• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Final Smash

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I wonder is he misses, how far he travels away and if it could kill him; that would bring it down from being unstoppable by adding the risk of death by missing it.

Just a thought.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I wonder is he misses, how far he travels away and if it could kill him; that would bring it down from being unstoppable by adding the risk of death by missing it.

Just a thought.
Like I said above:

KEN'S COMBO #2!!!

F-air as hitconfirm and bam, you got yourself a kill...​

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking that with the topic of potential whiffs, Marth likely just travels the distance of the ground he is on then stops. Reason? Because his air FS is a shockwave slash variant. If they were gonna eff Marth over with a Rollout style FS, I'd think they'd do so in the air or on land (aka uber Fox Illusion). But since they don't I'm thinking he'll just stop when he reaches a ledge.

Just my thoughts on it. It owns hard either way.

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
From what I heard Marth will just suicide off the side of the screen (or presumably stop at a wall if there is one) if no one is in his path.

Still a really sick FS though. It's like a OHKO dragoon with infinite horizontal range. Jebus.

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
I saw a stream where Marth missed his Final Smash, and he just charged into the side of the screen. Looks to be a double edged sword, either they die, or you die...though it was in the air though, probably best to just use it on the ground if you're worried about losing the match.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
You do not need to hit with the beginning. It is a critical hit from fire emblem and they **** the **** out of the people so this ***** the **** out of your opponent. No speculation needed...
So they used Marth's Fsmash from melee as his FS in Brawl? Hrmm, not too original if you ask me.

Rabid_Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
Marth rocked out loud in Melee, and they gave him this....they really love him, don't they? They might nerf him just because his FS is so good...

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
i like how it shows the damage meter from the serise that pretty nifty not sure if depending on how he hits you if it effects the amount of damage we\'ll have to wait and see but ya it\'s pretty much swing if your hit you die if not then your good to go.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I saw a vid of if and just stared at the computer screen for like an extra 15 seconds after the vid was done. I'ts awesome.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
No, metaknight's only hits the people that his cape hits in the opening animation. That cape hits pretty far in front of him and a little behind him. It also is not a one hit KO like Marth's.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, look at this video that I watched yesterday:

"SSBB - Online - Peach Samus Marth"

At 3:59, Marth does his Final Smash for the second time in this match...AND IT FAILS!! :eek:

After watching that part over and over a few times just now to try and figure out what happened, I THINK that Samus somehow managed to roll out of the way when he did it.

What do you guys think?
True, however, Samus initiated the roll before Marth started the FS.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth's final smash is actually really hard to dodge. Do you know why? It's because it's fast enough to hit you before your shield comes up, so it can hit you before you roll or spot dodge. This only applies at point blank range.

And I just thought of the most broken FS combo ever. D-tilt->FS. lol.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Marth's final smash is probably the best in Brawl, if you know how to use it, but I think you can roll or dodge it with correct timing.

ApolloX54

Smash Apprentice
All this waiting and Marth is still broken? Seriously... sure there a ways to dodge it but they already said you can combo into it like Metaknight... but all the other ones aren't one hit KOs...

Smash ball most likely won't be in tournys anyways... if this game makes it that far...

Top Bottom