• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Social Thread

crush

Smash Master
Anyone else been experimenting with marios d tilt? I've been 3 stocking people that beat my fox/falco by pretty much only down tilting and wave dashing (outside of comboing, edge guarding, and recovering) imo marios d tilt is the captain falcon while peaches d smash is the ganondorf if you know what I mean. Sort of like how for king of melee and queen of pop Ken is the Madonna and mew2king is the Britney spears, and isai is lady gaga. So in this case, marios down tilt = lady gaga

:phone:

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
lol have you been smoking illegal herbs while writting that???? haha ;p well actually I guess that if you ask the few mario players around I think the majority will say that the dtilt is VERY VERY situational but well Ive used the Dtilt for some sexy **** and it can works like on falco at around 50% you can uthrow,uair 2 or more time depending on DI and stage and when hes about to DI offstage on the ledge you Dtilt then you Dash of the ledge with a Uair into fireball(if your good at edgeguarding with it)or nair if he have a bad DI OR more sexier Reverse cape into bair into reverse fair to kill both lol(yes Ive made that 3 time..xD) Ive made that combo a couple of time already and everytime its sexy as **** because eople bever see combo out of dtilt

Also at more than 120 percent i think you can juggle and tech chase lol and I actually think you can Dtilt reset at early percent

soju

SD God
umm guys i have a question >-> well i was practicing today with mario against my buds ice climbers and as they were doing their get-up attack i caped and they teleported to the other side of the stage. I only got the chance to test this against two other characters and it works also with fox. Is this something thats already been discussed on?

I will bring my dazzle next time so i can record this amazingness if you need more info :B

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
I guess it works only on the first version of the game later version like 1.2 and Pal dosnt have this you can actually use this as your advantage if you cape them against the ledge so they are forced to getup near the ledge so you can f smash them

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Went to a tourney yesterday and got 9th in the pro bracket. The two people i lost to I had REALLY close matches with! just played a little too messy towards the end of each match, but I know I can do better. I'm ready to start making some $$$ with Mario!

Also, my doubles partner and I will be placing at the top soon too. And my crew combo video should be done in like 2 months, so more Mario footage!

Sucks to see these boards so dead, but I hope you guys are still repping Mario hard!

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Ill try and upload you vs proskater/sai/strawhats by tomorrow blanky.

thanks dude! appreciate it! that match with Sai was just heartbreaking and suspenseful lolllll.

you live in MA right? we should play sometime. maybe at Mafia's or something.

EDIT: if you really live in Andover, i dont think it's toooo far from Lowell.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Went to a tourney yesterday and got 9th in the pro bracket. The two people i lost to I had REALLY close matches with! just played a little too messy towards the end of each match, but I know I can do better. I'm ready to start making some $$$ with Mario!

Also, my doubles partner and I will be placing at the top soon too. And my crew combo video should be done in like 2 months, so more Mario footage!

Sucks to see these boards so dead, but I hope you guys are still repping Mario hard!

So Did I went to a tournament yesterday too I wish I recorded loll but well Ive put my mario on the map tough now people jknow who I am xDD the only thing is I didnt went far in brackets because I Had Top canadian player in my way and M2k too lol .... sight :(

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
So Did I went to a tournament yesterday too I wish I recorded loll but well Ive put my mario on the map tough now people jknow who I am xDD the only thing is I didnt went far in brackets because I Had Top canadian player in my way and M2k too lol .... sight :(
good **** man! keep it up! :)

crush

Smash Master
thanks dude! appreciate it! that match with Sai was just heartbreaking and suspenseful lolllll.

you live in MA right? we should play sometime. maybe at Mafia's or something.

EDIT: if you really live in Andover, i dont think it's toooo far from Lowell.
yeah im like 15-20 minutes from lowell

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
yeah im like 15-20 minutes from lowell
Oh nice! My crew and I play every week. PM me your # or Facebook page or something and you can start playing with us if you want.
It'd be good practice, Skillz Nasty is part of the crew. If you don't know him, he got 4th at the previous Hall of Gaming. He's beaten people like Mafia and KevinM.
Hit me up little dude!

crush

Smash Master
Oh nice! My crew and I play every week. PM me your # or Facebook page or something and you can start playing with us if you want.
It'd be good practice, Skillz Nasty is part of the crew. If you don't know him, he got 4th at the previous Hall of Gaming. He's beaten people like Mafia and KevinM.
Hit me up little dude!

ok ill pm you. its better than going to mafias because mafia is like an hour from me and nobody in my town plays

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hit me up little dude!

Skillz Nasty is anti-KevinMswag :(

VGmasta

Smash Lord

Notice:

Mario's dash attack sucks compared to Doc's dash attack.

Mario is a bit faster overall in terms of L-cancel lag and attack speed, but Doc's f-tilt is actually faster and better than Mario's f-tilt.

Mario's Up-B has 3 frames of invincibility on it where Doc's only has 1 frame of invincibility. I always felt like Mario's Up-B had more priority or something but could never tell why up until now.

Doc's cape is bigger than Mario's.

40secondz

Smash Apprentice
hello mario mains. I'm trying to use mario more often in matches and he's not that bad. If Mango can do it big with mario, then so can we.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
I only watched the second match but heres some thoughts.

Stop going for charged upsmash so much. I saw you try it like 4 or so times, it never hit. Your opponent isn't just going to run into it lol. Also approaching with fair is bad. Don't really know whats good to approach with as I'm fairly new to mario. I usually do WD utilt, bair, or uair. Just some thoughts.

Diske

Smash Rookie
I only watched the second match but heres some thoughts.

Stop going for charged upsmash so much. I saw you try it like 4 or so times, it never hit. Your opponent isn't just going to run into it lol. Also approaching with fair is bad. Don't really know whats good to approach with as I'm fairly new to mario. I usually do WD utilt, bair, or uair. Just some thoughts.
I upsmashed a lot because he was above me every time; and fairing in the face is fun lol
No hate, Im just saying xD
But thank you for the thoughts, I'll try.

So, where are the mario mains? Being forever alone isn't fun D:

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
I upsmashed a lot because he was above me every time; and fairing in the face is fun lol
No hate, Im just saying xD
But thank you for the thoughts, I'll try.

So, where are the mario mains? Being forever alone isn't fun D:
HEY how's it going man? welcome to the Mario boards!

if you feel like their approach is over your head, i suggest an u-tilt instead of a charged u-smash. it has better range, more priority, and you can even combo it into an u-smash if you want (depending on their % and di of course). you can also follow it up with a grab, or another u-tilt followed by some u-air blind!

i also noticed you usually like to u-tilt after one of your shffl'd aerials is shielded. although this isnt a terrible habit, there are times (especially when the opponent is below 20%ish) where you should follow-up with jabs instead. i saw you try to u-tilt after a n-air when the opponent was at 0 so i thought i'd bring this up. u-tilt isnt useful in this situation!

also, you throw out many manyyyyy n-airs! and i feel like you throw them out a little early. these are easy to shieldgrab. you switched up your approach a couple of times, but the spacing and timing was a little off. watch Mango's Mario for some good examples of spacing!!

i can tell you're still learning Mario, but keep at it man! you're doing good! keep posting haha i feel like i have no one to talk to on these boards now-a-days!

Diske

Smash Rookie
HEY how's it going man? welcome to the Mario boards!

if you feel like their approach is over your head, i suggest an u-tilt instead of a charged u-smash. it has better range, more priority, and you can even combo it into an u-smash if you want (depending on their % and di of course). you can also follow it up with a grab, or another u-tilt followed by some u-air blind!

i also noticed you usually like to u-tilt after one of your shffl'd aerials is shielded. although this isnt a terrible habit, there are times (especially when the opponent is below 20%ish) where you should follow-up with jabs instead. i saw you try to u-tilt after a n-air when the opponent was at 0 so i thought i'd bring this up. u-tilt isnt useful in this situation!

also, you throw out many manyyyyy n-airs! and i feel like you throw them out a little early. these are easy to shieldgrab. you switched up your approach a couple of times, but the spacing and timing was a little off. watch Mango's Mario for some good examples of spacing!!

i can tell you're still learning Mario, but keep at it man! you're doing good! keep posting haha i feel like i have no one to talk to on these boards now-a-days!
jaja thanks for the advices man, i'll take them in mind.
I usually don't nair so much, because I know his poor knockback and combo ability, the ones I used in those match were like mistakes (a lots lol).
And don't worry, I'll stay here for a long time, at least that's the plan :D
But, are you really the only mario left in the planet? (mango doesn't count lol) because I've like two weeks here and you are the second or thirth mario post that I see.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
jaja thanks for the advices man, i'll take them in mind.
I usually don't nair so much, because I know his poor knockback and combo ability, the ones I used in those match were like mistakes (a lots lol).
And don't worry, I'll stay here for a long time, at least that's the plan :D
But, are you really the only mario left in the planet? (mango doesn't count lol) because I've like two weeks here and you are the second or thirth mario post that I see.
no haha im not, but there's not much of us. most of the people that post here play mario as a secondary i think, and the rest dont really go to tournaments or anything.

Van.

Smash Ace
Hi kids

Hey Mario boards :)

I've been playing competitive melee for almost 1.5 years (been to 3 tournaments), and I'm reaching the point where If I keep playing top tiers I'll never really get away from them. I've always wanted to main mario after I saw scorpion masters videos last year, so I'm going to follow my dreams so to speak and switch to Mario for the duration of my smash carreer (which will hopefully be quite a while :))

I'll try to get some stuff recorded next week and post critique (I'm far from good or anything). I guess I just wanted to introduce myself/let you guys know that there's at least one more Mario out there somewhere.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Hey Mario boards :)

I've been playing competitive melee for almost 1.5 years (been to 3 tournaments), and I'm reaching the point where If I keep playing top tiers I'll never really get away from them. I've always wanted to main mario after I saw scorpion masters videos last year, so I'm going to follow my dreams so to speak and switch to Mario for the duration of my smash carreer (which will hopefully be quite a while :))

I'll try to get some stuff recorded next week and post critique (I'm far from good or anything). I guess I just wanted to introduce myself/let you guys know that there's at least one more Mario out there somewhere.
very nice man! welcome! i check back on here from time to time, hope to see some vids soon! you going to apex at all? i'll be going and playing a bunch of people. i'll try to record friendlies with some top tier players for you guys! i do fairly well vs the good people here in New England, so it'll be nice to finallly play other regions.

Van.

Smash Ace
^Unfortunately I'm not going to apex. I won't really be able to travel much till next year :(

Looking forward to your videos, man! If you make it to R2 pools you'll be the best mario main, lol

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
^Unfortunately I'm not going to apex. I won't really be able to travel much till next year :(

Looking forward to your videos, man! If you make it to R2 pools you'll be the best mario main, lol
awwww bogus man!!! i'll try my best to **** the competition with Mario. im aiming for bracket!!!! wont be easy. probably not possible for me yet, but i like to aim high...:bee:

Top Bottom