• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Ok, I just got the confirmation from Zareidriel (Leader of Deus) and it's a go.

We're now officially allies. :)

Oh and they want me to be their ambassador...lol this is weird. I'll probably tell them to choose another. I like Ike, I plan him to be one of my Mains, but I'm sticking with Marth.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Please

Well I would ReALLY enjoy to be apart of this Marth Clan.

Im not really well know. or know at all. But i really LOVE Smash. and i have always used
Marth. PlEAse.!

I will just keep Looking on this thread.
And i still will keep poasting.

Pease!

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
...um aren't you already welcomed by Okysho?

To Linguini:
I'm living in Orlando most of the year for college, but when I'm not, I'm living back in Palm Beach.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh

im sorry for asking so many questions, and posting so much..

But what exactly does a clan do. What does an alliance between clans mean, and what are the rules. IM just asking IF you decide to make me apart of that clan.

PLEASE!

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
...um did you even read the first post? lol

This clan is just for people who use Marth in Smash or simply support the character Marth, a fan.
We have tournaments within our clan, and compete with other clans, and sometimes have an alliance, sort of a , I got your back if things get ugly.

Okysho's better at explaining this but I suggest you read the first post again lol

T-major

Smash Champion
Ahhh

im sorry for asking so many questions, and posting so much..

But what exactly does a clan do. What does an alliance between clans mean, and what are the rules. IM just asking IF you decide to make me apart of that clan.

PLEASE!
well... here are some things that I clan does:

- Lets you find other people who play the same character you do
- organize tournaments; most likely online ones
- share strategies
- make alliances: allies can join in tournaments, and help defend against n00bz
- and much, much more! :D

Raiko

Smash Rookie
I support Marth and I want to be a "Defender of Akanea".

But lemme know one thing, is there a problem being in two "clans" like this one?

^^

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
...um did you even read the first post? lol

This clan is just for people who use Marth in Smash or simply support the character Marth, a fan.
We have tournaments within our clan, and compete with other clans, and sometimes have an alliance, sort of a , I got your back if things get ugly.

Okysho's better at explaining this but I suggest you read the first post again lol
im sorry. i guess i might have needed to read the first post. MY BAD.

But yeah this sounds great.

IM In! :p

(im sure u already knew that)

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Thanks

Well i read it, im on the list im tied for the LOWEST rank. but i guess i have to start somewhere.

Thanks for all your help T-Major and SilentDrifterZ (SDZ)

Okysho

Smash Ace
Wow... so much happens when this one is away... I saw that the boards were down for a while, but I guess I missed more than I thought...

Great! We have an alliance with the Ike clan! I'll have to make a section for alliances in the first post! This is pwnage! At any rate, I'm not going to watch that video cuz I want to avoid as many SSE spoilers as possible, what with 5 days until my acquiration of brawl, I'm going to build up hype via vs. mode awesomeness.

As for that tourney I mentioned, I'm going to be working on the rules for it today (providing I get all my studying out of the way first, I'm missing two days of school since I hurt my leg at work over the weekend)

As for ranks, C-Dizzle, in order to boost yourself up in the ranks, you'll have to show devotion to the character or post awesome content. I.E. SilentDrifterZ is a sniper, royal honours because he provided sigs and (now a video) and has been supporting for a really long time. Hydde was awarded a special rank because he provided an in-depth analysis of the new brawl Marth and Alchfilosifer got his rank by finding and posting long-lost Marth media like the Manga and OVA's (which I now have all of both! ^_^ muhahaha) I've also decided that ranks can be determined via the tourney as well as the possibility to get knocked out of a rank in the tourney. I hope it makes things more interesting, a little friendly competition! ^_^

Btw!! We have 99 supporters! If we get one more, we'll have 100!!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i cant realy do much wen brawl is out cuz i live in eu so... i might not even get a chance to play one of u guys :(

Okysho

Smash Ace
that's not necessarily true, just because you're getting it a little later than we are (and we've got it later than the japanese ect. life is one big vicious cycle) doesn't mean we'll forget about you. Do you guys have a release date yet? when you get one let me know and I'll build another tournament around it. How's that sound?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
that's not necessarily true, just because you're getting it a little later than we are (and we've got it later than the japanese ect. life is one big vicious cycle) doesn't mean we'll forget about you. Do you guys have a release date yet? when you get one let me know and I'll build another tournament around it. How's that sound?
thnx okysho the release date is currently june 6 but still not sure i heard :) well if marth has not changed alot then i think ill own in that tourney :p
btw i dont know if i will be able to play brawl wen i get it cuz ****! i got exams

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Actually Okysho, that video has nothing to do with the SSE lol

It's just a Snake easter egg thing (Kinda like how the Star Fox characters have a special taunt to communicate with everyone).

But I can understand :)

Speaking of Alliances, I was out playing Brawl yesterday and we had two guys that were being total jerks. They would beat up the other two people just so they'd be the last people to play and ALWAYS be able to play the next round. My friend and I decided to take things into our own hands after being pummeled by them so much. He was Marth, I was Ike, and you can figure out where this was going.

Surprisingly we were both in the learning curve with our characters, but we were able to beat them down hard, Marth being the one to do some quick damages, and Ike as the finisher. And then I would end up getting second cause Marth beats my butt lol

It was still a fun experience. The Fire Emblem duo ftw.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Wow... so much happens when this one is away... I saw that the boards were down for a while, but I guess I missed more than I thought...

Great! We have an alliance with the Ike clan! I'll have to make a section for alliances in the first post! This is pwnage! At any rate, I'm not going to watch that video cuz I want to avoid as many SSE spoilers as possible, what with 5 days until my acquiration of brawl, I'm going to build up hype via vs. mode awesomeness.

As for that tourney I mentioned, I'm going to be working on the rules for it today (providing I get all my studying out of the way first, I'm missing two days of school since I hurt my leg at work over the weekend)

As for ranks, C-Dizzle, in order to boost yourself up in the ranks, you'll have to show devotion to the character or post awesome content. I.E. SilentDrifterZ is a sniper, royal honours because he provided sigs and (now a video) and has been supporting for a really long time. Hydde was awarded a special rank because he provided an in-depth analysis of the new brawl Marth and Alchfilosifer got his rank by finding and posting long-lost Marth media like the Manga and OVA's (which I now have all of both! ^_^ muhahaha) I've also decided that ranks can be determined via the tourney as well as the possibility to get knocked out of a rank in the tourney. I hope it makes things more interesting, a little friendly competition! ^_^

Btw!! We have 99 supporters! If we get one more, we'll have 100!!

A guy named Mr poe posted afew pages back saying he supported Marth... He's my Crewmate IRL.

I've got some Ideas for the Clan n' stuff. gonna send those to you...

I plan on staying on the almost-top >=D

It's just a Snake easter egg thing (Kinda like how the Star Fox characters have a special taunt to communicate with everyone).

Speaking of Alliances, I was out playing Brawl yesterday and we had two guys that were being total jerks. They would beat up the other two people just so they'd be the last people to play and ALWAYS be able to play the next round. My friend and I decided to take things into our own hands after being pummeled by them so much. He was Marth, I was Ike, and you can figure out where this was going.

Surprisingly we were both in the learning curve with our characters, but we were able to beat them down hard, Marth being the one to do some quick damages, and Ike as the finisher. And then I would end up getting second cause Marth beats my butt lol

Sakurai got the FE Char balance right then, Marth has good killing moves but Ike takes the cake.

Glad we got an alliance with an Ike Clan!

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Marth Vs. Meta Knight the end is kinda crazy. MK is a person marth seems to have Problems with.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIyFsxfTpac

This Match is Marth vs Wolf he didnt seem to have too much trouble this time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VN-U3cizHHA

This is Marth Vs Ike, a good match the the better MAN won.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TIN6AyemATI

Lastly here is Marth vs Pit not much to say.

Well I hope these vids help. Marth seems to still be Amazing like he always has been. I will get some more vids.

Any requests just ask, i have nothing better to do with my time waiting for Brawl.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Marth Vs. Meta Knight the end is kinda crazy. MK is a person marth seems to have Problems with.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIyFsxfTpac

This Match is Marth vs Wolf he didnt seem to have too much trouble this time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VN-U3cizHHA

This is Marth Vs Ike, a good match the the better MAN won.

Lastly here is Marth vs Pit not much to say.

Well I hope these vids help. Marth seems to still be Amazing like he always has been. I will get some more vids.

Any requests just ask, i have nothing better to do with my time waiting for Brawl.
For a second I thought this was the Marth video thread >_> <_<

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice

I agree Marth and Ike make a GREAT team, thats why im glad we have the Alliance with the Ike clan. Like you said Marth Dealing some quick damage, then Ike finishes them off.

I am just throwing this out there but maybe we should try to get an Alliance with the Meta Knight Clan, cuz he seems to be really fast. Just saying. (if they even have a clan.?)

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I agree Marth and Ike make a GREAT team, thats why im glad we have the Alliance with the Ike clan. Like you said Marth Dealing some quick damage, then Ike finishes them off.

I am just throwing this out there but maybe we should try to get an Alliance with the Meta Knight Clan, cuz he seems to be really fast. Just saying. (if they even have a clan.?)
lol then it'll be just like how it happens in the.....oh wait << You don't want to be spoiled.

But Yea, we should. He's fast and small. :) But I think we should also consider someone with...missiles? Long range weaponry is what we really need now.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
lol then it'll be just like how it happens in the.....oh wait << You don't want to be spoiled.

But Yea, we should. He's fast and small. :) But I think we should also consider someone with...missiles? Long range weaponry is what we really need now.
I agree. We need long range we have Marth and Ike, people with NO long range.

MISSILES who do we know with Missiles???!!!

i think there is some Armored Lady with some arm cannon, also i think there is this SNAKE man with some rocket launchers or sumthing like that.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I agree. We need long range we have Marth and Ike, people with NO long range.

MISSILES who do we know with Missiles???!!!

i think there is some Armored Lady with some arm cannon, also i think there is this SNAKE man with some rocket launchers or sumthing like that.
The Snake people don't even have a clan setup yet lol
I've been lurking there and they're trying something. Idk what's happening with the Samus people.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Ok, im just trying to make my name known here, being about 100 clan members. I dont wanna be lost in the Crowd.

But i still hoped they helped, they helped me so i just decided to share. but OH well. :p
lol, you worry too much, the only people who really post here are guys like you, SDZ SNBM and a few other regulars. The list of names you see on the front page are pretty much all people from the Marth support thread who posted once and never really came back... I should extend some of my extra information to those who return, but don't keep up often with our changes...

The Defenders of Akanea is going to expand! With the coming release of Brawl, I'll be organizing a few tourneys and in that, it will be better organized through another website. I'll probably be useing freewebs since it's just that much easier. I'll be sending the username and password to all high-ranking defenders up to those ending in "Royal Honours" to keep things going should the worst happen since... as we all know I'm almost never here... I hope to get it up and running as soon as possible, but I have a test thursday and it'll post some problems since I may not be able to get started until thursday or friday, but I'll get it up nonetheless. It'll be our official Defenders of Akanea Homepage! I hope you all look forward to it!!

As an added bonus, I put together a small tribute to the soon to be released, SSBB. It's me playing the piano in remnants of my Marth costume from anime north 07. There are a lot of mistakes since a lot of the pieces are learned by ear, but I hope you enjoy it just the same. There's a little bit of something in there for all the greats who were involved with brawl. 1) first song dedicated to Koji Kondo, 2) second song dedicated to Sakurai, 3) third song dedicated to Fire Emblem, Marth and the Defenders of Akanea!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TVIe8oYaK1Q

I hope you guys aren't insulted... >_> <_< eep... God I sound like I'm gay in this video!! It's cuz I'm missing the tiara... -_-

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
lol, you worry too much, the only people who really post here are guys like you, SDZ SNBM and a few other regulars. The list of names you see on the front page are pretty much all people from the Marth support thread who posted once and never really came back... I should extend some of my extra information to those who return, but don't keep up often with our changes...

The Defenders of Akanea is going to expand! With the coming release of Brawl, I'll be organizing a few tourneys and in that, it will be better organized through another website. I'll probably be useing freewebs since it's just that much easier. I'll be sending the username and password to all high-ranking defenders up to those ending in "Royal Honours" to keep things going should the worst happen since... as we all know I'm almost never here... I hope to get it up and running as soon as possible, but I have a test thursday and it'll post some problems since I may not be able to get started until thursday or friday, but I'll get it up nonetheless. It'll be our official Defenders of Akanea Homepage! I hope you all look forward to it!!

As an added bonus, I put together a small tribute to the soon to be released, SSBB. It's me playing the piano in remnants of my Marth costume from anime north 07. There are a lot of mistakes since a lot of the pieces are learned by ear, but I hope you enjoy it just the same. There's a little bit of something in there for all the greats who were involved with brawl. 1) first song dedicated to Koji Kondo, 2) second song dedicated to Sakurai, 3) third song dedicated to Fire Emblem, Marth and the Defenders of Akanea!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TVIe8oYaK1Q

I hope you guys aren't insulted... >_> <_< eep... God I sound like I'm gay in this video!! It's cuz I'm missing the tiara... -_-
*Bravo* Nice piano play'n there. You got some skillage. I cant wait for all this, its REALLY AWESOME. it will just be great. it really dosnt matter when you get it all going just make sure u tell me.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Awww, don't worry about that. You have to see me at Cons...it's saddening sometimes. Good effort with the piano. Did a good job with the Fire Emblem song. At least you can play. I was forced to play the piano when I was little, and I ended up quitting cause it never interest me...though now I wish to go back to playing again.

While you're at making a homepage, have a separate forum up for Marth supporters?

...and for the record...I'm a girl :) I just noticed the "he" remark a little while ago lol and thought to correct that.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
The Snake people don't even have a clan setup yet lol
I've been lurking there and they're trying something. Idk what's happening with the Samus people.
Well we need to wait to see how Snake's clan if they even get one is , how its going to work out. ALSO i thnk we need Pit, Link, or Toon like. or Maybe Olimar. he seems to have some nice Pikmin Projectiles.

But we can wait for all that after Brawl comes out. So we can see Who all Allies up with who, to see who has each others back. you know

But i think we really need Samus, Pit, Link, Toon link , and/or Olimar or Just ANYONE with long range ability.

But i cant wait to see how this all works out.

Okysho

Smash Ace
While you're at making a homepage, have a separate forum up for Marth supporters?

...and for the record...I'm a girl :) I just noticed the "he" remark a little while ago lol and thought to correct that.
lol. Oops, my bad I didn't realize since... I've never seen a picture of you or anything...

As for the seperate page, there will be both a members section and a forum (freewebs is great!!) and registration, a page for alliances, torney details, but it's not all set up yet... also, there's the curiously placed knight at the top of the page as a default section of the layout... I hope you'll just excuse it since I don't know how the hell to get rid of it...

Top Bottom