• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

Agenie04991

Smash Cadet
Let me get in on this MSC goodness... FC: 545574 377812. I'll probably PM everyone to make sure. Can't wait

Relean

Smash Cadet
I finally set up my Wi-Fi connection again, yayz.

Here's my FC: 219155463833.

Can't wait to play you guys. I'll add everybody if I can, so please add me too.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Me niether. It's an amazing game, but with Galaxy, GH3, Fire Emblem, and Bwii out, I just don't have time anymore.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I didn't want to be mean, it's just that i keep getting PMs for FC's it's hard to take my controller out of the guitar and beat mp3 or re4, then i have to beat expert

lol i don't even have brawl/moh/galaxy yet and i'm busy as ****

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
after doing a wifi battle, i was compelled to doing this

my bottom five things about wifi battles:

5) lobbing the ball back and forth continuably (i do this all the time)
4) spamming hammer bros., DKs, or the moles down attack
3) after every point, they HAVE to look over the replay
2) five seconds left to the game, and they turn of the wii (they're asking for a slap to the face)
1) your just watching the replay of the final game, and they turn off the wii because they can't stand loosing.

BTW my friend code is 008698 470811

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
I can play you handsockpuppet, though my connection isn't the best...

WaterTails

Smash Lord
**** it! I can finally connect and Volrec, GAW, and Wolverine stop playing!

Anyone know if Buzz still plays?

Anywho, FC is 094603 370973 (PM if you add)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
ha watertails you finally got your connection working? i retired too XD

Volrec said it best.

I didn't want to be mean, it's just that i keep getting PMs for FC's it's hard to take my controller out of the guitar
I've gotten loads of pm's but i just ignore em now. im stuck on lou on hard in gh3, and once i beat it i need to go back and get 30 more starts in galaxy and then i'll have just fire emblem to finish.

Mario Strikers will be virtually untouched come MoH Brawl and so on.

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
*cries*

Striker of the day (for now anyway) and 0 friends connected. :(

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I'ma get back to MSC later. I got a DS with Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon Pearl, and NSMB, as well as FE Radiant Dawn and Super Paper Mario for Chanukah. sorry Mr.X

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
**** it! I can finally connect and Volrec, GAW, and Wolverine stop playing!

Anyone know if Buzz still plays?

Anywho, FC is 094603 370973 (PM if you add)
I played YeahDude today, so yes, I still play. ^_^

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I love how until recently we had almost nothing to play on Wii besides MS:C, and now there's so much that we can't even fit it in.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I unretire from this game now.

FC: 352294 039927

PM if you want to face the Blue Snake.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
hey go ahead and add me to the list i just started playing this game again online after a few months

T-rAv
154726 421618

if you want to add me just pm me

im prolly on a scale of 1 to 5 a 4

:chuckle:

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I just got off my first online play of Strikers Charged... and I'm so pissed I can barely think straight.

People who use only Boos and Dry Bones to do that cheap 'teleport behind goalie' trick are far too numerous, and frankly, I think it's one of the lamest ways to play. You're not playing even, you're just doing something to guarentee a victory through pathetically easy means.

As proof that people who use the teleportation trick have no skills, I managed to pull off a Super Goal strike with 5 balls at green speed. He missed every single one. If you're so bad that you cannot stop that kind of assault, but are winning solely because you can teleport into the net, you don't have a right to be online.

*takes a deep breath*

Yes, I'm bitter. And I'll get my number up soon.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I just got off my first online play of Strikers Charged... and I'm so pissed I can barely think straight.

People who use only Boos and Dry Bones to do that cheap 'teleport behind goalie' trick are far too numerous, and frankly, I think it's one of the lamest ways to play. You're not playing even, you're just doing something to guarentee a victory through pathetically easy means.

As proof that people who use the teleportation trick have no skills, I managed to pull off a Super Goal strike with 5 balls at green speed. He missed every single one. If you're so bad that you cannot stop that kind of assault, but are winning solely because you can teleport into the net, you don't have a right to be online.

*takes a deep breath*

Yes, I'm bitter. And I'll get my number up soon.
To be honest, they are rather easy to defend against once you get used to them. Do you find your opponents approaching from the sides or center when teleporting in? You'll find that this is no different than many tactics used in Melee (*coughSHINEcough*). You just have to adapt and overcome.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Magmar, there are far worse things to worry about than tele-goals. Boo deke goals? Do you know of all the advanced techniques? I'm sure they will take your your attention away from tele-goals. Here is a video of a bunch of tricks used online. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUEo_ZXmIw

Oh, and about the mega-strikes. Online Lag makes them extremely hard to defend. I miss them all the time even though I consider myself of the better strikers. I'll post my fc sometime and do the tricks shown in the video in a game. They take skill and take the luck out of the game. There is alot of luck involved when you take a charged (white) shot.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Hey how is this game's multiplayer? Does it lag over the Wi Fi?

I was thinking about getting it to test out the Wi Fi connection, almost in preperation for brawl.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It really just depends on your connection. My matches are generally lag-free.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah I have a good cable connection with comcast, when I play CoD4 on my comp I don't have any problems.

A follow up question would be: is it worth it to buy the USB network connection, or is it better to use the Wi Fi

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Watching those hack-like 'tricks' makes me mad. It's sad that today's gamers have to resort to finding errors in the game and abusing them in order to win.

Real skill = dead. Haxors are the suxors.

Hmmm... that'd be a nice bumper sticker.

Sorry if I offend any of you out there, but I cannot play online if people refuse to play the game the way it was meant to be played. I'll never play online again unless with friends, because I will not ever play against random strangers who have figured out how to 'hack' the game.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Watching those hack-like 'tricks' makes me mad. It's sad that today's gamers have to resort to finding errors in the game and abusing them in order to win.

Sorry if I offend any of you out there, but I cannot play online if people refuse to play the game the way it was meant to be played. I'll never play online again unless with friends, because I will not ever play against random strangers who have figured out how to 'hack' the game.
I wonder how smash would look like if noone ever discovered wavedash or l-cancel. It's the same thing here. There's always something in the game you can abuse to your advantage, and you have to adapt your game so you don't get too far behind. But in this case, I'm with you. If you, like me, spended your whole summer learning how to be good at the game with all the techniques and tricks that were ment to be used, you get quite pissed when you get totally pwned by someone who can score whenever they want.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer

Dude, you are taking it way overboard. The computer opponents also do teleport goals. The only trick I have seen that is borderline glitch (more just an exploit of goalie AI) so the Z-chip shots over the goalie. Otherwise, you need to loosen up and accept that humans have brains and play using ingenuity. Playing according to creator's intent is a bogus concept that players use to explain why they lost. >_>

And despite what you or anyone else may believe, those "hax" players are demonstrating "real skill" or "true skill". There are no awards for playing with the most honor or correctness. Whoever wins has more skill. PERIOD.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
@Magmar's Wrath

I'd call the chip goals as much of a hack as the WD, it's just a manipulation of the keeper, resetting him, and shooting it in such a way that it cannot react correctly. It's no code, its just a combination of actions that produce another, just as the inputs for a wavedash allow you to wavedash, the correct inputs for a chip goal get you a goal.

If you really won't accept making that happen as skill, then I think you'll have a hard time reconciling you view on competitive gaming with the way it actually is. It's not like it's unavvoidable, its actually hard to set up against a halfway decent defensive team.

But I know what you mean for the most part.

EDIT:-I only read the top part of what you said.

I take the above sentence back. I'm tired of the people in that camp that demand the game be played without any human innovation. The game was never meant to be played any specific way, nor are any other games if there are any options, any controls, or any variations of possible characters. If it was meant to be played a certain wy, it would be work, like what a computer program does. You could ONLY input [A] and your opponent could ONLY input and the resultant output would always be random. However onc you introduce the human element, the input could look like [ABFDBMLMDGLMDFY] and your oppenents input could be [BIDHDFMDMODM] and then the resultant output is more dependent on what each player put into the equation. I am seriously offended everytime I hear that ridiculous claim "it should be played the way it was meant to be played", well if that is honestly what you think then you can play casually (because theres nothing wrong with that)with people who think like you, but for the rest of us who play competitively, you are in no position to judge us, and say we're playing "wrong" or "hacking" because i hate to say it, but wavedashing is as much a hack as doing reverse neutral b attacks in the air.

We aren't playing wrong, you aren't playing wrong, the verdict: If you don't like how we play, then don't play with us. Simple as that.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Dude, you are taking it way overboard. The computer opponents also do teleport goals. The only trick I have seen that is borderline glitch (more just an exploit of goalie AI) so the Z-chip shots over the goalie. Otherwise, you need to loosen up and accept that humans have brains and play using ingenuity. Playing according to creator's intent is a bogus concept that players use to explain why they lost. >_>

And despite what you or anyone else may believe, those "hax" players are demonstrating "real skill" or "true skill". There are no awards for playing with the most honor or correctness. Whoever wins has more skill. PERIOD.
This.

@Magmar's Wrath

I'd call the chip goals as much of a hack as the WD, it's just a manipulation of the keeper, resetting him, and shooting it in such a way that it cannot react correctly. It's no code, its just a combination of actions that produce another, just as the inputs for a wavedash allow you to wavedash, the correct inputs for a chip goal get you a goal.

If you really won't accept making that happen as skill, then I think you'll have a hard time reconciling you view on competitive gaming with the way it actually is. It's not like it's unavvoidable, its actually hard to set up against a halfway decent defensive team.

But I know what you mean for the most part.

EDIT:-I only read the top part of what you said.

I take the above sentence back. I'm tired of the people in that camp that demand the game be played without any human innovation. The game was never meant to be played any specific way, nor are any other games if there are any options, any controls, or any variations of possible characters. If it was meant to be played a certain wy, it would be work, like what a computer program does. You could ONLY input [A] and your opponent could ONLY input and the resultant output would always be random. However onc you introduce the human element, the input could look like [ABFDBMLMDGLMDFY] and your oppenents input could be [BIDHDFMDMODM] and then the resultant output is more dependent on what each player put into the equation. I am seriously offended everytime I hear that ridiculous claim "it should be played the way it was meant to be played", well if that is honestly what you think then you can play casually (because theres nothing wrong with that)with people who think like you, but for the rest of us who play competitively, you are in no position to judge us, and say we're playing "wrong" or "hacking" because i hate to say it, but wavedashing is as much a hack as doing reverse neutral b attacks in the air.

We aren't playing wrong, you aren't playing wrong, the verdict: If you don't like how we play, then don't play with us. Simple as that.

And this.

Lrn2notbescrub, k magamar?

Top Bottom