• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's placement in June 2009 tier list

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Where and how do you think he will move? Do you think he will rise or fall?

Mario's tourney results are awful right now, however, he is still a solid character.

Teh Future

Smash Master
His placement in the tier list effects nothing except his placement on the tier list.

Anyone with a brain can see he is a usable character, the only thing holding him back is the skill of the players using him.

Im not saying low tier mains are bad, but Mew2King doesn't win tournaments because he is using Metaknight, its because he's really good. The character isn't why tournament results are lacking.

Matt07

Smash Master
Mario's tournament placing isn't doing so good right now. Very very few Mario mainers, and lack of choice with others players are hurting him.

I think he might rise a little, but not that much.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think it's pretty safe to say we're the underdogs. I imagine we might move up due to certain characters having nonexistant tournament results. He'll move up, 2 spots at the most. Or he'll fall, two spots at the least.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Pretty early to be talking about tier placements don'tcha think?
We'd like to bring a little life to the Mario boards. Nobody posts here any more.
It's pretty much just me, I'm the last one left. I might be on less once I have to start work again, though.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I'm doing my fair share of work out here with Mario, but it is kinda tough.

Mario is a very solid character that can compete with the high tier'd characters. I myself really have no trouble playing most Marth's, King Dedede's, etc. I think he definitely has the potential to break into Mid Tier come June.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Absolutely, Kirin. Keep up the good work.

My only problem is dealing with Snakes, I somehow manage to fight one every time for my tournament matches. They're usually close games, but Dededes come easy. Which is pretty good, because Florida's 40% Dedede.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Absolutely, Kirin. Keep up the good work.

My only problem is dealing with Snakes, I somehow manage to fight one every time for my tournament matches. They're usually close games, but Dededes come easy. Which is pretty good, because Florida's 40% Dedede.
I get A LOT of Snake practice here. I destroy the Snake players on Long Island with Mario as well as Link. It's really not a bad match up once you've played it a few times.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Snake isn't TOO hard, you just have to watch what you're doing.

Mario... Mario. I can imagine him falling. Or possibly rising...

Or he could stay the same.

Anywho, I just hope all of us do our part to show that he can actually win tournaments *glares at himself* I'm gonna win one soon, watch me!!!

Or I won't.

(Is it weird that I've been to 2 tourneys and not played a single MK?)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not a single Meta Knight? Nowai.

I play about 11.

Matt07

Smash Master
^ Woow that sucks.

I'm wondering will Pikachu's chaingrab help Mario? He can CG Dedede (0-71%!), MK, and others. However I can sense a rise in Marth's (not too bad) and Game and Watch (...:mad:.)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Probably. They have pretty predictable playstyles. Only problem is, you can't get around some of their moves.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
Mario moving into mid tier would be appropriate. I see him sneeking over Ike in the future.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Fine guys, I'll make you guys happy by me running off to hot topic, buy a Team Mario shirt, actually use less luigi and use more Mario and rep him along with my sexy shirt and take home the gold. Don't worry guys, i just hope m2k doesn't come lmfao. But yeah i'll rep mario this incoming tourney to make you guys happy.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Fine guys, I'll you guys happy by me running off to hot topic, buy a Team Mario shirt, actually use less luigi and use more Mario and rep him along with my sexy shirt and take home the gold. Don't worry guys, i just hope m2k doesn't come lmfao. But yeah i'll rep mario this incoming tourney to make you guys happy.
Buy me one of those shirts to kthx.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Use both of the brothers. Just Mario more.
Then we'll love you forever.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
I havent heard much of marios placing high in tournies, if anything he will go down. x[ Things change fast, its all a matter of mario players willing to make a effort to travel and compete at a highlevel in tournie. Mario deserves so much more than low tier atm.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
i think he means he wants mario to be even more looked down uppon, so he looks less like a threat and therefore giving us marios the upper hand by having a bit more of an advantage due to the foes underestimating us and not having enough knowledge possibly to fight us properly... or something like that.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think he wants him to drop because he's quitting Brawl after Genesis. o:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'm quitting brawl if I find something better to play/do. Before or after Genesis.

101 pretty much got it. Mario's high tier, but the longer people don't realize it, the more of a surprise it'll be when one of us get around to showing his full potential.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm just worried people might realize that soon.
I'd like a few more weeks of people thinking he sucks.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nah, it won't go well, lol.
We're all sandbagging every game we played.

vato_break

Smash Master
mario will drop ...boss is only mario placing top 5 >.< thats hecka wack even if i step it up i doubt i can place top 5 maybe top 15? top 5 is hard maybe i should go to vegas ,heard tourney scene there is easy hah.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
mario will drop ...boss is only mario placing top 5 >.< thats hecka wack even if i step it up i doubt i can place top 5 maybe top 15? top 5 is hard maybe i should go to vegas ,heard tourney scene there is easy hah.
Top 5 isn't really the thing. According to Ankoku's list, getting top 8 gets the character recognized. Getting top 8-10 isn't hard to me. Boss be the only one get top 5 (i got top 5, 4 times) but he isn't the only one getting top 8.

vato_break

Smash Master
oh my bad i thought it was top 5 still people have to really step it up if they wanna place that high,i know i have tried my very hardest and have not even come close i don't know how you do it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe, the fact that he's low tier actually helps me out a lot. Too many people underestimate him and end up losing matches. Unfortunately, as a dual mainer, I actually find I have an easier time with a lot of higher tier matchups with Kirby...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
He prolly won't. I don't see anybody in low tier rising over him except for maybe Ness. Not because he's better or anything, but because SBR is lol

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Seriously, where's my link to the Mario hat? (One that I can wear to tourneys)

I'll do much better when I have it on, it should settle my tournament nerves (I can't gimp when I'm nervous, I've noticed this at both the tourneys I went to)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
M2k got 3rd or 4th at a MK banned tourney.

The character matters a lot, actually.
Or you know, the character he mains gets banned, and he still gets 4th with a character that therefore is not his main, against people who main other characters... I'd say the player matters more.

To be fair though, yes character does matter quite a bit.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure M2K is an extrodinary player. But MK and him. Combined is why he wins 1st so often IMO, alongside the fact MetaKnight is all he plays.

~Mario will probably drop in the longrun. Not enough people attending major Tournaments with him. Or people using him as a secondary even. As of June, maybe get bumped under 1 character or something similar.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Or you know, the character he mains gets banned, and he still gets 4th with a character that therefore is not his main, against people who main other characters... I'd say the player matters more.

To be fair though, yes character does matter quite a bit.
at M2K's skill level, he should be very good with the character he was using. The character also plays a big roll. MK Plays a giant roll.

Top Bottom