• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Some of the expert ghosts are just ridiculously flawless. I haven't really given any of them a real go though. Might do today.

D

Deleted member

If anyone doesn't know, there is a Mario Kart Wii discount at GameStop. Trade in two games (on a certain list) and you have to pay only $10 for the new racer. I took advantage of the situation and reserved Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.:chuckle:

Laurster

Smash Cadet
ive beaten a few expert ghosts.. takes like 15-30 mins solid to do one tho its insane their sooo good.. my most recent one off the top of my head is moo moo meadows.. then went on to challenge the world champ and cried at my inadequacy

Laurster

Smash Cadet
How do you unlock the expert ghosts?
do a quick time.. beat the normal staff ghost by 4-8 seconds a lap depending on the size of the course and when the time display comes up with all your attempts it should say it at the bottom

Ryuker

Smash Lord
I beaat one on luigi's circuit. I can't keep up with the world champion for even 1 lap on that stage. But he takes a smart shortcut and uses a faster bike I think. I keep hitting the pipes when trying the shortcut:p.

XACE-K

Smash Master
do a quick time.. beat the normal staff ghost by 4-8 seconds a lap depending on the size of the course and when the time display comes up with all your attempts it should say it at the bottom
Okay, also is it true that unlocking a few of the expert ghosts unlocks a character? I need to know this so when I do get MK Wii it will be easier for me to get everything.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Okay, also is it true that unlocking a few of the expert ghosts unlocks a character? I need to know this so when I do get MK Wii it will be easier for me to get everything.
Yep.

Spoilers:

Unlock 4 and you get Funky Kong, Unlock 8 you get Baby Luigi

XACE-K

Smash Master
You can stop using spoiler tags, I already know about the characters,tracks and everything else, I just don't know how to unlock the the characters.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Some people disconnect before the race starts or during the race. Not that common and not that big a problem =)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Then the race ends and you win lol.

EDIT: my brother just tryed joining you Xtreme Fox and then my Wii just froze lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sorry my mistake, you're right. Don't know why I got it confused lol.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I hope they change how Blue Shell works in future Mario Kart games.

So you can basically only get Blue Shells at 7-12th Place, problem with that is it doesn't help you when you're in 7-12th place.

Blue Shells are just there so players at 7-12th place can annoy the 1st place racer, it doesn't help them(unless there's a rare scenario where the first place person only happens to be a few feet in front of the 7th place racer).

Here's my idea for making Blue Shells less annoying for the 1st place players and actually useful for the people that's in 7-12th place:

1. Make Blue Shells hit everyone in front of you. Except Blue Shells no longer explode, instead, they're basically a Red Shell that hits everyone in front of you.

2. Blue Shells should be easier to dodge, Blue Shells should move very slowly left and right and they will try to home in on each players but players should able to dodge it by simply boosting or drifting out of the way at the very last second.

3. Blue Shells should no longer remove items(because they can hit everyone).

4. Blue Shells can also be fired backwards, they will not, however, home on any targets. When a Blue Shell is fired backwards, it just fires straight behind the vehicle and if it hits something, it will explode.

However, the Blue Shell should move 30% slower than a standard green shell, making the Blue Shell that's fired backwards dodgeable.

5. Blue Shells can be obtained from 12th-1st place.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Make blue shells like they were in MK64 where they were spiked and ran though the center of the track til they hit 1st place, and can hit anyone else in the way.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Ryuker, Zgetto or someone who wants to play me either PM me or tell me on MSN or someplace else.

You've seen the Frostbeule guy who has several WRs? He's also a smasher, who mainly just owns people in racing games.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I hope they change how Blue Shell works in future Mario Kart games.

So you can basically only get Blue Shells at 7-12th Place, problem with that is it doesn't help you when you're in 7-12th place.

Blue Shells are just there so players at 7-12th place can annoy the 1st place racer, it doesn't help them(unless there's a rare scenario where the first place person only happens to be a few feet in front of the 7th place racer).

Here's my idea for making Blue Shells less annoying for the 1st place players and actually useful for the people that's in 7-12th place:

1. Make Blue Shells hit everyone in front of you. Except Blue Shells no longer explode, instead, they're basically a Red Shell that hits everyone in front of you.

2. Blue Shells should be easier to dodge, Blue Shells should move very slowly left and right and they will try to home in on each players but players should able to dodge it by simply boosting or drifting out of the way at the very last second.

3. Blue Shells should no longer remove items(because they can hit everyone).

4. Blue Shells can also be fired backwards, they will not, however, home on any targets. When a Blue Shell is fired backwards, it just fires straight behind the vehicle and if it hits something, it will explode.

However, the Blue Shell should move 30% slower than a standard green shell, making the Blue Shell that's fired backwards dodgeable.

5. Blue Shells can be obtained from 12th-1st place.
Those are some of the worst suggestions that I've ever heard. In what fantasy world is giving a blue shell to the guy in first place a good idea?

The blue shell helps the people in the back by slowing down the guy in 1st, so that the people in 2nd and 3rd become more of a threat. If the guy in 1st gets too much of a lead, the people way in the back have no chance of ever winning. But if you slow him down, the race will become closer between the people in the front and they'll slow eachother down while the people in back catch up.

S2

Smash Lord
Make blue shells like they were in MK64 where they were spiked and ran though the center of the track til they hit 1st place, and can hit anyone else in the way.
Yeah, I actually miss that a lot.

Specifically, the blue shell had a very specific sound effect, so you knew when that sound started you only had a few second to move out of the track's center.

I miss that sound, it was the sound of terror.

Laurster

Smash Cadet
blue shells are OK as they are.. doing the things you suggested would be poor.. but freeman is right.. thats how their supposed to act in theory ive only played enough games till im a 7000 rating so i wouldnt know.. im chasing time trials more than anything no blue shells for me! :p

one thing that did annoy me the other day tho was in battle mode i got hit by a blue shell :/ and then lightening?! nintendo forget to take them out of battle mode..?

S2

Smash Lord
I liked the character specific weapons, but there was a major problem with them in DD...

which was that you couldn't have mirror matches (same character vs. same character). Considering that some characters had weapons that either were inferior or only appeared when in last place, it made character choosing important. So it was stupid that only one person could have any given character.

Especially when 2 characters had the same weapon, but were in different weight classes. I'm aware that at high level most people used heavy karts, but still, the option should have been there.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Those are some of the worst suggestions that I've ever heard. In what fantasy world is giving a blue shell to the guy in first place a good idea?

The blue shell helps the people in the back by slowing down the guy in 1st, so that the people in 2nd and 3rd become more of a threat. If the guy in 1st gets too much of a lead, the people way in the back have no chance of ever winning. But if you slow him down, the race will become closer between the people in the front and they'll slow eachother down while the people in back catch up.
Well we can just take out the "Fire backards idea" and make it so only 4th-12th place gets it.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yeah, Mario Kart Wii looks pretty awesome, for sure.

I have it reserved now, so all I have to do is wait for it to get here.

I look forward to playing as Funky Kong and Dry Bowser, too.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Played against a German guy I know, he had his rating at 9999 when we started. That's just... mind-blowing. Online play rocks, I've had no issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom