• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Moveset Discussion. Current: None!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
N-air doesn't go through Dolphin Slash, BUT, you can punish DS with it because of the lingering hitbox if you space it right. It can get some pretty nice gimps on Marth.

Matt07

Smash Master
Rofl Matador. First stock n-air, wrecks recovery. Second stock Fireball wrecks recovery. Last but most funny, you using FLUUD to recovery but it also causes the Diddy to mess up his recovery, and get legeguarded.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Rofl Matador. First stock n-air, wrecks recovery. Second stock Fireball wrecks recovery. Last but most funny, you using FLUUD to recovery but it also causes the Diddy to mess up his recovery, and get legeguarded.
Too bad that Diddy is broke now. I don't think I'll ever 2-stock him again.

bobson

Smash Lord
Projectiles nair outprioritizes:

Mario: Fireball
Luigi: Fireball
Peach: Regular turnips (not stitch), beam sword, Mr. Saturn
Bowser: Fire breath
Diddy Kong: Peanuts
Wario: Wheels
Link: Arrows, boomerang
Zelda: Din's Fire
Toon Link: Arrows, boomerang
Samus: Super missiles, homing missiles, uncharged charge shot, bombs
Pit: Arrows (!)
Ice Climbers: Ice blocks
ROB: Gyro? (it seems to trade hits with it)
King Dedede: Waddle Dees/Doos, Waddle Doo lightning
Olimar: Pikmin
Pikachu: Stage electroshock, ball electroshock
Ivysaur: Razor leaf
Charizard: Flamethrower, rock smash fragments
Lucario: Force palm, 0% fully-charged aura sphere (higher percents will break it)
Ness: PK thunder (as if it wasn't already easy enough to gimp the poor little guy)
Lucas: PK thunder
Mr. Game & Watch: Chef
Snake: Nikita missile (but everything does)

Also, green shells, deku nuts, star rod shots, ray gun shots, and cracker launcher shots, but of course only scrubs use items so you won't need to know that. Anything else can be caped.

Matt07

Smash Master
Uhmmms I think we've gotten enough info on Nair. *Whips Matt *nohomo* * summary pl0x.

Lol I'm hippie's *****, true fact.

I used information out of this thread too come up with the summary, credit goes to the original posters.

Neutral Air

Pros
+It has good priority.
+Good out of shield move.
+Good for a horizontal Knockback.
+Long Lasting Hitbox.
+Very good attack for edgeguards and Jab lock setups.
+Comes out Fast.
+Good Priority.
+SH D-air -> N-air for shield pressure.
+Nair is so perfect to get out of juggles, chain grabs.
+Lagless.

Cons
-Okay for K.O'ing.
-Looses strength and knockback in later frames.
-Low range.
-Isn't a kill move forever.

SPECIAL THANKS TO BOBSON FOR THIS LIST

Projectiles nair outprioritizes:

Mario: Fireball
Luigi: Fireball
Peach: Regular turnips (not stitch), beam sword, Mr. Saturn
Bowser: Fire breath
Diddy Kong: Peanuts
Wario: Wheels
Link: Arrows, boomerang
Zelda: Din's Fire
Toon Link: Arrows, boomerang
Samus: Super missiles, homing missiles, uncharged charge shot, bombs
Pit: Arrows (!)
Ice Climbers: Ice blocks
ROB: Gyro? (it seems to trade hits with it)
King Dedede: Waddle Dees/Doos, Waddle Doo lightning
Olimar: Pikmin
Pikachu: Stage electroshock, ball electroshock
Ivysaur: Razor leaf
Charizard: Flamethrower, rock smash fragments
Lucario: Force palm, 0% fully-charged aura sphere (higher percents will break it)
Ness: PK thunder (as if it wasn't already easy enough to gimp the poor little guy)
Lucas: PK thunder
Mr. Game & Watch: Chef
Snake: Nikita missile (but everything does)

Also, green shells, deku nuts, star rod shots, ray gun shots, and cracker launcher shots, but of course only scrubs use items so you won't need to know that. Anything else can be caped.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Changed to Usmash.

Reliable killer at 120%, I *think* you can lock people with usmashes at low percents, and hyphen usmashing is helpful.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I don't think it has a lock. But it can combo at low percents.

There's also DAC U-Smash that allows you to charge it up.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Usmash

Pros:

+Decent KO power

+Decent speed

+Decent OOS option

+Farily large hitbox

+Like all Usmashes, it can be used directly out of dashes and can DAC; more neutral than a plus but whatever

Cons:

-Needs to stay unstaled to retain decent KO power

Usmash is good for all practical purposes but it's pretty much a "nothing special" smash as far as Usmashes go.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Usmash has decent Priority as well. If you wanna kill with it you shouldn't use it at all the entire match. IF you want to use it in between combos.. Then don't depend on it to kill.

Its hitbox is deceiving when turned around and can even hit opponents on ledges.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
When the opponent is over 100%, one thing I try to do is keep in mind when each character dies from U-Smash, and refrain from using it until then. For example, if I'm facing Mario, Luigi, or Marth, I won't use it until they're 126%. If they Dedede, then I'll wait to 150%. Etc.

BTW I don't know any of the exact killing percentages except 126% for Mario. I just try to guesstimate from there based on the characters' weight and falling speed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Marth should die from U-smash at like 110%. Just saying. He's lighter than Peach.

Matt07

Smash Master
Up smash, has good 'attack frames', when it cancels out Fireballs, and other small projectiles. Or does it clash with every projectile/move?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
When the opponent is over 100%, one thing I try to do is keep in mind when each character dies from U-Smash, and refrain from using it until then. For example, if I'm facing Mario, Luigi, or Marth, I won't use it until they're 126%. If they Dedede, then I'll wait to 150%. Etc.

BTW I don't know any of the exact killing percentages except 126% for Mario. I just try to guesstimate from there based on the characters' weight and falling speed.
lol no need to wait that long. You can kill DDD at the edge of the stage with a Fsmash around 135% I only use Usmash to kill light, floaty, too quick to hit with fsmash characters.

Top Bottom