• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth is Dropping

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dude...on some real sh*t.

Brawl dropped off my radar the moment i touched SF2 HD remix last month.

It's like...why force myself to play a game I despise when I can play a game I love with a community that's awesome?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Better question, why were you touching a game you despised in the first place? Brawl gets a lot of hate, but everyone still plays it. It doesn't make much sense to me. I personally love the game, that's why I play it.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Dude...on some real sh*t.

Brawl dropped off my radar the moment i touched SF2 HD remix last month.

It's like...why force myself to play a game I despise when I can play a game I love with a community that's awesome?
lol well I like a lot of people in this community, I haven't found many people who I don't like, and this is the most convenient game.

As gay as it is I do like it, and I feel like I'm too rooted in the community to leave now.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It's the biggest competitive game in the US and I was deeply rooted in the community already due to Melee and being influential in the tournament scene in NJ and for Marth's metagame in Melee as well.

So it just sort of carried over. And I didn't always despise it.

Take note though...I haven't been to a Brawl tourney in half a year, so it's not like I'm forcing myself to play this game competitively.

lol.

I pretty much just hang out here for the most part. When I wanna talk about the games I DO want to get into on a high level I mosey on down to Shoryuken.com

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
It's the biggest competitive game in the US and I was deeply rooted in the community already due to Melee and being influential in the tournament scene in NJ and for Marth's metagame in Melee as well.

So it just sort of carried over. And I didn't always despise it.

Take note though...I haven't been to a Brawl tourney in half a year, so it's not like I'm forcing myself to play this game competitively.

lol.

I pretty much just hang out here for the most part. When I wanna talk about the games I DO want to get into on a high level I mosey on down to Shoryuken.com
Fair enough, not like I want you to leave anyways. We need ya here :D

Others that DO play this game competitively still continue to bash it, though. I wasn't necessarily targeting you with that question.

You play SCIV by any chance?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I planned on getting into SCIV competitively. But then Namco released its first patch and Ivy went from top 5 to mid tier and they pretty much DESTROYED all her useful tools and juggles and made 3 out of her 4 stances trash.

This killed my hype for the game.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I planned on getting into SCIV competitively. But then Namco released its first patch and Ivy went from top 5 to mid tier and they pretty much DESTROYED all her useful tools and juggles and made 3 out of her 4 stances trash.

Pick up Cassandra then :)

I use her and and a litttttttle bit of Raph.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
But you know it's not really ninth place, it's really seventh place.
Rankings with ties are stupid.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
I think that the problem with Marth winning is that he requires all the normal skills of Brawl AND a good amount of spacing. He doesn't have too many gimp's (yeah f-air string/reverse dolphin w/e, not too many.) but he can be really well played with the right spacing. Too many Marth's are focusing only on move selection, reaction time, and staying close and getting big hits. With the right spacing I think Marth has a strong chance against any character.
I also don't think the ranking list means anything. It's not a ranking of a characters ability to win a tournaments, its just the people that have won. First off there aren't as many Marth mains as we would hope compared to Falco/MK mains. Secondly, their aren't as many good ones. It takes a lot more time, in my opinion, to get good with Marth. You can't just learn what moves work in certain situations, you have to get the spacing on all his moves perfectly and you have to understand the spacing of your opponent perfectly.

With enough time we will see dominant Marth players winning tournaments, regardless of this "ranking" list.

(**Disclaimer: I still like the idea of the ranking list, I just think it has too many factors to be considered a strong piece of evidence for tiers and winning possibilities**)

Hilary

Smash Cadet
Shouldn't you hope that your character isn't ranked very high when you know he's solid?

CHEESE-KUN

Smash Cadet
why would marth be dropping? hes my best char

and hes cooler than ike who is cheap

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman

El did get Algol get nerfed in the patch ? Because I think he was banned before for an infinite or something.

legion598

Smash Ace
ive only been to a couple tournies and I do pretty well with marth but i get a bit twitchy and marth requires large quantities of percision so u know........stuff. Theirs lots of room for error with marth

Top Bottom