• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Social Thread

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
hey! i've decided to post up vids and advice on that falco match-up after APEX. i'd rather post vids of me vs pros so you know it's legit! not that i play with scrubs or anything, but the people i play with havent had a chance to make a name for themselves nationally.

anyone else going to Apex? i'd like to play some fellow Mario players, and maybe we can learn from each other! :)

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
WOW. What a ********* post mang.

Grrrr...now you've forced me to post a critique match...tell me what won't work or some ideas since I know the skill disparity lets me get away with some stuff.

(Just the first one) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mvIcb5WeG4
hey man!
i watched a little earlier today. it started off a little iffy, but after the first stock it got real good! your edge guarding is on point, and you had some pretty good judgement! u-tilt is great against c.falcons that love to approach, and you used it correctly :) which i love to see! just gotta watch it with those double jumps, you did some scary ones! some of them were safe, but i saw some that the falcon could have definitely punished for an easy kill. also, maybe some more wd oos for punishment could lead to some nice things :)

all in all though, very good stuff! would like to see some tourney matches or money matches from your mario some time :D. keep it up!

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Hey blanky so how did you do at Apex with mario I was looking around for mario player in the apex result thread but I hanvt found any yet

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Hey blanky so how did you do at Apex with mario I was looking around for mario player in the apex result thread but I hanvt found any yet
i ended up going falco because my mario was so out of practice :c (my friends would rather me use spacies against them, because they dont need to learn the mario match-up).

i did get to play some Mario in friendlies though. started off terrible but i shook some of the rust off. had a lot of fun :). i'll probably be using my falco against c.falcon and sheik (maybe marth soon also) and using my mario for everyone else.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Cmon man mario-falcon is like the best MU for mario lol its like mario dream for combos
yeah haha i used to think that too, but i've been playing some really good falcons lately, and that match-up is just WAY easier when i use my falco haha. it's also a lot of fun! defensive c.falcons are what usually destroy my mario, and a lot of the good c.falcons are veryyyy defensive.
i promised myself i'd get top 5 at the next regional so that i can get some videos recorded. this will happen! :)

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
yeah i was kind of bummed out about that. mango probably wont be playing mario much either, seeing as he now has something to prove. still, there are a lot of videos of him and dr peepee playing mario at random local tournaments. it would be cool to see someone do well with mario at a tournament like apex. oh well, at least there's a doc that places well at nationals.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody know the Mario Gannon MU? Just wondering if there has been any changes from the 2010 matchup thread

xKobayashi

Smash Apprentice
So has anybody gotten really good at the up-b wall jump to avoid edge hogging?

And who are some good current mario players
(besides green mario, eggm, skorp)

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I'm partial to the occasional flying hair my self as mario, I still like uairnthe most thoughh

j3ly

Smash Champion
It's very good for foxes who start firefox just above the line of the edge. They'll nearly always go up, doraki cape counters this.

TheLake

Smash Master
good god i love mario

if you bait a fire fox can you always cape it or is there stronger options?

If firefox starts pretty far offstage, but still have two angles with one to avoid a cape from the stage I don't think you can reach it in time. So, going with the Bair is probably the stronger option. Angled Fsmash hehe

Top Bottom