• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Tourney Results!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Marth is a pretty creative character actually. Very fluid and fun to watch. You can tell the minute discrepencies of their styles.

Based on experience, however, I think Mario as a character has more room to be original.

Dory

Smash Journeyman
If marth had a projectile he would be gay(ERRRRR!) >.>

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222138 March 8th (sunday) DSX's Queen's NY smash weeklie

So i just got 5th place out of 14 in brawl singles. They didn't post up the results thread but i'll link it asap.

This tourney was so crappy. Crampy venue, newb TO, only 2 t.vs and no bathroom i mean wtf -.-

But otherwise, I had alot of fun in this tourney. I dominated most of the time with luigi and went Mario near the end because I got bored of luigi lol. I got mucho respect from this tourney seeing as how the crowd went wild with my epix combos and shoryukens. I got respect from D1, Ninjalink, Siciscorrs, Shinworld and the rest of the crowd lol.

I'm just so happy the pros acknowledged me and reconginizeing my skill. They're already seeing my potential, nicknamed me BossJr or MiniBoss LOL...

I got 1-2'd by Ninjalink. Close match =[. I'll post more about shoutouts maybe later.

My mario was ballin actually. I did a cape glide, reflected ROB's lazer, and killed him and won the match =D. He was wreckin most of the ROBs there too.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Alright, just got to my house since I got back from the Lucario is Paw-Some Midwest Circuit event #1, and I got 33rd out of 49 (I think that was the number)

I was horribly nervous, doing much better in friendlies than I did pools, if I would've won one more set, I probably would've made it out.

If any of you Luigi mains/secondaries know Cr4sh, I friendlied him, it was kind've like a ditto except that Luigi can kill at like SUPER LOW percents.

I also took two stocks off Omniswell's ICs during pools (It was my first match, and being nervous makes me a horrible gimper.) Then he counterpicked D3 and I was like "WDF" but I took two stocks off his D3 too. Still lost the set though.

Apparantly, according to Excel, I'm not really campy or super aggressive, I'm c-c-c-c-melee.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Alright, just got to my house since I got back from the Lucario is Paw-Some Midwest Circuit event #1, and I got 33rd out of 49 (I think that was the number)

I was horribly nervous, doing much better in friendlies than I did pools, if I would've won one more set, I probably would've made it out.

If any of you Luigi mains/secondaries know Cr4sh, I friendlied him, it was kind've like a ditto except that Luigi can kill at like SUPER LOW percents.

I also took two stocks off Omniswell's ICs during pools (It was my first match, and being nervous makes me a horrible gimper.) Then he counterpicked D3 and I was like "WDF" but I took two stocks off his D3 too. Still lost the set though.

Apparantly, according to Excel, I'm not really campy or super aggressive, I'm c-c-c-c-melee.
yea, Omni is good. But you'll do better next time. I wish I was there, i would have cheerd you on. T_T

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Boss, since when do you post here any more?
Lol.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
yea, Omni is good. But you'll do better next time. I wish I was there, i would have cheerd you on. T_T
I wish I could make it to this month's Clash of the Brokenness, but I have ride johns, since my family seems to have a problem driving there, but not to Ohio two weeks later. -_-'

Then I could play Omni, and beat him (for once) he's beaten me in BOTH of the tourneys I've been to!

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Play n Trade Brawl Tournament
Stony Brook, Long Island, New York
3/8/09
2nd of 21 Entrants
Mario, Link

No results thread up yet, my friend was supposed to get it up a few days ago, gotta see what's up.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I would post that I came in 2nd in my local tournament, but they had items on... I don't consider that a decent tournament.

(Not to mention, I only lost because of the ***master, that guy got 4 NON landmaster kills that whole time.)

Good thing I convinced them no items at the next tourney. :p

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
woah nice **** kirin. isnt there a college called stoney brooke or sumthing? anyways good stuff man
Yeah, Stony Brook University is a college in (you guessed it) Stony Brook :D

Kirin you're trash, and a horrible teams partner, and you should feel horrible! >:o

I'm just kiddin you know i am plz take me bak :(

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Yeah, Stony Brook University is a college in (you guessed it) Stony Brook :D

Kirin you're trash, and a horrible teams partner, and you should feel horrible! >:o

I'm just kiddin you know i am plz take me bak :(
lolgetanewcontroller.

Do you know if Doowop is coming to the next Castle? If so I have to team with him like I said I would at GIMPED. Mario Bros. Team, ftw.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I had a horrible experience at a tourney yesterday :[

In doubles I went 0-2, I went Mario, my partner used Lucas...

First match went against double Game and Watch.. Second match went against double Snakes =/
Both matches we went 1-2... close matches, but horrible match ups x.o

And then for singles... I beat some random metaknight... and then lost to a player on SoCal's power rankings... and then I had to fight against my own double's partner... Which should NOT of happen with the number of attendee's.. I checked the brackets BEFORE they did the seeding, and I was in a different bracket from my partner.. but I guess during the whole seeding situation they put us together? Any who, we were just messing around and I took the lost xD

So yep, my worst experience at a tourney thus far =/

On a lighter note.. Dory made a kid cry? lol...

vato_break

Smash Master
entered doubles at same tourney as kanzaki got 25th of 26th
then in sigles i lost to 9th place then in losers i lost to 7th place heh gg mario, time for a new main.
49th(agian?!)of 73

0-2'd

Dory

Smash Journeyman
On a lighter note.. Dory made a kid cry? lol...
lol aww man I still cant believe his mom came looking for me. I thought it was a joke till my friend meow was like she seriously came and was asking for the person who was running the tourney... but wow.. just lol

Dory

Smash Journeyman
Yea sorry I wasnt using mario. >.<
I loss first round in singles vs a random *** Mk no one knows (I went Lucario the first one and Mario the second one and loss) and I was sooooo irritated and mad that an Mk thats a straight up noob can beat a well trained lucario and mario. So i decided to be gay the rest of the tourney and not care. I changed my name to "Plank" and used his tag and color and tornado spammed anyone that got in my way. Then my matched got called playing some TL named Rockon or something and I tornado spammed him and he loss. He said "good games ***" and I laughed. I was then told he cried and he ended up telling his mommy on me and she came looking for me and asking who was running this tourney. My friends told me this cause i didnt even know she was looking for me xD
so thats basically it.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Yea sorry I wasnt using mario. >.<
I loss first round in singles vs a random *** Mk no one knows (I went Lucario the first one and Mario the second one and loss) and I was sooooo irritated and mad that an Mk thats a straight up noob can beat a well trained lucario and mario. So i decided to be gay the rest of the tourney and not care. I changed my name to "Plank" and used his tag and color and tornado spammed anyone that got in my way. Then my matched got called playing some TL named Rockon or something and I tornado spammed him and he loss. He said "good games ***" and I laughed. I was then told he cried and he ended up telling his mommy on me and she came looking for me and asking who was running this tourney. My friends told me this cause i didnt even know she was looking for me xD
so thats basically it.
No johns, my Mario beat a random *** MK no one knew xD

During your friendly set vs. Vato, I was just chillin with Will when I think MoJoe(or someone, I forget), told Will that Rockan is crying because he got planked... Apparently the Japanese Ledge Grabbing rule was in effect(I didn't know that, but I didn't plank xD), but it was too late, cause the set ended a long time ago >.>

They were trying to convince Will to make the set 1-1 and continue with a third round, but Will said something that he couldn't do it because there was no hard evidence that Dory planked. The hard evidence being the stats at the end of the round...

But yeah, I didn't know his mom got involved, I'm a bit interested to know what happend </drama> xD

Dory

Smash Journeyman
No johns, my Mario beat a random *** MK no one knew xD

During your friendly set vs. Vato, I was just chillin with Will when I think MoJoe(or someone, I forget), told Will that Rockan is crying because he got planked... Apparently the Japanese Ledge Grabbing rule was in effect(I didn't know that, but I didn't plank xD), but it was too late, cause the set ended a long time ago >.>

They were trying to convince Will to make the set 1-1 and continue with a third round, but Will said something that he couldn't do it because there was no hard evidence that Dory planked. The hard evidence being the stats at the end of the round...

But yeah, I didn't know his mom got involved, I'm a bit interested to know what happend </drama> xD
Well :p what was the guy you played name? we can see who did better, the noob that beat me or the noob you beat ;P lol

Yeah i didnt plank. All i did was tornado spammed and grab the edge a couple of times ;D
but not super excessively. And he was like "you know planking is banned right?" and I was like "You know items are banned right?" (since he was TL and just spamming that lol) and yea w.e.

Oh and the kid was 13? Idk? lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Well :p what was the guy you played name? we can see who did better, the noob that beat me or the noob you beat ;P lol

Yeah i didnt plank. All i did was tornado spammed and grab the edge a couple of times ;D
but not super excessively. And he was like "you know planking is banned right?" and I was like "You know items are banned right?" (since he was TL and just spamming that lol) and yea w.e.

Oh and the kid was 13? Idk? lol
Tony told me yesterday. Too good Dory, lol. I figured he was like 9 or 10 when he said it. When he told me this guy was a teenager, I had to :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom