• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Okysho

Smash Ace
Awesome! Welcome! This place has been pretty dead recently and I'm glad to see another Marth enthusiast like myself.

I personally was aware of the OVAs the Manga and the artbook, but stamps? Nicely done! Marth has officiall covered all forms of japanese Media. I also didn't know his mother's name so that's news to me. I'm in a small debate with myself about buying the gachapons for FE3 also, I probably will get them, but I need parent consent first.

I don't suppose you could post your sources could you? I was only aware of 2 Manga volumes

estebanchaidez

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I know that and some more. My sources can be found all at one place. At least, this is where I started it. Here you go:
http://estebanchaidez.deviantart.com/
And by the way, I thank you for that link you provided with the Fire Emblem 3 Translation Patch. I've been looking for one that is practically fully translated. I will upload and post a patched game for those who don't know how to patch or are just to lazy to patch it. lol
And I have been wanting to get the figurines. I didn't know they were called gachapons. XD If it were me, I would get it.
So far, as far as collecting, I got all 12 Maki Hakoda mangas/doujinshis. On that link I put up there, I only uploaded 3.2 Chapters of the manga that were translated to English. I haven't found any more mangas online, but I'm still looking. That's how I found this thread. ^_^ Glad I did too. I think I read that you had the Japanese version of them online. If that is true, can you share your source/files?

Okysho

Smash Ace
Me personally, no I don't have them. But I do recall someone mentioning them. My gochapons will be here next monday! I got them for a great price too! $20 plus 16 for shipping!

Sweet! You've got a deviantart account! I added you to my watchlist I hope you don't mind. You could be able to recognize who I am (It's Okysho. Anywhere on the internet if you see this name, it's probably me)

Also, thanks for the link to the translated Doujinshi! I only had volumes 1 and 2 but now there's 3 too!! Sweet!

You're a good artist too! Wish I had that much skill! I've got a few Marth tributes in my gallery. A photoshop image and a Costume I did for anime North 2007.

Once agian, thanks!

estebanchaidez

Smash Rookie
hey, no problem. you need to know anything about marth, i'll be glad to share. i still dont think i know everything about marth. so there might be a few holes in my knowledge of marth. heh. but yeah, i dont mind having more friends on dA or anywhere else. and as far as what i name my profiles on sites, i'm mostly "estebanchaidez" or if not, i'm "Aritian Lord". obviously a very huge marth fan. ^_^ and i dont regret it.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I envy all of your Marth knowledge. I like reading mangas but i can't find the ones for fire emblem (the japanese get all the good stuff). I'm ashamed to call myself a marth fan now since i know so little, but I was one of the only people to know that marth was a guy (the name was a dead giveaway) when he appeared in melee, at least out of my friends. I guess that counts for something.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I thought I should join this thread because it's a Marth discussion thread, and I know a lot about Marth. I got some downloadable stuff too. ^_^ But I will only keep posting if it's alright with you guys. Also, I have read some of the later parts of this thread, like about page 56 and on. Skimming through parts though. XP

I guess I should prove that I know a few things about Marth:
I know there's a TCG, 2 Episode Anime, 12 Mangas made by Maki Hakoda, some Stamps that I still can't find many images of, of course the 2 part video game(FE1/FE3), the artbook that was also made by Maki Hakoda, and to finish it off, a little info: Marth's PARENT'S names are Cornellius(Dad) and Lysa(Mom).
:-O

I recognize you! I've seen you on deviantART (I'm not a member of that site, but I do like looking at it.)

Thanks for the tidbit about Marth's mother. Hardly any info exists about her that I know of.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
hey marth guys and gals! how's it going we haven't spoken in ages! cool website i'm honored to be allied to such an awesome clan

estebanchaidez

Smash Rookie
I envy all of your Marth knowledge. I like reading mangas but i can't find the ones for fire emblem (the japanese get all the good stuff). I'm ashamed to call myself a marth fan now since i know so little, but I was one of the only people to know that marth was a guy (the name was a dead giveaway) when he appeared in melee, at least out of my friends. I guess that counts for something.
Well, it been about 3 to 4 years since I started using Marth in Melee. After making Marth my main character in Melee, I started to look for things about him for those following years. And that is how I know a lot. ^_^ I don't know Japanese, and I agree, they do get all the good stuff. >_>
I also knew Marth in as a guy, unlike my friends. >.< **** *******s always making fun of him.
But being a fan doesn't mean you have to know things about him, you just have to like the guy.

Random.. but Drago has another combo vid:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G9cVTkP4_KQ
Thanks for posting. ^_^ I liked the video. I need to watch more good Marth players like him, maybe learn a thing or two. That's how I got pretty good in Melee. Watching Ken videos. ^_^
I don't really have any good opponents living near me, and my online sucks, so there goes that. but I'll still play anyone who wants to.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Well, it been about 3 to 4 years since I started using Marth in Melee. After making Marth my main character in Melee, I started to look for things about him for those following years. And that is how I know a lot. ^_^ I don't know Japanese, and I agree, they do get all the good stuff. >_>
I also knew Marth in as a guy, unlike my friends. >.< **** *******s always making fun of him.
But being a fan doesn't mean you have to know things about him, you just have to like the guy.

Thanks for posting. ^_^ I liked the video. I need to watch more good Marth players like him, maybe learn a thing or two. That's how I got pretty good in Melee. Watching Ken videos. ^_^
I don't really have any good opponents living near me, and my online sucks, so there goes that. but I'll still play anyone who wants to.
wow im also the only one who thout marth was a boy from my friends wen melee was out. Then one day wen i was bored i just searched fire emblem. In those days i thought roy was awesome so i thought he was the "mario" of fire emblem. wen i found out marth was officialy a male lol, i started teasing my friends future homos because they cant tell the difference between females or males lol. I then played fe8 which was not tooo bad like others say and then finished fe6. Later i finished fe7(my favourite fe until now) and even later i played a bit of POR and RD but not too much because the owner had to leave:/ those fire emblems i cannot find:(
Sometimes i miss playing with old marth and roy:( i HATE that range nerf, link has a longer sword then marth now if u noticed and that sucks!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
well this actualy began before marth was even confirmed in brawl. We had a marth support thread where quite alot of people were in it. Then wen marth was confirmed in brawl okysho who was in the supporters list made this new thread. Later i gave him an idea to make a clan or something and put the supporters list from the other thread in here and so we did. We made "defenders of akanea", joined an alliance with mario and ike, made one or 2 tournaments and now everyone seems to be busy so the thread is a desert now.

anyways welcome:)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
well this actualy began before marth was even confirmed in brawl. We had a marth support thread where quite alot of people were in it. Then wen marth was confirmed in brawl okysho who was in the supporters list made this new thread. Later i gave him an idea to make a clan or something and put the supporters list from the other thread in here and so we did. We made "defenders of akanea", joined an alliance with mario and ike, made one or 2 tournaments and now everyone seems to be busy so the thread is a desert now.

anyways welcome:)
An alliance with Mario and Ike? Did that change the tournaments' results? I mean, I never really understood the point of "clans" on this board. :confused:

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
My Marth in Book 2 is now level 20, but only has 19 Strength! One point from max and I have no stat boosting item to correct this madness.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
any news for fe ds yet? i realy want to see how the wifi will work

Okysho

Smash Ace
Hey guys! Yes I am alive! Sorry about lack of postage, but I've been busy working on my latest anime North costume, (No it's not Marth I was him last year, look for Okysho on deviantart and you'll find my page with a shot of that costume. There's also one on cosplay.com) I'm actually being Miroku this year with the hope of making some cheap scores, but enough about that!

Concerning Fire Emblem DS There still isn't really anything new besides the fact that they've implimented the weapons triangle, added a few characters and that there IS a WiFi mode, the first Fire Emblem Multiplayer. I have no idea how it's going to work... Check the Serenes forest for other details that's my source.

It's also a good place for FE3 help it's got the secret shop locations and things like that to help max your players out.

Okysho out! See you on the other side!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
An alliance with Mario and Ike? Did that change the tournaments' results? I mean, I never really understood the point of "clans" on this board. :confused:
yeah there is quite alot i still dont get about alliances and stuff
btw WELCOME BACK OKYSHO!:) my "important" x-ams are over so i got MUCH more free time now.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yay i know but im already playing it with my cousins:) its been like a month or two im playing it lol
and yeah ive been in an onlne tourney... not that good
soo laggy sometimes playing with the uk guys

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol i played someone who was in the same country as me and we had lag but wen i played someone from the other side of eu he did not lagg at all. maybe it was because he was dedede.
btw its since i was a kid that i wanted games with online play but the best game's online play made me cry:(
i also heard a rumor that eu brawl was delayed because online will be improved but i doubt it will

estebanchaidez

Smash Rookie
I'll agree with that, I've had realy problems with lag in online matches, so I'm holding off on those until I get a better connection...
You and me both. I haven't played online in a long while now. I kind of miss smash, but when I think about the lag, I just don't want to play.

lol i played someone who was in the same country as me and we had lag but wen i played someone from the other side of eu he did not lagg at all. maybe it was because he was dedede.
btw its since i was a kid that i wanted games with online play but the best game's online play made me cry:(
i also heard a rumor that eu brawl was delayed because online will be improved but i doubt it will
as far as the lag,i believe it just depends on your online speed. i'm planning on making my Wii connect with my router through a LAN adapter because it directly connects to the internet rather than wirelesly, which should make it work better online. then there's the choice of getting a wireless adapter for my wii, which speeds up it the wireless internet for it. I also plan on getting it. i mean, it worked fine when i played the xbox360 wirelessly with an adapter for it. along with that, i plan on getting a faster internet connection from verizon, since that's my internet provider. and there was one time i played someone on a green connection. after that, i never played him since. everyone else was either yellow or below.

lol and about that improving online play for eu, i'm surprized they're even trying. XDD

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i remember when i used to play halo i would play with people from California which is almost exactly on the other side of the world and the connection was green. this means that smash can realy improve its lag. I realy cant choose marth on nline games. i always choose slow characters.
Junk: is it something with pg69?
Starrymight: thanx for clearing that out:)

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Nice video Doodx. Those team spikes were epic. Lets brawl sometime. It may lag but who cares:)
yeah i will play u one day... wen brawl introduces a new online system!
my cousins are twins so they do many team combos or spikes since they think the same lol

Top Bottom