• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
edit: I just noticed you were talking about SNBM using PT and it wouldn't have counted. Technically you were allowed to use any character for the tournament...unless I heard Okysho wrong.
Whooooooaaaaaaaaah. Really? Then you actually won the tournament then, cause you won that round. :dizzy:

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
Okysho, I just visited your website, and I like the screenshots you've got there! (The one where's Marth's possessed by the Smash Ball in the "Marth is not gay!" section made me chuckle...DO NOT MESS WITH TEH MARTHSTER! :mad: :chuckle:).
well he did get wife in his 17 years (not bad for the first bishonen (whit more than 17 years) in the history of videogames).

But who won the tournament?

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
¯\(°_o)/¯ is how I feel about it. Whatever, I say we should just redo it.
If SNBM feels up to redoing the match. I'll disregard the 3min rule if I have to and hope the match will be in under 3mins.

Otherwise, to answer alchfilosofer, Worldkaos technically won.

Oh btw everyone:

Did you see this?
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159760

There's a tournament of Clans going on, and I'm surprise we weren't told of this.

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Or I could record a friendly skirmish and post it for everyone to see. And if everyone is ok with the quality I could just record our match and not worry about time limits at all.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Or I could record a friendly skirmish and post it for everyone to see. And if everyone is ok with the quality I could just record our match and not worry about time limits at all.
this will probably have to wait cause I'm booked with projects till Thursday Evening. My wifi's not that great on weekdays either.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I know Marth inside and out and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fight projectile spammers like pit. It not a problem for me now but i just want some ideas.
Play on stages that arent so basic,

Hyrule, New Pork, Custom Stages (I'll send you some if you want.)

Stages like that, its easier to dodge with all the diffrent heights. Aposed to, say, Final Destination, where the only place you can go is up, and w/o platforms, you cant really do too much.

When your standing still, Duck.

And the new dodge system is amazing for this kind of stuff.

Thats my 2 cents.

__

Im up for another match. Let me practice up first. You guys set the date, I'll see if it works for me.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I can organize one if you guys want, but I'm not playing any more trouney wi-fi matches until I get my Wii outta the basement... Good work WorldKaos for winning and thanks StarryMight for your favourable comments! I only pick the best Marth shots to go into my gallery! Though... I should do some other characters when I get the time...

Also like to throw out a thanks to SDZ for the clan tournament. Personally with the number of members that are active to a constant... I don't think we've got the strength to take on a tournament like that... Council's input?

Okysho

Smash Ace
Just scanning through the list... looks like all our allies are involved in it as well... but what is this... "Aritia Slashers" rip-off of a clan that's up there?! I thought we were the only Marth clan! WTF! ****IT!!!! Ok.... calm... it's been ****ty these last few weeks... um... I guess we need to advertise more... COUNCIL INPUT!!!

edit: I can't even find this "Aritia slashers" on the boards! WTF?!

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
After a few WiFi matches today, I think I am going to play FE3 (I beat both part 1 & 2, but I am replaying through Part 2. Also, I am playing it on an actual cartridge).

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Just scanning through the list... looks like all our allies are involved in it as well... but what is this... "Aritia Slashers" rip-off of a clan that's up there?! I thought we were the only Marth clan! WTF! ****IT!!!! Ok.... calm... it's been ****ty these last few weeks... um... I guess we need to advertise more... COUNCIL INPUT!!!

edit: I can't even find this "Aritia slashers" on the boards! WTF?!
...change the title of this thread? Would help greatly.

Or move the Clan into a new thread so people won't confuse the Marth General Discussion thread and not notice the clan.

Oh yea, we're thinking of redoing that final match. it didn't seem a fair way to see who was the best (Sudden Death)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
...change the title of this thread? Would help greatly.

Or move the Clan into a new thread so people won't confuse the Marth General Discussion thread and not notice the clan.

Oh yea, we're thinking of redoing that final match. it didn't seem a fair way to see who was the best (Sudden Death)
I spawned in the middle. T_T

Rename thread, do a bit more advertising... Sounds good.

__

And we only need 8 people for the 2v2 Tournament, And I already know a guy.. just gotta get him on Smashboards and in the Defenders.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I can organize one if you guys want, but I'm not playing any more trouney wi-fi matches until I get my Wii outta the basement... Good work WorldKaos for winning and thanks StarryMight for your favourable comments! I only pick the best Marth shots to go into my gallery! Though... I should do some other characters when I get the time...
You're welcome!

I've got an account on Brawl Snapshots today! I've only got some old shots in there now, though. But don't worry, I'll do more when I get the chance! :grin:

Just scanning through the list... looks like all our allies are involved in it as well... but what is this... "Aritia Slashers" rip-off of a clan that's up there?! I thought we were the only Marth clan! WT[H]! ****IT!!!! Ok.... calm... it's been ****ty these last few weeks... um... I guess we need to advertise more... COUNCIL INPUT!!!

edit: I can't even find this "Aritia slashers" on the boards! WT[H]?!
Aritia Slashers is the Brawl Central Marth clan.

Do you think we should ally with them or not? Just a question. :)

EDIT: I could advertise the Defenders of Akanea in my Sig', too. Should I link to your site in it?

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice

Also like to throw out a thanks to SDZ for the clan tournament. Personally with the number of members that are active to a constant... I don't think we've got the strength to take on a tournament like that... Council's input?
HEy sorry guys/gals, my internet has been poop. Expically my WiFi.

So whats going on? i see this about tourneys. I thnke if we are going to have another tourney we need maybe 8-16 people?

I would love a clan tourney. That would be great. Maybe if i got a better connection... Also SDZ as soon as my WiFi starts working again, imma give u my FC and all that. also i will just post it on here, so u all can addz me. Again sorry for the last tourney, i wasnt there XD cryz

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Good work WorldKaos for winning
Personally with the number of members that are active to a constant
Thank you, but I really don't want to take credit for a tournament that ended in a 3 way sudden death >_> It just doesn't seem right to me. Also, in regard to active members; I know I'm not too active myself, I tend to lurk moar than talk (especially since I can't really contribute anything useful as I've never played FE) but I just want to let you know that I'm here to stay ;)

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yeah me too i lurk much more than post, u can just see it from the join date lol but i have played quite a few fire emblems 6 7 8 and i loved 7 i also played a bit of por but it wasnt mine so i had to give it back to my friend since he had to leave from my country:( as said before i wish i could join the tourney but i dont have brawl yet:( even if i did i got exams comin and i wont be too active
god i hate math

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Well we haven't made an agreement to when to do our rematch...

I'll just put it out there. The days I can battle are Saturdays and Sundays. If we can do it today, great, give me a time, if we can't, let's schedule the time and day for next weekend.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
3v3 is hardly a fair way to do this. This is how I think it should work,

Me and SDZ, we didnt have to fight in the first round.

Kaos did. He should get a clear shot to the finals, and me and SDZ should have to face eachother, then the winner faces Kaos.

It stays a 1v1 tournament this way. ant its realisticly fair.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol the tourney sounds like alot of fun
i wish i could join:p
i only play on weekends though with my cousins and it is alot of fun

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
3v3 is hardly a fair way to do this. This is how I think it should work,

Me and SDZ, we didnt have to fight in the first round.

Kaos did. He should get a clear shot to the finals, and me and SDZ should have to face eachother, then the winner faces Kaos.

It stays a 1v1 tournament this way. ant its realisticly fair.
That works for me.

And Okysho, we're allow to use anyone for this tournament yes? I just need that verified again.

Okysho

Smash Ace
once again, yes Especially since I know you're an Ike main. Don't worry about it. I'm also ok with your proposal.

Ugh... I have no one to play with anymore! All my friends live too far away, My sister is in University and I'm sick of kicking the crap out of computers!

Actually since there was no one around I haven't played for weeks and got my *** handed to me by CPU Link, Shiek and Ike on Saturday... Sad... truly sad....

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Alright, SDZ, when should we have our match? Next Friday/Saturday dont work for me, I'll be busy most of Sunday...
Unfortunately I don't have great internet connection during the weekday because a lot of people are using the campus wifi, so the only time I'm free is the weekends and Friday if I'm lucky.

and Okysho, give me your FC and we can spar sometime.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
once again, yes Especially since I know you're an Ike main. Don't worry about it. I'm also ok with your proposal.

Ugh... I have no one to play with anymore! All my friends live too far away, My sister is in University and I'm sick of kicking the crap out of computers!

Actually since there was no one around I haven't played for weeks and got my *** handed to me by CPU Link, Shiek and Ike on Saturday... Sad... truly sad....
lol thats rly bad btw there are rumors that brawl online will improve or something :) but its rumors
sdz: i also play ike pretty nice:) his spike is rly easy for me
grab oponement near ledge and spike but all my friends are used to me doin that and so they airdodge then they get pwned since airdodge has its lag aswell and untill then u can hit em

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
lol thats rly bad btw there are rumors that brawl online will improve or something :) but its rumors
sdz: i also play ike pretty nice:) his spike is rly easy for me
grab oponement near ledge and spike but all my friends are used to me doin that and so they airdodge then they get pwned since airdodge has its lag aswell and untill then u can hit em
He got so much power behind that sword @_@ I'm trying to do the back A attack. I can't seem to do a quick turn to do an attack like that yet. My friend decided to go and main Ike to piss me off. What's annoying is he's better then me with him ugh. What was that saying "Ike's so unwieldy..." a while ago...

Anyway, I got an idea of what we can do to get active members. Completely erase the members list and start fresh, so we'll actually get active members now that Brawl is out. This way, we can also start a new thread for clan business only, cause people have a hard time finding DoA because we're sharing the clan stuff with the Discussion thread.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
He got so much power behind that sword @_@ I'm trying to do the back A attack. I can't seem to do a quick turn to do an attack like that yet. My friend decided to go and main Ike to piss me off. What's annoying is he's better then me with him ugh. What was that saying "Ike's so unwieldy..." a while ago...

Anyway, I got an idea of what we can do to get active members. Completely erase the members list and start fresh, so we'll actually get active members now that Brawl is out. This way, we can also start a new thread for clan business only, cause people have a hard time finding DoA because we're sharing the clan stuff with the Discussion thread.
nice idea but our thread will look so much smaller lol

Okysho

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I don't have great internet connection during the weekday because a lot of people are using the campus wifi, so the only time I'm free is the weekends and Friday if I'm lucky.

and Okysho, give me your FC and we can spar sometime.
You got it SDZ: and anyone else too within the council: Oky's FC is 0216-0460-9801

Also, I'm up for your suggestion, It'll give us a chance to start out fresh and get our act together again. As for a separate thread, that would probably work out nicely too... I'll work on it when I'm not so busy with both homework and trying to re-gain my skills... maybe I should go back to the GCN controller...

As for Starry, go ahead you can link to the site if you want!

Top Bottom