• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth...I have lost a lot of respect for you.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman

Marth, I thought you were the coolest character in the game....until this. I mean, looking at that outfit makes me think of Pit, only REALLY stupid. I'm probably going to go rinse my eyes out because of this now. I think that this even takes away from the allure of his amazing fair.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace

Marth, I thought you were the coolest character in the game....until this. I mean, looking at that outfit makes me think of Pit, only REALLY stupid. I'm probably going to go rinse my eyes out because of this now. I think that this even takes away from the allure of his amazing fair.
it was a new NES game based in the medievals wars, what did you expect?

AuraMarth

Smash Apprentice
Shame on this thread...Marth wasn't always the effeminate prince he is now but you make fun of him for his attire? Shame shame...

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
Well way to go! You lost respect after seeing one bad picture of Marth. How would you look at YOUR friends when they have a bad picture?

Note: Remember that it IS using a medieval timeline, so don't expect any futuristic/ modern day armour. Also that design came from the 80's where the drawings don't look as appealing as they are today.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Its apparent your a person that easily loses respect for other people. But to say this in a different context it would be a lot like saying "My own mother looks hideous in the morning, so now I will lose a lot of respect for because of the specific time in my life."

Sure he looked bad back then but he looks awesome now. That is what counts and his character is highly respectable.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
At least Sheeda still looks appealing. >_>

Remember everyone, he saved his kingdom twice without pants, and that's all that matters.

OMAR the O

Smash Cadet
That picture makes me like Marth even more.

It is obvious that the artist drew him like that in order to mind game you, and it was super effective,

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman

Pit

+

Vela ("Jet Force Gemini"; one of my all-time favorite games, BTW)

+

CD-i Link

=

"Fire Emblem 1" Marth

:laugh:

Seriously, Marth DID look pretty dorky when he made his debut, didn't he?

Thank goodness that in "Fire Emblem 3" they changed him into the handsome prince he is today. :love: :grin:

All I have to say is...CD-i Link.

This one is still pretty bad though.
LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that! :laugh:

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
O geez... How could I miss CD-i Link...

That has got to be the worse picture I have seen... ever. Still doesn't change the fact that Link looks completely bad*** now... For a guy wearing tights that is. xD

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
As a life-long Scotsman, I'm highly offended that you all seem to think that wearing what's obviously a kilt makes Marth less manly. You're all a bunch of racists. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

-GK

Vash_Ericks

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5472-8751-9768
As a life-long Scotsman, I'm highly offended that you all seem to think that wearing what's obviously a kilt makes Marth less manly. You're all a bunch of racists. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

-GK
Dont really understand how their statements are racist, but I think its rather just an example of how something that can seem normal in one society is seen as being out of the norm in another and is then stereotyped. For example, over here, kilts are not a very common sight and thus don't have very many associations to make people realize that it is indeed a kilt and not a skirt, which has major feminine, or in this case girly, associations.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
HA HA HA HA HA! :laugh:

Now here's old Wario:

Awesome then, still awesome now. Pwned, *****es.

-GK
I hope you're not serious. There's no mention of any hierarchy of races of any sort in what these people mentionned.

...Who gives a **** if you get offended at nothing, Mr. Scotsman.

And by the way, I never thought it would even be possible for Marth to look less manly :rolleyes: , but I guess the kilt does it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's not that Marth is wearing a kilt, because it doesn't look lie that.

Looks more like he's wearing a shirt with a belt on his waist.

...and no pants.

but LOL @ megaman

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
lol @ megaman with his Gun
lol only marth can save his kingdom without any pants on lol

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
however mentions cd-i link is gonna get pwned really hard by me lol
that game was literally the worst game EVER
i mean they even made link talk lol

Roy4theBrawl

Smash Cadet
LOL What did you expect Nlord?
You have always thought so highly of Marth anyway. XD
BTW I didn't even know you were on the SWF.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ya, at least he can do the "no pants dance"! Plus, this justs adds on to the humiliation of the opponent who lost to (now lets recite the list):
blue, sparkly eyed, silky haired, effeminate, possibly gay, hermaphrodite, small sworded (by some ppl, that means more than one meaning) formerly pants less, pretty boy, marth!

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Ya, at least he can do the "no pants dance"! Plus, this justs adds on to the humiliation of the opponent who lost to (now lets recite the list):
blue, sparkly eyed, silky haired, effeminate, possibly gay, hermaphrodite, small sworded (by some ppl, that means more than one meaning) formerly pants less, pretty boy, marth!
yaaaa, NO. Wassup Roy, idk you were here either.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Marth the ultimate bad***.

He saved his kingdom without pants.

He got a hot girl to fall in love with him.... without pants

He saved his kingdom a second time... without pants.

Then he made Fire Emblem famous by appearing on SSBM... this time with pants.

People keep calling him gay and effeminite (I used to be one of them)...

But guess what.

He's top tier *****es.

And that megaman... wow thats worse than CD-I Link.

Top Bottom