• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Metagame Analysis (Updated as of 3/06/2010)

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
YO! I found a total legit use for d-tilt!!!
It has better range than f-tilt, and comes out pretty fast too. If your opponent is hanging on the ledge and trying to pull off some ledge mindgame shenanigans, and you're pretty close to the ledge you can just d-tilt him. If you space it perfectly so that it you just BARELY hit him with the very edge of the hitbox he will be WTF surprised and be popped up to the perfect height for a angled up f-smash, or a d-smash, depending on the percent.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
YO! I found a total legit use for d-tilt!!!
It has better range than f-tilt, and comes out pretty fast too. If your opponent is hanging on the ledge and trying to pull off some ledge mindgame shenanigans, and you're pretty close to the ledge you can just d-tilt him. If you space it perfectly so that it you just BARELY hit him with the very edge of the hitbox he will be WTF surprised and be popped up to the perfect height for a angled up f-smash, or a d-smash, depending on the percent.
That actually sounds like it might be legit. Dtilt is a move meant to pop up the opponent at high percents, so Pierce as told me.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Forgot to mention that people don't usually DI it since they're handing from a ledge, so its even better!
I just played a few games, but I didn't go Mario for most of them and didn't get a chance to pull it off when I did.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I heard about that multiple times actually, but never bothered trying it myself because well, it is D-tilt.

I'll be going to a tourney tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
hey inferno, what is the name of that girl on your avatar.....................DING

flameleon......we need to do some training together dude

Forever Forgotten

Smash Rookie
Can't believe he forgot RAR with B-Air. Whether or not someone said that already, I don't care; I really don't feel like looking through 25 pages to check.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
No but yuo rather bump up a rather old thread. Nice.
And considering Mario's metagame is rather stagnant it's not gonna get updated anytime soon.

I did decide to add on a tidbit about RAR B-air since it was mentioned.

Top Bottom