• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's placement in June 2009 tier list

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thanks for clearing that up. I knew it didn't sound right.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lol Straked... Monk's right on this one... (About the noun thing, not the adverb.)

Edit: D'awww... I did pretty good with Mario/Kirby yesterday... too bad MK banned tournies don't count (which it kinda sucks it was MK banned, considering there was only one MK player there, and he only seconds MK...).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wasn't being serious in the first place. :p We're the worst at general discussions.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
VATO!!!!

I'm coming to World 1-2!

Hopefully that will make you feel better. =)

Famous

Smash Champion
Got 13th out of 28th >_< .Lost to a dk and a marth, sorry guys looks like i've failed you once agian
You lost to Mike Haze again?!?! How dare you...lol, jk

Dk can be troublesome if you try to outpower him close up...Fireball spam his azz

Marth is...not that hard to beat...Just got to learn the match-up and dont rush into his Fairs, Nairs and whatever BS campy like moves he has..

You'll learn how to use my cape eventually Vato

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
I like marth a lot... I find him rather easy to deter with Mario... maybe its just the people I play but using the fireballs and excellent dodging can work very well... I tend to do tons of fireball to throw combos, using the countering habits of players to punish and capitalize on weak points

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I dunno, Mario's most likely higher than his current postion, I could see him as a low middle tier? He's sorta...average in most categories, and in Brawl, most top/high tiers have some super crazy ability that is crutial to be top. (Marth and lol sword range, Diddy and nannerz, DDD and grabs/weight, etc.) Mario doesn't have an amazing ability, sides from his bove average gimping game. Sadly, it's easier to sweetspot the edge in Brawl and most characters recoveries got better, that sorta hurts his gimping game. That cape is still a lifesaver and easily his best move. Don't forget his pretty good comboing skills.

Anyone not like his Fair? It looks cool and all, but it bugs me when attempting to chain aerials, and theres better meteor smashes out there. Too laggy for me :p

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I was at least hoping you'd get a more powerful smash in such a laggy move.

Top Bottom