• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth vs falcon

smasher01

Smash Ace
is there any gimps that marth can do on falcon that are really good lol.

and a summery on this match up so marth comes out the victor.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Its funny how I asked a question so much like this one in the Cactuar thread. Nobody answered there either.

And that we both have the same avatar.

Stop stalking me D:

If anybody is closing this, at least answer it in the other thread lol

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
This match up if fun for me. Falcon will be dash dancing on the other side of the stage waiting for you to make a move. A good technique to know/learn with Marth is being able to immediately dash away after all of your SHFFL aerials that either hits a shield or misses altogether. Being able to dash away after all of your aerials is essential because Falcon will grab you if you are too slow. Getting grabbed but Falcon at ANY percent is a problem.

At zero percent, use a JC grab, to forward throw, to down tilt to another JC grab. This ***** Falcons. Once you get Falcon of the edge that should be a claimed stock. Use your down tilts to prevent Falcon form sweet spotting the edge. Learning how to ledge hop dair is also a useful tool against Falcon. Oh and don't be afraid to run off the level, swat Falcon with your Fair and Up B back to the stage.

Good luck.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
its even good clux !

but no really just get him off edge and u take the stock just dont be hasty, STAY ON STAGE for real, if he drops low wd back to ledge for kill, if he goes high fsmash. repeat

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Get them off a stage first of all, and then choose a move, spam move until bored or your opponent dies, and repeat process.

Seriously though, you could do the standard m2k gimp where you could run off b-air when the falcon is recovering up the wall, and side-b/fair/up-b etc. Or jab instead of run-off b-air. It's kinda fun.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Just trap him lol. Most Falcons will run away until they're close to the ledge and have nowhere to go. Then yay for sex.
Oh and dash attack him out of his DD properly. Against players from like New York when you over-shoot... don't aim slightly behind them, you're gonna need to aim for like >_> the ledge; even if it's across the stage.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I think you have a lot of valuable information.

You can at least go watch vids, and read a Marth guide or something.

Oh and thanks for saying thanks to everyone who helped you. >.<

Binx

Smash Master
Just copy M2K if you can, he is amazing, I can't get the timing right on throws cause Falcon is so heavy compared to most characters I toss around, I like throw dtilt, once they are off the ledge it shouldn't be too hard. I like jab turn around wavedash to the ledge and ledge hop dair.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Playing Falcon is extremely fun as long as you don't let the Falcon camp you. Falcon relies on running around until you make a mistake. So **** him, and don't make a mistake.

In all seriousness, your grab game ***** Falcon.

U throw tech chase is beautiful at early percents and f throw and d throw is absolutely brilliant near the ledge. Just watch out for quick knees after you throw them off the ledge at early percents because the Falcon won't go too far and can retaliate really quickly and put you on the defensive. Don't be on the defensive on this matchup. Be up in his face at all times and don't give the Falcon room to run around and think.

Big stages like FD and Dreamland where he can run around aren't too good for Marth in this matchup. Take him to places like YS, BF, and Mute City so Falcon can't run around.

Basically, learn your grab game against Falcon and you will be fine. Don't go too crazy trying to do amazing gimps against him. Keep it simple by using d tilt, f tilt, and fairs. Good Falcons such as Scar, Hax, and SS will see that F smash coming a mile away and will dodge it. D tilt has less lag and comes out faster and sends him down at a lower angle. :) Also, keep in mind that Marths F tilt also auto sweet spots on Yoshis Story as well.

I'm not saying never go with that Fsmash (it works great too) but against really good Falcons...you want to mix up your edge game.

Signia

Smash Lord
autosweetspot?

:) Also, keep in mind that Marths F tilt also auto sweet spots on Yoshis Story as well.
So.. when you don't hit with the tip at this stage, it still has the move properties of a tipper (for ftilt)? How is this even possible?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
The lengthy posts earlier were pretty accurate. Your grab game and edgeguarding are your best strengths by far.

Grab tricksies:
-If you are at the edge, throw them to the edge! fthrow/dthrow to dtilt to set uup the edgeguard.
-At low percents, uthrow techchase if you are at the center of the level. At about 50ish percent, still techchase if they don't DI, otherwise you can fair them. 80ish is the same except if they DI away you can catch them with a tipper.

Edgeguard:
-Dtilt is your most consistent and easiest option.
-At low percents after you dthrow them off, wavedash back to grab the edge and edgehop dair immediately. If you've conditioned them to DI away so they recover later, this will catch them.
-Simple fairs will work if they recover high as long as you follow them up.
-Have your back to the edge and dair them if they recover above the edge.

Here are some defensive strategies:
-Crouchcancel the gentleman. Free grab.
-When he is dashdance camping, he'll dash just out of your range then try to grab you. You're not trying to hit them out of their dash dance, that's what they want you to do so they can dodge it and punish you. Stay on the ground and dash a lil farther and you can dash atttack them or grab by staying a step ahead with participation.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
if you get the chance to dthrow them off the egde at low % you often can wavedash off and fast fall a fair then another rising fair then use ur up b to hit them and they probably wont be at a height to recover but if they've teched it or some **** just ledge hop dair cause your up b wouldn't have sweet spotted and itll be easy to time and if it did sweet spot chances are theyre ****ed anyways unless they tech again

IrArby

Smash Ace
Uhh . . . Learn to play Falcon. Seriously though, I'm a Marth main trying to learn Falcon now for fun/flashyness and he needs lots of room to work. Everything these guys have said are true so thats about all I can add. I feel that learning certain characters like Falcon or Fox and some Lower Tiers will improve your game. I feel like Falcon has made my Marth want to move faster and more efficently but thats a little beside the point I guess.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
whoever approaches first loses

just aggressively camp the falcon with fairs, nairs, and dashdances. dont use the forward smash unless ur edgeguarding cus theyll just dashdance away and grab **** u

at low percents i like to backthrow techchase till about 43%ish. then ill just uthrow utilt into **** combos

this matchup is about swatting the dam falcon away and getting that first grab. also when they throw u, DO NOT DOUBLE JUMP. ull get f***** if ur caught above a falcon with no jump. oh yea and ban dreamland

Top Bottom