• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Social Thread

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
talk about whatever you want in here but i would love you guys more if you kept it related to mario in some way......FIRE POWER!!!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Global rules still apply in a social thread

no double posting
no flaming
stuff like that. use your head

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Thanx junglefever ill see you at SWEET II this weekend.

in other news... Mario is actually low tier now so we have to do something. people are getting the impression that mario is garbage. i suggest mario alteast attend 1-2 a month reppin mario and we will do just fine. I have finally got over the nervousness that made me make poor decisions so i cant wait to see how i do at this tourney coming up this weekend.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
1) thank you condemned for talking to a mod
2) thank you junglefever for coming in and setting this up
3) cash munny good stuff
4) I guess we can all be considered low tier mains then. which means more Johns when we lose/ major matchup johns when the other people lose
which they will
a lot
cuz Malfunkshun come to play

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i gotchu guys :3

Condemned you'll probably beat me. I haven't even played since SWEET I and I don't know if I'll play before it either, but I hope to at least put up a good fight :)

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
MORE PROOF
That Mario is NOT Low Tier

1. This was my first tournament in over 4 months of going nearly smashless. About 10 hours of play total over that time, almost all against a grabless Doc player. (kind of like dittos I guess lol)

2. My first time ever using Mario in a tournament at all. I've used Doc successfully before in a few matches about a year ago. That's about it, never really played at high level with him though.

My first time playing a Peach at all in over 6 months. This Peach got 3rd at the tourney and first in doubles. On FD, the one stage where you can't platform camp the way I successfully did against him in later matches. teehee

Good example of getting Baird, and Bairing? Ionno. It's ok, but my platform game against her is probably the only part that would be worth watching of me. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BpEOG_2KtQ

My first time playing a Falcon in 4 months. I've beaten him every single crew battle with many other characters. This is him finally getting me back, pretty badly too. lol

Good example of a few things, like why DL is good for Falcon.
Mainly it's showing bad DI though. I'd john that I had half a year of not DIing so coudn't DI, but nobody should ever DI THAT bad. lol
I'm known to get 0-death combo'd more than anyone else in Canada though, so it happening first stock in the first match against a Falcon, I'll accept that. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqZJ4_s_2Go&feature=related

Other matches that were played on the recording setup that somehow didn't get recorded include.
1. A tourney set against a Fox around my level. First 2 matches really close, he got the CP to Poke where I 2 stocked him. Usually we go really close, it was his first tourney in just as long but he's probably the most technical and fast/camping/pressuring Foxes here. Tougher for me than most of the better Foxes because of his style. We've both played better but there were some cool combos to see, oh well.

2. 2 matches against the Falco that got 2nd at the tourney. He 3 stocked me the first match, would've been perfect example of how lasers hurt and bad DI again. I won the second one with a few good reads and good pressure. Good example of how to get around lasers and not allow Falco to get started. Just takes a bit for me to warm up to wtf to do against Falcos after so long without lazorz. lol

For some sillynoob reason they didn't get recorded, really good matches too, all of them.

I also controlled the play throughout doubles, teamed with someone even worse than me, we managed to nearly beat the teams that usually win. Apparently, according to the people that played me, I'm like a cockroach with Mario and I've been told to keep playing with him because he's a good character and people think I'd do well.

It's funny, cause in May when I told people that I was dropping all of my characters and picking up Mario, they thought it was a bad idea, now I've been encouraged to use him. Shows how closed minded the community is about things, Mario included. Pika and Luigi lowtier too? Yeah right... LOL

Edit: Also, I went 1-2 with a decent Marth in pools, when I started to figure things out, I beat him 2-0 in bracket (maybe 2-1, can't remember) and I went 1-2 with another Falcon in bracket. I could've easily had it but he killed me at 6% with UpB while I tried going kamakaze offstage for lulz, but it's legit cause he's decent LOL. Played that Peach again in bracket, if I played like I did at the end of our last match, I could've easily taken the entire set (came back 3 stocks and brought him to 95% on his last stock ALL with my very last stock [when I started to remember the platform stuff lol] so yeah, that was ****)

Again, no way I should be doing this good after so long without it, especially not for the first time with OUR OWN MARIO WOOP

CONCLUSION

It makes NO SENSE that in my FIRST tournament in almost HALF A YEAR and my FIRST time using MARIO EVER and my FIRST time playing a good PEACH, FALCO, FALCON, MARTH, ETC in just as long, that I (a NOOB) would do what I did this weekend with Mario.

Mario *****.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
how bout that my cousin hates me for using mario. we played today, he was link and cf and I was mario. he kept raging when i would cape him off stage and he would fall to his death.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
nobody until like 150% lol.

the only reason to use it would be edgeguarding spacies at extremely low %s, and u still have better options. docs dtilt > marios dtilt.

mario doesnt need dtilts cuz he has DAH BAIRZ.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
sorry for double post but i just got back from my second to last football game of the season
we got trounced 40-6
I'm kinda upset right now
who wants to try and cheer me up?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
LOL
<3

Just think of how good you feel when you WIN 40-7
Then be happy for them.
Because next time, when they LOSE 40-7
and be all like "wtf I feel so bad"
you will be all "yeah it happens, get over it scrub, I just won 40-7"

**** happens.
Good **** happens too. You know it does or you wouldn't even be bothered by the bad ****.
Logic*
Get @ the good ****.
Don't get @ the bad.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
i was losing to jungle fevers falco last saturday and made a comeback that i was not expecting. and i figured that a Fsmash (in a upward direction) will beat a lot spacies arials when that shffl

I came in 13 out of 33 because i lost to somone i shouldnt have lost to.

Top Bottom