• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Terminator guy

Smash Rookie
So I have heard on several forums that Marth's FS is nerfed, but from the videos I've seen, it's apparently very powerful. What do you puppies think about it?

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
mmm I just came back playing some Melee. I've been busying trying to work on Marth's Dancing Blade moves for the past few days. It's really hard to keep a tempo in the heat of battle.

Okysho

Smash Ace
true that, but I've gotten the hang of it... I might actually be a bit rusty since my sister was on her reading week last week and came from Toronto. She took the gamecube and Melee with her. 2 weeks without smash! how will I ever survive?!

Irow

Smash Ace
The tempo is easy if you start with learning Roy's first, then step up to Marth's.

If you were ever a musician, it becomes hella easy.

Don't press the first two hits of the combo too fast in Melee, or the other hits won't come out.

Irow

Smash Ace
I play trumpet, Guitar, and I was in drumline for like five years.

If you guys need help with trumpet, I could teach you guys some things! Lol.

Okysho

Smash Ace
that's awesome! I wanted to play trumpet for a while, but then the urge just kinda faded, so I went for guitar... but trying to stay on subject, have you noticed that if you're a good musician your timing for attacks will usually be better based on the strong beats in the music? This happens to me a lot of the time... just wondering inf it does with anyone else. Mostly it occurs in Marth's arial's

Irow

Smash Ace
When you start using Marth's air game a lot, you find there is a tempo to his moves. I actually really hated a majority of Melee's music, so it doesn't affect me at all.

Irow

Smash Ace
Banjo is actually quite hard to learn from what I've heard.

The picking style is very fast, but I'd sure it help your gaming skills. If I haven't said this before, I'll say it now. Every instrument that requires tactile movement and thinking really does help you in games.

Okysho

Smash Ace
lol might as well!!! ^_^

well ok I guess that was a little harsh sounding... I was implying that music is just generally good for a person and that playing an instrument enhances that... Irow will help vouch for that right?

anyways... 9 days and 12 hours! (not including today) Anyone else as excited as I am? I can't wait!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
lol might as well!!! ^_^

well ok I guess that was a little harsh sounding... I was implying that music is just generally good for a person and that playing an instrument enhances that... Irow will help vouch for that right?

anyways... 9 days and 12 hours! (not including today) Anyone else as excited as I am? I can't wait!
lol. I play Guitar.

I.. cant.. wait...

at all..

I restarted my Comp BTW, 100000 times faster.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
lol might as well!!! ^_^

I know I know... I was just kidding around... as always.

And you know, I didn't realise Brawl was *that* close until you mentionned it. Wow... a little more than one mere week... O_O

First thing I'll do? Play classic mode with classic Wario. :chuckle:

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
lol, I'm off to play the newcomer starters, and then to the SSE. (Hopefully with a buddy, cause I want to play it through with another person)

good thing that next week won't be anything too serious at school that I need to worry about, cause I'm going to be super distracted. (it's after Spring break that'll be hell x_x)

Okysho

Smash Ace
To anyone with a special class or other high rank ending with Royal Honours:

I received a PM from a one, smashbro29 to form an alliance with his group "The Mushroom Heros" a Mario group whom seem to hold a place of value for Marth. As the highest rank of the Defenders of Akanea I my say will have the most influence (don't mean to seem arrogant or power hungry) but although the clan is technically a monarchy (since there's a prince) I believe strongly in democracy (seeing as how we probably all live in a democratic country) and wouldn't mind the opinions of the higher ranks on this matter (to a majority consensus of course).

Personally I think it would be in our best interest since Mario is an international gaming phenomenon whom is generally respected (and probably least of all ripped on) in the smash community. An ally like this may give us the support we need when we get ripped on. Think of it as Akanea (the country) supporting Altea in wartime when Dorhua strikes. High ranks, your say?

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

I received a PM from a one, smashbro29 to form an alliance with his group "The Mushroom Heros" a Mario group whom seem to hold a place of value for Marth. As the highest rank of the Defenders of Akanea I my say will have the most influence (don't mean to seem arrogant or power hungry) but although the clan is technically a monarchy (since there's a prince) I believe strongly in democracy (seeing as how we probably all live in a democratic country) and wouldn't mind the opinions of the higher ranks on this matter (to a majority consensus of course).

Personally I think it would be in our best interest since Mario is an international gaming phenomenon whom is generally respected (and probably least of all ripped on) in the smash community. An ally like this may give us the support we need when we get ripped on. Think of it as Akanea (the country) supporting Altea in wartime when Dorhua strikes. High ranks, your say?
I understood absolutely *nothing* of this. Well, I understood the part about an "alliance" with another clan, but then you completely lost me. My neurons are overheating from all this mental effort.

Must... get... ********... before... head... explodes...

And Ninjabread? Your "6 years same stuff" post scared me.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127

i support this 100% *looks at username... D'oh!

BentoBox

Smash Master

Lol what the ****? seriously XD

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
an alliance against anyone of either of our rivals (when we get one granted)
What, for 2 vs 2 matches? Or is it a kind of made-up ladder where you keep count of victories and defeats in "clan wars", since they didn't put one in officially?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman

if ur saying we join the mario clan well im not in cuz this is marth not mario :/

Okysho

Smash Ace
lol, nice to see you all got confused by my post... Obviously tactician lingo won't do me much good anymore... ok well I'm still going to have to wait since none of the higher ranks have actually posted yet... (of the 4 that I currently have) I hope to increase that number to six this weekend...

DoodX: Never! I'm sorry about the poor wording of my post but this does NOT mean that we're joining the Mario clan, this means (for the most part) they probably won't rip on us and we may be able to hold events together such as tourneys within the groups.

Personally I'd like to get one started up a few weeks after the game is out, just between the Defenders, then we'll broaden the range of people

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
all an alliance means is when needed we have each other's backs and we share ideas how to make the groups better

Vaxxaruis

Smash Apprentice
hey think i can get in the marth guild i will have the game midnight of the 9 so i could play or w/e ill be n alot i took my vacation witch is 2 weeks just to play haha

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
hey think i can get in the marth guild i will have the game midnight of the 9 so i could play or w/e ill be n alot i took my vacation witch is 2 weeks just to play haha
Almost all of us are getting it on the 9th. <_< >_>

I have vacation a week after Brawl is released.

__

Alliance? With Mario? >_> <_<

Why the plumber?

Top Bottom