• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
lol perfectly summed up GAW. how's it going selling that faceplate?

On topic, i havent played this in more than 2 months, any breakthroughs in the meta game or is it still like what the wii troopers were?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
i just tuned in to their forum, and have been playing a little.
I'm pretty sure they're all out of tricks,
after the waluigi corner shot.
Now i think instead of finding new tricks, they're seeing how many belgian waffles they can score in one match, and stuff of that nature.

my record of which, btw, is 7. then he just camped the wall and i couldnt do them anymore.

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Yea, the meta-game hasn't really changed much. Players just seem to be more aware, in most cases, about many of the tricks.

Aaryk: I'm still waiting for our game. T_T

Buzz: You too. I know you're a superstar and all because of SMYN but still... :)

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
i have mixed feelings on this subject.

i played mellee for the LONGEST time withought techs, i recently learned wavedashing and L-canceling........its made me MUCH better and coincidentally, made smash a bit more fair against cheap
players and computers.and FUNNER.

now i cant imagine games like smash withought hacked moves.

however.....

its still CHEATING.

its like ME abusing an actuall game of soccer and suddnely deciding
to take the rules MY OWN WAY.

i understand using these tech- im sorry.

CHEATING TOOLS...

....with a local friend, but its completely un-fair to people who want to play strikers for fun online,
only to have his fecking goalie pull of crap he din't even tell him to do.

thats why im HAPPY about brawls online.

you "pros" hate it.
we semi-casual hardcores..LOVE IT.

games are about fun right?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion

i played mellee for the LONGEST time withought techs, i recently learned wavedashing and L-canceling........its made me MUCH better and coincidentally, made smash a bit more fair against cheap

however.....

its still CHEATING.

CHEATING TOOLS...

....with a local friend, but its completely un-fair to people who want to play strikers for fun online,

you "pros" hate it.

I'm so tired of this subject. There have been some logical arguments about the ruleset, but its almost like you don't even think about what your typing before you do it. Cheating tools?
The only difference between you and a good player is that a good player recognizes that wave dashing isn't a glitch. It's not a hack, there is no cheating involved. You never get more out of the equation than you put in. For all the characters to have difference slide lengths, it had to have been a natural part of the physics engine, and if you can't recognize that, you have no place in the competitive community.

Stick to Mario Party if that's your real view on gaming.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer

however.....

its still CHEATING.

CHEATING TOOLS...

you "pros" hate it.

It is only cheating according to your rulebook. Seriously, how is exploiting goalie AI any different than shooting on a goalie in real life who has his back turned? How do you know how the game is supposed to be played? After you answer that, who taught you respect the creator's wishes? I cannot recall the last time I played any game and wondered if my actions were OK in the eyes of the creator. You people like to think that humans are not allowed to be creative and come up with new techniques. For every new technique that emerges, counter techniques emerge as well. No one method guarantees victory. Cheating implies exploiting a blatant advantage that is unavailable to the opponent. Handing your opponent a broken controller is cheating. Finding clever ways to score on the goalie is far from cheating. You are just one of the many who whine and complain because everyone doesn't play the way you like to play.

Welcome to the real world.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
It is only cheating according to your rulebook. Seriously, how is exploiting goalie AI any different than shooting on a goalie in real life who has his back turned? How do you know how the game is supposed to be played? After you answer that, who taught you respect the creator's wishes? I cannot recall the last time I played any game and wondered if my actions were OK in the eyes of the creator. You people like to think that humans are not allowed to be creative and come up with new techniques. For every new technique that emerges, counter techniques emerge as well. No one method guarantees victory. Cheating implies exploiting a blatant advantage that is unavailable to the opponent. Handing your opponent a broken controller is cheating. Finding clever ways to score on the goalie is far from cheating. You are just one of the many who whine and complain because everyone doesn't play the way you like to play.

Welcome to the real world.
Yeah I have to agree with Buzzsaw.

Cheap is relative to the individual. Cheap is simply an ego defense mechanism.

You did something cheap that caused me to lose, but since it was cheap and if you had not done that tactic I would have won, so that means I am the better person"

That sentence basically sums up the mindset of someone who cries cheap.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Strikers Ranked Play: Where Nooby Tactics Go To Die.

Also My Wii Number is 7602 0018 3257 0650.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I love using the jump the goalie tech, especially with Toad.
I know this other tech for the "goalie jumpers".
Go to the bottom side of the foes goal with the ball. Jump over the goalie and in mid-air, pass to another player and shoot with him. The jumper will get knocked out by Kritter but Kritter won't get in front of the goal to block before you shoot! It doesen't always work tho.

I hate it when Dry Bones, Waluigi, or Daisy warp past the goal. I t seems unfair.

Oh yeah and when you wanna play normal soccer, use the no power ups, and classic mode cheats. I also use the always white ball trick.
I find normal shots cooler than most skillshots or megastrikes.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Yea, the meta-game hasn't really changed much. Players just seem to be more aware, in most cases, about many of the tricks.

Aaryk: I'm still waiting for our game. T_T

Buzz: You too. I know you're a superstar and all because of SMYN but still... :)
X, I think i'm finally ready to come out of retirement.
I need ur FC, you probably gave it to me before, but i must've just gotten lazy and not added you. You have me, right?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
wow this isn't f*cking ridiculous or anything.
My first time playing in 3 months.
I face #1, #3, and the striker of the day. In a row.
Time to go back into retirement.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I hate people who use Boo's and and Diddy Kong as their team. Grrrr!!!!
My team is Diddy, Birdo (No I don't abuse the Peach Down Smash Dodge), Dry Bones, and Boo.

wow this isn't f*cking ridiculous or anything.
My first time playing in 3 months.
I face #1, #3, and the striker of the day. In a row.
Time to go back into retirement.

My first ever game online was against #8, I got slaughtered.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
OK, seriously, I've never even tried to do all this advanced stuff like belgian waffle and that insane lob-shot from half-line, so I probably shouldn't open my mouth. But I know this guy, Tomber (you've never played him before, he's danish), who is probably the best MSC-player I know. He knows all those advanced things, and he isnt shy about it, at least not in the way he play. He has developed his whole playing-style on all possible advanced stuff known to date. When I play him, I hardly get to touch the ball, and I always seems to loose with those monster-results like 15-0. He pulls up belgian waffles and lobshots like he's done it his whole life. No matter how hard I try, I always loose. If I have the lead with 5 seconds left, he probably pulls off some advanced stuff and wins in SD.

Why haven't I tried them? Because I've always thought I've never needed them. Ever since the 25th May this year, I've developed my own playing-style. The thing is, it's only perfectly developed for a match without this advanced stuff, developed for a match before all this insane stuff was discovered. I'm like Scrooge McDuck who starts so be all emo and stuff when he thinks he's beaten. "I'm only a poor old man, who only knows the tricks of old".

I have nothing against the people who use the advanced stuff to their advantage, I understand that they must've trained hard and long to learn how to use them perfectly, but when someone like me, old-timer, play against this guys like Tomber, the game acctually starts to get boring. It's never fun to always loose.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's never fun to always loose.
I agree with the rest of your statement, but this last part changes the issue altogether. The issue we have with people is that they reduce these advanced techniques to "cheap tactics" or "methods of cheating". They say it just to make themselves feel better about losing. However, when the issue changes to "I hate losing so much", you have two primary choices. You either need to (A) study the advanced techniques so you don't lose so much or (B) play against someone who will go easy on you (or is at your skill level). Many casual players (not referring to you, Andromeda) feel that there is supposedly a third option: (C) force all advanced players to abide by the "rule set of honor" so that casual players can win "legitimately" and feel good about themselves. They cannot live with themselves knowing they are not very good but also lack the willpower to practice the game. Players who study the game deserve to win. They invest the time to increase their chances of winning, so why should someone who has not put the time be given free victories?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Hm, has Yaya ever posted his FC in this thread? If that's the case, I must've missed him. But just post it, Yaya, and it will be added in the first post.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
It is not the same thing. Your Wii number is how you send messages with other people. One Wii number per Wii. Your friend code is a specific code for a specific mii on your console. One friend code per Mii. Friend codes differ for games. You find your MSC friend code by going to wifi, then to friend list. It appears at the top.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Okay, thanks, I'll go to online and write it down.

I probably won't come back for a while though, I'm gonna be playing online for a little bit.

EDIT: Okay, got my Friend Code, it's 360887 960283

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Yaya: I'm adding you now. My FC is 279279 898858

Aark: Don't retire just yet man. I'm sure with practice your skills will be back up to snuff. ^^ Oh, and my FC is above.

I'm online now if anyone is looking to play. ^^

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Heh, Aaryk finally retiring, R.R. no longer has any representation in the Strikers world.
I'm getting MoH:H anyways. I've been itching for a shooter of our own since I played CoD4 at O'Shays.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
My wife and I watching Amazing Grace. Maybe after it is over, I can play a few matches with people. I need to play you, WGW.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It'll most likely have to wait till next weekend.
You been playing?
I haven't played since my pool house was open, over the summer when it was warm out I could jsut chill out there and sleep on the couch and basically play online as long as I wanted, but now with winter weather and the release of GHIII, I've been using the main tv is my house for GHIII whenever my parents or brother aren't using it.
That's why I basically retired a while back. I'm sure once the poolhouse deal is winterized I'll be more online accessible. And with Brawl...pfft, I'll buy a tv for my room if thats what I have to do to be able to play lol.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Bull****. Before only half of the online users used speed-hax teams. Now it's everyone. **** it. I guess I'll have to use speed teams myself. But don't worry, guys, I will play like a man against you.

**** speed teams. *Shakes fist*

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Yaya: Will you be able to play any more tonight? :(

MetalLuigi: I've added you. My FC is in a post near the top of this page.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Yep, just had to eat Dinner, couldn't play and eat at the same time :p
]

Edit: @ Mr. X : Stop the bleeding please.

Thanks, Yaya.

Yaya

Smash Champion
8-1 in the first game we played -.-

But yeah, I am WAY better with Wario then Diddy.

EDIT: Just found out me and Buzz have the same amount of points, I saw him on the leaderboards on the same page as me :p

Good games, X.

Top Bottom