord just before he strikes. I just saw it streaming on a video from Japan (before it lagged out) and it was a OHKO on Ike.

Zevox

Smash Lord
looks like he just got the smash ball but didnt use his FS yet and just did a dash attack? anyone?
Thats a distinct possibility, actually. Now that you mention it, the attack in that picture does remind me of his f-tilt.

So essentially this picture only really tells us what color he glows when he gets the smash ball. Well, hopefully we'll get some images or videos of it soon - everyone else is (Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Ness...).

Zevox

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
if i had to guess, i'd say he does like like a bunch of rapid strikes to an enemy and that bar shows how many are left.
It's a 1 hit. The energy bar is just a nod to the FE series, I didn't really notice it when I was watching some guy playing it, but it had no overbearing affect on the FS other than to look nice. It's like in the FE games, a critical hit took off a good portion of your HP, if not all of it. Why not show that this is a OHKO by showing HP (for aesthetics) and knocking it all the way down to 0 to show an OHKO.

Thats a distinct possibility, actually. Now that you mention it, the attack in that picture does remind me of his f-tilt.

So essentially this picture only really tells us what color he glows when he gets the smash ball. Well, hopefully we'll get some images or videos of it soon - everyone else is (Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Ness...).

Zevox
To copy pasta myself from 4chan:

So, I tried to image cap as many new final smashes as I could, then ***got leechers came onto the stream when Captain Falcon was about to do his. So, since the stream is now dead, I thought I'd post the 5 Final Smashes I saw (that weren't on the dojo)

Marth - Critical Hit, looks like a OHKO. It was training mode and Ike had 0% before the final smash started.
G&W - Becomes Cthulhu, too laggy to see effects
Ganondorf - Turns into Ganon, sweeps everybody off the screen.
Wolf - Landmaster
Jigglypuff - Inflates and pushes people off
Captain Falcon - **** the ***gots who came on when he was about to do his final smash.
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1923/finalsmashesjx0.jpg

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
HOLY ****, IT HAS RANGE.

From what I'd seen on the live streams and videos I thought it was only close quarters.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
Aye, from that last Youtube video, it OHKOs from any point. It's potentially the best FS for any character.

Edit: I'm still really shocked about the range. Even though I've watched about 11 hours of live streaming from Japan since Tuesday, at least and videos on youtube. I should be doing med school work, but I've been tired all week and this has been so exciting...I sound really sad now, I should stop :p:laugh:

Viral

Smash Apprentice
I like it.

It looks pretty cool, seems like a one hit KO and the life bar is a nice touch.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I was going to say maybe it would be easy to dodge, since he has the animation of holding the sword up at the start, but when he jumps up with those Bowser's, they all seem to freeze in place. Marth gets final smash ball = gg.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I like the life bar that shows up on the die: nice touch for those who played Fire Emblem and would always pray for a critical hit :)

And a 1 Hit KO...I don't think Ike or Metaknights is that strong...

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Yeah, not even Ike's can KO at zero percent. It's official folks. Marth is stronger than Ike. Well, when he wants to be at least. >.>

Felcis

Smash Rookie
I like the simple animation and the decreasing "health bar". It stays true to the "Fire Emblem" series and looks cool.

But...is it really not possible to evade that attack at a certain range? An unpreventable 0HKO with 0% on a long range would be just insane, especially if it works on multiple targets.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
One hit KO? Awesome. Even though it doesn't look too spectacular (he just kinda stabs forward), I'm looking forward to pwning people with Marth's final smash :D

Top Bottom